The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #51
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 48,707
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Good work on the list Phaed. This should make things simple now.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:40 PM   #52
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,818
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

OK, I just spent a while on the brackets and kept coming up with two extra characters. Now, I know why. My original numbering got messed up. SO, we need a vote.

Which two characters do you think are the weakest, and should be eliminated?

My picks are Jubilee and Ring Leader.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:45 PM   #53
kytrigger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,457
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
OK, I just spent a while on the brackets and kept coming up with two extra characters. Now, I know why. My original numbering got messed up. SO, we need a vote.

Which two characters do you think are the weakest, and should be eliminated?

My picks are Jubilee and Ring Leader.
Sounds good to me...

kytrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #54
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Jubilee's actually got some potential, although that may not be her most known version. But her wiki bio gives her powers that aren't bad. Being able to avoid psionic detection would be a huge benefit in the contest.

Ring Leader, yeah we don't really need him.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #55
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,818
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo
Jubilee's actually got some potential, although that may not be her most known version. But her wiki bio gives her powers that aren't bad. Being able to avoid psionic detection would be a huge benefit in the contest.

Ring Leader, yeah we don't really need him.
Besides Ring Leader, who would you like to dispose of? I notice nobody is really fighting of The Vulture. He is a major Spidey villian...but, has kind of turned into a joke recently.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #56
hippy fascist
Banned User
 
hippy fascist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In bed with your mom
Posts: 10,099
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
Besides Ring Leader, who would you like to dispose of? I notice nobody is really fighting of The Vulture. He is a major Spidey villian...but, has kind of turned into a joke recently.
If this is without prep-time I can't see forge being of much use

hippy fascist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:43 PM   #57
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy fascist
If this is without prep-time I can't see forge being of much use

...I will BREAK you!




We get 24 hours of prep-time where your character gets the opponent's name and can research and prepare using only resources they'd normally have and use.


The Vulture might be one to get rid of. Depends how strong/durable he is and what inventions he can create in 24 hours.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:14 PM   #58
Trigger
Loeb Killed Me Off
 
Trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In Your Subconcious
Posts: 2,159
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
OK, I just spent a while on the brackets and kept coming up with two extra characters. Now, I know why. My original numbering got messed up. SO, we need a vote.

Which two characters do you think are the weakest, and should be eliminated?

My picks are Jubilee and Ring Leader.
Ring Leader for sure. Jubes has potential.

__________________
[Space For Rent]
Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #59
hippy fascist
Banned User
 
hippy fascist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In bed with your mom
Posts: 10,099
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

leave jubilee alone, she pwns

can we get rid of wolverine, if we're doing current power level he's basically immortal which is kinda pointless

hippy fascist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #60
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 48,707
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

What constitutes a win in these matches? ie death / incapacitation etc

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:31 PM   #61
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Any kind of incapacitation. If that means taking away they're ability to fight or killing them, so be it. As long as it's not out of character.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #62
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

How long does the incapacitation have to last? For instance, Mr. Immortal. They kill him and assume they've one they're going to get attacked from behind viciously in a matter of seconds. Its his major power. It's his only power.

Also, Question about some character's who's powers haven't been fully explained: Molly Hayes and Doorman specifically. her powers maybe psionic making meaning they'd affect a being who is phase shifted or otherwise incorporeal. Doorman has been promoted to Cosmic Avatar for Oblivion. one would assume this comes with several power bonuses. hence my questions.

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #63
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,818
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman/Psylocke
What constitutes a win in these matches? ie death / incapacitation etc
Just if you incapacitate your opponent....or the voters believe that your character could take your opponent out of the fight.

Oh, and Wolverine stays. Some of the cosmic powers could possibly take him down without a problem.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:01 PM   #64
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

another questionable person would be the Purple-Man. He takes over people, EXCEPT those with the force of will to resist. who decides who has the force of will?

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #65
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,818
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoken
another questionable person would be the Purple-Man. He takes over people, EXCEPT those with the force of will to resist. who decides who has the force of will?
Who decides is the voters. If you are going against someone, like Purple Man, remember it's your debate that will be the deciding factor. Sometimes, you will get an opponent who will say, "(Character A) would be able to (some feat)." It's up to you to debate that supposed feat. Many points in a debate where dismissed by voters with a participant simply pointing out the fact that such vast display of feats simply haven't been done. (Of course, sometimes that doesn't mean much, as I pointed out that Forge has never accomplished what was said he'd accomplish in the fight with Molecule Man!!!! Oh yea, you will be bitter about things for quite a while.)

One of the biggest advantages for every match is the 24-hour prep time. If someone, like Xavier, happens to get the luck of the draw and goes against Purple Man, the owner might very well have the perfect plan in beating him.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:58 PM   #66
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 48,707
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Does everyone end up wanting to kill each other in this game?

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #67
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,818
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

As you can see, I purposefully avoided talking about the lasting bitterness this competition brings out during recruiting.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:37 PM   #68
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,205
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

My thoughts on vulture is that he has one trick up his sleeve that could be good for him. One of his resources would be the gauntlets that make him young and pretty much instantly train his foe of their youth and makes them pretty much old and frail. That can win him a few rounds right there.

I think Ring Leader is a good pick to go, and I think that maybe Jubilee could go as well, if not here than one of the later characters that we just added a few days back.

And I'll get my list up sometime soon, but it'll be a few days probably.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:34 PM   #69
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,818
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

ok, RingLeader is gone.

Here is the list for the last character to leave. Put in order who you want to leave being #1, and who you want to stay the most at #5

Jubilee
Vulture
RedGhost
Vengance
Star-Lord

I picked the last two added and three that nobody yet is really screaming over. Red Ghost was neat with his apes, but is without them in the contest. He still might be powerful, I'm just not sure how powerful.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:19 AM   #70
kytrigger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,457
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Vulture
RedGhost
Star-Lord
Jubilee
Vengance

kytrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:22 AM   #71
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Vulture
RedGhost
Star-Lord
Vengance
Jubilee

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:25 AM   #72
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,818
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Jubilee
Vulture
RedGhost
Vengance
Star-Lord

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:46 AM   #73
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Vengance
Star-Lord
RedGhost
Vulture
Jubilee

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:53 AM   #74
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Vulture
Vengance
Star-Lord
RedGhost
Jubilee

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 07:25 AM   #75
hippy fascist
Banned User
 
hippy fascist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In bed with your mom
Posts: 10,099
Default Re: Official Contest of Marvels II Discussion Thread

Vulture
RedGhost
Vengance
Star-Lord
Jubilee

STOP PICKING ON JUBILEE











hippy fascist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.