The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 60

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 58

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #3
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
If amything, first class is underrated. It's far superior to MoS.
First Class is the best CBM of the 2010s for me.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 60

I got the first post !!!!!

Old 06-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #5
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 60

First Class is in my top 3 SH movies of all time.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 59

EDIT: Apologies to DA_Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
If amything, first class is underrated. It's far superior to MoS.
What are your thoughts on both films?

Note to some of the Hype! oldies: Want to take the Lounge back? Come and take it, it's not like there is a territorial battle to win it, it's the land of the free to lounge. Make it multiflavored, make it interesting.

Last edited by Spider-Aziz; 06-06-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Do you think it will be easier now that the general audience is more aware of what we'll be getting this time with a Zack Snyder Superman flick?
No, because IMO, the problem isn't getting used to Snyder's approach. The problem is that in MOS, Snyder's approach was flawed.

If B v S were of the same quality as MOS, its not like MOS detractors would go "Oh, I get it now! This is awesome!"

If anything, it could be just like the reaction to ASM2.

Also, I find the idea of MOS being better than First Class extremely laughable.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #8
Marvin
Side-Kick

If BvS is as good as the majority of the marvel cu films, it will no doubt land with the same rotten score. It has to be far better. It has to somehow be better than Superman Returns even...

Few notes for snyder:
It also would be better served not having a flawed hero like the majority(all) of the mcu films. The same thing that might make those heroes relatable would no doubt work against superman. Not so sure about batman though. If a villain is killed, it would be better if batman did it, looking at film history that is.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #9
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If BvS is as good as the majority of the marvel cu films, it will no doubt land with the same rotten score. It has to be far better. It has to somehow be better than Superman Returns even...

Few notes for snyder:
It also would be better served not having a flawed hero like the majority(all) of the mcu films. The same thing that might make those heroes relatable would no doubt work against superman. Not so sure about batman though. If a villain is killed, it would be better if batman did it, looking at film history that is.
Lol wut? If it's as good as the current Marvel movies it will therefore by default be better than Superman Returns.

I do agree though that since there is a lot of hate towards DC for some reason that it will have to be better than a lot of the Marvel films. That being said I think a lot of their recent films have sucked besides Cap and Avengers. The last Iron man, the last thor both left a bad taste in my mouth that was thankfully cleansed by Captain America.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #10
Pre 52 Batman
Side-Kick

Old 06-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #11
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

75 Years Later, Batman Co-Creator Bill Finger Gets A Cover Credit On ‘Detective Comics’ #27

‘Heroes Of The Comics’ Offers Brilliant Drew Friedman Portraits Of Siegel, Shuster, Kirby And More

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 06-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #12
DaJanksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre 52 Batman View Post

In a few days we will find out what's behind the curtain.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #13
Nicky
Banned User

I think 'First Class' is better made than MOS in terms of editing, pacing, minimal plot holes, acting, character motivations and logic etc but here's the crazy part: I enjoyed MOS more simply because I love Superman and the themes and concepts within the film appealed to me more.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #14
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

What took them so long to credit the guy his credit?

Note to some of the Hype! oldies: Want to take the Lounge back? Come and take it, it's not like there is a territorial battle to win it, it's the land of the free to lounge. Make it multiflavored, make it interesting.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #15
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
What took them so long to credit the guy his credit?
I assume the deal they made with Kane.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 06-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #16
DaJanksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I think 'First Class' is better made than MOS in terms of editing, pacing, minimal plot holes, acting, character motivations and logic etc but here's the crazy part: I enjoyed MOS more simply because I love Superman and the themes and concepts within the film appealed to me more.
I agree. And it was nice to see Superman fight for once on the big screen and the man that plays superman is PERFECT for the role. So it has that going for it.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:37 PM   #17
MrsKent26
Whatever.

So it seems that secret reveal thing isn't the superman suit after all. I don't appreciate the teasing.

\S/T*
Old 06-06-2014, 07:37 PM   #18
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's a 2011 release
What are your thoughts on both films?
2011 is part of the 2010s ...

Old 06-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #19
Nicky
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
Lol wut? If it's as good as the current Marvel movies it will therefore by default be better than Superman Returns.

I do agree though that since there is a lot of hate towards DC for some reason that it will have to be better than a lot of the Marvel films. That being said I think a lot of their recent films have sucked besides Cap and Avengers. The last Iron man, the last thor both left a bad taste in my mouth that was thankfully cleansed by Captain America.
I prefer DC to Marvel but I can see why people wouldn't be happy with the way they're handling their cinematic universe. Warner Brothers/DC have made some bad moves:

- They've pushed B v S to 2016. 2015 is the year. So many exciting films coming and B v S should have been right there with 'em.

- Some of the casting decisions have been strange to say the least.

- The title of the sequel is clumsy.

- WB don't have a long term plan and so we get DC movies every 3 or 4 years as opposed to every year like Marvel.

- For every 'Batman Begins' there's a 'Catwoman'. Marvel films are much more consistent in quality and so people feel safe paying for a ticket to see the latest instalment.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #20
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I assume the deal they made with Kane.
Too bad they kept the deal on for as long as they did
Bill deserved proper appreciation sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
So it seems that secret reveal thing isn't the superman suit after all. I don't appreciate the teasing.
The Superman suit is right there in the picture, so I did not expect a new suit

Old 06-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #21
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

Did they clear it up? What's the reveal?
Not really. It just said check back in a couple days for something that isn't about superman.

\S/T*
Old 06-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #22
DaJanksta

Quote:

They tweeted that the reveal isn't superman related and it's not going to be revealed for a couple of days.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #23
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

There is going to be a new suit. The costume designer said they were tweaking it. Although, that doesn't mean they'll reveal this new one though since it's not totally new.

\S/T*
Old 06-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #24
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I have a feeling it's only going to be for that issue. And I think they are legally bound to not acknowledge Finger as a co-creator.

"

Old 06-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #25
luis4u
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I have a feeling it's only going to be for that issue. And I think they are legally bound to not acknowledge Finger as a co-creator.
Maybe there is a loophole like special thanks to bill finger..

Closed Thread