The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 08-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #76
Dark Knight
Banned User

Default Re: Why do people like Brainiac?

Because he is Braniac and I believe his intelligence is ranked at the top or near the top of all DC universe characters and that means he can pretty much do whatever the heck he wants to Superman or anyone else in the DCU. He can mess with him in a number of different ways and he is certainly NOT a one dimensional character.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #77
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Brainiac could actually say something besides:"Rharrr!"

LMAO....can you say that again but with more authority.....Rhaaaaaaaarrrr!

Old 08-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #78
CLARKY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorstone View Post
I can see why someone would want Doomsday in the next film, though he is kind of flatly drawn as a monster, but Brainiac? He is leading the poll on the front page last I checked.
Why do people like this character? I just see another bald guy.
I'm curious, I want to know why people like this character. I find nothing interesting about any interpretation I have seen.
Well, if I may express my humble opinion ( ) , I want to see Brainiac because he is an intelligent foe for Superman, he is strong, has power, and good ressources (machine control, duplicating himself), and above all because he has good knowledge of the krytponian culture (I'm talking about the kryptonian Brainiac only) and that make him a great challenge for Superman. He knows how to hurt, using Superman's culture, family, heritage, homeworld. That is interesting, IMO.
But I like the Eradicator fior the same reasons. I often vote Brainiac or the Eradicator. On the contrary, I don't want to see stupid monster like Doomsday, in a movie.
If they go the kryptonian Brainiac, like they did in the cartoon, or more recently in Smallville, I'm all for it! But if they go the Vril Dox, green alien (well, he's cool too!) , I'd rather like to see the eradicator.

CLARKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #79
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARKY View Post
Well, if I may express my humble opinion ( ) , I want to see Brainiac because he is an intelligent foe for Superman, he is strong, has power, and good ressources (machine control, duplicating himself), and above all because he has good knowledge of the krytponian culture (I'm talking about the kryptonian Brainiac only) and that make him a great challenge for Superman. He knows how to hurt, using Superman's culture, family, heritage, homeworld. That is interesting, IMO.
But I like the Eradicator fior the same reasons. I often vote Brainiac or the Eradicator. On the contrary, I don't want to see stupid monster like Doomsday, in a movie.
If they go the kryptonian Brainiac, like they did in the cartoon, or more recently in Smallville, I'm all for it! But if they go the Vril Dox, green alien (well, he's cool too!) , I'd rather like to see the eradicator.

I want to see the Kryptonian Braniac as well.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #80
Jazner
Side-Kick

While I'd personally like to see something completely new in the way of a villain, I'll go with Brainiac for the purpose of this discussion (as long as he's a human-looking villain. Please, no CGI here.). My question is, who would play him?

The guy I think would make a freakishly good Brainiac, and I've seen this name mentioned before, would be Jason Isaacs (The Patriot/Harry Potter). From a psychological point of view, that guy can play a SERIOUSLY intimidating villain which would make him a home run as Brainiac.

For a second choice, I really liked James Marsters' portrayal in Smallville, although I thought he was seriously underused.

Thoughts?

Jazner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:06 PM   #81
matthooper
Side-Kick

I think most die hard fans and casual fans like him simply because he's NOT Luthor. I think it's pretty safe to say everyone is sick of Luthor. Braniac is arguably the second biggest villian in the Superman universe. I think it's natural that people want to see him next.

matthooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #82
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthooper View Post
I think most die hard fans and casual fans like him simply because he's NOT Luthor. I think it's pretty safe to say everyone is sick of Luthor. Braniac is arguably the second biggest villian in the Superman universe. I think it's natural that people want to see him next.
I agree

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #83
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

As I said way back when... No TAS= MUCH smaller Brainiac fan base.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:40 AM   #84
CrazyDavey
Side-Kick

Quote:
I can see why someone would want Doomsday in the next film, though he is kind of flatly drawn as a monster, but Brainiac? He is leading the poll on the front page last I checked.

Why do people like this character? I just see another bald guy.

I'm curious, I want to know why people like this character. I find nothing interesting about any interpretation I have seen.
Well, I don't know much about the comics, but I have grown watching Superman from the animated series and Smallville, and from that Brainiac has always been an interesting villain to me... The villain who was a super computer from Krypton. Trying to find all the knowledge in the universe he could find. He would make a perfect villain in the Superman movies. The only thing is, will Singer go with this version of Brainiac, or go with what the comics have done.

CrazyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #85
barnface
Side-Kick

Allllright, after looking ALOT, where is brainiac supposed to be in the opening credits? Let the people who can't find him know please

barnface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #86
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnface View Post
Allllright, after looking ALOT, where is brainiac supposed to be in the opening credits? Let the people who can't find him know please
All I can think of is the object that leaves Krypton just before it explodes, but I always assumed that it was Kal-El's ship.

Kal-El Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:30 AM   #87
That'ssuper!
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
As I said way back when... No TAS= MUCH smaller Brainiac fan base.
No TAS would have meant, Brainiac would suck!

That'ssuper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:46 PM   #88
protocida
Side-Kick

On the actual movie credits, all i can think off is Rocket that appears to be Kal-El's.

On the original version, during his exploration on Krypton dead surface, a cristal flies trought Superman's Ship and he adds him to all the others. It's a GREEN crystal.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #89
Clark Kent
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDavey View Post
will Singer go with this version of Brainiac, or go with what the comics have done.
Singer go with what the comics have done?!

, thanks, I needed that, .

Old 07-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #90
aia
Side-Kick

He shrinks citys! And shrunk krytons main city too! No if that doesn't get the man of steel upset! Then trys to blow up the son!When he loses He sets a rocket to destroy the kent farm causing his dad to have a heart attack!
Thats one bad superman foe! Bring it on i say! Forget zod. Brainic hits supes where it hurts!

aia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #91
Fresh Prince
Banned User

He a great super villian who can chaenege Superman.

Fresh Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #92
Fresh Prince
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aia View Post
He shrinks citys! And shrunk krytons main city too! No if that doesn't get the man of steel upset! Then trys to blow up the son!When he loses He sets a rocket to destroy the kent farm causing his dad to have a heart attack!
Thats one bad superman foe! Bring it on i say! Forget zod. Brainic hits supes where it hurts!
Is that the comic book version?

Old 07-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #93
aia
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarcrow View Post
Is that the comic book version?
Yes it was-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainiac_(comics)
he looks good.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #94
Fresh Prince
Banned User

Alright use the comic book version in the movie.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:29 AM   #95
aia
Side-Kick

I want to see Brainiac. I don't want to see Zod or Luther or Metallo in the next one. I don't mind Luther but he can take a back sit for me.
I was reading some old superman comics and like Mongul, Parasite, Darkseid.
I'd like to see Doomsday but i'd like that to be in the last film.
I like the idea of Brainiac because he can steal cities.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #96
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
I believe if Singer uses the asteroid, cyrstals, and Superman's spilled blood to create a villain it will be Doomsday. Brainiac is cybernetic.

I think the greatest villain in Superman comics is Darkseid. I think Luthor and Brainiac are boring, the brainy gimmick is tired. You could go back to the old comics and find the original Luthor was very much like Brainiac before when he was a mad "scientist." The characters are so much alike that Luthor makes Brainiac pointless in my eyes.

I want a really badass villain like Darkseid to bring Doomsday to Earth resulting in Superman's death in the end of the film and prompting a third film where he is resurrected (no blue lightning or black latex suits) and fights Darkseid. Truthfully, I would do a whole trilogy with Darkseid as the macro villain.
truely, you don't know your Brainiac: this post makes no sense if you did.

1)I like looking at Brainiac as the 'Skynet' of Krypton (as in TAS).

2)Brainiac is cybernetic... but in the context of all kryptonian technology being based on crystals, he would likely follow said visualization

3)Brainiac is not a cerebral villain like Luthor. Brainiac is smart, but he is also powerful. Luthor is just smart.

4)Doomsday is a weapon... created on the remains of krypton, and left in a box underground on earth... not a creation of Darksied... DS couldn't control or stop Doomsday when he arrive on Apokolipse, how would he control or create him

5)Darksied is not only a superman villain. Darksied is the kind of villain that you introduce in a self contained New Gods film... with a sequel that would bring him to Earth against ALL the existing DC Movie franchise heroes. (that is, you can't bring DS in before one has developed a number of the JLA franchises into an integrated universe, so that they can all cross over against a apokoliptic invasion). Simply Put: Darksied invading earth, is contingent on the development and maturation of a core of DCU front line hero franchises (Supes, Bats, WW and atleast one other). An apokoliptic invasion is a global event, involving all the heroes.