The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: Wil Jason have tactile telekinesis?
Yes 5 25.00%
No 14 70.00%
Some of that TTK 1 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2006, 12:52 AM   #51
mego joe
Side-Kick

Default Re: What should Singer do with Jason in the sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn
No, DC isn't. The SR-influenced belt, and other costume designs are decisions made purely by the artist in question. In fact, DC's editorial staff actually made Adam Kubert (the artist on the above pics) limit SR's influence on his suit.
agreed

Quote:
Storyline-wise, the kid in the comics is pretty much purely from the minds of Goeff Johns and Richard Donner. Supposedly this arc of Action Comics is what Donner's Superman III would've been like.
Actually, the next arc with Braniac was Donner's idea for Superman III, not this arc. But yes, this is a Johns-Donner concept unrelated to the film. I don't think the kid will make it out of the arc though.

mego joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:57 AM   #52
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaney
Jason's here to stay - as predicted a couple of months ago, DC couldn't be far away from creating a 'new superboy'. As of Action Comics 844 this is happening.

We are now stuck with Jason - he is now part of lore.

Check out images below-

Also the \S/ on the belt is in, the belt loops on the jocks have become angled and the jocks themsleves are more short-like, the lower boots are also in- check out this image-

The comics and movies are aligning - new fortress of solitude to match the movies, \S/ shield is drawn looking 3D, boots are lower, belt \S/, collar is higher and Jason is in.

The yellow shield on the cape is still in, in the comics - hopefully this might go the other way and end up in the movies.

DC Comics has accepted Singers changes to the character and are really trying to bring the worlds together.
That's not Jason. Did you read the comic? Plus Carlos Pacheco over in SUperman, draws SUpes in the classic uniform. Bizarro is in the next issue looking for the kid, there is somethng else going on.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:59 AM   #53
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mego joe
Actually, the next arc with Braniac was Donner's idea for Superman III, not this arc.
Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:54 AM   #54
wellsy
All crews reporting.

I think that Jason provides a very intruiging story possibilities. For example, how will Richard feel when he finds out his "son" is actually Superman's (that'll go down like a lead balloon)? How would Jason react? How would Superman respond to any threats to Jason?

With Luthor knowing Jason's lineage, methinks that could be a good subplot in the next movie. Even if its Braniac or Zod as the main bad guy, Luthor is probably going to suck up to them - he wants Supes dead and himself as ruler of the world.

And i daresay, that would be quite interesting, at least to me.

But seeing him become "Superboy" is not something I want quite yet. I'm not sure I'd actually want it at all, because it would introduce so many horrible cliches .

wellsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:30 AM   #55
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

killing the kid might make things interesting

Old 10-29-2006, 02:22 AM   #56
blind_fury
Banned User

I have the solution.

Have Mxyzptlk transport him to another dimension.

blind_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:40 AM   #57
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee
Actually....the theatrical cut of Superman II left it ambiguous as to their fate....while the first showing of the movie on network TV showed the deleted scenes of them being hauled away by the police (yes, some kind of Arctic Police Force was at the FOS with enclosed snowmobiles and took them away).
Yes, that's right. In either scenario, Zod, Ursa and Non are de-powered. In one case they are in jail, in another they are at the bottom of a glacial crevasse!

These things must be borne in mind by the writers of the next movie since they have established a vague history/homage/requel/whatever-the-hell-it-was....

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:10 AM   #58
ultimatefan
The Batman must come back

I think the kid is gonna be less bland now that hes manifested his powers.

"Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, they deserve to have their faith rewarded." So, thank you for rewarding mine, Mr. Nolan.

This article should be mandatory reading before people argue about movies on the internet:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-common...-always-wrong/.
ultimatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:18 AM   #59
Jasomius
Banned User

Obviously Lex Luthor will be after the kid. Superman and Lois will be talking to each other about how to handle him. And what about Richard? How will he take it?

All thse things will make a great film, along with a great villain. I'm hoping Braniac.

Jasomius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:27 AM   #60
DavidTyler
Side-Kick

What if it were revealed that Clark's journey home from deep space actually took him to a parallel universe and, when he finds his way back to his own, there is no Jason.

I mean, Lois gave birth to him in this continuity so there is no just killing him off without serious repercussions.

DavidTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:36 AM   #61
Jasomius
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTyler
What if it were revealed that Clark's journey home from deep space actually took him to a parallel universe and, when he finds his way back to his own, there is no Jason.

I mean, Lois gave birth to him in this continuity so there is no just killing him off without serious repercussions.
How about we.. don't try and get rid of Jason? That's a simple solution.

Old 10-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #62
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Killing Jason is a rather irrational and harsh solution, IMO, but I do believe Jason's life would be in immediate danger. I say pull an Obi-Wan and get him into hiding. Then wait about two sequels (at the average space of about every three or four years), then have Doomsday show up to kill Kal-El dead dead DEAD, and then bring in Jason as a teenager to assume his father's mantle. Uninventive, perhaps, but it gets the kid out of the way until he can be a useful character.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:48 PM   #63
DavidTyler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasomius
How about we.. don't try and get rid of Jason? That's a simple solution.
The question was: "What should Singer do with Jason in the sequel?"

My answer is find some way to get rid of him without disrupting all of continuity.

If you like the kid, fine. Singer's your man .. er... so to speak. For me, I don't like the idea of the kid. I'd like it better if Singer got rid of him.

Since the WB has invited Singer back for another shot.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #64
Cyrusbales
Side-Kick

KILL OFF THE KID!!!! Simple, it would give superman more character to have his son killed, also he is a crap character that is detracting away from superman, standing for justice, and infidelity.....

Cyrusbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:52 PM   #65
Jasomius
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTyler
The question was: "What should Singer do with Jason in the sequel?"

My answer is find some way to get rid of him without disrupting all of continuity.

If you like the kid, fine. Singer's your man .. er... so to speak. For me, I don't like the idea of the kid. I'd like it better if Singer got rid of him.

Since the WB has invited Singer back for another shot.
Yeah, and my response is the solution to the problems your solution causes.

Singer shouldn't get rid of Jason like that because it would confuse audiences and he would be lampooned by critics.

You can't kill him because that is a sure audience repellant.

And besides, Jason creates so many oppurtunities Singer would be a fool to get rid of him.

Old 10-29-2006, 02:14 PM   #66
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, and my response is the solution to the problems your solution causes.

Singer shouldn't get rid of Jason like that because it would confuse audiences and he would be lampooned by critics.

You can't kill him because that is a sure audience repellant.

And besides, Jason creates so many oppurtunities Singer would be a fool to get rid of him.
But to the other half of fandom, Jason's very existence IS an audience repellent.

Following your other reasoning then, Singer will get rid of him. (hint: Singer is a fool)

Old 10-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #67
Jasomius
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mego joe
But to the other half of fandom, Jason's very existence IS an audience repellent.
Fans make up a tiny percentage of the movie going audience.

Quote:
Following your other reasoning then, Singer will get rid of him. (hint: Singer is a fool)
I'm not so childish as to call a director names because he made a film I didn't like

Old 10-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #68
Superman Pwnage
Banned User

Keep Jason alive and follow whatever route the comics are taking with it;

Personally, I would want them to attempt the Death of Superman arc in about 10 years with the 4th film. Jason would be 16ish by then and old enough to take on the name Kon-El.

Superman Pwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:43 PM   #69
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

I still think they should do some version of the "Dallas Scenerio".....and make Jason just a dream of Lois's.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #70
Jasomius
Banned User

Quote:
I still think they should do some version of the "Dallas Scenerio".....and make Jason just a dream of Lois's.
The movie would be laughed out of theaters.

...Or are you joking?

Old 10-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #71
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
The movie would be laughed out of theaters.

...Or are you joking?
Nope...not joking. Too many people were dissappointed by the Jason plot (fanboys and non fans alike). Superman is a fantasy/science fiction genre....so, having the first movie a dream or other dimension or some other similar idea would work.

The way the "dream" was used in Dallas was laugh provoking...because it wasn't a sci-fi show....but it could work here. Think of it...Superman may have left Earth to explore Krypton....but he hasn't really returned yet. He was captured by Brainiac, who is using some kind of mind control device to break him. He makes Supes believe that he has gone back to Earth and everything has gone wrong (demoted in his job, Lois no longer likes him, she's moved on with another man and has a kid, Lex was set free because of his leaving, etc...).....the old sci-fi staple of the "it's all a dream/mind control" trick.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #72
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

hmm......that's an interesting idea C. Lee.....

but.....if Singer was planning that scenario....wouldn't he had left some kind of "hint" at the end of the 1st film? A hint that all is not what it seems.......

Also, wouldn't that kind of make the first film a 2 and a half hour, $200+ million dream plot that never happened????

X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:06 PM   #73
DavidTyler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nope...not joking. Too many people were dissappointed by the Jason plot (fanboys and non fans alike). Superman is a fantasy/science fiction genre....so, having the first movie a dream or other dimension or some other similar idea would work.

The way the "dream" was used in Dallas was laugh provoking...because it wasn't a sci-fi show....but it could work here. Think of it...Superman may have left Earth to explore Krypton....but he hasn't really returned yet. He was captured by Brainiac, who is using some kind of mind control device to break him. He makes Supes believe that he has gone back to Earth and everything has gone wrong (demoted in his job, Lois no longer likes him, she's moved on with another man and has a kid, Lex was set free because of his leaving, etc...).....the old sci-fi staple of the "it's all a dream/mind control" trick.

Not only do I really like your plot, I think it would make for a great movie. I'd love to see this.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #74
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-bats
hmm......that's an interesting idea C. Lee.....
Thanks...I actually only thought of it today.

Quote:
but.....if Singer was planning that scenario....wouldn't he had left some kind of "hint" at the end of the 1st film? A hint that all is not what it seems.......
I didn't say that that was what he was planning, just a possible scenerio. After the bad feelings many have expressed of some of the plot lines in the first movie, it is very easy to write the second one with this change in mind...shoot some new scenes to be inserted into a re-release of the SR DVD to explain it (similar to the extended versions of the Lord of the Rings movies that filled in some plot holes)...and there you have it.

Quote:
Also, wouldn't that kind of make the first film a 2 and a half hour, $200+ million dream plot that never happened????
There have been several movies that have been dream plots...so there's precedent for it.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #75
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

well....if Singer does something like that......then I can forgive him.........other than that...I'm really not excited to see the sequel.....

X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote