VS.

BRACKET 6:

Ultimus (PHAEDRUS45) bio

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #1255
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Basically, any information you find about Stamford is fair to use. Remember, this location is populated; so, that might effect your battle somewhat.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #1256
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Debating May Begin!!!

Old 08-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #1257
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45 View Post
BRACKET 5:

Exodus (KYTRIGGER) bio

VS.

BRACKET 6:

Ultimus (PHAEDRUS45) bio

Okay, so it's been a while since debating and I'm probably off my game, but this would still be a damn good match. I feel 100% confident in saying that no matter who wins, most of Stamford will die.

Powers:

Ultimus powers are: Superhuman strenght, speed, stamina, agility and reflexes, metahuman durability, besides the ability to manipulate cosmic energy.

Exodus' powers are:
Superhuman strength,
speed
physical resistance,
Telepathy,
Telekinesis,
Teleportation,
Pyroplasmic blasts,
Psionic energy drain,
Force beams,
Flight,
Resurrection,
Forcefield generation

So, it's obvious that both have a decent amount of diversity in their powers, but I would say that Exodus has more diversity.

As for prep time and location it is a wash. Neither will probably know anythign about the other, and both don't care about the people of Stamford either.

Ultimus' main weapon is his cosmic ray manipulation. This is basicalyl his power source that let's him do all the cool things like shoots energy and stuff like that. Now, a very good thing for Exodus is that he has faced cosmic radiation before in teh form of the ever powerful Sersi. She manipulates cosmic energies just as good, if not better than, Ultimus in a myriad of different ways, and Exodus has proven that he can still beat and block those energies.

Now as for Exodus, he not only has a slight edge in number of powers, but has a definate edge in multi-tasking those powers. He has :
  1. Amplifying Genoshan mutates' hatred of humans;
  2. Crushing Genosha via a massive force field;
  3. Immobilising Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch, Crystal and Jean Grey in another force field;
  4. Mentally resisting Professor X's telepathic control;
  5. Protecting himself from physical attacks; and,
  6. Dealing out massive amounts of damage to both the X-Men and the Avengers.
all at the same time. He has even broken into a SHIELD helicarrier by himslef nad wreaked major havoc on multiple fronts before.

Exodus' 2 strongest powers are his shield (which he can use to crush cities) and his telepathy. He's fought off some of the most powerful physchics and telepaths in the MU including Xavier and Sersi and has even shown to be able to reverse Xavier's mental controls on people. Ultimus has a wide variety of powers, but absolutely nowhere does it state any sort of psychic defense. Without a psychic defense, his mind is open to Exodus and he is absolutely dead. Exodus would either turn him into one of his willing followers, or simply shut down his brain killing him.

If Exodus didn't feel like doing this, he could just simply crush him under his forcefield or destroy him with his energy blasts. Exodus' forcefield (which is among the strognest in the MU) is always up and pretty much protects him fomr anything Ultimus could try and throw at him.

Winner- Exodus

kytrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #1258
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Exodus vs. Ultimus:

Ultimus:

Powers: Superhuman strenght, speed, stamina, agility and reflexes, metahuman durability, besides the ability to manipulate cosmic energy

Also, the bio from the Official Marvel Handbook Master Edition on Ultimus:

"Ultimus has the ability to manipulate cosmic energy to augment his life force, granting him great longevity and regenerative abilities, the projection of cosmic energy as concussive bolts from his hands, the ability to project an invisible force field about his body varying from a radius of one-inch to several yards, the ability to fly by harnessing anti-gravitons, and possibly other powers."

Also, under Strength, it says he has "Superhuman Class 90" powers, under Speed and Stamina both say "Superhuman," and under Durability it says "Metahuman."

Exodus:

AbilitiesSuperhuman strength, speed and physical resistance,
Telepathy,
Telekinesis,
Teleportation,
Pyroplasmic blasts,
Psionic energy drain,
Force beams,
Flight,
Resurrection,
Forcefield generation

This is another good battle of very similiar characters. Ultimus is greatly helped, that unlike with many of Exodus' battles where he's know the people he's fought, he won't know who Ultimus is. (Of course, the same is true for Ultimus, also.)

Things that help Ultimus is the Exodus' Psionic energy drain really won't effect his cosmic energy. They both have so many like powers, both with energy blasts and forcefields. Stamford is going to have a lot of dead to deal with after the battle is over. I'm not sure about Exodus, but Ultimus is class 90 in superhuman strength. Either way, this one's almost a flip of the coin. Good luck either way.

Winner = Ultimus

Old 08-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #1259
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytrigger View Post
As for prep time and location it is a wash. Neither will probably know anythign about the other, and both don't care about the people of Stamford either.
I actually found an argument that might show that Ultimus could very well know about Exodus. It will be shown below, in some interesting facts I discovered that might change this battle somewhat.

Quote:
Exodus' 2 strongest powers are his shield (which he can use to crush cities) and his telepathy. He's fought off some of the most powerful physchics and telepaths in the MU including Xavier and Sersi and has even shown to be able to reverse Xavier's mental controls on people. Ultimus has a wide variety of powers, but absolutely nowhere does it state any sort of psychic defense. Without a psychic defense, his mind is open to Exodus and he is absolutely dead. Exodus would either turn him into one of his willing followers, or simply shut down his brain killing him.
Ok, this is the point I wanted to touch on. Little is know about Ultimus, but one imporant fact is that he is a "Kree Eternal." The discovery of this comes from his previous alias, Demon Druid. (This also explains his powers, too.) Now, I'm having trouble pinpointing the specific attributes of the Kree, but I do know Ms. Marvel has telepathy blockers with her human/kree physiology. Let's focus on the attributes of the Eternals:

Quote:
As a whole, the Eternals have many different cosmic powers. They have superhuman strength, with many being able to lift in excess of 15 tons. They have such a fine control over their bodies with the cosmic energy that they are almost completely unkillable, making them immortal. As seen in the most recent series, acid, energy, falling, and many other ways have been used to kill the Eternals leader, Ikaris, but only to fail.

The Eternals also have many other fantastic powers, such as being able to fly and levitate others, being able to achieve speeds of hundreds of miles an hour. They have superhuman speed and are also able to teleport themselves, but can become taxed and even disorientated afterward. Their other abilities include being able to shoot beams of energy from their hands and eyes, telepathy, and they can also transmute objects, which means they are able to change objects from one thing to another.
If you combine these powers with the powers of the Kree, it shows why his durability and powers are so staggering. It's also stands to reason he'd have a durability to telepathy.

Now, how can Ultimus know about Exodus and gain an advantage in the fight? You pointed out that Exodus fought Sersi, who is a known Eternal. Sersi was also involved in Kree affairs; thus, it stands to reason, especially with Ultimus being a member of the Starforce, that he might very well have information about Sersi through either Kree or Eternal sources.

Quote:
If Exodus didn't feel like doing this, he could just simply crush him under his forcefield or destroy him with his energy blasts. Exodus' forcefield (which is among the strognest in the MU) is always up and pretty much protects him fomr anything Ultimus could try and throw at him.
The problem is that Ultimus has a forcefield, too; and, it's very likely this won't work as well as figured. (And, they both have energy blasts, though different in origin. Ultimus' are cosmic while Exodus' are pyroplasmic. I'm not positive, but in my mind I give Cosmic powers and the ability to manipulate it over Pyroplasmic.)

Winner = Ultimus

Old 08-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #1260
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Quote:
I actually found an argument that might show that Ultimus could very well know about Exodus. It will be shown below, in some interesting facts I discovered that might change this battle somewhat.
Since this is addressed later, I'll just skip this part and cover it below.

Quote:
Ok, this is the point I wanted to touch on. Little is know about Ultimus, but one imporant fact is that he is a "Kree Eternal." The discovery of this comes from his previous alias, Demon Druid. (This also explains his powers, too.) Now, I'm having trouble pinpointing the specific attributes of the Kree, but I do know Ms. Marvel has telepathy blockers with her human/kree physiology. Let's focus on the attributes of the Eternals:

If you combine these powers with the powers of the Kree, it shows why his durability and powers are so staggering. It's also stands to reason he'd have a durability to telepathy.
But a durability to telepathy doesn't mean much when Exodus has rocked other people who are known to have amazing telepathic defenses. Jean Grey and Xavier together couldn't beat Exodus telepathically, and another time he knocked out Cable with his telepathy.

These are major forces in the telepathic world. Now, Ultimus might have some small form of defense to telepathy, but he would need MAJOR power to keep out Exodus this way. And I don't think you can in any way say Ultimus has THIS much power since it has never at all been talked about.

Quote:
Now, how can Ultimus know about Exodus and gain an advantage in the fight? You pointed out that Exodus fought Sersi, who is a known Eternal. Sersi was also involved in Kree affairs; thus, it stands to reason, especially with Ultimus being a member of the Starforce, that he might very well have information about Sersi through either Kree or Eternal sources.
I honestly think this is stretching it quite a bit. To think that Sersi went over every single battle she ever fought and logged them so that they are in the Starforce database seems a little thin. There isn't any proof of him being in a database, of course there isn't any proof he isn't in it either. I personally think it's a stretch, but I guess that is up to the individual voter.

Quote:
The problem is that Ultimus has a forcefield, too; and, it's very likely this won't work as well as figured. (And, they both have energy blasts, though different in origin. Ultimus' are cosmic while Exodus' are pyroplasmic. I'm not positive, but in my mind I give Cosmic powers and the ability to manipulate it over Pyroplasmic.)
Why would cosmic energy trump Exodus'? He has fought and beaten Sersi before who has huge amounts of cosmic energies and her powers didn't trump Exodus' just because they were Cosmic.

Also, another thing I will point out (without quoting your first post) is that Exodus' psychic vampire drain doesn't have to just work on psychics. Even though Ultimus uses cosmic energy for his powers, all he really needs is a brain to be drained of psychic energy. Exodus used to drain regular people all the time. In fact, he could easily get a power boost by draining the people of Stamford (however long they lived) if he needed to.

Exodus has faced someone very similar to Ultimus before in Sersi, who is considered one of the most powerful Eternals there is. Both are Eternals that wield large amounts of cosmic energy. Exodus has beaten Sersi before and has shown that all of his powers still work against cosmic energy and will work against Ultimus.

Winner-Exodus

Old 08-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #1261
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytrigger View Post
But a durability to telepathy doesn't mean much when Exodus has rocked other people who are known to have amazing telepathic defenses. Jean Grey and Xavier together couldn't beat Exodus telepathically, and another time he knocked out Cable with his telepathy.
But, this isn't a telepathic battle for Ultimus and Exodus. This is a battle where Exodus for sure knows nothing about Ultimus, and where there is a chance that Ultimus might know about things that have happened with a fellow Eternal in the past.

Also, after researching Exodus a bit more, his power used to be at a much higher level than it is now. For example of this, I provide the following quotes after some of the defeats you mentioned:

Quote:
Exodus survived, his powers reverted to normal, and he returned to leading the Acolytes.
This is after the feats you describe above, and right after X-Man defeated him soundly.

Quote:
Together they took Quicksilver, the Knights of Wundagore, and the Heroes For Hire prisoner. Quicksilver eventually escaped, gained control of Isotope E himself, turned the isotope on himself, and became more powerful than he had ever been before. Exodus apparently proved no match for the super-charged Quicksilver and was soundly defeated.
So, a super-charged Quicksilver was able to defeat Exodus after his powers reverted back to normal. While this isn't the usual Quicksilver, I doubt the higher-powered Exodus would have met his defeat in such a way.

Quote:
With the High Evolutionary de-powered, Quicksilver reverted to normal, and Thena incapacitated, Exodus attempted once more to destroy the High Evolutionary. However, he was again halted in his attempt, this time by the voice of the Black Knight. The Knight allowed Exodus into his mind where the mutant discovered that this Black Knight was his friend from centuries ago. The two then engaged in combat until the Black Knight defeated Exodus and once again sealed him in the crypt Apocalypse had created.
So, now the reverted Exodus has been defeated by the Black Knight. Hmmmm....

Quote:
This experience apparently leads him to renew his conviction that mutants were superior and that they were intended to inherit the earth. Having formed a new Brotherhood consisting of Avalanche, Nocturne, Sabretooth, Mammomax and Black Tom, Exodus leads an attack on a group of humans but was thwarted by the X-Men. After escaping, this new Brotherhood decideds to attack the X-Men in their home. Two of the residents, a young mutant child and a cafeteria employee, die as a result. For the Brotherhood the attack proves a complete disaster, resulting in most of the Brotherhood, Exodus included, being sucked into the mutant Xorn's head. They reappear in Mojoworld and make a deal with Mojo to leave. It is unknown whether this deal will come up later.
So, Exodus is defeated a third time. This shows a misconception in our thoughts on Exodus' powers. He has been as powerful as shown, but obviously, times have changed.

Quote:
These are major forces in the telepathic world. Now, Ultimus might have some small form of defense to telepathy, but he would need MAJOR power to keep out Exodus this way. And I don't think you can in any way say Ultimus has THIS much power since it has never at all been talked about.
This is true to the old Exodus...the reverted Exodus isn't the same. After all, if Exodus was at this old levels, he wouldn't have been defeated by Quicksilver and Black Knight.

Quote:
Why would cosmic energy trump Exodus'? He has fought and beaten Sersi before who has huge amounts of cosmic energies and her powers didn't trump Exodus' just because they were Cosmic.
When he fought Sersi, he was a different Exodus than he is now. Times change.

Quote:
Also, another thing I will point out (without quoting your first post) is that Exodus' psychic vampire drain doesn't have to just work on psychics. Even though Ultimus uses cosmic energy for his powers, all he really needs is a brain to be drained of psychic energy. Exodus used to drain regular people all the time. In fact, he could easily get a power boost by draining the people of Stamford (however long they lived) if he needed to.
Ultimus isn't a regular person, and his durability is very, very high. His Kree and Eternal physiology puts him up on a higher par, and Exodus isn't going to expect this.

Winner = Ultimus

Old 08-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #1262
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Quote:
But, this isn't a telepathic battle for Ultimus and Exodus. This is a battle where Exodus for sure knows nothing about Ultimus, and where there is a chance that Ultimus might know about things that have happened with a fellow Eternal in the past.
Just because Ultimus won't be actually battling Exodus telepathically doesn't mean Exodus can't still attack Ultimus telepathically. He has shown before that he like to attack both physically AND telepathically at the same time. And since Ultimus has NEVER been said to have any sort of resistance at all to telepathy, it's a safe assumption that he will be vulnerable.

Quote:
Also, after researching Exodus a bit more, his power used to be at a much higher level than it is now. For example of this, I provide the following quotes after some of the defeats you mentioned:

This is after the feats you describe above, and right after X-Man defeated him soundly.
Actually this is quite wrong. He has recently gone back to his origninal power levels (right around the time of Decimation (I'm not counting the House of M though since I'm pretty sure it's not canon). This is when he absolutely destroyed a SHIELD heli-carrier (which had an X-Men team already there), messed with the brains of those psychic twin defense people, freed some prisoners, knocked out Cable, stole some of Cable's memories, and then created a huge new Cerebro (I beleive out of the SHIELD wreckage to search for any more living mutants).

So you are correct in stating that there was a time when Exodus did change for a while, but he has since reverted back to his normal self.

Quote:
So, a super-charged Quicksilver was able to defeat Exodus after his powers reverted back to normal. While this isn't the usual Quicksilver, I doubt the higher-powered Exodus would have met his defeat in such a way.

So, now the reverted Exodus has been defeated by the Black Knight. Hmmmm....
The new uber-powerful Quicksilver thing was a defeat, but as you say, this was super-charged Quicksilver.

As for Black Knight, he was "defeated" because he couldn't bring himself to harm him. He remembered Dane was a friend (hell he turned on Apaocalypse just to save his life earlier). He is probably the only person Exodus has ever shown any resemblance of humanity to.

Quote:
So, Exodus is defeated a third time. This shows a misconception in our thoughts on Exodus' powers. He has been as powerful as shown, but obviously, times have changed.

This shows that the brotherhood was actualyl beating the crap out of the X-Men. The onyl reason they lost was because Xorn took off his helmet thing and created a freaking Black hole that sucked them all away.
Quote:
This is true to the old Exodus...the reverted Exodus isn't the same. After all, if Exodus was at this old levels, he wouldn't have been defeated by Quicksilver and Black Knight.
he wasn't physically defeated by black Knight, and as for Quicksliver, this was the major upgraded version that could control time and all that crap. And anyway, the newer version of Exodus has reverted back to his old power levels while aligning himself with Sinister. The old version has defeated every single one of these people (except maybe Xorn, not sure they fought)that "defeated" him at his weaker levels.

Quote:
When he fought Sersi, he was a different Exodus than he is now. Times change.
No he wasn't. He has the exact same power levels as he does now.

Quote:
Ultimus isn't a regular person, and his durability is very, very high. His Kree and Eternal physiology puts him up on a higher par, and Exodus isn't going to expect this.
Why wouldn't he expect it? He knows nothign about him, so he will take the utmost precaution going in. he will also look into Ultimus' mind and see his powers.

There was a time when Exodus was weaker thna he was for a while. Saying that he is still that weak is just flat out wrong. He has come back to his orignial power levels, but it is easy to overlook since he has only had 1 or 2 appearances at it.

Either way, Exodus is as powerful as he originally was and he definately has enough power to take on Ultimus. He has more powers than him, and has shown to be able to use them all at the same time extrmely effectively. He has faced powerful eternals before and defeated them soundly, even when he didn't know how to fully use his powers.

Winner- Exodus

Old 08-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #1263
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Voting May Begin!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #1264
Harlekin
Business

Exodus

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:05 AM   #1265
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

If he is back to his original power levels then I am going to go with:

Exodus

Old 08-15-2007, 10:13 AM   #1266
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Exodus

Old 08-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #1267
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Exodus

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #1268
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Ultimus

Old 08-16-2007, 09:21 PM   #1269
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Exodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #1270
POWdER-man
Ancient but wise

Exodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgular
A census-taker tried to test me once. I ate his liver with McNuggets and a vanilla milkshake. Rabble rabble
"On the internet you can choose to be anything you want. So why do so many choose to be idiots?"
POWdER-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #1271
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Final Results:

Exodus defeats Ultimus 6-1

Old 08-20-2007, 11:48 AM   #1272
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

FINAL FOUR,

Match 2:

Exodus (KYTRIGGER) bio

VS.

Maestro (KYTRIGGER) bio

Old 08-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #1273
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Built over a period of four years, it is an example of modern architecture. The top three floors were to be Stark's new home, but when the new Avengers were founded, he gave it to the team as a gift, to be their home when they needed it, and to be a meeting place and base of operations. Just like the Avengers Mansion Stark Tower is suited with state-of-the-art technology and an extravagant interior, including hanging portraits from former Avengers cover art.
When the team came together in this place, Edwin Jarvis was welcomed back to his longtime position as caretaker for the team. In the wake of the passing of the Superhuman Registration Act, Stark Tower acted as the base of operations for the government task force led by Iron Man and charged with enforcing the Act.
At the conclusion of "World War Hulk" issue #1, a violent battle between The Hulk and Iron Man causes the destruction and collapse of Stark Tower.[1]

Watchtower

The place where it stands now was the former site of The Sentry's Watchtower before he erased all the world's memory of him. When the Sentry recovered from his "mental virus", the Watchtower installed itself atop Stark Tower, convincing Tony Stark that it was fate that really brought them together.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:08 AM   #1274
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Quote:
FINAL FOUR,

Match 2:

Exodus (KYTRIGGER) bio

VS.

Maestro (KYTRIGGER) bio

Well this battle is not quite what it seems.

Maestro is an evil version of the Hulk who is about twice as strong as the normal Savage Hulk with the ability to increase his abilities with rage. He also has the intellect of Banner, although it is twisted.

Exodus is a very powerful being himself.

Now many would think these 2 have never met but they have in House of M. Exodus was the ruler of Australia where the Hulk was located. The Hulk demolished Exodus who was unable to prevent the Hulk from knocking him out. His powers were not effective enough against the Hulk.

I do not know if memories survived the Hous of M but the battle that had already happenned eneded with Hulk the victor (it was in a few panels).

The Maestro is a stronger and crueler version of the Hulk. This battle would end up the same way with Exodus getting knocked out. exodus' shields were not able to withstand the Hulk and psychicly he could not control him.

The Maestro will take this one

Old 08-28-2007, 11:34 AM   #1275
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Exodus vs Maestro

As powerful as Maestro is, Exodus has all he needs to defeat him.

Exodus can use various psionic attacks ranging from physical blasts to mental attacks. Telepathically, Exodus is on par with Charles Xavier. This means he has the power to attack Maestro on a mental level from a nice and safe distance.

Of course, attacking the Hulk mentally is always an iffy proposition. But if he can just keep Maestro off balance with hallucinations or emotional control, it only increases Exodus' advantage.

But, regardless of how the fight goes, Exodus has a way out. All he has to do is grab Maestro in a telekinetic field and fling him away from the battleground for a ring-out. Cheap but, against a Hulk, you take any chance for victory you can get.

Exodus wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote