Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 10:33 PM   #676
highguard
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official FF2 Teaser Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Alba's Lover
Check my last statement above yours. thats what i said. that storys been getting ready since last year.
J Alba Lover I was writing my reply as you were writing yours, yours just posted to the database faster than mine, I never actually saw your statement.

Happens all the time when you are reading a page behind others too, online is not the same as realtime..... sometimes.

And yes we basically said the same thing.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:43 PM   #677
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Cool Re: The Official FF2 Teaser Thread

Quote:
Teaser Trailer in Theaters / Not Online This FridayMore NewsTuesday December 19th, 2006We warned you that the details were tentative, and now we have received an update from 20th Century Fox regarding the much anticipated teaser trailer for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

I have been told that the trailer (which comes in at a runtime of 1 minute and 42 seconds) has now officially been completed, Fox are very happy with it, and that it will definately be showing with Night at the Museum in the US from this Friday. The trailer has been sealed up and is being sent off "loose in the can" (shipping seperately from the movie, and manually attached at the last minute) to theaters across the US as I type. If you are going to see Night at the Museum JUST for the trailer, please be sure to check with your local theater first, because the trailer may or may not be included depending on whether or not they had added it.

We have also been told that the television and internet releases of the trailer will not be happening until "at least a few days" later. This means that the trailer will most likely be available online (we are hearing it will most likely be available in High Definition!) at some point next week. We'll get those details to you when they are released. As always, watch this space.

THANKS MATT I just realized this is your stuff. LOL

Last edited by Advanced Dark; 12-20-2006 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:47 PM   #678
Noir

Damnit!

Old 12-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #679
highguard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Alba's Lover
So who's all here from the States and plans on seeing a NATM this holiday weekend for the new FF2 teaser? I know i will.
I plan to see it.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:50 PM   #680
Advanced Dark
Banned User

I can't wait to see the Holographic posters of Silver Surfer. You know they're gonna do it.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:51 PM   #681
Noir

I have to go see Night at the museum now.. X(

Old 12-20-2006, 10:54 PM   #682
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Cool Re: The Official FF2 Teaser Thread

edit

Last edited by Advanced Dark; 12-20-2006 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:25 PM   #683
Malus
Side-Kick

THING #2 - 1983

Old 12-20-2006, 11:33 PM   #684
Malus
Side-Kick

MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #2 (First Thing series) - 1973

Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 PM   #685
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Malus what are you doing with the covers???

Old 12-20-2006, 11:45 PM   #686
Malus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Dark
Malus what are you doing with the covers???
#2 issue covers...2 days to go...
The last two were Thing solo books, but I figured go ahead, most have never seen 'em...

Old 12-21-2006, 12:04 AM   #687
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Dangit I'll be on the road to Chicago to see my kids and won't be heading back until the 27th!
IF it does get on-line can someone PM me a link please? Thanks ahead of time.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 12-21-2006, 12:57 AM   #688
zer00
Banned User

so...anyone hear abouts Evans being the voice for Casey Jones in TMNT?

Old 12-21-2006, 01:14 AM   #689
Threshold
Simply Amazing

I'm intrigued to see what they've got cooked up for this sequel. The Fantasticar actually looks neat and casting Doug Jones as Norin Radd was a classy fanboyesque touch. I felt the first one was a bit light on substance, but perhaps this one will make up for it while maintaining the fun.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:43 AM   #690
Malus
Side-Kick

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 - November, 1961

'Nuff said.

Last edited by Malus; 12-21-2006 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:46 AM   #691
Retroman
Side-Kick

^Nice.
If the trailer is ready and in theaters tomorrow, shouldn't theaters have it now? Does anyone here work at a theater?

Old 12-21-2006, 02:01 AM   #692
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Malus, cool didn't put it together. I like it.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:00 AM   #693
Atticus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman
^Nice.
If the trailer is ready and in theaters tomorrow, shouldn't theaters have it now? Does anyone here work at a theater?
Funny you should ask! I just returned home from building and dry-running Night (I'm a projectionist). And of course, I absolutely had to check out this trailer. I was very satisfied with what was shown, which was mostly Surfer V. Torch. Below is a description of the trailer as I remember :

TRAILER SPOILERS!!!!

It starts of with quick shots of Reed and Sue walking down the aisle. We see Johnny smiling proudly and the Thing wiping away tears.

There's a flash in the sky, and Reed looks over at Johnny who replies, "C'mon, I just bought this!" (Referring to his tux) He rolls his eyes and leaps over the edge of the building yelling, "Flame On!"

What follows is an amazing chase sequence between Surfer and Torch through a tunnel. At one point the Surfer passes THROUGH a subway bus and the Torch fx really look excellent as he flies through the very narrow gap between vehicles.

Surfer ends up way above the streets of NY with Torch in hot pursuit. We then see him turn around, literally catch and hold Torch by the throat until he 'flames off' and begins to fall...

FANTASTIC 4 RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER

LANDING JUNE 15

Last edited by Atticus; 12-21-2006 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:36 AM   #694
MattC
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks for taking the time to give us a summary of the trailer Atticus!! It sounds like its a really cool sequence Were you impressed visually with how Silver Surfer looked?

Old 12-21-2006, 05:31 AM   #695
Atticus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc
Thanks for taking the time to give us a summary of the trailer Atticus!! It sounds like its a really cool sequence Were you impressed visually with how Silver Surfer looked?
No problem! I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the Surfer, especially when you consider that this is merely a teaser trailer. The Surfer himself looked like a glorified T-1000 from T2, appearing to be made of liquid metal, and the shots go by so fast that it's hard to get a real good look at him. But what I noticed most was how well he blended in with his surroundings. It wasn't a copy and paste job, Weta took the time, and it definitely adds a more realistic touch to see things like the reflections of objects or the light of Torch's flames as he closes in on the Surfer. The animation of the Surfer gliding through the air was also quite stunning, it was very fluid and natural.

So far it looks like Weta's doing another top-notch job, and I can't wait to see the final product this Summer.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:33 AM   #696
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Thanks Atticus seems like they are showcasing an action sequence as opposed to a trailer,may well be a good move

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 12-21-2006, 05:37 AM   #697
David33
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus
Funny you should ask! I just returned home from building and dry-running Night (I'm a projectionist). And of course, I absolutely had to check out this trailer. I was very satisfied with what was shown, which was mostly Surfer V. Torch. Below is a description of the trailer as I remember :

TRAILER SPOILERS!!!!

It starts of with quick shots of Reed and Sue walking down the aisle. We see Johnny smiling proudly and the Thing wiping away tears.

There's a flash in the sky, and Reed looks over at Johnny who replies, "C'mon, I just bought this!" (Referring to his tux) He rolls his eyes and leaps over the edge of the building yelling, "Flame On!"

What follows is an amazing chase sequence between Surfer and Torch through a tunnel. At one point the Surfer passes THROUGH a subway bus and the Torch fx really look excellent as he flies through the very narrow gap between vehicles.

Surfer ends up way above the streets of NY with Torch in hot pursuit. We then see him turn around, literally catch and hold Torch by the throat until he 'flames off' and begins to fall...

LANDING JUNE 15
My God!!!! .I...MUST....SEE!!!!!.Sounds great!!!

http://singerssupermansucks.blogspot.com/

Marvel Comics rock!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 05:53 AM   #698
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus

TRAILER SPOILERS!!!!

LANDING JUNE 15
Thanks! I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

From your description, it sounds so short though. Was it close to the 1:42 reported?

Old 12-21-2006, 05:54 AM   #699
eXperiment
...gone wrong.

The trailer sounds awesome!!! When....do you think.....will it be online.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:55 AM   #700
eXperiment
...gone wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin
Thanks! I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

From your description, it sounds so short though. Was it close to the 1:42 reported?
good question....I would like to know to

Closed Thread