Shut-up!

XwolverineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #27
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Offical Final Fantasy Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybia
On March 16, 2006, Final Fantasy XII became only the sixth game ever to receive a perfect 40/40 score from the prestigious Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, as well as the first Final Fantasy game and the first PlayStation 2 title to do so.

Wow! Looks like they are still on top of their game.
Great news. I wonder what the other 5 games to get the top score are.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:32 PM   #28
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Victor Lehnsherr
FF X-2 made Yuna a **** and is a ****ty sequel to X.
Yeah X-2 was a big disappointment. I never actually finished it.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #29
TrailerCues
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman/Psylocke
I never actually finished it.
Overall FFX2 sucked but that game does have one of my all time favorite Video Game Endings due to the perfect Graphics & everything plus if you liked FFX this ending perfectly concludes the Story pretty much

TrailerCues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #30
kytrigger
Side-Kick

I am a big fan of Final Fantasy, but have to admit that I am not nearly as excited for FFXII as I was for other ones. I never played XI, because I am not a fan of online mmorpg, and I don't like that they are basically just imitating the gameplay of one with FFXII. Regardless, I will at least rent it and try it out, and then eventually buy it anyway because I am just weak like that.

kytrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:01 AM   #31
블라스
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwolverineX
|

Shut-up!

블라스 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:41 AM   #32
Mr. Credible
jukebox hero

Quote:
I hope not. My favorite game storyline was FFVIII. And I really enjoyed FFIX even though I thought the climax was somewhat of a let down.

For sheer playing enjoyment, FFX was the best.

I'm playing FFVII right now and while the story is cool as hell, the gameplay and graphics are aracaic.
really? i think the only thing that doesn't hold up about final fantasy VII is the graphics (and i guess the 'word bubbles' although alot of gamecube games still use them). the gameplay is still great, in my opinion. it's still my favorite 'magic system' out of all the one's i've played.

Mr. Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:44 AM   #33
Mr. Credible
jukebox hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytrigger
I am a big fan of Final Fantasy, but have to admit that I am not nearly as excited for FFXII as I was for other ones. I never played XI, because I am not a fan of online mmorpg, and I don't like that they are basically just imitating the gameplay of one with FFXII. Regardless, I will at least rent it and try it out, and then eventually buy it anyway because I am just weak like that.
the 'gameplay' (ie: combat) is supposedly an all new thing with final fantasy XII... what are you thinking of?

Mr. Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:46 AM   #34
Hack and Slash
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman/Psylocke
Yeah X-2 was a big disappointment. I never actually finished it.
I actually did complete it and get the perfect ending

Old 08-09-2006, 04:20 AM   #35
SLVRSR4
Side-Kick

x-2 was such a tease with those dresspheres there i said it

SLVRSR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #36
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerCues
Overall FFX2 sucked but that game does have one of my all time favorite Video Game Endings due to the perfect Graphics & everything plus if you liked FFX this ending perfectly concludes the Story pretty much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack and Slash
I actually did complete it and get the perfect ending
Ok thks, I better go and dig that thing up.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:26 AM   #37
ImOverIt
Side-Kick

Hello FF fans, i have a quick question..

I have an X box 360 and have always wondered about the Final Fantasy series. The game looks awesome, and im kind of bored with other 450 games and Im ready to move on to other games. Anyway, is it possible for me to purchase this game without prior knowledge of the FF background? Is there a consistant story that i will be missing out on??

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

ImOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:37 AM   #38
XwolverineX
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOverIt
Hello FF fans, i have a quick question..

I have an X box 360 and have always wondered about the Final Fantasy series. The game looks awesome, and im kind of bored with other 450 games and Im ready to move on to other games. Anyway, is it possible for me to purchase this game without prior knowledge of the FF background? Is there a consistant story that i will be missing out on??

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

No, there is not consistent story in Final Fantasy games. Each one is self-contained. But with an Xbox 360 you're not going to get Final Fantasy. All the main additions to the series (7,8,9,10,12,13) appear on Sony consoles only. Final Fantasy 11 is one X360, but it's an MMORPG, which you pay monthly for. Nothing like the real Final Fantasy games.

XwolverineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:40 AM   #39
raybia
Signing off

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwolverineX
No, there is not consistent story in Final Fantasy games. Each one is self-contained. But with an Xbox 360 you're not going to get Final Fantasy. All the main additions to the series (7,8,9,10,12,13) appear on Sony consoles only. Final Fantasy 11 is one X360, but it's an MMORPG, which you pay monthly for. Nothing like the real Final Fantasy games.
That is the main reason why I chose not to purchase the Xbox.

Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:49 AM   #40
raybia
Signing off

Review: 'Final Fantasy VII'

Saturday, August 12, 2006

By CHRISTOPHER REITER
SPECIAL TO THE RECORD

VIDEO GAMES: FINAL FANTASY VII

Final Fantasy has become one of the greatest phenomena in RPG history, giving rise to a massive stable of seemingly never-ending role-playing tales. By coating each entry with the finest presentation, Square Enix's series has a steadfast fan base that is always asking for more.

The newest installment will appear Tuesday, when Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII makes its debut. This intriguing game will give players a chance to take hold of the mysterious protagonist Vincent in a subplot staged three years after the PlayStation original.

More action than RPG, this third-person shooter bound for PlayStation 2 will have players blasting through waves of characters calling themselves Deepground soldiers, who have emerged from Midgar's underground to disrupt its peace.

Lately, Square Enix has been working overtime to answer the prayers of its many devotees. Here's a look at what's been happening with the beloved FF franchise -- and what else is on the way.

Most Final Fantasy aficionados consider Final Fantasy VII their favorite installment in the series' lineup.

The first 3D title bearing the Final Fantasy name, No. 7 for some time has been on the lips of fans wanting and waiting for a return to Midgar.

This spring, Square Enix launched a Final Fantasy VII buffet split into three parts.

Released on April 25, the first item was Advent Children, a full-length CGI film that's a direct sequel to the original 1997 game it's based on. Here three villains rise to locate "Mother" as Midgar's people suffer under a spreading plague.

Dirge of Cerberus is the second part of this adventure trilogy and has gamers circling Tuesday on their calendars.

Finally, later this year cellphone users can get their hands on Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII, an RPG prequel to Final Fantasy VII. In the game, action-oriented missions will invoke real-time RPG battles, letting players pound hurt on rebel scum physically and magically.

Starting in November, Nintendo DS owners will have a chance to play a re-imagined 3D version of Final Fantasy III. Keeping the old-school game play much the same as it was with its character class engine, players can control everything using nothing but the touch screen.

Then on Oct. 31, Final Fantasy XII for PlayStation 2 is scheduled to come out as the first customary single-player edition in five years.

While mainly sticking to the usual conventions the series is known for, Final Fantasy XII will move away from its traditional turn-based battles by admitting players into more active real-time battles a la Final Fantasy XI, where gamers no longer have to wait for combat windows to load.

Next year and beyond, Square Enix has triplets on the way in a series of games code-named "Fabula Nova Crystallis," or "The New Tale of the Crystal." Two out of the three games in this Final Fantasy XIII combo are headed to PlayStation 3, with the third hitting cellphones.

The first -- from the creators of the Kingdom Hearts series -- is Final Fantasy Versus XIII, an action-RPG that will relate the plot of a solitary nation guarded by kings that's under invasion by militant forces trying to tear it down.

Final Fantasy XIII, the second part of the series, is another action-oriented RPG bearing a system unlike any Final Fantasy before it. Players will use split-second decisions to input their commands into menus popping up in real-time as the action and story unfold seamlessly together.

And the last offering is Final Fantasy Agito XIII. This will be a mobile game, where players will dip into a prequel of Final Fantasy XIII to proceed on missions with others also wirelessly logged on around the world.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:10 AM   #41
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Personally my favorite of the PS era Final Fantasies is FFVIII, even though most do not like it much, I just loved the story and romance of it.

My favorite FF of all time though, is still FFIV, working Cecil from a black knight to a Paladin is one of the greatest redemption stories ever.
Plus Golbez rocked as a villian.

I was really disapointed with FFX, didn't even try X-2. So because of that I'm going into XII with a little more caution than the previous ones.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #42
raybia
Signing off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac 8
Personally my favorite of the PS era Final Fantasies is FFVIII, even though most do not like it much, I just loved the story and romance of it.
I love that game. My only complaint is that I thought the climax was a little underwhelming but I really adored those characters and thought they were the most likable of the entire series.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #43
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Quote:
I love that game. My only complaint is that I thought the climax was a little underwhelming but I really adored those characters and thought they were the most likable of the entire series.

I agree, the characters were some of the best of the series.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:30 AM   #44
Hades
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I noticed something the other day...

The angle and size between the two is a little different, but...

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #45
Trigger
Loeb Killed Me Off

OMG you're Cloud! Sign my boobs!!

On a lesser note. I've been replaying X recently and I've really started to appreciate it more. I actually think this game's characters and story were some of the best Nomura's done.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:52 AM   #46
Hades
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I look like an effeminate game character...good for me..

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:03 AM   #47
Trigger
Loeb Killed Me Off

Just get a big sword. It's very manly I've heard.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:05 AM   #48
Avalanche
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac 8
VIII is my favourite, and I expect no other FF will ever be able to top it now. It was my first RPG. It got my heart.

Personally, I though X was alright. Not amazing, but I still liked it. X-2 was disappointing, but I don't really consider it a true FF. Now if only XII would hurry up.

Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:06 AM   #49
Avalanche
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades
I noticed something the other day...

The angle and size between the two is a little different, but...
You're pretty.

Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:28 AM   #50
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger
OMG you're Cloud! Sign my boobs!!

On a lesser note. I've been replaying X recently and I've really started to appreciate it more. I actually think this game's characters and story were some of the best Nomura's done.

um...achem...I'll take care of the boob signing job for you...*Cough*