The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 08-26-2006, 02:41 PM   #76
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

Default Re: Pacing: When did you realize it was very fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay
So basically...

The entire 2 hours of the movie will be taken up with a DoD / Famke love scene...

The DVD will contain the "extended" 6 hour cut that wasn't released to theatres...

And in 6 months, the "Special Edition" will come out, with a 2nd disc that contains over 10 hours worth of "alternate cuts" and "deleted scenes"...

No no no. No. lol. I was just saying you know if you were in Scott's shoes and Jean appears alive before you...what would u say to her? What would you said to her instead of saying "How!?!" and her saying "I don't know..." ? There are lots of ways you can write a scene between them emotionally cause of the connection they share. The whole point of this is b/c I understand who Famke is playing and what Jean's relationships are like to those she loves who have made an impact in her life, especially Scott. So ask yourself this, if she appeared before you alive, what would you say to her? but also think about what she might say in return.

sometimes you just have to get in character and as an actor, thats exactly what you gotta do and be able to bring out the emotions that are inside of you. Even if the woman you loved had died and since then, you've been through an emotional wreak, taking her death really hard. Also, the voices you hear of her inside your mind can make an emotional impact on your life as well. Why? Because you know in your heart that she was the one- the woman who was always there for you, comforted you, helped you cope with your powers but besides that, its the way she made you feel and get through life.

You just have to step into Scott's shoes and really feel what he's feeling in the inside as if its actually happening to you. Thats how I write. Try and get inside the character's head and just...just let it all out. Write how you would feel if you Scott but take the time to do it and thats what the X3 writers didn't do. I can tell by a scene if it was played out nicely and had a emotional impact, you can tell the writers did their job. With these 'so-called'writers, they certainly didn't do a good job with X3.

Some scenes need to take their time...just let it all out.

In the words of Ava Moore... "Its okay...let it out."

And Quill... Your ship is filthy. - Gamora
She has no idea. If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting. - Peter Quill

Last edited by DarknessOfDeath; 08-26-2006 at 02:58 PM.
DarknessOfDeath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #77
La_She-Beast
Side-Kick

^sometimes, no, ALWAYS

"Daddy"
La_She-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:04 PM   #78
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_She-Beast
^sometimes, no, ALWAYS
well I was only referring to those scenes that are emotional and those scenes should be taken into consideration in terms of how long the scene should be so it could have that impact on you when you watch how the scene is played out.

And Quill... Your ship is filthy. - Gamora
She has no idea. If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting. - Peter Quill

Last edited by DarknessOfDeath; 08-26-2006 at 03:13 PM.
DarknessOfDeath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:06 PM   #79
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

it only felt fast when day became night super fast while magneto walked like two feet.......

and NO...thats not an old people joke!!

Old 08-26-2006, 03:06 PM   #80
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

:rollseyes: There are others in the X-men who were soposed to have a story to tell and never had that chance. People who didn't have the oppurtunity to have an emtional impact. Kitty, Colossus, Ororo...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Goddessreicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:22 AM   #81
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwolverine2
it only felt fast when day became night super fast while magneto walked like two feet.......

and NO...thats not an old people joke!!
ROFLMAO!

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:22 AM   #82
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath
No no no. No. lol. I was just saying you know if you were in Scott's shoes and Jean appears alive before you...what would u say to her? What would you said to her instead of saying "How!?!" and her saying "I don't know..." ? There are lots of ways you can write a scene between them emotionally cause of the connection they share. The whole point of this is b/c I understand who Famke is playing and what Jean's relationships are like to those she loves who have made an impact in her life, especially Scott. So ask yourself this, if she appeared before you alive, what would you say to her? but also think about what she might say in return.

sometimes you just have to get in character and as an actor, thats exactly what you gotta do and be able to bring out the emotions that are inside of you. Even if the woman you loved had died and since then, you've been through an emotional wreak, taking her death really hard. Also, the voices you hear of her inside your mind can make an emotional impact on your life as well. Why? Because you know in your heart that she was the one- the woman who was always there for you, comforted you, helped you cope with your powers but besides that, its the way she made you feel and get through life.

You just have to step into Scott's shoes and really feel what he's feeling in the inside as if its actually happening to you. Thats how I write. Try and get inside the character's head and just...just let it all out. Write how you would feel if you Scott but take the time to do it and thats what the X3 writers didn't do. I can tell by a scene if it was played out nicely and had a emotional impact, you can tell the writers did their job. With these 'so-called'writers, they certainly didn't do a good job with X3.

Some scenes need to take their time...just let it all out.

In the words of Ava Moore... "Its okay...let it out."

Oh, so NOW you decide to put your Famke-Love to the side...

Way to be that guy.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote