The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 05:37 AM   #1276
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Exodus vs Maestro

As powerful as Maestro is, Exodus has all he needs to defeat him.

Exodus can use various psionic attacks ranging from physical blasts to mental attacks. Telepathically, Exodus is on par with Charles Xavier. This means he has the power to attack Maestro on a mental level from a nice and safe distance.

Of course, attacking the Hulk mentally is always an iffy proposition. But if he can just keep Maestro off balance with hallucinations or emotional control, it only increases Exodus' advantage.

But, regardless of how the fight goes, Exodus has a way out. All he has to do is grab Maestro in a telekinetic field and fling him away from the battleground for a ring-out. Cheap but, against a Hulk, you take any chance for victory you can get.

This completely ignores that when Exodus faced the Hulk and this was a normal Hulk he was defeated one on one. And just to add a bit to that, Exodus had ample prep time as well as he knew Hulk was coming for him. After hulk defeated his minions, he fought through Exodus' shields and threw him out of the palace after having knocked him out.

The Maestro would fare even better as he is crueller and has considerably more base line strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Men Bios
Exodus was the governor of Australia until his forces began rounding up humans into camps, and they stumbled upon Bruce Banner (the Hulk), though Magneto had warned Exodus to leave the aboriginal tribes alone. The Hulk made his way to Sydney and literally toppled Exodus's government, throwing Exodus down off his palace tower. Exodus apparently survived and Magneto later offered to let him return to his position, but Banner declined to abdicate.
Hulk wins

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing

Last edited by Ahura Mazda; 08-29-2007 at 05:42 AM.
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #1277
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda View Post
This completely ignores that when Exodus faced the Hulk and this was a normal Hulk he was defeated one on one. And just to add a bit to that, Exodus had ample prep time as well as he knew Hulk was coming for him. After hulk defeated his minions, he fought through Exodus' shields and threw him out of the palace after having knocked him out.

The Maestro would fare even better as he is crueller and has considerably more base line strength.

The House of M fight can't be used because they have no memory of it (I think). It would be a good indication of who would win this fight except for the fact that these are two very different characters.

This Exodus knows about the Hulk and probably how to fight him. That means keeping his distance and attacking from out of range.

And if the fight starts to go badly for the mutant, all Exodus has to do is telekinetically fling Maestro out of the battlefield. That wouldn't work in a normal battle (or House of M) because Maestro would just come back. But in this case, it give Exodus the match.


Exodus wins

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:52 AM   #1278
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
The House of M fight can't be used because they have no memory of it (I think). It would be a good indication of who would win this fight except for the fact that these are two very different characters.
I don't see how these are two very different characters. Maestro is an evolution of a Hulk which has absorbed more radiation and has cruel. Exodus was the same in House of M. I have the comic and remember reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
This Exodus knows about the Hulk and probably how to fight him. That means keeping his distance and attacking from out of range.
The other Exodus also learnned about the Hulk from Pyro who was helping him out. Exodus attempted to do what you suggest but the Hulk fought through it (he punched through the shields and proved impervious to Exodus' psychic abilities. It is canon. The hulk defeated him and the Hulk was weaker then Maestro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
And if the fight starts to go badly for the mutant, all Exodus has to do is telekinetically fling Maestro out of the battlefield. That wouldn't work in a normal battle (or House of M) because Maestro would just come back. But in this case, it give Exodus the match.
Exodus was not able to do that to the Hulk and would have a tougher time of it against the Maestro. Again I stand by what happenned in the Comics in continuity, The Hulk defeated (soundly I may add) Exodus and Maestro would do the same.


Maestro wins

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:34 AM   #1279
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,822
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

debating Is Over!

voting May Begin!!!

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:40 AM   #1280
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,822
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Maestro

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:18 PM   #1281
POWdER-man
Ancient but wise
 
POWdER-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere
Posts: 13,671
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Maestro

__________________
Half Acadian and fully CANADIAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgular
A census-taker tried to test me once. I ate his liver with McNuggets and a vanilla milkshake. Rabble rabble
"On the internet you can choose to be anything you want. So why do so many choose to be idiots?"
POWdER-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #1282
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,213
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

My vote goes for Exodus

In my opinion, the HOM was a horrible representation of Exodus and he was written well below his abilities. And neither would remember the House of M, as they weren't any of the ones awakened by Layla Miller. Maestro would know nothing about Exodus, though Exodus would know Hulk and could prepare decently against him. He's also very smart and very experienced. My opinion, Maestro doesn't stand a chance.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #1283
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Exodus

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:55 AM   #1284
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Maestro

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #1285
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,822
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Maestro defeats Exodus 3-2

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.