The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: What was the best scene in Spider-man ?
Field trip 0 0%
Norman to Green Goblin transformation 1 0.42%
Peter to Spider-man transformation 19 7.98%
Norman / Green Goblin mirror conversation 20 8.40%
Green Goblin's first strike (festival) 22 9.24%
Wrestling Match 3 1.26%
Uncle Ben death 37 15.55%
School Fight , flash goes down ! 7 2.94%
THE kiss 12 5.04%
Building on fire 10 4.20%
J.J.J intro scene 6 2.52%
peters hospital speech to M.J 6 2.52%
"Peter , is that you?" , Bedroom scene (hanging on ceiling , blood dripping) 9 3.78%
Bridge Desicion (M.J or Children) 24 10.08%
FINAL FIGHT (only 1 winner) 62 26.05%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2002, 02:52 PM   #51
VileGoblin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally posted by redmarvel
There was no way I could vote for this scene. It's not that I don't think the scene was excellent. I do. But for me the plot hole it creates is so GIGANTIC it takes away from the effect of the scene itself. Between this scene and the cafeteria scene where he drags a tray out the door attached to his wrist WHO IN THAT SCHOOL WOULDN'T FIGURE OUT HE'S SPIDER-MAN????
Considering there was no Spider-Man at this point in time? No one.

It was, what? Several months later till Spidey started to appear. Do you really think someone at the school would think back -

"Hey...remember that time when Nerdy Parker ran out of the caf with that tray dangling from his wrist? I mean, that could ONLY be spider webbing, right? And when he flipped over Flash like one of our cheerleaders? And knocked Flash back? WOW! He MUST be Spider-Man!"

The only responce to that would be -

"Why the hell are you thinking about Parker now?"

VileGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 08:25 PM   #52
pedro parkero
Side-Kick

You know what sequence I liked in the movie? It was the scene where Spidey uses some flagpoles(?) to fling himself quickly to the bridge. That was genius, showing one of his swinging tricks, and I can't believe you guys seldom mention that. After that, he uses the railings to swing to Gobby like he uses the lampposts on the steets. It was breathtaking since a wrong move can cause him to violently whack against a metal bar and by the velocity he's swinging, lose a limb.

Ouch.

[Spider-Man novelization]
pedro parkero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 12:52 AM   #53
TNC9852002
Banned User

The whole movie was tremendously good...

My favorite scenes were:

Spider-Man' chase scene..
It was done so well and the action was tense and into it, and the web slinging was just superb and the CG proved that it can handle anything..

The World Unity Festival
This scene, was so good..The Goblin's entrance was endearing and so smooth bringing destruction to such a flavored environment, and I know when everyone saw those board members radiate and crumble, you had to love what was going on. It was the fist time we saw how strong the Goblin was and how much firepower that glider had and how Spider-Man and Goblin had their first fight..I mean,..it was just soo great

The burning building
The two main characters in their alter egos go at it in one of the most spectacular action sequences since LOTR and the Matrix..This scene showed what Spider-Man can do and also told Goblin what he was up against..

Aw, there is so much I want to talk about, but I can never type so much without stopping,..I'll post the rest later..

-TNC

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 07:36 PM   #54
Spider-fan.
Side-Kick

For some people this may be a moot part of the picture, but I still can't get enough of the scene when Peter is shooting his webs in the room the morning after he designs his outfit.

I like that fast-paced, violin-screaming theme that is played during the scene when Peter keeps shooting for that soda can with this determined look on his face. Finally, when he gets the can with his web, he tugs it toward him wicked quick with Raimi's signature whip-pan camera shot. Anyone else like this scene?

I'm also very keen on the moment when Peter mourns Ben's death while staring at one of his costume drawings and hearing his uncle's words echo in his memory. Then when we see Peter's face glued on the drawing the music accentuates us to Peter's point of view as Spidey, swinging the streets for the first time. Every time I see that scene I get so pumped! The first time I saw it in the theatre, I was thinking "Oh yeah! And here we go! It was like watching the first play of an exciting game or something.

Last edited by Spider-fan.; 11-30-2002 at 07:45 PM.
Spider-fan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 05:20 PM   #55
adzmullz1
Side-Kick

I'm surprised that there is no votes for the "Blood Dripping from the ceiling" scene . I loved that part in the cinema , everything went absolutley quiet , People stopped munching their popcorn , some even stopped breathing !!!! . Tension at it's best !!!

Old 12-31-2002, 05:18 PM   #56
Jack Rabbit
i roll twenties

i voted the bridge scene...

that was the one scene that kept me on the edge of my seat.

Second to that was JJJ's entrance. J.K is the MAN!

I would have voted for Uncle Ben's death, since it was a very powerful scene, but the ****ty CGI of the wall crawling ruined some of it for me...

Old 12-31-2002, 05:20 PM   #57
Jack Rabbit
i roll twenties

Quote:
Originally posted by Spider-fan
For some people this may be a moot part of the picture, but I still can't get enough of the scene when Peter is shooting his webs in the room the morning after he designs his outfit.

I like that fast-paced, violin-screaming theme that is played during the scene when Peter keeps shooting for that soda can with this determined look on his face. Finally, when he gets the can with his web, he tugs it toward him wicked quick with Raimi's signature whip-pan camera shot. Anyone else like this scene?

I'm also very keen on the moment when Peter mourns Ben's death while staring at one of his costume drawings and hearing his uncle's words echo in his memory. Then when we see Peter's face glued on the drawing the music accentuates us to Peter's point of view as Spidey, swinging the streets for the first time. Every time I see that scene I get so pumped! The first time I saw it in the theatre, I was thinking "Oh yeah! And here we go! It was like watching the first play of an exciting game or something.
good points dood!

Old 01-31-2003, 11:49 PM   #58
Timsta
Newbie First Class

My favorite part (or chapter) would be the Unity Day Festival, I could watch it again and again.

My favorite scene is when Gobby comes and creates all the carnage and then Peter starts running to a hiding spot while ripping open his shirt revealing the spider-man suit!!

Sends chills down my spine everytime I watch it, the music is perfect and I dunno it is just a perfect scene!

Tim

Timsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 04:00 PM   #59
Greengoblin
Evil

Fav Scenes:

1# The Uncle Ben "Great Responsibilityiyuiyuihgty *Hic*" Speech!
2# The first appearance of GG flying towards the Festival

Greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 04:06 PM   #60
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Most DEFINITELY the scene with Peter chasing the car-jacker...i guess technically, that counts as "Uncle Ben's Death".

Old 12-29-2003, 06:04 PM   #61
Symbiotica
Side-Kick

vile: "My favorite scene?

The beginning of the Unity Festival, when we see that far off figure of the Goblin, a mere black dot, arcing down between the buildings leaving a trail of exhaust."

Ah, yes.... I was sitting there thinking: "Finally, at last and about time too, this guy is going to wreak havok. OH, GOOD! Bring it on!" and he certainly did not disappoint.....!

That and the final fight were my favs. It was all good though, except for the hospital speech which, speaking for myself, could have been greatly shortened or even left out.

Old 01-02-2004, 10:19 PM   #62
PeterFan87
Side-Kick

Final fight is by far the best! There were quite a few good scenes in the movie tho.

PeterFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 11:12 PM   #63
Vegeta
Side-Kick

My favorite scene is the one where Peter goes after the guy who shot Uncle Ben. That scene was amazing.

Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 02:17 AM   #64
Jspider13
it shall be done again.

Armored Car scene.

I love it when he yells "WHOOOOOOOO!"

Jspider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:58 AM   #65
taff
Side-Kick

The best scene for me is only part of the house on fire scene where gobby pretends to be an old woman. It was just the cool way webbing was used along with his strength. To knock the goblin away and then web him back for some more fun was fantastic.

Old 01-16-2004, 12:23 PM   #66
Dr.Dude
Side-Kick

Arrow

I thought the final fight was the best part. I was expecting to have sort of a Batman movies-like ending, where Spidey had some struggle but basically got away mostly unscathed, as the villain died somehow as the hero walked away or whatever.

I was really shocked in a great way when Spidey was thrown though the wall, had a pumpkin bomb explode in his face and was basically pummeled.

Dr.Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 12:24 PM   #67
WEB OF SPIDEY
Side-Kick

Times Square battle for me

WEB OF SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:56 PM   #68
S_H_F_4839
Hulk Smash

I loved the final scene but not as much as I loved the scene where norman and the goblin converse in the mirror.

Old 01-18-2004, 11:01 PM   #69
CaPtIaN_BuLlEt
Side-Kick

My personal fav is at the end when is swinging on his web on top of buildings and then it goes to the credits.

CaPtIaN_BuLlEt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:39 AM   #70
spider-jide
Banned User

Mine would have to be that brutal final fight and spidey chasing after uncle ben's killer. That sequence was hectic!

spider-jide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 11:52 AM   #71
redmarvel
The Mischievious Elf

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by VileGoblin
Considering there was no Spider-Man at this point in time? No one.

It was, what? Several months later till Spidey started to appear. Do you really think someone at the school would think back -

"Hey...remember that time when Nerdy Parker ran out of the caf with that tray dangling from his wrist? I mean, that could ONLY be spider webbing, right? And when he flipped over Flash like one of our cheerleaders? And knocked Flash back? WOW! He MUST be Spider-Man!"

The only responce to that would be -

"Why the hell are you thinking about Parker now?"
You are Flash Thompson, one of the toughest guys in school, and your get clobbered by the school dweeb, in front of everybody... wouldn't you remember this??? I know I would.

Not to mention all of Flash's close friends, Mary Jane and Harry Osbourne...

Old 01-27-2004, 01:41 PM   #72
Greengoblin
Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by redmarvel
You are Flash Thompson, one of the toughest guys in school, and your get clobbered by the school dweeb, in front of everybody... wouldn't you remember this??? I know I would.

Not to mention all of Flash's close friends, Mary Jane and Harry Osbourne...
Even the three stooges could've figured out that Peter was Spider-Man after seeing that Corridor incident.

Old 01-27-2004, 02:47 PM   #73
adzmullz1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally posted by Greengoblin
Even the three stooges could've figured out that Peter was Spider-Man after seeing that Corridor incident.
lets not be hasty.......
man, i love the stooges.......

Old 01-30-2004, 01:45 PM   #74
Alar

The best bit is undoubtedly where green goblin's holdin MJ in one hand and the kids in another and he sez "We are who we choose to be; Now CHOOSE"!!
sorry, but how amazin is that?!!

Old 01-30-2004, 03:17 PM   #75
Greengoblin
Evil

WELCOME to Hype!