The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 01-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #251
CaptainGenerica
F#m9/B

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiean Dark View Post
Jack nicholson WAS the joker of the mainstream comics in Batman 89 all these haters only dont appreciate him for one thing his physical weight problem he had in the movie ill admit he was carrying a few pounds but his performance completely overshadowed it. I firmly beleive Nolans take with Ledger will be the joker seen in the dark knight returns graphic novel a none laughing dark suited killer a bit like hannibull leckter (i.e boring and seen a million times in a million movies) not the flambouyantly dressed laughing CLOWN prince that is the character thats why i personally am more looking foward to Dennts appearance in tdk.

Although I disagree with your prediction about Nolan/Ledger's Joker being boring (Hannibal Lecter is never boring), you've reminded me... Ledger looks almost exactly like the Joker as drawn by Frank Miller in DKR.

CaptainGenerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #252
David Rice
Banned User

YEP, you are the only one. The Joker isn't like that. The things he does are only funny to him. You should HATE him in this next film. Jack is the man, but not the Joker.

David Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #253
batbat_29640
Side-Kick

Quote:
Jack nicholson WAS the joker of the mainstream comics in Batman 89 all these haters only dont appreciate him for one thing his physical weight problem he had in the movie ill admit he was carrying a few pounds but his performance completely overshadowed it. I firmly beleive Nolans take with Ledger will be the joker seen in the dark knight returns graphic novel a none laughing dark suited killer a bit like hannibull leckter (i.e boring and seen a million times in a million movies) not the flambouyantly dressed laughing CLOWN prince that is the character thats why i personally am more looking foward to Dennts appearance in tdk.
Hey b****boy , how bouts you go read some comics other than The Dark Knight Returns and the '89 movie adaptation and then you might have a clue of what you're talkin about. Everybody says Jack was Great as the the Joker because he's JACK. Not because they have any core knowledge of who the Joker is outside of Cseasar Romero and Jack Nicholson. All we so called haters are just Batman fans whos knowledge of these charcaters predates the '89 movie. And for the record Mark Hamill's cartoon Joker . . . kicked Jack's @$$! Hell Jim Carrey's Riddler was a better Joker than Jack's.

BURTONITE? NOLANITE?
I'm a
BATMANITE!
Important message is brought to you by Sushi

batbat_29640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:43 PM   #254
batbat_29640
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGenerica View Post
Although I disagree with your prediction about Nolan/Ledger's Joker being boring (Hannibal Lecter is never boring), you've reminded me... Ledger looks almost exactly like the Joker as drawn by Frank Miller in DKR.

Looks more lIke Brian Bolland's Joker to me.

BURTONITE? NOLANITE?
I'm a
BATMANITE!

Old 01-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #255
Nepenthes
Side-Kick

I liked when Jack was at the beach.

Last edited by Nepenthes; 01-11-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Nepenthes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #256
David Rice
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by batbat_29640 View Post
Hey b****boy , how bouts you go read some comics other than The Dark Knight Returns and the '89 movie adaptation and then you might have a clue of what you're talkin about. Everybody says Jack was Great as the the Joker because he's JACK. Not because they have any core knowledge of who the Joker is outside of Cseasar Romero and Jack Nicholson. All we so called haters are just Batman fans whos knowledge of these charcaters predates the '89 movie. And for the record Mark Hamill's cartoon Joker . . . kicked Jack's @$$! Hell Jim Carrey's Riddler was a better Joker than Jack's.
YEP! batbat knows his stuff!

David Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #257
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Hey b****boy , how bouts you go read some comics other than The Dark Knight Returns and the '89 movie adaptation and then you might have a clue of what you're talkin about.
Nicholson still makes it.

Quote:
Everybody says Jack was Great as the the Joker because he's JACK.
That's what you say. I say he's a great actor and very close to the Joker's personality himself.

Quote:
Not because they have any core knowledge of who the Joker is outside of Cseasar Romero and Jack Nicholson.
There are different incarnations of Joker as there are different versions of every character. Nolan's doing something different? Great. That means the previous or differenmt ones are wrong or any more wrong because of this? Naw.

Quote:
And for the record Mark Hamill's cartoon Joker . . . kicked Jack's @$$! Hell Jim Carrey's Riddler was a better Joker than Jack's.
Too good Mr. Hammill has a good voice, because his acting abilities suck big time. And may I assume you thought Jim's Riddler was good because he's JIM?

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #258
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Meh, I hope not.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #259
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

jack nicholson played jack nicholson. I think his over rated. That said i thought he was a good film version of joker. It could of been worst.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #260
batbat_29640
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post

That's what you say. I say he's a great actor and very close to the Joker's personality himself.

There are different incarnations of Joker as there are different versions of every character. Nolan's doing something different? Great. That means the previous or differenmt ones are wrong or any more wrong because of this? Naw.

Too good Mr. Hammill has a good voice, because his acting abilities suck big time. And may I assume you thought Jim's Riddler was good because he's JIM?
Not at all! I didn't like Carrey's Riddler because it was too Joker. To me Riddler would be better handled if he were more like Keyser So(sp?) . . . Kevin Spacey's character in 'The Usual Suspects'. Carrey's Riddler had more of the Joker's personality than Jack's Joker did.

BURTONITE? NOLANITE?
I'm a
BATMANITE!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #261
El Payaso
Banned User

Joker sending riddles to the police, becoming a bussiness man and being in love with Bruce Wayne. That's the ****.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #262
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

I like to see Kevin Spacey's Seven character development into The Riddler. I think that would suit Nolan's version of Riddler.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #263
Rorschach2012
$

youre not the only one man

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #264
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thank you for replying to that useless post so I wouldn't have to.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #265
titan101
Banned User

Quote:
hannibal lecter ( nice spelling there BTW ) ? boring ? what a dumbass.

Last edited by titan101; 01-12-2007 at 07:09 PM.
titan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:24 PM   #266
Agentsands77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan101 View Post
hannibal lector ( nice spelling there BTW ) ? boring ? what a dumbass.
Actually, the spelling is "Hannibal Lecter".

But all things aside, there's no way Hannibal Lecter is boring. If the Joker of THE DARK KNIGHT has anywhere near the same amount of cinematic power and presence, I'll be a very happy man.

Last edited by Agentsands77; 01-12-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #267
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

He corrects someone's way of spelling the name and spells it wrong as well, how ironic.

I'll set the record straight. Tim Burton based his original Batman film off of the Batman comics of the 40s and then current, 80s. The Joker was just a crazy loon. He laughed at everything and only killed people the kooky conventional ways, shock buzzer, etc, only silly ways(minus The Dark Knight Returns). And that is how Jack Nicholson was suppose to play the role, and for what he did and had to work with, it was amazing. He came off great, even stupendous. The same goes for Burton's Batman killing others. During the period Burton chose to use, Batman was a recluse who only came out at night and wait for it.....killed villains. Batman Begins was based more so on the current Batman that does not kill and who's villainous opposite, The Joker, is a psycho, he murders anyone who gets in his way, any way he feels like it. He's a dark character on the inside. Sure, he spits one liners and laughs at them, but in a grim way. And his look has gone from a normal clown to more evilly broadening. Dark circles around his eyes. Dark green hair, and blood red lips. That in terms, is the Joker I expect to see Ledger pull off under Chris Nolan's direction.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #268
Agentsands77
Side-Kick

^Quite right, Mr. Socko. Nicholson's Joker is certainly faithful to the comics, just different eras. The "darker" Joker really only started gaining steam around BATMAN '89's making, not before.

Agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:21 PM   #269
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Leave it to SHHers to determine that in order to enjoy one performance you must hate another (who else here recalls all the Keaton-Hate when Bale was cast?). The forumers here are littler boys who get all nervous when somebody suggests Actor X could play/might play/did play Role X better than Nolan's/Burton's choice. Grow up.

The real truth is that Jack was great. He, for all intents and purposes, nailed the Joker of the Batman comics from that era. The Joker of modern comics is a little bit different, but since those comics didn't exist 20 years ago, Jack can hardly be blamed for not portraying that Joker.

Now here's a secret tip that always confuses the little boys: you don't have to hate Jack in order to like Ledger, or vice-versa. Your brain (hint: you can find it in your head) has the capacity to like more than one thing at the same time.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #270
titan101
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Socko View Post
He corrects someone's way of spelling the name and spells it wrong as well, how ironic.
you guys always gotta find something to insult me with , don't you ?

titan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #271
StorminNorman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan101 View Post
you guys always gotta find something to insult me with , don't you ?
They only insulted you because you insulted the other guy

StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:37 PM   #272
Nepenthes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Face View Post
I like to see Kevin Spacey's Seven character development into The Riddler. I think that would suit Nolan's version of Riddler.
without all the nasty stuff though, I don't see the Riddler torturing innocent people. otherwise great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Socko View Post
I'll set the record straight. Tim Burton based his original Batman film off of the Batman comics of the 40s and then current, 80s. The Joker was just a crazy loon. He laughed at everything and only killed people the kooky conventional ways, shock buzzer, etc, only silly ways(minus The Dark Knight Returns). And that is how Jack Nicholson was suppose to play the role, and for what he did and had to work with, it was amazing. He came off great, even stupendous. The same goes for Burton's Batman killing others. During the period Burton chose to use, Batman was a recluse who only came out at night and wait for it.....killed villains. Batman Begins was based more so on the current Batman that does not kill and who's villainous opposite, The Joker, is a psycho, he murders anyone who gets in his way, any way he feels like it. He's a dark character on the inside. Sure, he spits one liners and laughs at them, but in a grim way. And his look has gone from a normal clown to more evilly broadening. Dark circles around his eyes. Dark green hair, and blood red lips. That in terms, is the Joker I expect to see Ledger pull off under Chris Nolan's direction.
So what's the deal with you and Mr.Paragraph you guys not talking anymore? shame. reasonable post though

i like this bit

Old 01-13-2007, 12:53 AM   #273
Raider4000
Side-Kick

Jack will never be toped

Raider4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:43 AM   #274
batbat_29640
Side-Kick

I remember the comics of that era. Still have em. Refer to them often when considering Jack's Joker performance. That Joker may have been based off the 50's and 60's Joker but that ain't the Joker I had come to appreciate before that movie came out. I remember the Joker from that day being more of a genius than Jack portrayed. After watching '89 Batman for the first time I felt the Joker in that movie was too tame.

BURTONITE? NOLANITE?
I'm a
BATMANITE!

Old 01-13-2007, 02:49 AM   #275
batbat_29640
Side-Kick

Quote:
Joker sending riddles to the police, becoming a bussiness man and being in love with Bruce Wayne. That's the ****.
. . . and that's all you remember? I'm talking personality not plot details. btw he sent those riddles to Bruce Wayne . . . not the police. What about that extreme personality display? What about him nonchalantly showing up in Two-Faces hideout as if he belonged there? Very Joker to me.

BURTONITE? NOLANITE?
I'm a
BATMANITE!