The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Will you kneel before Zod in SR2?
I want to see Zod as the villain in SR2 16 11.85%
I do NOT want Zod in SR2, but will still go see it if he is 80 59.26%
I do NOT want Zod in SR2, and will NOT see it if he is 39 28.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2006, 11:19 PM   #101
explode7
Banned User

Default Re: Will you still go to see SR2 if Zod is the villain?

Your getting the idea.

explode7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:48 AM   #102
Jasomius
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Socko
You know Singer, he'll probably remake Superman II.
No, no, no he won't. This misconception is completely from the naysayer's paranoia. They have been complaining about Sr being a remake so much they've convinced themselves Singer is on some sort of agenda to remake the Superman movies.

It's all in your head.

Quote:
If in any event he does, I'll have my hands all over a bootleg copy from Comic-Con
I don't understand your logic. You hate the movies, yet you are still going to watch it (albeit not in theaters)? You know that's not normal right?

Jasomius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:27 AM   #103
toddly6666
Banned User

A villain that is intelligent like Luthor and a villain that likes to punch around is important for the next movie:
The combination of those two characteristics are:
Darkseid or Mongol

But knowing Hollywood, for a character to be seriously beat up or killed, it's going to have to be some alien beast creature or a zombie-type character, so then you can have:
Doomsday or Bizzaro

Isn't Brainiac similar to Luthor anyway?
They can have Brainiac be the brains, and he can have Doomsday or Bizzaro be the muscle.

toddly6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:58 AM   #104
Darkred
Side-Kick

No matter who the villain, i think we will all go to see it anyway. I think they should leave Zod for now.
How about a reinvented Bizzarro. I think this villain, if done right would make a stunning foe.

Darkred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:36 AM   #105
Retroman
Side-Kick

I don't want Zod in SR2, SR4 or any sequels for the near future.I'd still go see the movie but probably not with that much enthusiasm.

We need a fresh new villain one thats not be done before in the live action movies and i think we're going to get one after reading the IESB report.

Old 10-28-2006, 09:45 AM   #106
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman
I don't want Zod in SR2, SR4 or any sequels for the near future.I'd still go see the movie but probably not with that much enthusiasm.

We need a fresh new villain one thats not be done before in the live action movies and i think we're going to get one after reading the IESB report.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #107
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasomius
I don't understand your logic. You hate the movies, yet you are still going to watch it (albeit not in theaters)? You know that's not normal right?
Not really. He's saying that he disliked SR...so has no high hopes for it's sequel....so he won't pay to see it in the theater, but will see it in one way or another to eventually be able to know how it was done.

There are many movies that I wait to see on DVD instead of at the theater. For me, it's a 40 mile round trip to a theater....but the Blockbuster is 2 minutes away.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #108
bosef982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee
Not really. He's saying that he disliked SR...so has no high hopes for it's sequel....so he won't pay to see it in the theater, but will see it in one way or another to eventually be able to know how it was done.

There are many movies that I wait to see on DVD instead of at the theater. For me, it's a 40 mile round trip to a theater....but the Blockbuster is 2 minutes away.
Where the hell do you live?

Two Films, One Review, No Holds Barred.
Comic books, fantasy, drama, romantic comedy -- all are put to task!

bosef982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:33 AM   #109
Super Kal
Side-Kick

if he does use Zod, I will gladly not see it in theaters...

there is such a plethora of villains to choose from, and if the only one he can think up from is one that was already used 20 years ago, then he's not a big a fan as he says he is.

Old 10-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #110
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosef982
Where the hell do you live?
My location says Georgetown, Kentucky.....it's a good bet that's it.

It's a small town...I have to go to Lexington to see a movie....Lex has several theaters, but none are on the side of town closest to me....I have to cross the city to get to one...it comes up to just under 20 miles one way. When we go to the movies, we also plan on hitting the malls and other stuff we don't have in our town.

A lot of posters here who live in the big urban areas don't realize what we in "middle America" have to go through to do what they take for granted.

A poster here at the Hype was complaining the other day...he said his town was too small for him to find a girlfriend...he was saying he was going to have to move to a big city to be able to get into a decent relationship. I live in a city of about 2,000 and my wife came from a town of about 300...so I was starting to sympathize with him....UNTIL HE TOLD ME HIS CITY HAD A POPULATION OF 100,000.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #111
DavidTyler
Side-Kick

If Singer goes w/Zod in the sequel, it will just be further proof of his lack of initiative with this character. Superman has a rich history of interesting adversaries. All one has to do is crack open some comix. Of course, Singer has no clue ... even forgetting the name of Superman's birth mother at a convention.

We really need someone to watch over this director and get people on board who aren't limited to the Donner films.

DavidTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:21 PM   #112
Eros
Side-Kick

well not all of superman villians can translate well to the big screen, most of them are highly upsurd. Can't do mongul or Darksied [whos not a superman Rogue buy the way] because they don't have the budget and dam sure don't have the time to explain these villians to the audience. Can't do Doomsday, as Doomsday is just one big plot device and a very uninteresting character. Mxy might make this movie come off as "campy" to most people. Parasite can't could be good, but he might owrk as a secondary Villian. Mettalo is a possibiliy, but superman is just so powerful, you need to make a rational explanation for why superman would have trouble with him. Brainiac could work, but it all depends on which version of the character you use.

Thats always been the problem with supermans rogue gallery, most of them save for Brainiac and Lex, are highly uninteresting and are simply punching bags for superman.

Eros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #113
Bruce_Wayne29
Side-Kick

As of now I'm not interested at all in seeing a sequel to this movie especially if it's with Zod.

Bruce_Wayne29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:10 AM   #114
Jasomius
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTyler
If Singer goes w/Zod in the sequel, it will just be further proof of his lack of initiative with this character.
Further proof? I didn't know there was proof to begin with. Show me proof.
Quote:
Superman has a rich history of interesting adversaries. All one has to do is crack open some comix.
How do you know they haven't read some?
Quote:
Of course, Singer has no clue ... even forgetting the name of Superman's birth mother at a convention.
Actually, Singer got Jor-El and Kal-El mixed up. And that's no surprise, considering he is a horrible public speaker.

Quote:
We really need someone to watch over this director and get people on board who aren't limited to the Donner films.
He isn't limited to the Donner films. That's all in your head.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:04 PM   #115
GreenKToo
In the fire

I hope this is not true....Zod???...ugh
http://www.moviehole.net/news/200610...ey_271006.html

Old 10-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #116
Super Kal
Side-Kick

that's a bunch of BS... the movie hasn't even been greenlighted yet, and I highly doubt a script has been formed yet.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:10 PM   #117
GreenKToo
In the fire

I sooo hope your right...It seems strange though,it leaking the same day as the official announcement..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot069
that's a bunch of BS... the movie hasn't even been greenlighted yet, and I highly doubt a script has been formed yet.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #118
Upper_Krust
Side-Kick

Hi Darkred!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkred
No matter who the villain, i think we will all go to see it anyway.
The question is not 'will we see it', but 'will we pay to see it' if it has Zod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkred
I think they should leave Zod for now.
How about a reinvented Bizzarro. I think this villain, if done right would make a stunning foe.
Bizarro, is nothing more than a thug. I think basing a movie around him is a bad idea.

Also its basically Superman vs. Superman...and to an extent we already saw that in Superman III (and IV).

You need someone smart, but you also need someone for Superman to throw down with and showcase the powers.

Personally, I would have had:

Superman Returns - Lex Luthor and Metallo (Luthor uses the tech from the fortress to create Metallo). Each time Superman encounters Metallo he is bigger (until at the climax of the movie he is 60 storeys tall).

Superman: Man of Steel - Lex Luthor and Brainiac (Luthor has been integrating the tech into Lexcorp but is unaware that its sentient). The name man of steel would be a double entendre, since we would use the robot version of Brainiac. The climax of the movie has Superman fighting his way through thousands of Brainiac robots.

Superman: Doomsday - Lexiac and Doomsday (Lex gets 'possessed' by the Brainiac intelligence). Doomsday's prison ship crashlands on Earth. I thought an interesting idea might be to see a mental duel between Lex and Brainiac (as per the Clark Kent vs. Superman battle in Superman III) to become the dominant psyche of Lexiac. We get to see the big Superman vs. Doomsday fight, with Superman's funeral at the end.

Superman: Apocalypse - Superman 'wakes' to find himself in 'Hell'...actually Apokalips. Back on Earth, Lex becomes president (he helped thwart the Brainiac virus after all). Also we see the emergence of Cyborg. We get to see Superman vs. Kalibak, as well as our first Superman vs. Darkseid battle, Superman gets a motherbox at the end and is able to return to Earth.

Superman: Identity Crisis - Superman returns to Earth to find the world beset by super clones (Cyborg, Bizarro etc.) who he must deal with. We also get to see Gog, who is travelling through dimensions killing Superman in every reality. The climax is Gog versus Superman.

and finally...

Superman: Hunter/Prey - Slightly different from the comics. Apokalips invades Earth. We get to see Superman vs. Validus (who Darkseid created to destroy Superman) as well as the rematch between Superman and Darkseid. Lex frees Doomsday to help take on Darkseid's forces. Darkseid has just about defeated Superman when Doomsday shows up. Doomsday and Superman together defeat Darkseid. Then we get a Doomsday vs. Superman rematch. Superman takes him out of Metropolis to avoid more collateral damage, taking the fight to the midwest. Lex deploys nukes to eliminate them both, but it doesn't kill them. Though it does kill the parents of the kid who would eventually become Gog. Superman has to use the motherbox to transport Doomsday to the end of time.

Upper_Krust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:09 PM   #119
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Truth be told, I don't know if I will see SR2 regardless of villian.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #120
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I actually expect him to use Zod as the villain for the next movie.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:25 PM   #121
newmexneon
Side-Kick

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO ZOD PLEASE.

Singer needs to do something new with this franchise or it will die and fall off the face of the earth.

newmexneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #122
GreenKToo
In the fire

I agree,I would prefer no Zod..we'll see though.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #123
Jasomius
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY
I actually expect him to use Zod as the villain for the next movie.
Why do you expect him to?

Dougherty and Harris both said they are not using him.

There has been nothing Singer has done that indicates he will use Zod in the next movie.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #124
Super Kal
Side-Kick

well, he's so friggin obsessed with the Donnerverse, I wouldn't be surprised if he does use him...

Old 10-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #125
Jasomius
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot069
well, he's so friggin obsessed with the Donnerverse, I wouldn't be surprised if he does use him...
Is he obsessed with the Donnerverse though?

Yes, he likes the Donner interpretation of Superman and that's the version he is continuing, but how does that mean he is obsessed?

The way I saw SR was Singer's attempt at bridging a gap from the Donnerverse to a brand new franchise, and it looks like WB sees it that way as well.

If Singer had just made a movie that brought nothing new to the table and was just aping Donner then i'd agree with you. But he didn't keep things the same. He made his own Metropolis, his own suit, introduced Richard White, gave Superman a son, brought in a larger sci-fi element to Lex Luthor and the franchise itself..

The people who see Singer as ripping off Donner have twisted it to look that way in their minds. There is no precedent for their belief.