The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #26
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,250
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

I will do that, but honestly, if he was in New Warriors, chances are he wasnt that powerful a foe.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #27
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

It says in the entry that he cast the New Warriors through out the time stream and they only stopped him because his girlfriend (also in possession of a Ka-Stone) reassembled them and made him realize he was being an ass. He can manipulate time when he was fighting the New Warriors.

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #28
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,190
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Here's the best bio I could find for the Sphinx and it gives his bio and powers and such in detail.

Quote:
Strength Level: The Sphinx possessed superhuman strength and could lift (press) about 85 tons. (Note: When the Sphinx possessed the power of the central computer of Xandar, he could increase his strength far over the Class 100 level, enabling him to lift far over 100 tons.)

Known Superhuman Powers: The Sphinx possessed the power of the Ka stone, an ancient jewel of unknown origin, apparently sentient, which enabled its wearer to manipulate vast amounts of mystical energy in various forms. He could project the mystical energy as beams of concussive force, light, or heat. He could channel the stone's energies into his own body, augmenting his physical strength. The Ka stone also enabled the Sphinx to "read" minds and to retain all the information he thereby acquired. Using the Ka stone he could drain vast quantities of energy from other sources into himself, further augmenting his superhuman powers. The Sphinx could also use the Ka stone to enable himself to fly unaided through an atmosphere or through the vacuum of space unharmed. The stone gave him extraordinarily high resistance to physical injury and enabled him to exist indefinitely without oxygen.

The Sphinx could temporarily deplete most of the Ka stone's available energy through use. He restored its power through meditation, usually surrounded by an energy-pyramid, which he generated around himself.

The Ka stone, when whole, granted the Sphinx immortality. Incomplete, it slowly began to disintegrate.

or a time the Sphinx possessed tremendous quantities of energy
Pretty much all of this is okay. The stone isn't whole, as he isn't immortal, but a lot of the main paragraph is within grasp... just don't abuse it. Remember that it's power can be depleated, and I doubt you'll have time to recharge it. If anything in here is questionable, bring it up so Phaed and I can make a decision on it. He's a tough character, no question about it.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #29
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Okay, just by that source, Her bombs are useless as it plainly says he can drain energy into his own body augmenting his powers. reading her mind he can avoid her attacks and know about any special tricks. all he would need to do is land a single good punch on her and she would be down for the count. he's a class 85, she has no strength augmentation.

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #30
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,190
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

This isn't me debating, just asking. I can't remember, but for some reason I thought he could only drain magical energies... and I thought he had very limited telepathy. Am I wrong on that? Does anyone know?

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #31
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

This quoting here only says "energy". and it also says that he can read minds and retain everything he learns. that sounds like a pretty good mind reader, however at the very least, it sounds like the X-Man Prodigy who admitted that that power allowed him to foresee his opponents attacks.

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #32
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,190
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Well, until we see proof from other bios that he has limited energy draining abilities and telepathy, I say that bio stands.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #33
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,250
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

The bios ive read have only mentioned mystical energies. If Zoken can provide one that says differently im all for taking a gander at it.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #34
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

I haven't seen one that says he can only drain MYSTICAL energy. I'm relying on the ones posted here. The Wiki article didn't go into his powers too well, and based on this one, he can drain energy (It doesn't specify that he can only drain Mystical energy, it only says energy) and read minds remember everything he learns from them. he can fire concussive beams of mystical energy, class 85, etc, etc. How about this that we know he could do during the New Warriors run; he could just throw Meltdown into the Ice age.

I invite you to show me a bio that specifies mystical energy or specifies limited telepathy.

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #35
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,250
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

The very bio posted in the first post states:

Quote:
The Sphinx possessed the power of the Ka stone, an ancient jewel of unknown origin, apparently sentient, which enabled its wearer to manipulate vast amounts of mystical energy in various forms.
Why it would specifically say mystical energy is cause for me to believe that its exclusive. Possible that the bio is not written that well but it sure leads me to believe that his energy manipulating powers are exclusive to those of the mystical kind.

Its all moot anyway.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #36
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Using the Ka stone he could drain vast quantities of energy from other sources into himself, further augmenting his superhuman powers.
this portion doesn't specify mystical.

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #37
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,250
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Ok, either way I win you lose.


Closing....

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #38
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

How exactly? or were you joking. Either way, Meltdown is barely more than a one trick pony. Sphinx is a class-85, can manipulate, say you're right, mystical energy.

Okay, say he can only manipulate mystical energy (I don't believe it)

he takes to the air, gets a good read on Meltdown's mind to learn what she's capable of. after that he lets loose a few beams of concussive energy, not trying to hit her, but kicking up enough dust (Moon) to cloud all vision. Then he establishes a cursory telepathic link, to get her location, and divebombs her. one punch to the gut and she'd be lucky not to be cut in half.

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:08 PM   #39
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Thanks JH. I think that answer suffices enough.

Again, I think Darthphere uses a lot of humor in his argument, but knows this is really going to be a tough match to win. When....ummmm...I mean IF Sphinx wins and advances to a much more difficult opponent, this will be one where a person with knowledge of the character might gain the advantage. (I know if one of my characters end up fighting him, I'll read every comic Sphinx has ever appeared in.) Remember, this is just week 1. It gets a lot more heated than this as it gets further in the contest.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #40
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,190
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Yeah, Sphinx is a great character. I loved him having him last season, and he got rid of some tough characters for me. I would have put him higher on my list if I would have thought about it. Meltdown isn't bad either, it's just sad that she's going against one of the toughest guys in the tourney.

Sadly, if I go against him, or anyone requiring research... I don't have my comics anymore to research them I kept maybe 300 out of my 1500 when I lost my job and needed money. I use to have almost all the New Warriors comics, and now they're all gone I'm sad.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:07 PM   #41
Hellstormer
Side-Kick
 
Hellstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
BRACKET 6,

Match 1:

Emplate (AHURA MAZDA) bio



vs.

Morph - Exiles (HELLSTORMER) bio


Morph is composed of unstable molecules, plain and simple. He can only be harmed by burns, radiation, and acid. Meaning the vamperic touch of Emplate would be like biting into cotton candy, it would be gone beofre you even knew it was there. And Morph isn't dumb so he'll make sure to hit Emplate when he's insynch and once he go him down he would make sure to keep him down. Morph's held is own against Super Souless Hyperion, I certainly think he can take care of this bozo. O and since he can get information about any character from any universe thanks to his HQ he would be fully prepared.

__________________
------Comic Vine------
Dc vs. Marvel is back and here for good.
Buy Wolf-Man
R.I.P. Heath, you got the last laugh...
Hellstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:59 AM   #42
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstormer
Morph is composed of unstable molecules, plain and simple. He can only be harmed by burns, radiation, and acid. Meaning the vamperic touch of Emplate would be like biting into cotton candy, it would be gone beofre you even knew it was there. And Morph isn't dumb so he'll make sure to hit Emplate when he's insynch and once he go him down he would make sure to keep him down. Morph's held is own against Super Souless Hyperion, I certainly think he can take care of this bozo. O and since he can get information about any character from any universe thanks to his HQ he would be fully prepared.
Rebuttal

Hmmm...everybody likes bringing up the Hyperion fight which the exiles only survived (as a team, may I add) because they had the help of 2 other Hyperions.

Plus you seem to forget that Emplate will copy Morphs powers and has an instant understanding of them. Therefore he could simply unynch himself (he would be invisible) and turn himself into a radiation emitting weapon.

The thing is Morph could never touch Emplate whereas emplate could touch him whenever he wanted.

Also, note that any creature Emplate feeds off of is prone to become his slave.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:08 AM   #43
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
Speed Demon Vs. Psycho Man:

As stated in his biography, "Psycho-Man has great intelligence and mathematical genius, as well as extensive knowledge of technology far in advance of present-day Earth's." This gives Psycho Man an instant advantage over Speed Demon. As The Blue Side of the Moon has been home to a variety of races, including The Inhumans, Uatu, and the Kree, much of their technology would be left over for Psycho Man to use at his disposal. Speed Demon, on the other hand, just runs fast.

In fact, let's look at Speed Demon's bio:

"Speed Demon can move at superhuman speed. He can run at 160 mph and his reflexes are four times greater than a normal human being."

First, SD isn't fighting a normal human being. SD is fighting someone who has a variety of "armor and weapons. He has sometimes stated that he derives power from the emotions he causes, like a psychic vampire. He recently gained some of the powers of his Control Box, as well as the ability to generate solid energy forms to give substance to his illusions." These manipulations on people are so intense, they can "trigger three emotional states: Fear, Doubt, and Hate...The intensity can range from mild to extreme causing hallucinations and even death."

Psycho Man will not fool around, and has been able to detect superhumans in the past. He would prepare his armor to detect Speed Demon, and with his weapon (and, even the powers he has since possessed), fill the area with fear and doubt, easily making Speed Demon succumb to his deepest fears, of which a constant loser like he will have plenty.

This is not a match that will require hours of battle...it would be finished in meer minutes. Psycho Man has gone against the best, usually never to be captured. Speed Demon would simply be a warm-up for his future battles.

Winner: Psycho Man
Rebuttal

First of all, his speed is in question but he has been seen to travel faster then 160MPH and that power description comes from Wikipedia which has inaccuracies.

Speed Demon's use of any weapon would cut the Pscho Man like butter for combined with his speed it can penetrate anything.

Simply put he could get a straw to penetrate psycho man's helmet given the speed which it would come at agaiknst psycho man.

And maybe he could adjust his armour to sense Speed Demon, but would it sense him fast enough....Sensors need time and time is not anything they would have with a Speedster like SPeed Demon.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:52 AM   #44
hippy fascist
Banned User
 
hippy fascist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In bed with your mom
Posts: 10,099
Talking Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoken
The moon's terrain isn't pebbely, it's dusty. While Bullseye may be able to use small rocks for a while, he will run out eventually. They are fighting in the Blue Area of the moon, I'm assuming outside of Attilan.

Guantlet is a hunter. He's also going to be making extreme research on his opponent, knowing the keep away, making the proper adjustments to his weaponry. both are high level mercenaries, but at the end of the day, no matter how good Bullseye is, He's still only human.
Don't get me wrong gauntlet is strong but with regards the ammo issue all he has to do is take a couple of bags of ball bearings, that way he could take several hundred each one acting essentially like a bullet. 50 bullets, each ripping through gauntlet with pinpoint accuracy would eventually take him out. He's strong but he's not immortal.

Bullseye is only a human? Adamantium skeleton ring any bells. The guy hits like a sledgehammer and can hold his own against DD in hand to hand combat.

Gauntlet is a hunter, fair enough. But bulseye is a trained NSA assassin.

With regards gauntlet's arsenal bullseye has proved more than adept at evading gunfire taking on the punisher...who couldn't hit him. If frank castle can't hit someone with a gun, Gauntlet will at least struggle

WINNER: BULLSEYE!

hippy fascist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #45
Hellstormer
Side-Kick
 
Hellstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
Rebuttal

Hmmm...everybody likes bringing up the Hyperion fight which the exiles only survived (as a team, may I add) because they had the help of 2 other Hyperions.

Plus you seem to forget that Emplate will copy Morphs powers and has an instant understanding of them. Therefore he could simply unynch himself (he would be invisible) and turn himself into a radiation emitting weapon.

The thing is Morph could never touch Emplate whereas emplate could touch him whenever he wanted.

Also, note that any creature Emplate feeds off of is prone to become his slave.
He can't copy his powers because he needs bone marrow which Morph has none of. And I'm talking about the tie when Morph went at Hyperion by himself and made it out alove, he didn't beat him but he survived.

__________________
------Comic Vine------
Dc vs. Marvel is back and here for good.
Buy Wolf-Man
R.I.P. Heath, you got the last laugh...
Hellstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:05 PM   #46
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda

First of all, his speed is in question but he has been seen to travel faster then 160MPH and that power description comes from Wikipedia which has inaccuracies.
Actually, that comes from at least two biographies I found out about him, including:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Demon

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Spee...peed_demon.htm

In fact, Speed Demon is such a joke, he made the following statement in Quasar #17: "Arrgh! How can there be so many persons faster than me?" In that issue Quicksilver, Whizzer II and Makkari easily outrace him in the Runner's super-speedster marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
Speed Demon's use of any weapon would cut the Pscho Man like butter for combined with his speed it can penetrate anything.
Never been shown, that is just a statement that has absolutely zero proof. In fact, I really like this example of his great fighting ability using weapons in conjuction with his super speed:

"Deciding to branch out, Speed Demon would later participate in an event called the Bloodsport, an annual tournament held in Madipoor showcasing fighters from around the globe. During the first round, He was pitted against Wolverine (as Patch) in a Cylinder Match. Despite his best efforts and the addition to throwing knives into his arsenal, Speed Demon did not fair well. While trying to incapacitate Patch in a vortex of wind, Speed Demon was caught in the neck by one of his own throwing knives. Bleeding profusely, Saunders fell pray to Patch."

Hmmm...I think it's best Speed Demon stay away from knives in his fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
Simply put he could get a straw to penetrate psycho man's helmet given the speed which it would come at agaiknst psycho man.
Ok, now you're grasping at straws. (Pun intended.) First, there has NEVER been an instance of him displaying any of these acts. Really? A straw??? Secondly, Speed Demon couldn't come close to Psycho Man's helmet, because Psycho Man can be as tall as a building. He has many suits of armor, some extremely tall, as when he's taking on the ENTIRE Fantastic Four in the picture below:




Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
And maybe he could adjust his armour to sense Speed Demon, but would it sense him fast enough....Sensors need time and time is not anything they would have with a Speedster like SPeed Demon.
Yes, it would sense him fast enough. As I've shown, he's fast, but at 160 MPH, not that fast. In fact, he has such an extensive scientific knowledge, he has his own World-Ship for transportation...and, it also contains a complete mobile laboratory.

Winner: Psycho Man

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #47
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstormer
He can't copy his powers because he needs bone marrow which Morph has none of. And I'm talking about the tie when Morph went at Hyperion by himself and made it out alove, he didn't beat him but he survived.

So survival means tie.....I do not think so but in any case, emplate is not hyperion.

The reality is emplate cannot even be touched by morph so therefore he could never harm, yet emplate could harm morph catching him unawares.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:28 PM   #48
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
In fact, Speed Demon is such a joke, he made the following statement in Quasar #17: "Arrgh! How can there be so many persons faster than me?" In that issue Quicksilver, Whizzer II and Makkari easily outrace him in the Runner's super-speedster marathon.
So a writer used him for comic relief...what does that prove, nothing. There are comics where the Hulk gets defeated by a serpent, it does not mean anything.

And speed demon has been in training since that race increasing his speed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
Never been shown, that is just a statement that has absolutely zero proof.
He has been training with weapons as well and just because something has not happenned before cannot mean it cannot happen for a first time.

In any case, a knife is not necessary as with enough speed any object would become deadly weapon, even a blunt spoon. The projectile would cause a great destruction as its accelerated mass would cause a release of energy....even if we are not speaking nuclear type it would be enough to cause psycho man some damage.

Quote:
Ok, now you're grasping at straws. (Pun intended.) First, there has NEVER been an instance of him displaying any of these acts. Really? A straw??? Secondly, Speed Demon couldn't come close to Psycho Man's helmet, because Psycho Man can be as tall as a building.
As you say can be does not mean will be. Psycho man cannot predict the future and would not know to do that. Therefore I beleive he would have worn a normal size armour that would fit well within the confines of the blue are of the moon.

And a straw can be seen to have penetrated a peice of wood when hurled by the winds of a hurricane......or a speed demon.

By the way, I think psyco man's size in that picture was an illusion and not his actual size.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #49
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
So a writer used him for comic relief...what does that prove, nothing. There are comics where the Hulk gets defeated by a serpent, it does not mean anything.

And speed demon has been in training since that race increasing his speed.

He has been training with weapons as well and just because something has not happenned before cannot mean it cannot happen for a first time.

In any case, a knife is not necessary as with enough speed any object would become deadly weapon, even a blunt spoon. The projectile would cause a great destruction as its accelerated mass would cause a release of energy....even if we are not speaking nuclear type it would be enough to cause psycho man some damage.

As you say can be does not mean will be. Psycho man cannot predict the future and would not know to do that. Therefore I beleive he would have worn a normal size armour that would fit well within the confines of the blue are of the moon.

And a straw can be seen to have penetrated a peice of wood when hurled by the winds of a hurricane......or a speed demon.

By the way, I think psyco man's size in that picture was an illusion and not his actual size.
First, Psycho Man can be that tall. Here is another quote:

"Psycho-Man wears a variety of body armors (or uses robot-versions of himself), demonstrating superhuman physical powers; some are giant-sized or possess other offensive powers."

Second, you have shown absolutely no proof that Speed Demon, through training, has gotten faster. In fact, since all the biographies I have accessed refer to him as Speed Demon, and not his old name of Whizzer, I would be led to believe they are current, accurate and factual.

Thirdly, there is one thing Speed Demon is good at; He's "(a)lways contentious and prone to grandstanding." Sadly, that's why he also always gets defeated.

Next, about your assessment on speed and what it can do. A Nascar vehicle can reach speeds of 200 MPH. I can see a Nascar vehicle when it's racing; so, noticing Speed Demon would be no problem. If a Nascar driver were to stick out his hand, have a straw in it, there is no way it could "penetrate a piece of wood."

Another fact. Speed Demon recently fought Joystick. Joystick showed some new powers, and was actually FASTER than Speed Demon. Again, he gets owned by someone faster than him.

Also, show proof where Speed Demon has been training with weapons. I read numerous bios on him....I'm been reading Thunderbolts since issue #1, Vol. 1 came out. It's not in my memory. In fact, the in one of the bios, I have the following information:

Weapons None; Once, used throwing blades.

Yep, not even the mention of a straw.


The fact remains, Quasar didn't need to make fun of Speed Demon....he's done that consistently in his past on his own. Numerous heroes have beaten him, numerous heroes and villians have out-raced him, and about the only times he's been successful is when he's been with a team. Speed Demon is not with a team. He's alone, and he will be easily defeated.

The funny thing is that his speed won't even play a factor. The second he's within range of Psycho Man's weapons, he will feel fear like he's never felt before. Even if all your wild conjectures could be true in some strange Marvel Universe, it still wouldn't mean a thing. Speed Demon can't get close to Psycho Man. Speed Demon will simply be a blubber ball of tears on the Blue Side of the Moon....that is, until Psycho Man simply steps on him and kills the fool.

Finally, I will say that I've constantly shown proof behind my statements. I've quoted, referred, or read all the things that I state as fact. I have revealed that this supposed "wizard of oz" is basically just a silly man who cannot do what he boasts of doing.

Winner: Psycho Man

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:32 PM   #50
Hellstormer
Side-Kick
 
Hellstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Heh, I just realized I'm facing Ahura Mazda in the Blink match to, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
So survival means tie.....I do not think so but in any case, emplate is not hyperion.

The reality is emplate cannot even be touched by morph so therefore he could never harm, yet emplate could harm morph catching him unawares.
Ok sorry Survival doesn't mean tie it means survival something none of the heroes in Hyperions universe could do. The fact is that Morph will know Emplate will try to copy his power (which he can't since Morph doesn't have bone marrow) and synch for a second, but as soon as that happens he'll make sure to put a smackdown on him and won't give him a chance to become unsynched again.

__________________
------Comic Vine------
Dc vs. Marvel is back and here for good.
Buy Wolf-Man
R.I.P. Heath, you got the last laugh...

Last edited by Hellstormer; 10-14-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Hellstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.