The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: Should Robin be in any new Batman films?
Of course! Just give him some pants... 17 28.81%
No. Just no 34 57.63%
Maybe, just dont make him a 27 year old bum that gets ADOPTED BY BATMAN 8 13.56%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2006, 12:50 PM   #26
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Default Re: Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonking
well, I think he must appear in the third movie and when he does he should die in horrible way
No offense, but that would be awful. If they are going to go the route of Death In The Family, then don't introduce and kill him in teh same movie. Have him developed over a couple of films so the audience actually has time to connect with him so his death actually resonates.

Oh yeah, and wrong forum...

kytrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #27
Gonking
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytrigger
No offense, but that would be awful. If they are going to go the route of Death In The Family, then don't introduce and kill him in teh same movie. Have him developed over a couple of films so the audience actually has time to connect with him so his death actually resonates.
yes, you are right, I was just joking, but whenever it is, he must die.

Gonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #28
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonking
yes, you are right, I was just joking, but whenever it is, he must die.
yeah, i wouldn't mind in the future of having the Death In The Family storyline, but no Robin for now, and have him in a coupl eof movies first.

kytrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:19 PM   #29
griffolyon12
Side-Kick

I think Robin if handled right could be done well.Like he said make him a 14-16 year old teenager where it is believable that he could still be adopted by Bruce,but it's also believable that a 16 year old acrobat could in reality beat up thugs.I think it is highly possible for Robin to be pulled off in Nolan's world and the only reason people oppose the character is because the only time he was done they did him bad.I really believe if they took the time to develop the character like they did with Batman you could end up reviving the character and pulling him off in the coolest way ever.

griffolyon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #30
Cinemaman
Side-Kick

So you thank that such a hero like Robin can be introduced in such vision like Nolan's?

I will remind you that Nolan made BB to look very realistic and I doubt he has any interest to Robin.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #31
Gotendbz-2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffolyon12
I think Robin if handled right could be done well.Like he said make him a 14-16 year old teenager where it is believable that he could still be adopted by Bruce,but it's also believable that a 16 year old acrobat could in reality beat up thugs.I think it is highly possible for Robin to be pulled off in Nolan's world and the only reason people oppose the character is because the only time he was done they did him bad.I really believe if they took the time to develop the character like they did with Batman you could end up reviving the character and pulling him off in the coolest way ever.
Thank you for actually posting what you think instead of "This is the wrong forum... n00b"! And I'm glad you agree with me. And Robin should have a mask like head-band.

Last edited by Gotendbz-2; 08-05-2006 at 01:39 PM.
Gotendbz-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:39 PM   #32
batmaluco
Run, Batman! Run!

No.
And yes, wrong forum, Robin has nothing to do with The Dark Knight (Spoilers) forum.

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

"Everything is exactly the same, except for the fact that it's all totally different." Alan Moore
batmaluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #33
BatScot
Mon the Hoops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotendbz-2
Thank you for actually posting what you think instead of "This is the wrong forum...
Well this is the wrong forum… and everybody has already posted what they think elsewhere, not only in all the other Robin threads that have been inappropriately placed in the Spoilers forum, but in ALL the other forums where the notion of 'Robin' in more appropriate.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #34
BatScot
Mon the Hoops!

Crap... there I go taking things too seriously again. Ok, I'll play along: No, Just no

Old 08-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #35
XCharlieX
Awaiting Email Confirmation

No. Just... no.

Im not afraid of batmans little sidekick named robin. It sounds like a bird that sings on a tree lol.

"There is only batman" is my slogan to similar types of questions.

XCharlieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #36
StorminNorman
Banned User

This question should be in another forum.

Should Robin be in TDK? No. Hell no actually.

Should Robin be in any future Bat films? Yes.

StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #37
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemaman
So you thank that such a hero like Robin can be introduced in such vision like Nolan's?

I will remind you that Nolan made BB to look very realistic and I doubt he has any interest to Robin.
Yes. Easily. This is where Bruce's experience at the opera can come in handy. This time while watching the show (circus) it is the act itself that goes wrong and he is taken right back to that moment. He adopts the kid himself since he has nowhere to go. He doesn't have to train him to be Robin. Hell, he shouldn't even want him to be Robin. The only thing that should convince him is when Robin himself becomes a hero and proves he can handle himself even without Batman.

...And make him about 14, just entering High School...and keep Shia Lebouf the hell away from the script!

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:01 PM   #38
Cinemaman
Side-Kick

^^^

Old 08-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #39
StorminNorman
Banned User

Robin could exist fairly easily in Nolan's world. Hell, Nolan even said that Dick Grayson does exist in his universe.

Old 08-05-2006, 04:06 PM   #40
Cinemaman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman
Robin could exist fairly easily in Nolan's world. Hell, Nolan even said that Dick Grayson does exist in his universe.
When did he say this?

Old 08-05-2006, 04:06 PM   #41
StorminNorman
Banned User

Quote:
When did he say this?
He talked about how Dick Grayson is still in a crib somewhere

Old 08-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #42
AnimeJune
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Yes. Easily. This is where Bruce's experience at the opera can come in handy. This time while watching the show (circus) it is the act itself that goes wrong and he is taken right back to that moment. He adopts the kid himself since he has nowhere to go. He doesn't have to train him to be Robin. Hell, he shouldn't even want him to be Robin. The only thing that should convince him is when Robin himself becomes a hero and proves he can handle himself even without Batman.

...And make him about 14, just entering High School...and keep Shia Lebouf the hell away from the script!
I happen to LIKE Shia Lebouf, but if there absolutely HAD to be a Robin (ie: a delusional fanboy held a gun to Nolan's head), I would go with Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

AnimeJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #43
XCharlieX
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman
He talked about how Dick Grayson is still in a crib somewhere
If he screws up the fans will turn on him lol Id avoid the issue altogether personally.

XCharlieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #44
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
^^^

You're just mad because you actually got a response.

Edit: Wait, did you mean the post above the one above mine?

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow

Last edited by Savage; 08-05-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #45
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeJune
I happen to LIKE Shia Lebouf, but if there absolutely HAD to be a Robin (ie: a delusional fanboy held a gun to Nolan's head), I would go with Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
Veeerry good choice.

Lebouf always irritated me for some reason. I thought he was fine on Even Steven but then he kept playing. The Same. Character. In every role he got.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #46
AnimeJune
Side-Kick

Quote:
Veeerry good choice.

Lebouf always irritated me for some reason. I thought he was fine on Even Steven but then he kept playing. The Same. Character. In every role he got.
Actually, I liked him in pretty much everything EXCEPT the awful Even Stevens. And Tru Confessions.

Holes? Good. I, Robot? Good. Greatest Game Ever Played - well, the critics didn't say it was the Worst Movie Ever Made, and that must mean something...

AnimeJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #47
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

robin would be great yadda yadda

Old 08-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #48
StorminNorman
Banned User

Quote:
Veeerry good choice.

He actually played a very different role in a Disney Channel Movie called Tru Confessions where he actually gave a very good performance.

Sadly he was playing a mentally "slow" child, so that doesn't help him as Robin at all...

Old 08-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #49
StorminNorman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeJune
Actually, I liked him in pretty much everything EXCEPT the awful Even Stevens. And Tru Confessions.

Holes? Good. I, Robot? Good. Greatest Game Ever Played - well, the critics didn't say it was the Worst Movie Ever Made, and that must mean something...
You didnt like Even Stevens?!!!

I liked him in I,Robot and Constantine too - however he really played the same exact character in both films.

As far as the Greatest Game Ever Played - that actually got fairly good reviews - a 61% on RottenTomatoes.com

If Shia was cast as Robin - I would have no complaints.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #50
Gotendbz-2
Side-Kick

Since you guys dont want this on this forum (How come you dont complain about the Harvey Dent threads? Or manip threads? Only this) I have decided to move it to the sequels forum, but I dont know how to do it because i have never moved something to another forum, I wanted to know if someone could tell me? Please dont call me a n00b, I just dont know how.

"I'm seeing someone now"

"Oh, therapy" ~ Spider-Man 2: The Sam Raimi cut
Gotendbz-2 is offline   Reply With Quote