The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Out with the old in with the new?
We need Halle and Hugh 35 34.31%
Keep Hugh 19 18.63%
Keep Halle 11 10.78%
Drop them both Give me Gabmit 17 16.67%
Let the younger cast take over 20 19.61%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2006, 09:05 PM   #101
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do we really need Halle and Hugh

i still say we have to keep Storm. Wolverine can just go away, since he will have his spin-off. Im actually writing a script without Logan (but with some references to him).

Jean, its really a pity, but i think Famke will be too old when X4 comes...real pity (and dont start with "they can de-age her like Patrick and Ian", this is lame).

But Storm still needs to show her past, why she feels angry, we stll have to know her, so i say keep Halle, drop Hugh to his spin-off.

Without both of them, unfortunately i think the franchise wont survive, at least the way it is now. IF they make an X4 with at least Halle and then, in this movie, set up a good way, then we can have X-men without them.

btw, God i was reading the script of X1 today, its sooooooo different than the movie, i'd kill to see the origins of Storm and Cyclops!!! Actually, if Storm's origin was there, it would help a lot on why she's afraid, why has anger inside her...
its really different...men-to-men kiss, Rogue kissing Magneto, Rogue is way more active, Wolverine doesnt steal the show so much...its quite greater, though the main idea wouldnt have worked as great as the one we saw.

Oh but, for those of you who dont like Beast or Angel in X3, read that script, and thank God for they not appearing in X1: LAME!!! mostly Beast, he sucks, as does Angel.

flavio_lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:09 AM   #102
WideAwake
Side-Kick

That sounds really interesting, Flavio. Where did you find that script?

WideAwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:07 AM   #103
ThE_PhOeNiX
Side-Kick

I say drop them both and give me gambit.

ThE_PhOeNiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:09 AM   #104
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WideAwake
That sounds really interesting, Flavio. Where did you find that script?
some random site i found on google search just type x-men script

flavio_lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:46 AM   #105
Decay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdizzle
Lol everyone wants Gambit in it. I wouldn't mind it, or even a mention but keep him subdued.
I want Gambit in too, I just don't see why Gambit's appearance has anything to do with Wolverine or Storm.

I feel the anger changing me!
Decay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:36 PM   #106
Mdizzle
Je suis ici.

hahha yeah I dunno. I just want consistency, X3 had too many shockers that didn't sit quite well with me...X1 and X2 had more credible, gradual developments in terms of plot and characters...X3 was like, throw it all out the window, slash 'em up. Keep the two of them, depending on where things go with Rogue, maybe bring Gambit around.

"This is Tom Tucker......'s evil twin, Todd Tucker, out to ruin his brother's reputation. Ha ha ha!"
Mdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:36 PM   #107
Ororocity
Side-Kick

Why does everyone say we need to recast Storm, Halle may not of been the best Storm but you can't get another in the other movie it will be weird. They can't say Storm fell on her face and got plastic surgery. They need to keep Halle (oh and Hugh)

Ororocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:43 PM   #108
Mdizzle
Je suis ici.

^^ I agree...as far as an "authentic" Storm goes, opinions may differ on Halle as the choice. However it would be weird with someone else recast; as far as the movie goes, Halle is who we've identified as Storm, movieverse Storm that is. Recast mid or post trilogy and I just think, it's like with soap operas when every week there's a different Carly on General Hospital.

"This is Tom Tucker......'s evil twin, Todd Tucker, out to ruin his brother's reputation. Ha ha ha!"
Old 08-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #109
Ororocity
Side-Kick

Thanks for agreeing.
Keep Halle. Keep Hugh. We don't the same thing that happened to Vivian in Fresh Prince of Bel Air happening to Storm.
You can't drop these two it's silly.

Ororocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #110
WorthyStevens
Green Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdizzle
^^ I agree...as far as an "authentic" Storm goes, opinions may differ on Halle as the choice. However it would be weird with someone else recast; as far as the movie goes, Halle is who we've identified as Storm, movieverse Storm that is. Recast mid or post trilogy and I just think, it's like with soap operas when every week there's a different Carly on General Hospital.
Back then, Michael Keaton was known as Batman. But now we have a new Dark Knight, with whom I believe is better than Keaton...

I wouldn't mind seeing Halle replaced.

"OFF TO WORK"

- T (TOBIAS)
WorthyStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #111
Mdizzle
Je suis ici.

I think Batman's a bit different...each movie wasn't necessarily a continuation of the previous ones in certain terms...not much explanation of where his last leading lady left off, etc, I guess those characters are fairly expendable. With X1 and X2 however, it was a direct continuation, so it woulda been a bit weirder seeing someone else in say Wolvie or Storm's position. Meh, they replaced Kitty like 3 times so who knows really, lol.