The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 08-28-2006, 05:55 PM   #1
javon
Side-Kick

Default Which battle was worth saying "The Last Stand"?

I think the other battels sucked excpet for Phoenix VS. Xavier and Phoenix VS. Alcatraz.

Storm VS. Callisto 1=I LOVED that battle even though Storm was getting her ass kicked.

Storm VS. Callisto 2=It could have been WAYYYYY better but I was still a LITTLE satisfied. It was just too short (like the movie itself).

Iceman VS. Pyro=BORING! That battle could have been soo much better.
*Bobby shoots ice, Pryo shoots fire, Pyro is closing in, Iceman ices up and head butts Pyro* and the battle is over like that.

Kitty VS. Juggs=I liked this battle. It was interesting to watch and I really enjoyed it.

Wolverine VS. Juggs=I ESPECIALLY enjoed this battle. It was next to Phoenix 1 & 2.

javon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
chaseter
Bland User

Default Re: Which battle was worth saying "The Last Stand"?

I think the last battle against Magneto was the 'Last Stand'. That one was kind of obvious.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
Pauluz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon
I think the other battels sucked excpet for Phoenix VS. Xavier and Phoenix VS. Alcatraz.

Storm VS. Callisto 1=I LOVED that battle even though Storm was getting her ass kicked.

Storm VS. Callisto 2=It could have been WAYYYYY better but I was still a LITTLE satisfied. It was just too short (like the movie itself).

Iceman VS. Pyro=BORING! That battle could have been soo much better.
*Bobby shoots ice, Pryo shoots fire, Pyro is closing in, Iceman ices up and head butts Pyro* and the battle is over like that.

Kitty VS. Juggs=I liked this battle. It was interesting to watch and I really enjoyed it.

Wolverine VS. Juggs=I ESPECIALLY enjoed this battle. It was next to Phoenix 1 & 2.
Both Storm vs Callisto battles sucked.
Pyro vs Iceman, could have been better, agreed.
I would have preferred Colossus vs Juggs, or even a Rogue vs Juggs, allowing her to get her superstrength.

Wolverine vs Phoenix was cool, really liked the adamantium showing.

Pauluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
Neto Magnus
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter
I think the last battle against Magneto was the 'Last Stand'. That one was kind of obvious.
yes! i was gonna say that

Neto Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #5
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neto Magnus
yes! i was gonna say that
I love to come into obvious threads and post my witty satire. Someone post a Captain Obvious pic quick.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 08-28-2006, 06:04 PM   #6
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Xavier's fight against Jean was the last Stand, because that's the last time we got to see him standing up

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #7
javon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntcrawler
Xavier's fight against Jean was the last Stand, because that's the last time we got to see him standing up
LMFAO! That is so true!

javon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:46 PM   #8
La_She-Beast
Side-Kick

I liked best the Juggernaut vs. Kitty. Very cool When I saw it the 1st time I was like Beast's fighting scenes were nice too, but the part when he quotes Churchill... it was a bit... pathetic. It was like "hey! look at me! I'm smart!"

"Daddy"

Last edited by La_She-Beast; 08-28-2006 at 06:56 PM.
La_She-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #9
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Pretty much all the battles sucked. They needed something more creative. The Pyro vs Iceman is the best example: the possibilities were enourmous, but we get a "super-nintendo-style-game-fighting". they just needed to put the life energy levels on each side. Also, on Jean's neighborhood, why the hell Arclight didnt do a thing to stop Storm? Doesnt she have a brain? She and Quills simply disappear.

But i liked (a lot) Kitty vs Juggs and Phoenix vs Xavier and Alcatraz. Also Logan vs Spike.

flavio_lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #10
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavio_lebeau
Pretty much all the battles sucked. They needed something more creative. The Pyro vs Iceman is the best example: the possibilities were enourmous, but we get a "super-nintendo-style-game-fighting". they just needed to put the life energy levels on each side.
And After Pyro is drained. He Collapses. Iceman starts jumping up and down in Victory, and Beast appears in the frame, raises his fist and shouts "FATALITY!!!"

Quote:
Also, on Jean's neighborhood, why the hell Arclight didnt do a thing to stop Storm? Doesnt she have a brain? She and Quills simply disappear.
For the same reason that you don't see Jean disintegrate Scott. See, Arclight has special powers, but the producers didn't want to spoil the effects for the audience, because it wouldn't look as dramatic later on if you already saw Arclight at her full potential.

Quote:
But i liked (a lot) Kitty vs Juggs and Phoenix vs Xavier and Alcatraz. Also Logan vs Spike.
At least Logan vs Spike was an actual, physical brawl.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:11 PM   #11
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Quote:
For the same reason that you don't see Jean disintegrate Scott. See, Arclight has special powers, but the producers didn't want to spoil the effects for the audience, because it wouldn't look as dramatic later on if you already saw Arclight at her full potential.
maybe her effect was such an amazing thing that i forgot to say wow. These producers/writters/whoever-thought-her-powers-were-wonderful cant get any lower...if i were Omahyra (thank god i am not ) i would so kick their ass and leave the project...

Old 08-28-2006, 07:19 PM   #12
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
maybe her effect was such an amazing thing that i forgot to say wow. These producers/writters/whoever-thought-her-powers-were-wonderful cant get any lower...if i were Omahyra (thank god i am not ) i would so kick their ass and leave the project...
It's gotta be either that or Arclight is just one of those generic villains that lacks brains and initiative. If she just clapped her hands and blew Storm out of the air with a well-aimed shockwave, that would only make Storm look bad. That or just lack of imagination or ability by the writers again.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:22 PM   #13
chaseter
Bland User

I guess Arclight didn't know who the hell this woman with the claw man was and didn't know what the hell she was doing in the air. Then it was too late. Just my guess. But it is weird they didn't come in the house. That is why it would have been easy and way better to have Collossus come along and beat off Quills and Arclight.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:34 PM   #14
LastSunrise1981

Post Re: Which battle was worth saying "The Last Stand"?

Battles are supposed to leave a sense of loss, sorrow, tragedy, and finality.

None of the battles really gave an apocalyptic sense.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:32 PM   #15
Ebil Gig
Side-Kick

The final battle of course.

I loved the final battle, Phoenix vs Prof X and the whole neighborhood fight with Storm & Wolvie.

I was disappointed with Pyro vs Iceman cause we say 90% of the battle on TV and it could have been better.

Kitty vs Jugs was "meh".

Ebil Gig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:36 PM   #16
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
It's gotta be either that or Arclight is just one of those generic villains that lacks brains and initiative. If she just clapped her hands and blew Storm out of the air with a well-aimed shockwave, that would only make Storm look bad. That or just lack of imagination or ability by the writers again.
Arclight's powers didn't affect people - the soldiers remained standing, only their weapons shattered.

Her power is to find the specific frequency at which an inorganic material (rock, plastic, etc) breaks and send a shockwave to shatter it.

Chat to me on Twitter @ TheGeekFiles
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #17
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac
Arclight's powers didn't affect people - the soldiers remained standing, only their weapons shattered.

Her power is to find the specific frequency at which an inorganic material (rock, plastic, etc) breaks and send a shockwave to shatter it.
then she could have tracked the frequences of Storm's clothes: it would make Ororo embarassed and the audience happy

Old 08-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #18
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

^^^ I was just gonna say that. robbing Ororo of her clothes would be just as effective at making her helpless. THat or perhaps Arclight could affect Storm's clothes in a way as to distract her, hurt her, or render her immobile just long enough for another villain to beat her up?

Old 08-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #19
Mother_Askani
Side-Kick

I agree that the end battle was a pointless, special effect laded stupidity fest.

All I could think of during that whole sequence of one on one battles was the line in The End (Book 3, Issue 6), when Cassandra Nova tells Maddie that she's no match for her, Maddie answers back, "I don't have to be. I'm an X-Man. We don't fight alone."

Also, the uses of powers was so stupid. If Maggie really wanted to kill Leach, all he needed to do was crush the building into a little ball of metal. Or Jean could have done that. Heck, if Ray and Nate can lift Providence, Jean could have lifted Alcatraz with her TK.

I wish Storm would have gotten hit by the cure and then beat Callisto. Storm loosing her powers was the defining moment for Ororo's character. She truly became Storm when she learned that it wasn't her powers that made her an X-Man, but who was was.

Mother_Askani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:42 AM   #20
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
Someone post a Captain Obvious pic quick.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:02 AM   #21
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

None of the battles for me except maybe Jean vs. Prof X but I hated the pinata finale.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:22 AM   #22
Retroman
Side-Kick

Jean vs Xavier, but i also loved Juggernaut vs Kitty and Pyro vs Iceman

Old 08-29-2006, 02:58 AM   #23
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon
They should have Thunderstruck from Ac/Dc playing in the background during that scene.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:14 AM   #24
CapBeerCino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Pretty much all the battles sucked. They needed something more creative.
True. And in spite of the "we work as a team" speeches we got, the last fight was a bunch of random one on ones. (of the x-men teaming up with soldiers armed with the cure, which was done to death, but I still find that stupid)

Quote:
But i liked (a lot) Kitty vs Juggs and Phoenix vs Xavier and Alcatraz.
Really? I was waiting for porky pig to go "That's all folks!" after that "battle" had ended.

The only action scene that was more than average imo was Jean's house. I hate it that they "killed" Xavier, but visually speaking - wow.

CapBeerCino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:49 AM   #25
TrailerCues
Banned User

Quote:
Someone post a Captain Obvious pic quick.
I know one was already posted but who cares

TrailerCues is offline   Reply With Quote