The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 09-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #76
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

Default Re: Alan Wake.

The PS3 won't be a good console until Ico does something.

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:20 PM   #77
AgentDenton
Banned User

Good consoles need more than a good game

AgentDenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #78
Zenien
Awaiting Email Confirmation

WHF, You've never even played ICO OR Shadow of the Colossus

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LIZARD#1
Very good points, I don't know I might buy a 360, I think it would be cool to play against all of you guys. However I'm still leaning towards a PS3 but not by much anymore.

And Horrorfan I know you aren't bashing Resistance to hurt me like most people so thats cool

I guess only time will tell if I end up with a 360 or a PS3.
Lizard: Just going to have to point out, Horrorfan said two things that were incorrect:

1. (although why in gods name this game would be worthy of mention) Smackdown Versus Raw 07 is not a 360 exclusive.

2. There's no proof that PS3 games are going to cost more then 360 games. Zip, nadda, zilch.

Zenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #79
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenien
WHF, You've never even played ICO OR Shadow of the Colossus
I'm sorry. I watched a lot of gameplay vids.

Quote:
Lizard: Just going to have to point out, Horrorfan said two things that were incorrect:

1. (although why in gods name this game would be worthy of mention) Smackdown Versus Raw 07 is not a 360 exclusive.
Isn't it a next-gen exclusive though? No PS3 version.

Quote:
2. There's no proof that PS3 games are going to cost more then 360 games. Zip, nadda, zilch.
There's no proof, just the logic, since Blu-Ray disks are more expensive than DVDs, and because Phil(e) Harrison or someone like him said something about $70 games.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #80
Horrorfan
Banned User

Actually, zenien, seems to me you were dancing around the fact that ps3 will NOT get smackdown vs raw this year, and probably no new installment till the next installment. So the ONLY place to play next gen smackdown is 360 for at least a year.

And the reason it's ''worthy of mention'' is because that it sold like hotcakes and was one of ps2's biggest selling franchises. I thought you of all people would know that.

See a lot of people think I am a sony hater....but I just hate the fact they treat the customers like idiots who buy their lies, and people like zenien, who should know better, just make excuses for them, and try to force feed people the lies.. It's like the blind leading the blind.

If PS3 honestly had more advantages over 360, I would mention them. But so far, they have much worse games (IMO anyway), its double the price, its forcing an uneeded blu ray player onto you, and when head honchos at sony say the games will cost more than $60 but slightly less than $100, well that should be proof in itself.

I am a damn proud owner of a psone, which was genius on the part of sony and is responsible for game's evolution into what it is today. I own a ps2 which I love and it had great exclusives (God of War, Ghost Hunter, all the Smackdown games, the definitive version of RE4, etc). I love my psp too.....while nintendo keeps making refined game boy advances with gimicks, sony squashed a whole ps2 onto a handheld whjich was an amazing achievement. So if PS3 was a console worth a damn, I would say so.

But the fact is, it isn't. It's just an overpriced excuse to get blu ray into peoples homes.

zenien, why dont you tell lizard about this 4d stuff krayzy ken was talking about?

Last edited by Horrorfan; 09-10-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Horrorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #81
TheCardPlayer
Side-Kick

Quote:

It is. PS3 will only get 2008.

TheCardPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #82
Zenien

The PS2 version is identical in every way except for the graphics, and it's not like the 360 version is anything but a port up, not an entirely new version or a graphical landmark.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #83
Zenien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorfan
Actually, zenien, seems to me you were dancing around the fact that ps3 will NOT get smackdown vs raw this year, and probably no new installment till the next installment. So the ONLY place to play next gen smackdown is 360 for at least a year.
A next gen exlusive of what amounts to a port of the PS2 version.

Quote:
See a lot of people think I am a sony hater....but I just hate the fact they treat the customers like idiots who buy their lies, and people like zenien, who should know better, just make excuses for them, and try to force feed people the lies.. It's like the blind leading the blind.
I agreeds with a lot of what you said abotu the PS3 situation and Sony treating the customers badly relative to Nintendo and Microsoft (but we're just cattle to Microsoft as well, and Nintendo to a degree), but when it comes to this whole attacking me part, you're way off.

Quote:
zenien, why dont you tell lizard about this 4d stuff krayzy ken was talking about?
Hey Horrorfan how about you grow a brain? I'm not a slave to Sony, moron.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #84
Horrorfan
Banned User

Quote:
The PS2 version is identical in every way except for the graphics, and it's not like the 360 version is anything but a port up, not an entirely new version or a graphical landmark.
It would be like choosing to play the original pong over rockstar's table tennis in terms of graphics though.

And as far as I know , the new fighting mechanics are only on 360 too (using anologue for grappels and whatnot).

Why do you always defend sony like a mindless zombie?

The FACT is, OF all the next gen consoles, the only one getting a next gen smackdown. The others are all marked downs.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #85
Fenrir
Devourer Of Gods

Quote:
*looks at Zenien's custom title*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 09-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #86
Zenien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorfan
It would be like choosing to play the original pong over rockstar's table tennis in terms of graphics though.
Hyperbole much?

Quote:
And as far as I know , the new fighting mechanics are only on 360 too (using anologue for grappels and whatnot).
Quick check confirms both versions use it.

Quote:
The FACT is, OF all the next gen consoles, the only one getting a next gen smackdown. The others are all marked downs.
WHich doesn't mean much with the PS2 constantly outselling the 360 on a worldwide basis + in America (obviously) each and every month. The next gen exclusive of Smackdown is going to make no difference and it's not even worth mentioning as a 'exclusive'. It's a trash game anyway.

Last edited by Zenien; 09-10-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #87
Horrorfan
Banned User

Quote:
I agreeds with a lot of what you said abotu the PS3 situation and Sony treating the customers badly relative to Nintendo and Microsoft (but we're just cattle to Microsoft as well, and Nintendo to a degree), but when it comes to this whole attacking me part, you're way off.

If anything,, the ps2 version is a marked down port of the 360 version..

You ARE a slave to sony. In fact, part of me wonders if sony hasn't ****ed up deliberatly partially to see if you will still stay loyal to them (and you did). You defend EVERY SINGLE BAD DECISION sony makes. You defend every **** up, every incident of treating its customers (including you) like an idiot. If that doesnt make you sony's butt*****, what does?

What is disappointing about you is I KNOW you're not an idiot. I know your not a topdawg esque braindead moron, which makes your excusing them time after time inexcusible. Maybe you genuinely dont see how you come off as sony's butt monkey. But I like to think you're more intelligent than that.

Maybe we are cattle ot ms and mnintendo too. but at least they pretend t o care about us. at least they dont seem outright arrogant and contempuous of us. and at least they donty treat us like idiots. That, my sweet zenien, is the difference.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #88
Horrorfan
Banned User

Quote:

WHich doesn't mean much with the PS2 constantly outselling the 360 ona worldwide basis and in America each and every month. The next gen exclusive of Smackdown is going to make no difference and it's not even worth mentioning as a 'exclusive'.
You don't say einstien. But how long has ps2 been out again? it has a bigger libary and is much cheaper and has been out FAR longer. In that case, let's just say that x box 360 is outselling ps3 right now.

Old 09-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #89
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

Quote:
WHich doesn't mean much with the PS2 constantly outselling the 360 on a worldwide basis + in America (obviously) each and every month.
Which doesn't mean much with the PS2 being a third the cost and with the 360 having fewer big hits over the summer. We'll be seeing 360 sales pick up before too long.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #90
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

Hey dooshes.

http://sithgamer.wordpress.com/2008/...h-robbie-bach/

Alan Wake will be at CES.

Thank you for being a doosh.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:18 PM   #91
ProjectPat2280
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsHisFace View Post
Hey dooshes.

http://sithgamer.wordpress.com/2008/...h-robbie-bach/

Alan Wake will be at CES.

Thank you for being a doosh.

Holy *****...... i still say this game is never coming out.

Cool read tho, loved how MS views the Wii.

ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:19 PM   #92
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

"OLY BOBOOBOBOBOBOBO it iss!!!!! it even has cloud stirfe in it so PS3 fans will JERK IT BABY!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #93
ProjectPat2280

Quote:
"OLY BOBOOBOBOBOBOBO it iss!!!!! it even has cloud stirfe in it so PS3 fans will JERK IT BABY!!!

Hmm, nope, its still not gonna make it to consoles.......but i really, really, really want it to.

Did i mention that i really want this game to come out?

Old 01-25-2008, 11:24 PM   #94
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

The game is published by Microsoft themselves, which suggests that it's probably in cross-platform development right now. I'm sure it's doing just fine, in both versions.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:32 PM   #95
ProjectPat2280

Quote:
The game is published by Microsoft themselves, which suggests that it's probably in cross-platform development right now. I'm sure it's doing just fine, in both versions.

Well, im gonna go out on a limb and take your word for it....maybe.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:34 PM   #96
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

Microsoft is known for getting things done. Crimson Skies, Brute Force, Fable... all looked like vaporware at one point. Yet here they are.

B.C. was their only real **** up.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #97
GFreeman
Banned User

And Duality.

GFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:41 PM   #98
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

Duality was Phantagram. Microsoft didn't start getting in touch with Phantagram/Blueside until they wanted Kingdom Under Fire on the console...

I'm pissed about Strident, too. That looked awesome.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #99
GFreeman
Banned User

Strident and Duality, I remember those being all the rage...and then they just sorta disappeared. That, and I think Citizen Zero. Those were the games that originally got me hyped and not a single one of them showed up

GFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #100
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

Citizen Zero was just an MMORPG with a good-evil gimmick with a Mass-Effect style universe. I don't think it would have been as good as Fable or KotOR.

Strident and Duality, however, looked amazing. Strident was like a cyberpunk Ninja Gaiden with incredible lighting, and Duality was looking like Korea's attempt at an Ion-Storm type game. It was like Anachronox with real-time combat.