The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Out with the old in with the new?
We need Halle and Hugh 35 34.31%
Keep Hugh 19 18.63%
Keep Halle 11 10.78%
Drop them both Give me Gabmit 17 16.67%
Let the younger cast take over 20 19.61%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2006, 05:00 AM   #26
*xmenfan*
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do we really need Halle and Hugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix
By the time they get round to making X4 the 'younger cast' wont be so young.
lol true.

I <3 you Rangers!
*xmenfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:10 AM   #27
Nibune
Side-Kick

Unfortunately the studio itself killed their own franchise, which i think is pretty idiotic.
Without Jean and Scott you cant do sinister/apocalypse, and without those, whats the next big bad guy the x-men could really contend with seeing how sentinels are just in the danger room....

Had the studio been smart they would have gotten a script that kept Phoenix and Cyclops alive in some way. Additionally they needed to kill or really injure Storm, since she alone costs the studio alot, As for Wolverine, its a matter of options, maybe even goverment work again with Nick Furry. Had they kept Jean and Scott there roles could be more teachers and the plot would revolve around there abduction. Thus making the next film focus on the younger less expensive X-Men.
The next trilogy could also be entitled X-Factor.

But then again im not a network executive, but i do know by guessing with how FOX is that X4 is 90% not going to happen

Nibune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:24 AM   #28
ljr
Side-Kick

I don't think hugh would return,but I guess storm is kinda nessary but she should definitely not have as much screen time.PLus lets not forget rogue is a popular character and with xavier back and beast there it could work without hugh and halle.

ljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:15 AM   #29
Antrax255
The Anti-One

Hugh might return he wouldn't mine taking less screentime after basically being the star...But Halle is a diva she will always want more...

Antrax255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:32 AM   #30
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Every successful film series has something called marquee players. For Star Wars it was Mark Hamil, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fischer. For Superman it was Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder and Gene Hackman. With Spider-Man, it's Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and the actor who plays Harry Osborne.

Likewise, Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry (along with Ian McKellan) have become this franchise's marquee actors. They are absolutely essential for many reasons: Racial demographics, sales, broader audience appeal, etc. They are the faces of this franchise, whether we like the characters or not...and the moment you take them out of the picture you will see a decrease in interest from the general public--and CBM fans will not be enough to keep it buoyed at the box office on the strength of the lesser known actors and their characters.

From the studio's (and Marvel's) standpoint, it's about dollars and sense.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:44 AM   #31
Ororocity
Side-Kick

We do need them both

Ororocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #32
CapBeerCino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman
I wouldn't mind if Hugh and Halle returned as long as their roles were much smaller.Its time for others characters to get their moment to shine..

Took the words out of my mouth.

CapBeerCino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #33
Neptune
Uchiha!

Of course we need Halle and Hugh. Only Hugh has to play a smaller part but we need both of them in the movies. How could you drop them and add Gambit? If Gambit's in there Storm also has to be in and Wolverine and Gambit interacting would be too cool to miss.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #34
Avalanche
Side-Kick

Personally, I'd like to see the younger cast feature.

However, in terms of the general public then I think yes, we do need Halle and Hugh. Particularly Hugh, who is a huge draw to the general audience, but also Halle, who FOX obviously believe to be a pretty big draw given much of their advertising campaign focussed upon her.

Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #35
javon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic Force
I definitely want Famke and James back though... time to let others be the main focus.
Jean has had a big role in all 3 movies. I agree with James, but Famnke has had her time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Retroman
I wouldn't mind if Hugh and Halle returned as long as their roles were much smaller.Its time for others characters to get their moment to shine..
Halle has ALWAYS had a small role in all of the movies. Yes in X3 they gave her a voice, and what did she do with that voice with Logan? Let him walk all over her. What voice did she have with Jean? Nothing. We could have gotten more of her with Xavier dying and all. Hugh is the MAIN person who needs a smaller role, when he does his spin-off, that is the last we should see of him in a long time.

javon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #36
javon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune
Of course we need Halle and Hugh. Only Hugh has to play a smaller part but we need both of them in the movies. How could you drop them and add Gambit? If Gambit's in there Storm also has to be in and Wolverine and Gambit interacting would be too cool to miss.
If Wolverine and Gambit were in the film, I guarentee we would get less from Storm than the both of them. It would be so funny if they made the movie and Gambit and Storm wouldn't even interact with eachother Then again I would be pissed off,lol.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #37
The Batman
The Dark Knight

I dont wanna see an X-Film without Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, and Jean.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:52 PM   #38
RagingTempest
Side-Kick

I'm sorry but if they cost too much then let them go!!! I mean Hugh and Halle are great people, but come on. Just cause they are the most famous actors on the cast doesn't mean there can be no more X-men movies. X-men fans go see the movie because of the characters and story, not the actors. I mean look at how people complain about Halle being Storm and about how Wolverine gets too much screentime, but still the X-men movies were a success right? Then just give to roles to other actors, and give them a chance to bring something new to the table.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:57 PM   #39
javon
Side-Kick

Yes the movie was still a success but that doesn;t change aything.

P.S. Hey RaginTempest! Long time no see.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:02 PM   #40
RagingTempest
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon
Yes the movie was still a success but that doesn;t change aything.

P.S. Hey RaginTempest! Long time no see.
Hey javon, how you been?

Old 08-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #41
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingTempest
I'm sorry but if they cost too much then let them go!!! I mean Hugh and Halle are great people, but come on. Just cause they are the most famous actors on the cast doesn't mean there can be no more X-men movies. X-men fans go see the movie because of the characters and story, not the actors. I mean look at how people complain about Halle being Storm and about how Wolverine gets too much screentime, but still the X-men movies were a success right? Then just give to roles to other actors, and give them a chance to bring something new to the table.
You mean recasting Storm and Logan to save money? I have to say "NO" to that Raging.

These are not James Bond films.

Besides, if FOX spends $30 million between Halle and Hugh's salaries, it's not like they're not going to make it back 15x over in revenue from the box office alone. It's a worthy investment.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 08-16-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:18 PM   #42
javon
Side-Kick

Oh hey LS, long time no see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingTempest
Hey javon, how you been?
Good. And you?

Old 08-16-2006, 06:19 PM   #43
Antrax255
The Anti-One

Hugh's role could atleast be toned down...Halle as long as shes not in every frame for reasons just because...I wish they could bring Cyclops back so he can take over Wol's screentime...

Old 08-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #44
javon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrax255
Halle as long as shes not in every frame for reasons just because..
Halle needs MORE screentime.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:37 PM   #45
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Even the Storm fans and Halle fans wouldn't want her in every scene.

Show her teaching the kids, talking about her origins and how it affected her, how she came to the US to find a land of hatred and prejudice...how she chose to join Xavier's side and fight for peaceful co-existence...

Show her using her powers in creative and subtle ways - more than lightning and fog... like increasing air pressure to explode a building or decreasing it to thin the air and create a vacuum, creating a micro-monsoon to water her plants...

And that's about it!

We don't NEED Wolverine in a future X-movie if we are getting him in a spin-off, but we do need a strong male character - Gambit or Bishop perhaps. Also, we must see Beast again, after he was done so perfectly in X3 (though I'd rather he joined the school as science teacher).

Old 08-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #46
LoGaN's RuNNer
Mutant

Keep them both, tone their roles down a bit. I don't think I would see it if Wolverine was cut out, even if he had too much screen time in the previous movies. Storm I wouldn't care so much about though. But if you cut them both like with Nightcrawler it would feel akward, to me at least. Even if you saw Hugh in a few opening shots then returning for the end battle I'd be happy, as long as the character wasn't completely cut.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:38 PM   #47
Hulkster
Allah hu Akbar

We don't need Halle and Hugh, give them a small cameo in X4 if it ever happens.

Sign the Petition for Cyclops
Hulkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:13 PM   #48
Antrax255
The Anti-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac
Even the Storm fans and Halle fans wouldn't want her in every scene.

Show her teaching the kids, talking about her origins and how it affected her, how she came to the US to find a land of hatred and prejudice...how she chose to join Xavier's side and fight for peaceful co-existence...

Show her using her powers in creative and subtle ways - more than lightning and fog... like increasing air pressure to explode a building or decreasing it to thin the air and create a vacuum, creating a micro-monsoon to water her plants...

And that's about it!

We don't NEED Wolverine in a future X-movie if we are getting him in a spin-off, but we do need a strong male character - Gambit or Bishop perhaps. Also, we must see Beast again, after he was done so perfectly in X3 (though I'd rather he joined the school as science teacher).
I totally agree with you

Old 08-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #49
Kurosawa
Banned User

Hell no. The entire series needs a reboot with actors that actually fit the roles. The only actors from the first 3 movies I'd keep would be Marsden and Stewart.
But they could go to if it meant a clean break and a 100% reboot that gets it right.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:21 AM   #50
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

Instead of giving Hs's smaller film time, how about firing Penn and Kinberg and getting writters who can write a ESSEMBLE CAST. Something that gives all players an equal part in the storyline that's not all about one person's unatainable crap.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Goddessreicho is offline   Reply With Quote