The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 03:02 PM   #26
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere
I hope you guys are ready to be dominated.
It's just going to be really sad when one of my characters wins the whole thing, and I'll get my own grand prize. With my debating skills, I could take Beak and blow ya'll away!!!

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #27
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,176
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

I am Darthphere. No one can out debate me, even Dread has failed.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #28
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,056
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
It's just going to be really sad when one of my characters wins the whole thing, and I'll get my own grand prize. With my debating skills, I could take Beak and blow ya'll away!!!
I almost feel sad that the only prize you'll get are the tears running down your face as you mail me those comics.

Almost...

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #29
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Darth is a MasterDebator!

Anyway, I think I noticed a mistake. We have King Cobra and Cobra. I think these may both be the same character.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:38 PM   #30
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Oops, we also have Ares twice, once under Thor and again under Others.

Since someone wanted Vengenance, I don't mind adding him. I'm putting him in the Others section. Make adjustments to your lists if need be. (Also, you'll notice I took out one Northstar from X-Men and put in Flatman to make the numbering easier.)

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:46 PM   #31
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

I noticed we have two Gorgon characters. The first one, under Fantastic Four, is the Inhuman. The second, under X-Villians, is the bad buy from Enemy of the State with Wolverine. I changed the Gorgon under X-Villians to read "Gorgon (Enemy Of The State)."

Of the three people to send me partial lists, if you put Gorgon down on yours, let me know which you want. I'm in the process of working on your lists, and will be filling in the blanks and making sure all our names of characters will read the same. If you left off characters, I will simply start with character #1 as the next number on your list, Aurora, and go through to #512, Korath, eliminating name you've already submitted.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:01 PM   #32
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Ok, my list has been submitted to Wiegeabo. I will be now working on completing Zoken, Wolverine25th, and Hellstormer's lists that have been submitted.

If you submit a complete 512, you will need to do it in two parts. Just make sure you title your threads Part 1 and Part 2 when submitting.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:02 PM   #33
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

I figure it's a mistake...so, I'm taking Cobra off the list and substituting him with Star-Lord. Adjust your lists, and if Wolverine25th, Hellstormer or Zoken would like him added, just let me know whose name you want him after.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:07 PM   #34
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,115
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
It's just going to be really sad when one of my characters wins the whole thing, and I'll get my own grand prize. With my debating skills, I could take Beak and blow ya'll away!!!
Hey now, I think I have the ultimate underdog debating title with Ms. Nico Minoru. She took out Scorpian, Thunderstrike, and I think someone else, before just barely being beaten by High Evolutionary. I got me some points with that girl.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 PM   #35
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

I was reading how powerful Molecule Man is recently, and still cannot believe you suckers fell for the "Forge can be so powerful he'd just make any weapon to beat Molecule Man's contol of molecules" argument. I still say I was totally robbed, and half of it was due to people wanting to think Molecule Man could be beat by one of the lamest X-men.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #36
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,056
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
I was reading how powerful Molecule Man is recently, and still cannot believe you suckers fell for the "Forge can be so powerful he'd just make any weapon to beat Molecule Man's contol of molecules" argument. I still say I was totally robbed, and half of it was due to people wanting to think Molecule Man could be beat by one of the lamest X-men.



Forge is an underused badass. I knew from the beginning he'd probably be the longest surviving 'low-powered' character.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:10 AM   #37
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

The spaces is not a problem but getting rid of the numbers is ....I will try and submit a full list buut have to admit to not knowing approximately 70% of the characters on the list so I hope people will be indulgent with certain characters I may inherit.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:04 AM   #38
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,056
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Since none of the character's names have a number in them (I think), getting rid of the numbers is almost as easy as getting rid of the spaces. Once again, put the list in Word or Notepad and do a search/replace. This time replace each digit with nothing, one digit at a time.

So, first you replace 0, then 1, then 2, then 3...and then all the numbers will be gone.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 AM   #39
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo
Since none of the character's names have a number in them (I think), getting rid of the numbers is almost as easy as getting rid of the spaces. Once again, put the list in Word or Notepad and do a search/replace. This time replace each digit with nothing, one digit at a time.

So, first you replace 0, then 1, then 2, then 3...and then all the numbers will be gone.

I downloaded the list in Excel and they are all numbered such as

1. .....
2. .....
512. ....

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:25 AM   #40
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

If I get a list with numbers, I've been removing them for the person who submits. If you don't want to deal with the removal of numbers, I'll take care of it for you. Just, anything you can do to make you list perfect is appreciated.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:38 AM   #41
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
If I get a list with numbers, I've been removing them for the person who submits. If you don't want to deal with the removal of numbers, I'll take care of it for you. Just, anything you can do to make you list perfect is appreciated.

I just finished taking them out so no worries

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:57 AM   #42
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

I just thought of something. If a person makes up their list, and after they are done just adds on a complete list of 512, their previous entries will just cancel out ones that are in the full list of 512. Sure, it's easier for everything if they do just 512, but what if for ones that are more difficult, we just did that, Wiegeabo?

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:02 PM   #43
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,056
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Actually...that may work just fine. I'll do some testing this weekend to make sure, but the logic sounds good since the character will have been grabbed by the time the duplicate name was reached.

If this works, then you all only have to provide the list of characters that you want, ranked the way you want. (If you've already turned in a list you won't have to do anything.)

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:39 PM   #44
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

For easy use, here is the list without any numbers or spaces:


Aurora(WeaponX)
DiamondLil
Guardian(MacHudson)
MadisonJeffries(WeaponX)
Murmur
Northstar(AgentOfHydra)
Puck
Sasquatch
Shaman
Snowbird
Wildchild(WeaponX)
Talisman
Windshear
RanarktheRavager
TheMaster
Attuma
Bulldozer
BlackKnight(DaneWhitman)
BlackPanther
Bloodwraith
CaptainAmerica
CaptainBritain(KelseyLeigh)
CarolDanvers
Crystal
Diablo
Firebird
GrimReaper
HankPym
Hawkeye
Hercules
IronFist
IronMan
JackofHearts
Kang
Klaw
LivingLightning
LordTemplar
LukeCage
Mandarin
Mantis
Modok
Pagan
Piledriver
ThePresence
Proctor
Protocide
Pulsar
Quicksilver
RedSkull
ScarletWitch
ScottLang
Sersi
She-Hulk
SilverClaw
SpiderWoman(JessicaDrew)
Starfox
Taskmaster
Thunderball
Tigra
Triatholon
Ultron
Vision
WarMachine
Wasp
Whirlwind
Wonderman
Wrecker
X-51
Falcon&Redwing
Speed
Ronin
Jocasta
Quasar
TheGhost
Hulkling
Wiccan
Patriot
Stature
IronLad
Drax(Smart)
Firelord
Gamora
Gladiator
Maxam
Moondragon
Terrax
Airwalker
Clea
AdamWarlock
BaronMordo
BaronKarza
Morg
Blink(Exiles)
Magnus(Exiles)
Mimic(Exiles)
Morph(Exiles)
Namora(Exiles)
Nocturne(Exiles)
Spider(Exiles)
Sunfire(Exiles)
Thunderbird(Exiles)
PowerPrincess(Exiles)
Spider-Man2099
Armagedon(Exiles)
AgathaHarkness
Annihilus
DevostheDevestator
DoctorDoom
DragonMan
FrankieRaye
Mr.Fantastic
Gorgon
GreyGargoyle
Hatemonger
HumanTorch
InvisibleWoman
Karnak
LyjaLazerfist
MaximustheMad
Medusa
PsychoMan
RonantheAccuser
SuperSkrull
Thing
Trapster
Wizard
MadThinker
RedGhost
Abomination
DoctorSampson
SavageHulk
IronClad(U-Foes)
Leader
Maestro
Mr.Hyde
SpeedFreak
SuperAdaptoid
Vaper(U-Foes)
Vector(U-Foes)
Wendigo
X-Ray(U-Foes)
Zzzax
Armageddon
Bi-Beast
Boomerang
HalfLife
Madman
Mercy
Ravage
BlackWidow
Bullseye
Daredevil
Elektra
Kingpin
NickFury
Owl
Punisher
Shang-Chi
TyphoidMary
ZarantheWeaponsMaster
Man-Thing
GladiatorII
PurpleMan
FuManchu
YellowClaw
Scorpio
Blackout
BladetheVampireHunter
DamienHellstrom
Deathwatch
Delilah
GhostRider(JohnnyBlaze)
HannibalKing
JaineCutter
Morbius
Patriarch
Metarchus
Foundry
Regent
BlazingSkull
NamortheSub-Mariner
Spitfire
USAgent
UnionJack
ThinMan
Bolt
Firestar
Justice
Namorita
NightThrasher
Nova
Rage
Silhouette
Speedball
Sphinx
Helix
Hybrid
AlexPowers
Microbe
Debrii
Slapstick
Nitro
KarolinaDean
MollyHayes
NicoMinoru
VictorMancha
Darkhawk
Ricochet
Cloak
Dagger
Topher
Swarm
BlackCat
Calypso
Cardiac
Carnage
Carrion
Demogoblin
DoctorOctopus
Doppleganger
Electro
Ezekial
Fusion
GreenGoblin(Norman)
Hobgoblin(Kingsley)
Hydroman
JackO-Lantern
Kaine
KraventheHunter
LadyDocOck
Lizard
Mysterio
Puma
Rhino
Sandman
ScarletSpider
Scorpion
Shathra
Shocker
Shriek
Spidercide
Spider-Girl
Spiderman(Red&Blue)
BlackTarantula
Tri-sentinel
Venom(Brock)
Vermin
TheAnswer
Armada
Basilist
Crown
Headsman
Lightmaster
Man-Wolf
Morlun
Scorcher
Scream
Shadrac
Toxin
Wraith
AbsorbingMan
Baldur
BetaRayBill
Bloodaxe
DuroktheDemolisher
Enchantress
Fandral
Fenris
Heimdall
Hogun
Kurse
Sif
Thor
Thunderstrike
Titania
Ulik
Valkyrie
Vidar
Ares
Man-Beast
GrowingMan
KingCobra
TanaNile
Thaialfi
ThorGirl
Ultimus
Atlas
BaronZemo
Blizzard
Charcoal
Fixer
Gravitron
Jolt
Joystick
MachIV
Moonstone
Photon(Genis)
RadioactiveMan
Songbird
SpeedDemon
Tigershark
Archangel
Banshee
Beast
Bishop
Cable(Telepath)
Cannonball
Chamber(PreM-Day)
CharlesXavier(PreM-Day)
Colossus
Cyclops
Dazzler
EmmaFrost
Forge
Gambit(X-Men)
Havoc
Husk(AoA)
Iceman
JeanGrey
Joseph
Juggernaut(Villain)
KittyPryde
Lifeguard
Longshot
Marrow
Nightcrawler
Flatman
Polaris(X-Man)
Psylocke(CrimsonDawn)
RachelGrey
Rogue
StaceyX(PreM-Day)
Storm
Sunfire(Famine)
Thunderbird III
Wolverine
X-23
Abyss(AoA)
Adam-X
Caliban
Callisto
CaptainBritain(BrianBraddock)
Chód
DanielleMoonstar
Deadpool
Domino
Dust
Fantomex
Hellion(Julian)
JesseBedlam
KarimaShapandar
Karma
Kylun
Magik(Illyana Rasputin)
Magma
Maverick
Meggan
Meltdown
Mercury
MonetSt.Croix
Mondo(AoA)
MultipleMan
Penance
PeteWisdom
Prodigy(PreMDay)
Random
Raza
Richter(PreM-Day)
Rockslide
Shard(Hologram)
Shatterstar
SholaInkose(PreMday)
Siryn
Skin
StrongGuy
Sunspot
Surge
Synch
Wallflower(HouseofM)
Warlock(MTech)
Warpath
Whither(PreMDay)
WindDancer(PreMDay)
Wolfesbane
Jubilee
Tag
Apocalypse
Avalanche
Balasco
BlackTomCassidy(PreM-Day)
Blob(PreM-Day)
Brainchild
CameronHodge(X-TinctionAgenda)
CountNeferia
Cyber
DarkBeast
Deathbird
DonaldPierce
Emplate
Exodus
FabianCortez
Famine
Gamesmaster
Garrok
Gauntlet
Gazer(War)
Genesis
Gideon
GoblinQueen
Gorgon(EnemyOfTheState)
Holocaust
Kane(WeaponX)
KidOmega(RiotatXavier's)
LadyDeathstrike
Magneto(PreM-Day)
Mastermind
Mesmero(PreM-Day)
Mr.Sinister
MosesMagnum
Mystique
NewSon
Nimrod
Nuke
OmegaRed
Ozymandias
Pestilence
Pyro
Reaper(PreM-Day)
Riptide
SabastianShaw
Sabretooth
Sauron
Scalphunter
Selene
Senyaka
ShinobiShaw
SilverSamarai
Spiral
SoniaBlaze
Stryfe
SugarMan
TrevorFitzroy
Tusk
Uniscone
UnustheUntouchable
Vargas
Vertigo
War
Wildside
Washout(WeaponX)
X-Cutioner
Zaladane
Ahab
Xi'anChiXan
ShaktiHaddad
Metalhead
Bloodhawk
Skullfire
Junkpile
HalloweenJack
LaLunatica
Breakdown
BrimstoneLove
Bloodstorm
BrotherVoodoo
Constrictor
Deadgirl
Deathloc
Death'sHeadII
Dusk
Fallen
Gravity
HisakoIchiki
Hornet
J2
MoonKnight
Prodigy(Slingers)
Prowler
Sleepwalker
Quake
Ch'vayre
PaibokthePowerSkrull
Vengance
Arkon
Basilisk
BaronBlood
Star-Lord
Controller
Darkstar
Domina
Dreadnaught
Empath
Pluto
KillerShrike
ProfessorPower
Petra
PlantMan
WillO'TheWisp
SquirrelGirl
Doorman
BigBertha
Mr.Immortal
WildThing
Darkdevil
JimHammond
Demask
Harvest
GeorgeousGeorge
Ruckus
SuperSabre
Her
Korath


Last edited by Phaedrus45; 09-23-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:59 PM   #45
Trigger
Loeb Killed Me Off
 
Trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In Your Subconcious
Posts: 2,159
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

yay for Phaed! I really didn't want to go and get rid of the spaces myself.

__________________
[Space For Rent]
Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #46
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Make sure you take a good look at the list. I missed three characters with spaces. I think I've got them all now, though.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #47
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Complete list of 512 from the following participants have been submitted to Wiegeabo:

Hellstormer
Phaedrus45
Wolverine25th
Zoken


I take it your list is finished, Wiegeabo? Let me know, and I'll add you to the list of finished.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #48
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,176
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

So we dont actually number our list?

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:26 PM   #49
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,056
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

No, just put the names of the characters you want more towards the top.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #50
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,765
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere
So we dont actually number our list?
If you've numbered it, just send it to me, and I'll remove that and the spaces if it's a hassle. I'm caught up on everything...now, I'm going to do the brackets.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.