The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Should they change the costume for the sequel?
Yes 136 55.06%
No 111 44.94%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #351
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

Default Re: Should they change the costume for the sequel?

Comic-book superman doesn't even wear red briefs anymore there's no chance they'll be brought back to film.

If people haven't noticed this new film series doesn't seem to be big on nostalgia either?

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #352
A&W
Side-Kick

i don't think it's really about that. i think with every franchise they make gradual adjustmwnts for the sake of giving us something new to look at and pay money for. the trunks are an easy direction to go after hislsecond or third appearance on screen if they want to freshen things up. plus it would mean a whole new line of action figures. i think it's got a good chance.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #353
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

There is no way they're bringing the briefs back. Snyder even said he tried his best to make them work for his universe but couldn't figure out how.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #354
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

This franchise is all about looking forward and imagining if this was the first superman movie ever. If they are going to change aspects about the costume down the line it will be something totally new not going back to something from years ago.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #355
A&W
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
This franchise is all about looking forward and imagining if this was the first superman movie ever. If they are going to change aspects about the costume down the line it will be something totally new not going back to something from years ago.
you know this how? zack admitted he wants trunks, but he couldn't make it look right as a uniform for the other kryptonians.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #356
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

Zack was quoted as saying they were envisioning this as if there were no previous Superman films before.

As for him saying he was trying to make the briefs work, that sounded mostly just like fan service. I doubt they really tried to work them in, funny how all the concept art released of the suit i have not seen one piece with the shorts on them?

Regardless DC as a whole is not even pushing superman with red shorts anymore it's not happening on film.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 AM   #357
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&W View Post
i'm just saying he already wears a costume. he has a goal to inspire the human race. all public figures from rock stars, actors, to politicians craft an image and appearance which helps their cause. they even get plastic surgery. why not superman? if he's even slightly artistic or creative it's believable he could take an interest in his own costume and decide to make improvements. it's believable.
Yeah, but why is slipping a pair of red trunks over his tights inspiring to the human race?

I could understand why he might decide to wear a cape if he didn't already, because flowing robes have long been a visual signifier for heroism. But external underwear just don't have the same symbolic quality, in my opinion.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #358
Rowsdower!
Hmmmmm.

I don't think they should change a damned thing.

Otherwise, they'll get into the bad habit Marvel has gotten into with Captain America's costume. That design for the new Cap movie is f***ing awful, in my opinion. But I guess that's what happens when fans keep b**ching about crap like needing his ears to stick out.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #359
A&W
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Yeah, but why is slipping a pair of red trunks over his tights inspiring to the human race?

I could understand why he might decide to wear a cape if he didn't already, because flowing robes have long been a visual signifier for heroism. But external underwear just don't have the same symbolic quality, in my opinion.
i'm not saying that underwear are more inspirational. i'm saying it's possible he could a couple tweaks and decide it looks better, and if he likes it more and thinks others will like it more especially after years of beimg seen always wearing the exact same thing every day then why not?
look at spiderman. one day he has armpit webbing and one day he doesn't. do you think he looked in the mirror one day and said 'i could catch so many more criminals if i got rid of this armpit webbing.'?

eventually they will want to freshen thimgs up and the easiest route to go while still lookimg like he does now is trunks.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #360
A&W
Side-Kick

Quote:
Zack was quoted as saying they were envisioning this as if there were no previous Superman films before.

As for him saying he was trying to make the briefs work, that sounded mostly just like fan service. I doubt they really tried to work them in, funny how all the concept art released of the suit i have not seen one piece with the shorts on them?

Regardless DC as a whole is not even pushing superman with red shorts anymore it's not happening on film.
name one animated film by DC and WB where superman doesn't wear trunks. it can even be an upcoming film.

in addition to dc pushing red trunks in every animated film, including several released this last year they are also pushing red trunks on ALL superman merchandise not connextwd to the actual movie. and if you go to wallmart like 80% of the tshirts, lunchboxes, toys posters ect all depict superman with trunks. its incorrect to suggest that DC is not pushing trunks. and you don't know the future. it's entirely possible that later on he couldhave them. the MOS costume was aw#some but i suspect it will be gradually changed. and i do suspect that come the third or fouth movie featuring this character will depict him with trunks and a belt. it might only be for the sake of changimg thimgs up while still looking recognizeable to how were used to seeing superman.

Last edited by A&W; 07-10-2013 at 05:18 PM.
A&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #361
A&W
Side-Kick

later on down the road if they do it and it looks cool is it really going to hurt the movie? you wont be able to enjoy it? it will lose credibility in your eyes? you really think audiences will be confused or turned off?

i just can't really picture that being the case, especially if people like the first movie

Old 07-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #362
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

I wouldn't hold my breathe over the red briefs appearing in this series.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:57 AM   #363
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
later on down the road if they do it and it looks cool is it really going to hurt the movie? you wont be able to enjoy it? it will lose credibility in your eyes? you really think audiences will be confused or turned off?

i just can't really picture that being the case, especially if people like the first movie
No, but then a movie is a big project composed of a million little details. The inclusion of something because is it may not be utterly detrimental to the entire undertaking is probably not a wise precept.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #364
FVD
Jolly Loves You

The suit is fine as it is. Please no added modifications - that also goes for the trunks!!

And it's funny when I tell people about MoS coming out and everybody around me was joking about how Superman actually decided to wear his underwear inside this time lol!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #365
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I think that we've had enough variations with the trunks. I don't miss them.

I also don't understand why he'd change anything on his suit. Spider-man, Captain America, Batman and Iron Man all either made their own suits or someone made them for them. They need to keep updating them because they'll eventually get destroyed. We haven't seen any sign of wear and tear on Superman's suit. There's no need for him to switch.

DChero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #366
storyteller
Side-Kick

Quote:

There are actually a few but of course they do hundreds of concept images. They are also going to release images close to the final design so you can see the process better.

Now I doubt that they ever made a suit with the briefs. It probably never got beyond drawings and some material tests.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #367
JonKent
Side-Kick

The MOS suit is just fine 2 things I want improve brighter blue the MOS present suit is too dark,closer to Kingdom Come depressed Superman,and a red belt like the New 52 Superman and that's it.

JonKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #368
storyteller
Side-Kick

That red belt on the new52 costume is hideous. I think it's because only one artists can make it work, but otherwise it looks odd. Though I think a red belt in general would make the split the suit needs.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #369
gokira2012
Banned User

You really want him in underwear

gokira2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #370
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

The underwear is not coming back. Neither is the suit changing one bit. They explained in the movie how he got the suit. There's no way he's getting others or another. Its just as how it was on Krypton that's it.

slumcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #371
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

**** the briefs

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #372
nocomics
Side-Kick

Leave the briefs out of it. What they should be more concerned with is Batman's suit and how it will fit in the Superman world.
I'd say body suit similar to Zods, but with armor where needed kind of like strap on type armor while still having that superman fabric look but black.

nocomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #373
regwec
Shakespearo

Please, God/Allah/Vishnu/Ahura Mazda/Buddha/JHWH/Osiris/Odin: no more ugly armoured Batsuits.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #374
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Several pieces of trunks wearing concept art were released.

Quote:
name one animated film by DC and WB where superman doesn't wear trunks. it can even be an upcoming film.
Justice League: War.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #375
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

The Batsuit in this will be interesting.

But, on topic: No changes. MoS suit was perfect.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote