The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series?
Mobile Suit Gundam [Gundam 0079] 1979 12 22.64%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 1985 3 5.66%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 1986 0 0%
Mobile Suit Gundam:Char`s Counterattack [movie 1988] 3 5.66%
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080:War In The Pocket 1989 4 7.55%
Mobile Suit Gundam F91 [movie 1991] 2 3.77%
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083:Stardust Memory 1991-92 7 13.21%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam [V Gundam] 1993 0 0%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 1994 9 16.98%
New Mobile Report Gumdam Wing 1995-96 26 49.06%
Mobile Suit Gundam:The 08th MS Team 1996 10 18.87%
After War Gundam X 1996 3 5.66%
New Mobile Report Gundam Wing:Endless Waltz 1997-98 14 26.42%
Turn A Gundam 1999-2002 2 3.77%
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed/Destiny/Stargazer 2004,2006-07 6 11.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2007, 03:39 PM   #51
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Default Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Mega Thread

Logic?

Oh, dear friend, do not ask this of me. I go overboard.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #52
Diamanthus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmansince1939 View Post
wait speed I hope you guys are not serrios b/c on the offical web site it says that both of their greatest attibrutes are speed, and yes i can see that both of their speeds are on two different measuring systems but it looks as to me that they would be considered equal...as well you might need to consider the whole Zero System in effect as well seeing with it Herro would do anything even at his own life to win

WIng Zero
http://www.gundamofficial.com/www_ac...dam_wing0.html

Burning Godam
http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds...f_burning.html
Even if their speed is equal, it still doesn't change the fact that God Gundam can dodge Wing Zero twin buster rifle. Wing Zero has to stay still to fire a straight shot or split the two and rotate. Straight shot God Gundam can dodge left or right. When it does a spin-around shot, God Gundam can down up or down and come from above or beneath Wing Zero.

Sure, the Zero System allows the mind of the pilot to interface with the Gundam Combat system, but nothing beats been actually linked to the gundam itself.

o.O And yeah >.> don't get MG going into Logic o.o that how flame wars are started

Diamanthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #53
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Especially if you don't want to listen to logic.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #54
Batmansince1939
I'm the Goddamn Batman!

well I am pretty sure I have already asked, and I hope your in the mood for a debate b/c WIng Zero/Heero are in my top ten favrites....so you better believe my knowledge upon them are great

Bruce as BATMAN!!!!!!!!!
Batmansince1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #55
Diamanthus

o.O If they are at your top ten favorites, then I hate to say it but that is been rather bias. I mean, I hold Wing Zero at the top of my gundam list but even so, God Gundam takes this.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #56
Batmansince1939
I'm the Goddamn Batman!

okay this is true, but when has Heero ever shot it in close distance for a one on one?
SO i am pretty sure after the shot has been fired and if it was dodged that would give Heero plenty of time to pull out the old saber for some close up combat

Bruce as BATMAN!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #57
Diamanthus

So, because they move into close-combat Wing Zero wins? When God Gundam is acually more equipped for close combat rather than mid or long range combat and has a pilot who is a martial arist.

Its been awhile since I seen the series, but I do remember that close-combat was something that Domon did and did well.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #58
Batmansince1939
I'm the Goddamn Batman!

this is true, but i think i should get something off the official website to just prove my point even more that Domon even tho is a martial artist is still none the less better close up fighter then Heero

Heero has been trained since *CHILDHOOD* for his role as pilot of the Wing Gundam, an upbringing that has made him cold and ruthless. But thanks to his years of training, Heero has become a perfect soldier equally skilled in *PERSONAL COMBAT*, explosives, and computer hacking.

all traits that i think better him then Domon, as well if you don't remember Epyon v.s Zero fights they were very intense and fast paced way more then any fight I ever saw with Domon

with two shoulder chainguns and longer close up range with his sword and the ability to block with his shield(something that Domon does not have if I do remember correctly) makes him a far more better soldier even close up then Domon

all Domon is going to be able to do is try to keep dodgeing Zeros saber slashes but you can't dodge forrever, and then if he trys to burning finger Zero can either dodge or block with his shield allowing him to counter with a easy slash down the middle

Bruce as BATMAN!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #59
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Never been a big fan of G Gundam, so I'd want to say Wing Zero. But if it was close range (and God Gundam would get as close as possible to make the beam cannon usless on the Zero) than I'd give it to the "Burning" Gundam.

BTW I watched last week, what I consider one of the best animes of all time that gets completley overlooked (IMO) because of its brevity and tone.

This was the Gundam's universe attempt at doing a realistic Gundam War show besides War at the Pocket. Almost no Newtype/"Ace" pilots like in the main continuity of 0079, nor the super Gundams of Wing or Seed.

Just a "soldier in Napoleon's army point of view." The 08th MS Team is anti-war like all Gundam, but really puts the plight of it in a much more personal way than the others. Each and every death you feel and taking down a mobile suit is a big deal. Gundams vs. Zakus in jungles, urban warfare and deserts. Even like modern warfare machines break down due to sand in gears, etc.

A very good OVA, that is possibly my favorite Gundam outside of Wing:

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzWIfm2nICY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oajULdUMGvQ

Plus it's in my favorite time period, UC during the One Year War. I may prefer Wing but the One Year War was a far richer backdrop that left room for more side stories and a deeper history.

DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #60
Diamanthus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmansince1939 View Post
this is true, but i think i should get something off the official website to just prove my point even more that Domon even tho is a martial artist is still none the less better close up fighter then Heero

Heero has been trained since *CHILDHOOD* for his role as pilot of the Wing Gundam, an upbringing that has made him cold and ruthless. But thanks to his years of training, Heero has become a perfect soldier equally skilled in *PERSONAL COMBAT*, explosives, and computer hacking.

all traits that i think better him then Domon
So, because Heero was trained since childhood he is a better hand-to-hand fighter than Domon? Who was trained by Master Asia? And was give the title King of Hearts? You make it sound as if Domon didn't start his training till he started piloting a gundam. And how does computer hacking and explosive help out Heero at been a better close up fighter than Domon?

Quote:
as well if you don't remember Epyon v.s Zero fights they were very intense and fast paced way more then any fight I ever saw with Domon
Nope, been awhile since I seen Gundam Wing, but even so that was in outer space, majority of the fights in G Gundam were on earth. MG will probably help me on this, but in space it relatively easier to move at higher speeds while in Earth it isn't because of gravity.

Quote:
with two shoulder chainguns and longer close up range with his sword and the ability to block with his shield(something that Domon does not have if I do remember correctly) makes him a far more better soldier even close up then Domon
So, since he doesn't have a shield Heero is a better close up fighter than Domon? Even though God Gundam does have 4 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted on head; 2 x machine cannon, fire-linked, mounted on torso; 2 x beam sword, stored on hips, hand-carried in use; 2 x god slasher mounted on forearms.

Quote:
all Domon is going to be able to do is try to keep dodgeing Zeros saber slashes but you can't dodge forrever, and then if he trys to burning finger Zero can either dodge or block with his shield allowing him to counter with a easy slash down the middle
He doesn't have to just dodge, they have a beam saber clash. Vulcan gun can be s hot as well as machine cannons. Your giving little credit to God Gundam, I say you do it because Wing Zero is in your top ten favorites.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #61
DACrowe
Side-Kick

BTW a new interesting Gundam game is coming to Wii (hopefully in the US, but right now it is just scheduled for Japan).

Gundam 0079: Frontline.

It reminds me of the only good Gundam game I remember, Rise from the Ashes on Dreamcast. Like it you pilot a Gundam from inside the cockpit in personal gurella warfare. But unlike what made RFTA so awesome, where yo ucommanded you're own MS Team in Aulstrailia and led strategies. This looks like you are playing through the major events from the original show, O8th MS Team and 0080: War in the Pocket. That's okay they're all awesome shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLAPP4DkG_Q

DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #62
Diamanthus

o.O IMO, the best gundam game is Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna for one reason and that is Gundam P.O.D (panoramic optical display)

Quote:
These pods seem like they'd do a great job of simulating that. They have headphones with mic for voice chat as well as you play on teams and the pods are networked not only at the local arcade but across the net to other arcades.

Outside the pods their is a battle status display so people outside can see how the battle is going. Apparently the game is designed so it's important to co-operate with your teammates in order to do well.

They've even got acess from your cell phone to hook up with your teammates and see how they're doing.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #63
Batmansince1939
I'm the Goddamn Batman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamanthus View Post
So, because Heero was trained since childhood he is a better hand-to-hand fighter than Domon? Who was trained by Master Asia? And was give the title King of Hearts? You make it sound as if Domon didn't start his training till he started piloting a gundam. And how does computer hacking and explosive help out Heero at been a better close up fighter than Domon?

Nope, been awhile since I seen Gundam Wing, but even so that was in outer space, majority of the fights in G Gundam were on earth. MG will probably help me on this, but in space it relatively easier to move at higher speeds while in Earth it isn't because of gravity.

So, since he doesn't have a shield Heero is a better close up fighter than Domon? Even though God Gundam does have 4 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted on head; 2 x machine cannon, fire-linked, mounted on torso; 2 x beam sword, stored on hips, hand-carried in use; 2 x god slasher mounted on forearms.

He doesn't have to just dodge, they have a beam saber clash. Vulcan gun can be s hot as well as machine cannons. Your giving little credit to God Gundam, I say you do it because Wing Zero is in your top ten favorites.
Okay I will admit i put some broad subjects on the line when i posted last, but Heero has taken on entire military bases before without the use of his gundam just with hand to hand

but now that I am thinking about we are getting off the subject with who is the better rl fighter, this is a debate about Gundams, and seeing that Heero ever since a kid was learning how to piliot his gundam I think that would help him him in a fight against Burning Gundam

as well Epyon adn Zero did fight on Earth once even tho the piliots were switched i still thinks it proves the speed that the gundam could go by even on Earth...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=shBRWtfRYB4

as well for if Burning Godam did decide to go into a sword battle with Zero I think any gundam fan can agree that Zero would win

Bruce as BATMAN!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:29 PM   #64
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Domon's Gundam literally translates his fighting action by action. And since (similar to Zero) it operates by thought, you're looking at a massive advantage for Domon, as if he shakes the cockpit enough, he might prevent Heero from running at full capacity, where Domon's movements themself runs the Gundam.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #65
Batmansince1939
I'm the Goddamn Batman!

if you did not read the last post Heero ever since he was a kid has been training to use mobile suits I am pretty sure that pilioting Zero is like himself fighting in real life

Bruce as BATMAN!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #66
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

I wouldn't say that. It all comes down to the manipulation of controls, and response time of the machine.

While pretty fast, it doesn't emulate real life movement.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #67
Batmansince1939
I'm the Goddamn Batman!

yea and I am pretty sure a human's gravity is somehwat different from a gundams gravity, and pretty sure that Domon can't just be backfliping while in a GUndam(I could be wrong about that so please prove me wrong if you can), and with that i am sure that the manipulation of controls would become even with the manipulation gravity

Bruce as BATMAN!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #68
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

In space, Gravity lessens, so chances are, Domon's held down by the electromagnetic forces that basically are in constant use inside the Gundam itself to keep him from normally just running all over the place inside of it.

As for backflips, he never actually acts them out. He just mentally instigates the propulsion system on the Gundam. And that's if he does backflips, he probably wouldn't, or wouldn't need to.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:55 PM   #69
Yūgi's BM
Side-Kick

For God's sake people, G Gundam and Wing are from two different universes, YOU CANNOT COMPARE THE TWO! They work on totally differant sciences.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #70
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

They can be compared.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #71
Batmansince1939
I'm the Goddamn Batman!

as of gravity i am pretty sure this video will act as of prove towards Zero speed even with gravity..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=shBRWtfRYB4

and for the whole backflip i don't think your getting my point, I am saying that he can't do some stuff that he would do fighting as a person then as a gundam b/c of gravity, and joints and things of that sort
which would even the playing field with your whole arguement about....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Gluon View Post
I wouldn't say that. It all comes down to the manipulation of controls, and response time of the machine.

While pretty fast, it doesn't emulate real life movement.

Bruce as BATMAN!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #72
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

In all truth, Heero's at the disadvantage in lighter gravity or near zero gravity conditions.

I'll try to elaborate on Domon's Gundam a little better, as I was trying to explain it, and apparently fell short. Domon's Gundam is literally a person standing inside of it, and operating it as such, which would mean the safety precautions for the pilot are staggeringly different and creative in comparison.

Heero's cockpit is designed in the seated and strapped position, so nothing past that is really considered, meaning he'd actually HAVE to move slower in space, but we'll say he doesn't. He moves normal speed.

For Domon to even operate in his Gundam on Earth, he'd have to be tethered relative to his environment which would be pushed through presets probably attuned to Domon's brain. The tether most likely occurs either in the pads or in the suit itself through a most likely electromagnetic reaction of sorts. Meaning that if the Gundam jumps or lands, he's not tossed around his cockpit like crazy. The floor is actually probably frictionless, so when he runs, he doesn't just hit a wall inside the Gundam. This puts him at a good advantage in space, because the system would recalibrate to imitate gravity then, so that he could move normally, in conjunction with his mind running some of the smaller systems such as propulsion.

Otherwise, the alternate reason for Domon's ability to pilot the Gundam at all is that he controls it all by mind, which means, no matter what condition he's in, the Gundam will function normally, and beyond human standards.

If anybody is then hindered by gravity alone, it'd be Heero who lacks a system like Domons.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #73
Batmansince1939
I'm the Goddamn Batman!

Then you must not understand what I am saying so please tell me if this makes sense...

The Joints of a human are different from that of a gundams no?
for example I don't know if you have a gundam action figure sitting around the house somewhere but you will notice that he can't be put in every position that a human could be in...

A Gundam and a Human have different gravity levels b/c of wieght no?
for examble if a human were to kick or punch it would be faster then if a Gundam were to kikc or punch b/c of gravity and wind resistence and things of that sort

these are all coming down to the point that a gundam and a human are two different things, you can't just get into a Gundam and start doing what you would do walking as a human in which Domon must learn and i am pretty sure that with this fact at hand both control method are equal, and if not Heero's would be better

Bruce as BATMAN!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #74
Diamanthus

I told you, don't get her started with logic.

But, if we use your logic I take you can't say no to Kira in the Freedom to be able to defeat Wing Zero with Heero as the pilot.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #75
LouFerignoDemon
CLEAN YOUR SHEETS!!!

Actually, the Gundam translates Domon's normal movement, and assimilates it to it's form. So it's not Domon moving at the Gundam's size, it's the Gundam mimicking Domon at the Gundam's size.

The Burning Gundam was built to mimick every little thing Domon could do, down to shadow puppetry and arm locks. And the movement system for the Gundam is better than any other movement system in the world, with the Gundams literally moving at seemingly "human" speeds relative to one another, rather than the long arc speeds real machines that size would move at. In fact, it's not even unfeasable. Anything can pretty much move at that speed.

But if Domon were to punch at 50 mph and the Gundam would too, it would show the Gundam moving much slower. Rather than that, the Gundam moves in speeds relative to Domon himself. So if the Gundam is twenty times Domon's size, it's punch would then be twenty times faster to accomadate.

Otherwise, Domon would probably crash the computer with all the backlogged commands that aren't doing him any good since the reaction would thus suck.

If that were the case, they'd switch to cockpit format.

It's been shown several times Domon just fights inside the Gundam how Domon normally fights outside the Gundam.