Scorpio
Victor
Cloak
Thailfi
Random
Maxam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:35 AM   #252
DarkHellRider
Side-Kick

Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Scorpio
Victor
Cloak
Thialif
Hisako
Maxam

Old 11-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #253
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Scorpio - I want some easy debates like this
Shinobi Shaw - an underrated character
Cloak - I love Kitty but something about this particular match, the debate and that awesome picture used convinces me
Wrecker (by a hair ) - I'll go along with Trigger
Random - I like Hisako a lot more than Random but not sure that she can pull this one off
Maxam - Pummel that diseased bum

Old 11-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #254
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger
Wrecker (though I thought it was my choice if it was between two of my own characters?)
It is your choice. But, we still vote, regardless. Also, sometimes a vote will give you an indication of what the other voters think of your two characters.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #255
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Final Results:

Scorpio beat Killer Shrike 16-0
Victor Mancha beat Shinobi Shaw 12-4
Kitty Pryde beat Cloak 10-6
Wrecker beat Thialfi 11-5
Hisako Ichiki beat Random 12-4
Maxam beat Microbe 13-3

Old 11-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #256
Harlekin
Business

Nice job JH, you deserved it. I actually can't say the same about me with Hisako, but I'm not going to jinx my own look. Nicely played though Wieg, it was a pleasure, as always.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:09 PM   #257
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Thankfully, the Microbe ordeal is finally over. Trigger did very well with this piece of **** character against one of my better guys, particularly in the first round.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #258
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

I don't know how you did it Harl, but you did it well. I thought I was going to get that match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:05 AM   #259
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

BRACKET 5,

Match 9:

Vengence (HIPPY FASCIST) bio

vs.

Moondragon (ICEMAN/PSYLOCKE) bio

Match 10:

Daredevil (HARLEKIN) bio

vs.

Mantis (DARKHELLRIDER) bio

Old 11-10-2006, 02:55 AM   #260
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

BRACKET 6,

Match 9:

Tigra (TRIGGER) bio

vs.

Ch'vayre (ICEMAN/PSYLOCKE) bio

Match 10:

Dust (ZOKEN) bio

vs.

Synch (KYTRIGGER) bio

Old 11-10-2006, 04:51 AM   #261
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Opening Comments: MOONDRAGON Vs VENGEANCE

I’ll keep this short (for once) as we have a severe mismatch on our hands.

Moondragon’s psionic powers alone are so developed that she was able to take mental control of all the inhabitants of an entire planet. She was even able to kill Drax using these powers. Badilino shouldn’t pose any problem.

During prep time she can probe the mind of Vengeance so that she is aware of any tricks he may try such as his penance stare. There will be no physical battle but even if there was, Vengeance would still have no chance against a cosmic being trained in combat by the father of Thanos in Titan since she was a young girl.

Vengeance is way out of his league here.

WINNER = MOONDRAGON

Last edited by Iceman; 11-10-2006 at 05:05 AM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:23 AM   #262
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

While the dimension of Otherworld is also known as Avalon, the island of Avalon is actually only a small part of the large dimension that is Otherworld. Other places within this dimension include Fomor, home of the Fomorians, Annwn, home of the dead, and many other locales associated with Celtic mythology. The Starlight Citadel is home of Roma and the base of the Captain Britain Corps.
In general, Otherworld is a High fantasy world; gods, elves, dragons and many more live within small towns and large castles with no heavy industry. Large forests and bright lakes separate the several islands and locations from one another. Otherworld is not primitive though, while sorcery and magic is a part of daily life, the Captain Britain Corps and Avalon possess highly advanced technology.

History

In ancient times, there were many ways to travel from Earth to Avalon and back, created by powerful men known as the Twelve Walkers. Six of the Twelve Walkers became corrupt and created false paths that would lead travellers to dangerous places or insanity. The actions of these evil Walkers caused a backlash from the human inhabitants of Earth against all magical creatures and many of these creatures followed the paths to relocate to Otherworld. Most of the paths between Earth and Avalon were destroyed and only a few remain.
After the death of King Arthur, his body was taken to Avalon by Merlyn. Somehow the city of Camelot was also taken to Avalon, including all the Knights of the Round Table.

Merlyn, Roma and the Starlight Citadel

Merlyn created the Starlight Citadel, located on a different island than Avalon. From the Starlight Citadel he founded the Captain Britain Corps, a group of superhuman heroes who would patrol the countless Earths in the Omniverse. Merlyn became the Omniversal Guardian and was assisted in his task by the Omniversal Majestor/Majestrix. His task was to safeguard the Omniverse against any threats and the technology Merlyn provided was capable of destroying entire universes that were a threat. When Mad Jim Jaspers appeared, Merlyn faked his death and was replaced by Roma as Omniversal Guardian. Saturnyne became the Omniversal Majestrix.
Years later, Mastermind conquered the island of the Starlight Citadel, destroyed most of the Captain Britain Corps and disguised himself as Roma. Mastermind wanted the Amulet of Right and the Sword of Might, two mystical artifacts who had once empowered Brian Braddock, also known as Captain Britain and his enemy Joshua Stragg, the Reaver. Braddock found the artifacts before Mastermind and discovered that he was the rightful heir to these artifacts. He used them to defeat Mastermind and Roma named him the new ruler of Otherworld, while she remained as his advisor. Brian recently left his throne after the events in House of M and returned to Earth.

The island of Avalon and the Celtic Gods

On the island of Avalon, home to the Celtic Gods also known as the Tuatha da Danaan, Druids would forge the magical artifact known as the Evil Eye. The Eye was given to Prester John, who travelled back to Earth with it. The Celtic Gods themselves would have an endless war with the Fomorians, who would try to invade Avalon repeatedly. The Celtic Gods would receive assistance from Thor in repelling several invasions.
One of the Celtic Gods, the Lady of the Lake safeguarded Excalibur, King Arthur's sword. She became a close ally of the Black Knight and even gave him Excalibur when he lost his weapon, the Ebony Sword. Years later, the Lady of the Lake gave the Black Knight his new weapons: the Sword of Light and the Shield of Night. In return the Black Knight became her protector. The Black Knight would often travel between Earth and Avalon and seek the Lady of the Lake for advice.

For ease, we'll figure everyone is transported to a different area within Avalon. Since last time we didn't have any inhabitants, this time we will have people within the city.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #263
Zoken
Side-Kick

Dust vs. Synch

This would be a touch match, make no mistake. They have the same advantage in prep-time in that they will both be in the X-Men's database and thus both would be able to learn about each other. Now, Dust is an enigma in that she appears to be rather peaceful, but we have seen that she will kill to protect herself. I think the deciding factor in this fight would be experience. Dust knows her powers better. Synch may be able to copy powers, but they are hers. she knows how to use them.

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #264
hippy fascist
Banned User

Vengeance Vs. Moondragon

Ok fairly simple one this. She can't actually harm him. End of story. She's a very powerful psychic, against virtually any opponent in this contest she would dominate but she can't harm him meaning that she can only act defensively, putting the ball in vengeances court. Here's how he's going to whup that slapheads ass:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondragon's wiki bio
Powers and abilities

Moondragon has considerable psionic powers, including telepathy, which enables her to read minds and communicate mentally with others, control minds, fire bolts of psionic energy that can stun an opponent (or even render them brain dead), and induce mental illusions in other people. She also has the psychic ability of telekinesis, an ability that lets her move, lift, and manipulate most forms of physical matter using only her thoughts, levitate herself upwards into the air into flight, create shields and barriers of pure psychic force, and fire blasts of concussive psychokinetic energy.
Moondragon is also a highly skilled martial artist and has been taught by the monks of Titan to have complete control over her body functions such as breathing. She also is highly knowledgeable in various scientific disciplines such as biology and genetics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengeance's wiki bio
Possesses supernatural strength, is immune to non-magical harm, rides a mystical flame cycle that can travel across any surface and attain incredible speeds, can use his Penance Stare which forces those who meet his gaze to experience the pain they have caused others, can project both regular and ethereal flame offensively, has removable shoulder spikes which regenerate. He also wields a bone chain which offers many forms of attack and is extremely sturdy.
1.I say again...SHE CANNOT HARM HIM IN ANY WAY!

2.Without the dragon of the moon her powers were significantly reduced. Remember she died and her soul passed into another body sans dragon meaning she is not firing on all cylinders here. Another advantage to vengeance.

3. She killed her own father, enslaved a planet, tried to eradicate both the defenders and the avengers while under the influence of the dragon. While these things were not her decision that does not matter as the penance stare is about what you have done (whether under control of another being or not). One look from vengeance and she's going to be a quivering mess rocking back and forth on the floor crying.

4.Even if she can create illusions this will not harm him and given that he is essentially a vengeance demon in this form he can go all day whereas moondragon will tire over time.

5. With the sheer number of people around getting a lock on vengeance will be tricky (she is not at full power remember) to say the least. He on the other hand can move at ridiculous speeds on any surface on account of his bike, further increasing the difficulty.

6.He can fire flames of both natural and etherial nature, has a bone chain that could essentially be used (for this match at least) as a lasso. He would catch her round the neck and drag her along behind his bike (he's going to be moving so fast that this will happen in SECONDS). No matter how powerful a psychic you are, even charles xavier has to concentrate to use his powers. Try doing that while youre being smashed into a variety of obstacles while travelling at immense speeds, repeatedly smacking your head into the ground etc, while someone is dousing you in flames. Moondragon is not super durable, she will die quite quickly once he starts laying into her.

7.Can you even psychically control a vengeance demon? Show me an example and I'll accept this point but i've never seen any evidence of it myself.

She got a bad draw and could have been a tough opponent for many of my characters but in this match she just doesn't stand a chance.

Once more to really hammer the point home. SHE CANNOT HARM HIM IN ANY WAY!

WINNER: VENGEANCE!

hippy fascist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #265
hippy fascist
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman/Psylocke
Opening Comments: MOONDRAGON Vs VENGEANCE

I’ll keep this short (for once) as we have a severe mismatch on our hands.
indeed her incredibly powerful attacks are competely nullified by his resistance to non-magical damage. It's a miss-match but you were wrong about which character would have the advantage.

Quote:
Moondragon’s psionic powers alone are so developed that she was able to take mental control of all the inhabitants of an entire planet. She was even able to kill Drax using these powers. Badilino shouldn’t pose any problem.
1.This was while under the control, and augmented by the dragon. No longer the case so none of this applies to this fight
2.What is she going to do get the people tp hit him which will have no effect on him
3.If the people get in his way he will simply swat them aside or burn them alive causing a stampede in moondragon's direction
4.I say again, can you even control the mind of a vengeance demon. Do they even have what would be traditionally defined as a mind

Quote:
During prep time she can probe the mind of Vengeance so that she is aware of any tricks he may try such as his penance stare. There will be no physical battle but even if there was, Vengeance would still have no chance against a cosmic being trained in combat by the father of Thanos in Titan since she was a young girl.
1) she's not a cosmic being, drax was human and transformed into his current form as a re-animated corpse. Moondragon is HUMAN
2)Vengeance's whereabouts is currently unknown, even with 24 hours she will not be able to find him to scan him
3)Seriously, read vengeance's bio, she can knock him about all day and it will do NOTHING!

Quote:
Vengeance is way out of his league here.

WINNER = MOONDRAGON
In terms of notariety and powers yes he's out of his league, but even THE SENTRY couldn't harm him since only magical attacks effect him. This contest is over before it starts, that's the problem with a random draw, you may come up against the one character you cannot beat in the contest and go out in the first round as a result of this. Condolences man but that's just the way it is...

WINNER: VENGEANCE!

Old 11-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #266
hippy fascist
Banned User

I'm going away for the weekend but I'll try to check in on my matches when i can (going to see the folks and they only have a 56k )

This means that most of my debating will be done on sunday. Sorry to my opponents but i figured the least I could do was give you ample warning.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #267
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45

Dust (ZOKEN) bio

vs.

Synch (KYTRIGGER) bio

Unfortunately for Dust, this isn't a very fair match-up.

For those that don't know, Synch's mutant power is the ability to duplicate another mutant's powers when they are within a certain distance of him. What makes him different than most other "mimic" type characters though is that once he has their powers, he is generally better at using them then the original mutant.
The best example is when he mimiced Jubilee's powers. Now as most of you kow, Jubilee's powers are considered mediocre by some, and downright crappy by others (not really how I think, but many people do). She can short out electronics and have small concussive blasts that also blind people. When Synch mimiced her powers, he was able to detonate matter on a sub-atomic level just by looking. That is a SERIOUS power upgrade. He doesn't just mimic the abilities, he masters them as well.

Now both will know about as much as the other since both have access to the X-Men database, so neither really gets a prep advantage here. Although Synch does get another advantage in that he can also "track" a mutant's aura so he will be able to find Dust easier than she can find him. It's a little advantage, but not much.

Basically, once he gets anywhere near Dust, he will have her powers, and be able to control them better than she can. Since she has control over dust and sand, he would most likely just force her to convert to sand herself and spread her all over the place. She'll fight back, but he will have much more control and power than her and she will just be fighting a losing battle.

Winner-Synch

kytrigger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #268
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Rebuttal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoken
Dust vs. Synch

This would be a touch match, make no mistake. They have the same advantage in prep-time in that they will both be in the X-Men's database and thus both would be able to learn about each other.
agree with you here...

Quote:
Now, Dust is an enigma in that she appears to be rather peaceful, but we have seen that she will kill to protect herself. I think the deciding factor in this fight would be experience. Dust knows her powers better. Synch may be able to copy powers, but they are hers. she knows how to use them.
Obviously I disagree (wouldn't be much of a debate if I didn't ) Synch has been shown to constantly mimic powers AND be much better at using them than the original mutant. I used the example of Jubilee earlier, and even though her powers might seem somewhat weak, she has a lot of experience using them. She had a very firm grasp on her powers, but Synch showed her up after having them for a few seconds.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #269
Zoken
Side-Kick

Rebuttle:

She doesn't controll all dust and sand, she just controls the dust and sand taht she turns into. Now maybe Synch would be able to do partial transformations or do some Sandman like feats, but there is no proof that he could control her dust. Is it even possible for him to mimic the mutant signature of such a dissassociated body as hers?

Old 11-11-2006, 04:57 AM   #270
Harlekin
Business

OPENING ARGUMENT: Daredevil vs Mantis

My strategy in this case is quite simple. Daredevil is awesome. Mantis is not. So how does that aid Daredevil in beating Mantis, someone you'd normally class as being out of his league? That's easy, you silly goose, he does it by seducing her. Matt Murdock quite simply uses his well documented powers of Deus Ex Manwhore. She's going to surrender before either even lifts a finger against each other.

Don't just vote Daredevil.
Vote Matt Murdock, manwhore extraordinaire.

WINNER=DAREDEVIL

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #271
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Rebuttle:

She doesn't controll all dust and sand, she just controls the dust and sand taht she turns into. Now maybe Synch would be able to do partial transformations or do some Sandman like feats, but there is no proof that he could control her dust. Is it even possible for him to mimic the mutant signature of such a dissassociated body as hers?
Rebuttal

I am sure it is possible for him to mimic her signature even in that form. She still has control of her own mutant powers, which means that there is a central link (most likely her mind). Now, if she turned into sand, and then had no control over herself still, then he might not be able to mimic her powers, butit wouldn't matter since she would be screwed anyway.

And you're right that there is no tellnig what he could do with her powers since he has never had them, I was just making an educated guess. Who would of thought he could blow stuff up sub-atomically with Jubilee's powers? The point is though that Synch would be able to Mimic her powers, and have a full understanding of them and be more powerful than her. That has been proven before. When Synch is up against another mutant, he has an instant (and rather large) advantage. Another feasible option is that with Dust's powers, he can most likely access her latent abilities which Dust might not even know she is capable of.

Winner- Synch

Old 11-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #272
Zoken
Side-Kick

god damnit. This match up sucks. against a lot of others Dust would kick ass. how is it most of my matches are against just the wrong people?

I still say Dust's experience with her own powers give her the edge over Synch, and right here right now I'm putting my fingers in my ears and going "LALALALALALALLAALALLALALALALA!"

Old 11-12-2006, 10:35 PM   #273
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Quote:
god damnit. This match up sucks. against a lot of others Dust would kick ass. how is it most of my matches are against just the wrong people?

I still say Dust's experience with her own powers give her the edge over Synch, and right here right now I'm putting my fingers in my ears and going "LALALALALALALLAALALLALALALALA!"
Yeah, it does suck. I really like Dust too. I picked Synch just hoping I could get a couple of rounds against mutants, and I got lucky.

*relizes you couldn't hear what I said and repeats it in sign language*

Old 11-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #274
Zoken
Side-Kick

*clenches eyes and "Lalala"s even louder.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #275
Trigger
Loeb Killed Me Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
BRACKET 6,

Match 9:

Tigra (TRIGGER) bio

vs.

Ch'vayre (ICEMAN/PSYLOCKE) bio

Tigra takes this one pretty easily. Normally I'd make some long debate about every little detail, but I don't think we need one of those kind of arguments for this match-up. Simply put, Tigra has fought tougher with the Avengers and given her experience in comparison to Ch'vayre, she could easily take this one.

Winner= Tigra.