The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 08-04-2006, 03:41 AM   #26
Yellow Cyclone
Pessimist

Default Re: Why do people like Brainiac?

zod's more movie villain

i'd def say brainiac as the AI operating system (lol evil windows) behind the crystals similar to TAS, would be awesome to see

hell get corey burton to voice and i'll buy tix for all my friends

Old 08-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #27
Langoth
Side-Kick

I honestly would rather not see Brainaic.

I'd like to see Darkseid, perhaps Mongul if Darkseid can't be done, instead of Brainiac.

I hate Scott Summers
I like Emma Frost
I REALLY hate Scott/Emma
And if Emma doesn't act like Emma anymore, does that still make her my favorite character?

No. Grant Morrison, you are an ass.
Langoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #28
Amm-arD
Side-Kick

i dont really care whos in the 2nd, so long as doomsday is in the 3rd!!

Old 08-04-2006, 06:05 PM   #29
elvislennon2005
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amm-arD
i dont really care whos in the 2nd, so long as doomsday is in the 3rd!!

There been talks that Doomsday might be in the 2nd one. But that is just rumors.

elvislennon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #30
Obi Wan Kenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorstone
I can see why someone would want Doomsday in the next film, though he is kind of flatly drawn as a monster, but Brainiac? He is leading the poll on the front page last I checked.

Why do people like this character? I just see another bald guy.

I'm curious, I want to know why people like this character. I find nothing interesting about any interpretation I have seen.

Good question. Brainiac has always been kind of boring to me.

Obi Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:42 AM   #31
PSU442
Awaiting Email Confirmation

with doomsday, i just think of another character like Bane in B&R........ shudder.... I think Bane outranks Bob The Goon as worst superhero movie character ever... haha... seriously though, I don't think Doomsday has the clout to be a main baddie in a movie. Now, considering Braniac likes to collect things, I think it'd be cool for him to unleash Doomsday on Superman.... after Superman saves Kandor. that might make for a good cliff-hanger. Not neccessarily Superman's death... but Superman realizing he's in for the fight on his life...

PSU442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:52 AM   #32
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Ugh. Forget Doomsday, bring in Brainiac and Zod. The sequel should have Braniac, Zod and Luthor. Obviously Luthor's role would be diminished here, with Zod doing the fighting and plotting with Brainiac.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:00 AM   #33
PSU442

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight
Ugh. Forget Doomsday, bring in Brainiac and Zod. The sequel should have Braniac, Zod and Luthor. Obviously Luthor's role would be diminished here, with Zod doing the fighting and plotting with Brainiac.
yeah, you're right. I think a 'death of superman' storyline is inevitable. If they're going to do it, they shouldn't bother with doomsday. It seems to me that if anybody can have the strength to kill Superman its Zod. Then again.... I really hope they don't go with the whole death thing.

Old 08-05-2006, 08:33 AM   #34
Amm-arD
Side-Kick

^ In the comics Doomsday killed Supes, they shouldnt change it

Old 08-05-2006, 12:32 PM   #35
PSU442

but wouldn't that be pretty obvious? wouldn't make for a cliff-hanger, he'd have to be killed in the first act of the movie..... but i really wouldn't want to watch a Death/Rebirth of Superman movie.

Also, aren't they making a Doomsday cartoon movie?

Old 08-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #36
Sarcasm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payle Gray
I read a post in another thread that Brainiac will form out of the crystals left on New Kyrpton. I think that would be a pretty good way to bring him in.
Couldn't a similar or exact premise be used for a Doomsday story? Both are born out of Kryptonian tech.

Sarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #37
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm
Couldn't a similar or exact premise be used for a Doomsday story? Both are born out of Kryptonian tech.
Doomsday is just a plot device, how he is going to carry a whole movie?

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #38
Sarcasm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
Doomsday is just a plot device, how he is going to carry a whole movie?
The same could be said for Braniac; although, that doesn't answer my question.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:17 AM   #39
thorstone
Side-Kick

Doomsday could be done in a way that works on screen. One way is to have a macro villain such as Luthor who discovers Doomsday's cell and unleashes him. Or Darkseid could bring the alien to Earth as a living weapon. In either of these stories Doomsday would serve as a monster and thus the character design would be very much alien, very beastial; it is best that they distinguish him from Darkseid in design if they make him a weapon.

If however they wanted to make Doomsday a character that is more than the shark of Jaws, more than the alien of Alien; they could make Doomsday a tortured individual imprisoned by Darkseid in an invincible green silk, Gleipnir, which grows tighter as he struggles. Think, Galactus--Silver Surfer.

When he kills Superman the film should end leaving everyone hanging for three.

When he arrives, they should not call him Doomsday; there should just be a subtitle at the opening of the act reading Doomsday, like in a Terantino film.

thorstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #40
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
The same could be said for Braniac; although, that doesn't answer my question.
Brainiac is actually intelligent and develop a villainious plot, Doomsday is just a mindless killer and all he can do is run around and kill things. that is why Brainiac is a character and Doomsday is plot device, Brainiac could actually say something besides:"Rharrr!"

So to answer your question so the crystals can create Doomsday as well, who is also Krypton'ian, but I would rather have a character than a plot device as the villain.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #41
buggs0268
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU442
but wouldn't that be pretty obvious? wouldn't make for a cliff-hanger, he'd have to be killed in the first act of the movie..... but i really wouldn't want to watch a Death/Rebirth of Superman movie.

Also, aren't they making a Doomsday cartoon movie?
And I bet you that Doomsday movie kicks ass over any live action Supes film. And Warner's again will show that they can make a good animated Superman movie, but a sucky live action one as they will not hire the people who know Superman to make it, anad instead some clown with a TV show or charlies angel's movie.

buggs0268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #42
Sarcasm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
Brainiac is actually intelligent and develop a villainious plot, Doomsday is just a mindless killer and all he can do is run around and kill things. that is why Brainiac is a character and Doomsday is plot device, Brainiac could actually say something besides:"Rharrr!"

So to answer your question so the crystals can create Doomsday as well, who is also Krypton'ian, but I would rather have a character than a plot device as the villain.
Doomsday did eventually develop his intellect......we don't have to use Doomsday of 1993 we could use Doomsday of 2002-2005. Regardless, I think folks would really enjoy a countrywide bigger than life fight to the death.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #43
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Doomsday did eventually develop his intellect......we don't have to use Doomsday of 1993 we could use Doomsday of 2002-2005. Regardless, I think folks would really enjoy a countrywide bigger than life fight to the death.
By the time he developed an IQ became a total wimp, he was jobber in Our Worlds at War and in Last laugh Joker was able to Jokerize him. Doomsday is a gimmick character and now that the gimmick is over, he is just a loser. Besides Brainiac is far, far, far more intelligent then Doomsday on his best day, so Brainiac can motivate a plot far better than Doomsday, who will always just be a brute and nothing else.

Besides Brainiac is more than able to give Superman a fight, the robot version would have super powerful lasers that can hurt Superman and force fields that would deflect Superman's blows, not to mention his robot super structure would almost be imprevious even without the force fields. That is more interesting than some stupid brute.

Old 08-18-2006, 02:21 PM   #44
420KIDD
Side-Kick

Quote:
I can see why someone would want Doomsday in the next film, though he is kind of flatly drawn as a monster, but Brainiac? He is leading the poll on the front page last I checked.

I'm curious, I want to know why people like this character. I find nothing interesting about any interpretation I have seen.
I like him cause he's smart and he drives a Harley.

420KIDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:49 PM   #45
Batx69
Side-Kick

Which Zod? There have been 4 and thier all dead now, superman even exicuted one of them. Oh and I think the next villian/allie/comic relife should be LOBO and be played by Ron Pearlman

Batx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #46
SpiderMarc
Side-Kick

Quote:

I don't get it either...I'd rather see zod, Darkseid or Doomsday....

SpiderMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #47
ariellem
ThorII & Doctor Who!

I don't remember specifics about Brainiac from the comics (haven't read many since college), but I loved the way they did Brainiac in SV and would like to see something along those lines in SR:II/III:

* came across as this interesting, intelligent professor - put people off-guard!
* pretended to be trying to help Clark - eventually they were working together against Lex - did seem to admire Clark in his own way
* Brainiac was secretly trying to get Clark to release Zod from the PZ - we can skip this in SR:II/III, but do give him an ulterior motive along these lines
* Brainiac was hard to track because he changed shapes - and hid in his "ship", which eventually ended up pretty far from Smallville
* could do a T1000 (T3000? I forget) thing to kill people: turn his arm into a long metal blade; run it through them
* not affected by kryptonite, though many people IRL & on the show thought he was going to be!

It's good to make Superman use his brain, not just his brawn. There was an ep in which Clark lost his powers and was supposed to help break into something; he just sort of stood there. His friend commented something like, "So without your powers you have NO useful skills? You're useless?" It was pretty funny and sadly true - Superman tends to rely on his brawn and needs to work his brain more. He's supposed to be highly intelligent, after all, but it rarely shows.

ariellem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 04:31 PM   #48
The Nose Goblin
Side-Kick

Meh, I'm not sure about this Brainiac fella.

The few comics I've read with him in it (granted we are talking circa 92-96), I've been bored to tears by the character.

I have no interest in seeing some green skinned nobody on a movie screen.

However, I must say I did kinda dig the design and the character portrayed on the Superman animated series.

Regardless, I've always found the name 'Brainiac' to be...well....stupid.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:25 PM   #49
ariellem
ThorII & Doctor Who!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose Goblin View Post
...I have no interest in seeing some green skinned nobody on a movie screen.

However, I must say I did kinda dig the design and the character portrayed on the Superman animated series.

Regardless, I've always found the name 'Brainiac' to be...well....stupid.
Don't remember TAS - saw Superfriends as a kid, but don't remember if Brainiac was in that. "Some green skinned nobody" sounds pretty silly to me too, though that's what Martian Manhunter is supposed to look like...

When I read the end of your post, the song "Maniac" from "Flashdance" came to mind... here's the vid (not for kiddies - PG-13 or so).

"He's Brainiac, Brainiac, oh, no..."

ariellem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #50
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: Why do people like Brainiac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislennon2005 View Post
True, But you forgot a few things. He is from Krypton, he was the computer for Krypton. It would be a good idea to have him in the next one and come after those crystals that Superman has since it has more of the knowledge that he might not have of Krypton. I could see him come to earth and try to get those crystals.
There is also another reason but I won't say. All I will say is watch the beginning of Superman Returns and see if you see it. I don't know if it was place their by mistake or Brian Singer didn't realize what he did.
Brainiac is not from Krypton. He's from the planet Colu. Personally, I'd go with the pre-crisis version of him: He's an artificial being from the planet Colu who serves as the arm of the "Computer Tyrants," a hive mind of artifical intelgience that run Colu. Brainiac's charged with the task of making the rest of the universe like Colu, all clockwork and orderly and computerized. He's also designed to blend in with and mimick humanity as to take over from the inside out. So, I'd have post-crisis Brainiac's personality (manipulative, ruthless, almost flamboiantly over dramatic in the vein of a classical actor who's life revolves around the arts, and possessing an almost soul consuminmg lust for knowledge) and I'd add the Milton Fine bit. He'd take Fine's place for the sake of stealth and assimilating into our society as to better take over.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by The Question; 02-09-2007 at 11:23 PM.
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote