The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 09-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #51
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

Default Re: Alan Wake.

Microsoft stole Alan Wake, Sony stole Heavenly Sword.

Microsoft made the much better move, but they have more experience with this kind of thing.

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #52
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

Microsoft made the much better move, but they have more experience with this kind of thing.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:13 PM   #53
THE LIZARD#1
Side-Kick

^hahahahahahah

Thats awesome, but wait I thought Heavenly Sword was always an exclusive. Dude how come Sony doesn't do the exclusive games, they are jackassess and give up some sweet games to Microsoft.

I mean Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake ect. Why won't they grow a back bone and tell them to screw off?

THE LIZARD#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #54
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

What do you mean?

Old 09-09-2006, 01:14 AM   #55
Mentok
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LIZARD#1
^hahahahahahah

I mean Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake ect. Why won't they grow a back bone and tell them to screw off?
JESUS ****ING CHRIST

Old 09-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #56
THWIP*
Banned User

Quote:
^hahahahahahah

Thats awesome, but wait I thought Heavenly Sword was always an exclusive. Dude how come Sony doesn't do the exclusive games, they are jackassess and give up some sweet games to Microsoft.

BECAUSE THE "EXCLUSIVE FAIRY" HAS IT IN FOR 'SONY'..........IT'S A PERSONAL THING BETWEEN HER, AND KRAZY KEN.

THWIP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:18 AM   #57
Zenien
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Have we seen much of this game beyond the E3 stuff from like 2 years ago? Any interviews, details on the game system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsHisFace

I just need to correct you here and say that Heavenly Sword was never planned as an Xbox 360 release, they severed ties with Microsoft prior to the project starting.

Zenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:19 AM   #58
THWIP*
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenien
Have we seen much of this game beyond the E3 stuff from like 2 years ago? Any interviews, details on the game system?

I just need to correct you here and say that Heavenly Sword was never planned as an Xbox 360 release, they severed ties with Microsoft prior to the project starting.

...AND HAVE BEEN REGRETTING IT EVER SINCE, MOST LIKELY.

THWIP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:20 AM   #59
Zenien
Awaiting Email Confirmation

They went with Sony because Sony offered them total development freedom and support, other publishers like Microsoft didn't, so I highly doubt the devs have regretted their decision to go with Sony.

Last edited by Zenien; 09-09-2006 at 01:26 AM.
Zenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:52 AM   #60
Fenrir
Devourer Of Gods

Too bad their game doesn't look half as intriguing as Alan Wake so I doubt Microsoft has lost any sleep over it.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #61
THE LIZARD#1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsHisFace
What do you mean?
What i'm trying to say is, Xbox has all of these amazing games like Halo, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Condemned, Bio Shock*Maybe* ect.

Then Sony gets games like Assassin's Creed and its cool to have an exclusive because Xbox has so many of them and thats what makes a system sell, look at the Xbox I wonder where it would be if it didn't have the amazing exclusive known to mankind as Halo.

My point being, Sony needs to fight back and secure some games, not allow them to go over to 360. I mean when we found out Assassin's Creed was going over to 360 so many people were like, hey I can just buy a 360 and not wait for that awesome game on PS3.

Sony needs to have an awesome exclusive to really bring over the fans, I can already think of one game But thats not what we are talking about.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:21 AM   #62
XwolverineX
Banned User

Yeah, Lizard, you have to buy a 360. Are you honestly going to miss out on: Halo 3, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Bioshock and Fable 2?

XwolverineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:24 AM   #63
THE LIZARD#1
Side-Kick

^I really don't like you Way to kick me in the nuts when i'm already down.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #64
Horrorfan
Banned User

Lizard, just buy a 360. It has the best exclusives, is cheaper and wont make you buy a blu ray player you don't need. not to mention games will be cheaper. so assasins creed on 360 will be $60 (i think thats the price for games in the us right?) and for ps3, $70 plus dollars.

Just think about it logically.

Honestly, Im not saying this to spite ya dude, i like you, but Resistance won't be anything more than a generic fps that everyone will have forgotten about by the time halo 3 roles around.

then you have the unsurpassed 360 exclusives....dead rising, lost planet, alan wake, halo 3, gears of war, bioshock, crackdown, smackdown vs raw 2007.

Then you have great multiplatform games that look no different but are cheaper on 360 like alone in the dark, resident evil 5, , frontlines fuel of war, splinter cell, the darkness, interstellar marines,etc.

You really have to question your loyalty when sony's best awnser to the excellent exclusives is god of war with a chick and a sub splinter cell spy series and super generic fps.

not to mention sony dont even have timed excluisivty on assasins creed and gta4, and they will both be cheaper on 360.

Honestly? Unless you are dead set on getting any of the sony exclusives (which imo arent very good at all) then I dont see any advantage of waiting for a ps3.

Horrorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #65
Axid
Banned User

Quote:
look at the Xbox I wonder where it would be if it didn't have the amazing exclusive known to mankind as Halo.
Halo is not Xbox exclusive

Axid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:40 AM   #66
AgentDenton
Banned User

Yes it is. The series doesn't get released onto the PC for a looooooong time, I mean, Halo 3 is likely to be gearing up for a release by the time Halo 2 vista comes out, that's not multi-platform, that's releasing bargain bin PC titles when you have no use for the real version anymore. Kind of like how you can go to target and find copies of Sonic the Hedgehog or the original Resident Evil on PC.

AgentDenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:41 AM   #67
Axid
Banned User

It's still not exclusive

Old 09-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #68
Fenrir
Devourer Of Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorfan
Honestly, Im not saying this to spite ya dude, i like you, but Resistance won't be anything more than a generic fps that everyone will have forgotten about by the time halo 3 roles around.
Heh, Gears of War has already made Resistance obsolete. Halo 3 will only mutilate it's corpse.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #69
AgentDenton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axid
It's still not exclusive
Yes it is. That'd be like someone saying that Nintendo has never had an exclusive game in their entire history until the Wii, since all of their past exclusives will be on it. There's a cut off point between "port" and "cheap cash in hand me down"

Old 09-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #70
Axid
Banned User

Its still not exclusive

Old 09-09-2006, 10:55 AM   #71
AgentDenton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axid
Its still not exclusive
Yes it is. That'd be like someone saying that Nintendo has never had an exclusive game in their entire history until the Wii, since all of their past exclusives will be on it. There's a cut off point between "port" and "cheap cash in hand me down"

Old 09-09-2006, 11:11 AM   #72
Axid
Banned User

It's still not exclusive

Old 09-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #73
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

Quote:
No, after it was announced by Remedy, it disappeared because Microsoft was working on getting it, and now Microsoft has it and they're waiting to "unveil" it.

It hasn't been displayed since the Microsoft deal, and may not for a while.

Quote:
The game was on development on a PC since devkits weren't out but was expected to go to both consoles. It unquestionably would have had Sony not picked it up.

I think Sony made a mistake. They should have gotten something from a better developer.

Quote:
They went with Sony because Sony offered them total development freedom and support, other publishers like Microsoft didn't, so I highly doubt the devs have regretted their decision to go with Sony.
Maybe that's because they messed up their first Xbox game horrendously. I have read interviews from developers and they have all said Microsoft was a joy to work with, Epic, Lionhead, Bioware, tons of XBLA developers, etc.

So basically, if they're having problems with MS, it has to be because they really suck. Their last game was horrible.

Not that I care, because Heavenly Sword looks like garbage, especially compared to Too Human, but you obviously care, so you need to know.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #74
THE LIZARD#1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorfan
Lizard, just buy a 360. It has the best exclusives, is cheaper and wont make you buy a blu ray player you don't need. not to mention games will be cheaper. so assasins creed on 360 will be $60 (i think thats the price for games in the us right?) and for ps3, $70 plus dollars.

Just think about it logically.

then you have the unsurpassed 360 exclusives....dead rising, lost planet, alan wake, halo 3, gears of war, bioshock, crackdown, smackdown vs raw 2007.

Then you have great multiplatform games that look no different but are cheaper on 360 like alone in the dark, resident evil 5, , frontlines fuel of war, splinter cell, the darkness, interstellar marines,etc.

You really have to question your loyalty when sony's best awnser to the excellent exclusives is god of war with a chick and a sub splinter cell spy series and super generic fps.

not to mention sony dont even have timed excluisivty on assasins creed and gta4, and they will both be cheaper on 360.

Honestly? Unless you are dead set on getting any of the sony exclusives (which imo arent very good at all) then I dont see any advantage of waiting for a ps3.
Very good points, I don't know I might buy a 360, I think it would be cool to play against all of you guys. However I'm still leaning towards a PS3 but not by much anymore.

And Horrorfan I know you aren't bashing Resistance to hurt me like most people so thats cool

I guess only time will tell if I end up with a 360 or a PS3.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #75
XwolverineX
Banned User

Lizard, I don't know how much money you have, but buy a 360 this christmas, and a PS3 after a price drop. MGS4, DMC4 and FFXIII are the big 3 for PS3, and they all look to be releasing somewhere along the expected price drop. And 'till then, you have Mass Effect, Lost Planet and Gears of mother ****ing War. 3 omg AAA games for 360. PS3 won't have that untilll next holiday season. Not to mention Oblivion..

Last edited by XwolverineX; 09-09-2006 at 12:05 PM.
XwolverineX is offline   Reply With Quote