The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: Wil Jason have tactile telekinesis?
Yes 5 25.00%
No 14 70.00%
Some of that TTK 1 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2006, 08:36 AM   #26
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Default Re: {{{The SUPER Custody Battle}}}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesyeed
I agree. THANK YOU, BRYAN!!!

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if you want to kill the franchise, go right ahead. . . .

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."

Last edited by Bad Superman; 10-03-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:54 AM   #27
WormyT
Side-Kick

Hahahah!!
That Manip is hilarious.

Oh man, I hate SR so much it's not even funny anymore. I must be at peace. Wake me up in 20 years when we get a real Superman movie.

WormyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:18 AM   #28
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickbateman
bruce wayne steps in and makes him Robin
great minds......

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #29
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesyeed
Let's try this again since my last jason thread was closed for noooooooo reason.

This time I know it will stay open.

1. This has never been discussed here before.
2. It's going to generate good discussion.
3. I'm not drunk

So let's do this.

What I would like to discuss today with my friends at the hype is the possibility of a custody battle over the best character ever, Jason Lane White Kent. He has, as you all know, no idea who his real daddy is, but as lois disovered on that boat during the great "piano chucking incident" the daddy is supes. Now, let's get down to business.

Richard is legally the boy's daddy, I believe. Well... I guess... cuz I don't know how that works. Do you fathers out there have to sign a paper that says you are legally a parent and all that? i know my uncle did that for me when I was in his custody... he had to sign a paper that legally made him responsible for me etc...

So I figure that Richard might not want Superman to be involved with his son's upbringing. This is interesting stuff. What will superman do now?

We all sat there for a loooong time watchnig superman save a plane and then get beaten and then go lift a huge chunk of rock in to space and then go to the hospital and rest a bit before going to his kid's house and repeating his own father's last words to his son that he said because he was going to die, but of course superman's not going to die. He's "always around!" so I guess he was just saying brando's words to be spiritual and all that...

Anyway what's supey going to do? Should he fight for his boy? Certainly he would have discovered Lois' son was his eventually whether she told him or not. Sure it'd be a surprise but I'm more than sure he'd want to raise his boy, not let some other guy do it.

On the other side of the coin is Richard. He thinks the kid is his! UH oh... When he finds out that his little troopers didn't quite swim as fast as a speeding bullet, there's so much emotionally that he'll need to endure now that he's been REALLY put in the ring with Superman contending for Lois. Before he had the edge of being Lois' kid's pappa. uh uh not anymore, bub....

So I'm thinking perhaps that'll ignite his jealously of supes even more and he'll try to keep Jason from him, and that nice guy we all thought was nice and cool will become the jealous stalker guy instead who trys to keep jason from supes.

This is great drama. People don't see how much potential there is for interesting drama here, I swear. Imagine jason having so many issues after the trials about being different and an outcast that can be explored... Kids at school will hang him on scarecrows and paint an S on his chest, and he'll be hesitant to play sports now with his powers.

And Part of him will want to be with supes, and the other part of him will want to be with Richard.

Who will he be with? That's the question!

And so now I leave it up to you to decide, speculate upon, whatever... go nuts...
If that is the movie, then the sequal will do even worse than Returns.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:14 PM   #30
X Knight
Saber Class

Default The Official Jason White Discussion Thread

Hey all,

Now that Singer has been confirmed for the sequel.........what route should he take in dealing with Jason?

As you know, the KID was a major point of contention in SR. For many fans, like myself, that was probably the major turn off in the movie. Without the kid being Superman's, I probably would have enjoyed much more.

But, the past is done and cannot be changed. Jason is now part of Superman's universe, and Singer MUST address him in the sequel.

So, how should he do it? How should he explore the fact that Jason is Superman's son, not Richard's, but he doesn't even know his real father?

Would Jason feel more loyal to Richard, much like Superman feels more loyal to Jonathan Kent? After all, they were the men who actually raised their respective "sons."

Or, will Singer surprise us and reveal Jason to NOT be Superman's son? Maybe, things weren't all what they seemed in SR regarding Jason?

Will Singer give Jason new powers than his Dad?

Will Superman take Jason to Batman and have the Dark Knight forge Jason into a half-Kryptonian, half-human bad ass ninja????

So....let the speculation begin!!

X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #31
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: What should Singer do with Jason in the sequel?

There are a lot of things that need careful consideration

1) Lois is with Richard
2) Jason
3) Lex knows where the FOS is
4) Lex is still free and alive on an island with Kitty
5) the FOS crystals (which allow Jor-El's vision/voice, and allow Superman to actually do things in the FOS) are on an island in space

All those things need careful consideration.

They've written themselves into a corner (as they did with final character outcomes in X3).

They also have to remember that, at the end of S2, Zod and the others were taken away and put in jail and had no super powers.

I hope anyone connected with the next Superman film bears all these things in mind.

Old 10-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #32
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac
There are a lot of things that need careful consideration

1) Lois is with Richard
2) Jason
3) Lex knows where the FOS is
4) Lex is still free and alive on an island with Kitty
5) the FOS crystals (which allow Jor-El's vision/voice, and allow Superman to actually do things in the FOS) are on an island in space

All those things need careful consideration.

They've written themselves into a corner (as they did with final character outcomes in X3).

They also have to remember that, at the end of S2, Zod and the others were taken away and put in jail and had no super powers.

I hope anyone connected with the next Superman film bears all these things in mind.
S is not a direct sequel to the old donner movies.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #33
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b
S is not a direct sequel to the old donner movies.
Yeah. AND, Zod, Ursa and Non died...they didn't go to jail. They are dead in the depths of the fortress somewhere.

-R

Old 10-28-2006, 09:04 PM   #34
Delete
Side-Kick

Kill the kid.

Delete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:36 PM   #35
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Kill him

Old 10-28-2006, 09:56 PM   #36
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939
Yeah. AND, Zod, Ursa and Non died...they didn't go to jail. They are dead in the depths of the fortress somewhere.

-R
Actually....the theatrical cut of Superman II left it ambiguous as to their fate....while the first showing of the movie on network TV showed the deleted scenes of them being hauled away by the police (yes, some kind of Arctic Police Force was at the FOS with enclosed snowmobiles and took them away).

As for Jason.....does anyone remember the famous "Bobby in the shower scene" from "Dallas"?

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #37
X Knight
Saber Class

no, SR2 will be called........Superboy Begins!!!

Distraught over learning his true heritage, and unable to seek answers from the FOS ( cuz Daddy was careless and left it unattended ), a young Jason journeys around the world on a quest to find his purpose and hone his emerging powers.

After accidentally laying waste to an entire village with a super-sneeze, Jason is thrown into a Butanese prison cell.....when suddenly a shadowy figure emerges........

Jason: "You're heartbeat gave you away"

Shadowy Figure: "Damn it!! I was going to surprise you......anyways, I'm Batman!!" I'm a friend of your fathers."

Jason: "That's funny, my Dad never mentioned you."

Batman: "Never?"

Jason: "Nope"

Batman: (Sobs)........."Jason....my presence here is of utmost importance.......I can show you a path.......I can give you the answers you have been seeking......."

Jason: Stares at Batman blankly.......

Batman: "Jason....if you devote yourself to an ideal.....if you become more than a man...........YOU CAN REALLY KICK SOME SERIOUS A**!!!!"

Jason: "Ok, I'm in! Now let me out of here.....I gotta pee!!"

Old 10-28-2006, 10:25 PM   #38
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

the kids powers are coming in violently. Richard and lois can't handle it. Lois is torn between bring in Supes versus Richard's feelings knowing that it's Supes son.

I don't understand peoples hatred for the kid. The basic premise is "What If Jor-el survived and came back for Clark at age seven?"

TheComicbookKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:27 PM   #39
aquiles
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-bats
Hey all,

Now that Singer has been confirmed for the sequel.........what route should he take in dealing with Jason?

As you know, the KID was a major point of contention in SR. For many fans, like myself, that was probably the major turn off in the movie. Without the kid being Superman's, I probably would have enjoyed much more.

But, the past is done and cannot be changed. Jason is now part of Superman's universe, and Singer MUST address him in the sequel.

So, how should he do it? How should he explore the fact that Jason is Superman's son, not Richard's, but he doesn't even know his real father?

Would Jason feel more loyal to Richard, much like Superman feels more loyal to Jonathan Kent? After all, they were the men who actually raised their respective "sons."

Or, will Singer surprise us and reveal Jason to NOT be Superman's son? Maybe, things weren't all what they seemed in SR regarding Jason?

Will Singer give Jason new powers than his Dad?

Will Superman take Jason to Batman and have the Dark Knight forge Jason into a half-Kryptonian, half-human bad ass ninja????

So....let the speculation begin!!
waste the son of a *****!!!!!!!!!

aquiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:32 PM   #40
mego joe
Side-Kick

SUperboy-Prime continuity punch SR out of existence.

mego joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #41
darthlaney
Kryptonian Son

Jason's here to stay - as predicted a couple of months ago, DC couldn't be far away from creating a 'new superboy'. As of Action Comics 844 this is happening.

We are now stuck with Jason - he is now part of lore.

Check out images below-

Also the \S/ on the belt is in, the belt loops on the jocks have become angled and the jocks themsleves are more short-like, the lower boots are also in- check out this image-

The comics and movies are aligning - new fortress of solitude to match the movies, \S/ shield is drawn looking 3D, boots are lower, belt \S/, collar is higher and Jason is in.

The yellow shield on the cape is still in, in the comics - hopefully this might go the other way and end up in the movies.

DC Comics has accepted Singers changes to the character and are really trying to bring the worlds together.

darthlaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:51 PM   #42
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I want them to explore Jason relationship with SUPERMAN . Also Lois needs to know the truth now.

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:59 PM   #43
X Knight
Saber Class

hmmm......while those comic book pics do include some of Singer's costume designs........they look much better in those comic pics than they did in the movie....lol.

I really think if the S shield had been a tad bigger, and the red in the costume a bit brighter and more vibrant......the movie costume would look so much better. And, perhaps if Routh bulked up a little more........

wait....does that mean Superman in the comics has a kid too????

Old 10-28-2006, 11:47 PM   #44
Rizor
Side-Kick

It's not his, but it looks like he'll be adopting him.

I personally didn't mind the kid in the movie. I actually thought it worked out pretty well, but the further exploration of it is what I'm fearing. I certainly hope it doesn't go down the Superboy path.

Actually, the coolest idea regarding a sequel would be something along the lines of a King Arthur/Mordred type thing where maybe the kryptonite has activated Jason's powers and turns into an evil spawn who Superman must fight in an epic battle.

Rizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:23 AM   #45
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

I never get why people automatically assume Jason has to become Superboy or something in the next movie. Yeah, while he may have shown some powers in SR, that wasn't his point in the film. He was about showing Superman, showing Kal-El, that he isn't alone in the universe. That he has a family. That he, and his species, have a lineage.

In the sequel, I would only expect that plot line to continue. Maybe have Jason, or probably more importantly, have Richard discover he's the son of Superman, and have more development into their relationship.

Personally, I'd be pretty disappointed if they integrated Jason into the action any time soon. By the time I'd think he'd actually be ready for some action (y'know, maybe 16-18 or so), he probably won't even be in the film series for one reason or another.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:30 AM   #46
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaney
Jason's here to stay - as predicted a couple of months ago, DC couldn't be far away from creating a 'new superboy'. As of Action Comics 844 this is happening.

Check out images below-

Also the \S/ on the belt is in, the belt loops on the jocks have become angled and the jocks themsleves are more short-like, the lower boots are also in- check out this image-

The comics and movies are aligning - new fortress of solitude to match the movies, \S/ shield is drawn looking 3D, boots are lower, belt \S/, collar is higher and Jason is in.

The yellow shield on the cape is still in, in the comics - hopefully this might go the other way and end up in the movies.

DC Comics has accepted Singers changes to the character and are really trying to bring the worlds together.
only for this certain part... after this thing is over, it'll go back to the original one that's been used for almost a century.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:39 AM   #47
Kabuki_Jo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8
I want them to explore Jason relationship with SUPERMAN . Also Lois needs to know the truth now.
You want another soap opera?

Kabuki_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:40 AM   #48
Kabuki_Jo
Side-Kick

Kill him or pretend he was never born in the first place.

Kabuki_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:41 AM   #49
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaney

Check out images below-

No, DC isn't. The SR-influenced belt, and other costume designs are decisions made purely by the artist in question. In fact, DC's editorial staff actually made Adam Kubert (the artist on the above pics) limit SR's influence on his suit.

Storyline-wise, the kid in the comics is pretty much purely from the minds of Goeff Johns and Richard Donner. Supposedly this arc of Action Comics is what Donner's Superman III would've been like.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:42 AM   #50
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki_Jo
You want another soap opera?
I want slight amount of drama and actual character growth in a film series, yes.