Old 06-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #1251
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 2

Korath vs. Morg:

Another pretty good match-up. The bios:

Korath:

Quote:
Korath is a brilliant geneticist. After implementing the Pursuer template on himself, Korath gained enhanced strength and durability to an unknown degree, uses full body armor, uses jet propelled boots which allow him to fly, and has increased advance scanners that can pick up anomalous brain patters or power levels. He also employs the use of two "beta batons," which fire very powerful energy blasts capable of knocking out an Eternal, like Sersi. He also claims to be trained in the ways of Ancient Kree.
Morg:

Quote:
Morg was imbued with the Power Cosmic by Galactus, as he did with all his heralds. This allowed Morg to fly through space and granted him exponentially enhanced strength, stamina and durability. It also allowed him to fire blasts of powerful energy channeled through his axe. The mystical pool Morg submerged himself in boosted each of these abilities further, making him more powerful than any other single herald, even more so than the Silver Surfer.
This battle will not last aboard the Avalon, more than likely. But, Korath has one distinct advantage: He'll be able to gain information on Morg. Morg simply won't care enough to do the same, if he could. (Which he wouldn't be able to.) He'll do vast research, come fully prepared with Kree weapondry, and take Morg out. (Or, find a way to pursue him and subdue him.) The Kree does have information on how to take out a Cosmic Powered individual, after all. The following quote shows they've done it at least once.

"The Silver Surfer was kidnapped by the Kree and absorbed into their Supreme Intelligence."

Winner = Korath

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 AM   #1252
hippy fascist
Banned User

Beta Ray Bill Vs X-cutioner

Ok this is going to be short and sweet. Weig has done a fantastic job getting x'cutioner this far in the contest but any number of alien weapons he can bring to the table will have little or no effect on bill.

Bill has faced down multiple heralds of galactus and even the big man himself in the space of one mini. He has stood side by side with quasar in intergalactic wars. Heīs kicked the crap out of thor on several occassions.

X'cutioner on the other hand is a mere human with some excellent tech.

The fight will go something like this. First bill uses stormbreaker to rip through x'cutionerīs shields. Then he has a choice of either blowing a hole in the side of the space station (bill can survive in the vacuum of space, his opponent cannot ) or simply flatten him with stormbreaker. What little fire x'cutioner can send bills way will either be shrugged off by forcefield or abosrbed by the big man himself (if you can handle pure bolts of power cosmic a simple blaster will have little impact on you)

Short, sweet and brutal

WINNER:BETA RAY BILL!

hippy fascist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #1253
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Belasco vs. Mr. Sinister:

First, the bios:

Belasco:

Mr. Sinister:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45 View Post
The interesting aspect is since both are X-Men villians, it's likely they'd both find out information on each other...maybe not real extensive, though. But, Sinister has been around for quite some time, and Belasco would have many who've died and come into contact with Sinister to delve information from. Plus, Belasco's sorcery powers would be able to find information, as necessary.
I doubt Belasco will find much info on Sinister when Sinister may find more about him.

Quote:
Mr. Sinister is one tough opponent; but, Belasco is immortal and able to produce spells the instant he's aboard the Avalon. Simple spells as finding Sinister, even if he chooses to change shape, would prove effective. (Plus, Sinister is much more effective behind the scenes, where others don't know what he's up to.) Belasco is also a telepath; so, like powers would probably be ineffective for both characters. Belasco took out a host of X-Men in the past. Sinister won't prove a problem. Magic will beat out the science of Sinister.
Now one question is how well Sinister can know Avalon. Besides his associations with Apocolypse let us not forget that Sinister is a shapechanger who wishes to find out about mutants as much as possible. As such, he is likely to have even visited Avalon under some guise besides any information he may have gotten FROM or WITH Apocolypse.

The other thing is the telepathic powers of Sinister. Other telepaths who tried to take over his mind found themselves at a disadvantage and fell under his control. This could happen here.

Winner = SINISTER

Old 06-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #1254
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Quote:
He's worked with Apocalypse in the past; but, that relationship isn't exactly buddy/buddy. Apocalypse knows not to trust Mr. Sinister, and he wouldn't divulge such important information to someone who'd be very willing to turn it around on him. There is absolutely no source that shows Mr. Sinister would know about Avalon.

I just ask the readers to look at Sinister's and Apocalypse's history. Neither trusted the other, and Sinister had no storylines involving Avalon. So, I doubt he would be able to use Avalon to his advantage. Plus, Belasco needs to do a "find spell" on Sinister when he's transported aboard the space station, and it won't be long to take out Sinister's threat.

Sinister is nothing but thourough and Avalon was a hub of mutant activity. As one who was very interested in mutants he is likely to have researched it and probably even visited it under some guise. Who knows as well what Apocolypse could have told him or maybe even Sinister was with Apocolypse in Avalon in a different form.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #1255
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

X-Cutioner vs Beta Ray Bill

This is a tough match for X-Cutioner. Bill has a lot of raw power. But Denti has fought plenty of powerful mutants in the past. In fact, all of his technology, armor, and weapons are from advanced alien civilizations.

Prep-time doesn't help Bill. Denti may be able to find something on Bill. But it probably won't tell him much more than he's similar to Thor. Location also doesn't help Bill, nor does it help Denti much (although there may be some info he could get his hands on).

But, as powerful as Bill is, Denti is not out of this match. He has advanced armor which will not only provide protection from physical and lightening attacks, but includes a strong forcefield to boost that protection. Combine that with his teleportation technology, and X-Cutioner can 'jump' around Bill, striking from random directions.

And what can Denti strike with? His main weapon is his power lance. This lance uses psionic energy and can deal damage to organic and inorganic objects. And, since it uses psionic energy, it should also disrupt Bill's nervous system and/or brain function.

That's a key item. No doubt Denti has a number of advanced weapons like guns and knives that can supposedly shoot through or damage most things. But it's the psionic lance that may prove most effective. Denti and Bill face off against each other. Denti knows that Bill is similar to Thor in strength and powers so he won't mess around. Bill will either swing his hammer or blast Denti with energy. X-Cutioner just teleports behind Bill and drives his lance right into his neck, blasting his nerves, spine, and brain with psionic energy. And even superstrong beings like Juggernaut fall when their brains are disrupted.

A tough fight for Denti. But X-Cutioner is used to fighting powerful individuals. And he's a master of cunning fighting and cheap shots. He'll know that, going up against someone with a ton of power, taking them down as fast and easy as possible is the best strategy.

X-Cutioner wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:23 PM   #1256
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy fascist View Post

Ok this is going to be short and sweet. Weig has done a fantastic job getting x'cutioner this far in the contest but any number of alien weapons he can bring to the table will have little or no effect on bill.

Bill has faced down multiple heralds of galactus and even the big man himself in the space of one mini. He has stood side by side with quasar in intergalactic wars. Heīs kicked the crap out of thor on several occassions.

X'cutioner on the other hand is a mere human with some excellent tech.

The fight will go something like this. First bill uses stormbreaker to rip through x'cutionerīs shields. Then he has a choice of either blowing a hole in the side of the space station (bill can survive in the vacuum of space, his opponent cannot ) or simply flatten him with stormbreaker. What little fire x'cutioner can send bills way will either be shrugged off by forcefield or abosrbed by the big man himself (if you can handle pure bolts of power cosmic a simple blaster will have little impact on you)

Short, sweet and brutal
This is going to be an odd rebuttal because everything stated here is true. Bill is very very powerful. X-Cutioner has great advanced alien tech. And if Bill and Denti get into a face-to-face, drawn out battle, Bill will likely win.

But Denti is no fool. He's fought plenty of strong mutants. And, even if they haven't been as strong as Bill, he'll know that Bill is much stronger (Thor level) and plan accordingly. And the best plan is the sneak attack.

A quick teleportation and Denti is behind Bill driving his lance into his spine. (It's a technique that works on even the most experienced fighters.) And X-Cutioner can just keep teleporting around randomly striking over and over. And he can transport away any time he needs to.

Not to mention that Denti may be able to use the station against Bill to hurt him, or at least distract him.

This is by no means an easy match. But with a little cunning, Denti can finish it quickly before Bill gets a chance to come at him with everything. 'Lopsided' matches like this have been won by the underdog before, and with Denti's experience, this will be no different.

X-cutioner wins

Quote:
Old 06-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #1257
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda View Post
I doubt Belasco will find much info on Sinister when Sinister may find more about him.
Magic-users have a vast variety of spells, some of which can give information on certain people. Sinister, though, has had no contact with Belasco or been involved in any confrontations with him. Although, he might have some clues with the name and get an idea from the picture provided.

Quote:
Now one question is how well Sinister can know Avalon. Besides his associations with Apocolypse let us not forget that Sinister is a shapechanger who wishes to find out about mutants as much as possible. As such, he is likely to have even visited Avalon under some guise besides any information he may have gotten FROM or WITH Apocolypse.
Unless there is some proof of this, it's highly doubtful. The people who've had access to Avalon are those who would want to know everyone who's been aboard. I'm sure there are defenses and stuff in order to make sure those aboard are who they say they are. And, there is no reason that Mr. Sinister would risk himself needlessly.

Quote:
The other thing is the telepathic powers of Sinister. Other telepaths who tried to take over his mind found themselves at a disadvantage and fell under his control. This could happen here.
When you have opposing telepathic powers, I always call it a push. It really can't be known who is more powerful than another, unless we have proof in the comics. Belasco is so powerful, I would bet he can beat Sinister...but, I cannot say for sure, so I won't make it my argument. I just say that it should be negated for the ease of the voters.

Quote:
Sinister is nothing but thourough and Avalon was a hub of mutant activity. As one who was very interested in mutants he is likely to have researched it and probably even visited it under some guise. Who knows as well what Apocolypse could have told him or maybe even Sinister was with Apocolypse in Avalon in a different form.
No proof at all. Plus, Avalon had numerous devices throughout the years. It could not be as easy as being in disguise. There are too many people who can shapeshift or use a special device to change appearance. Avalon would be aware. Plus, as you say, "who knows ... what Apocalypse could have told him," and we don't; thus, we should not suppose without proof. In court, that would be thrown out. Same here. I could suppose that Belasco, also being so interested in the X-Men's activity, frequently visited Avalon through spells, visited the boy's room, just to take a crap in it.

Winner = Belasco

Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #1258
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Quote:
Magic-users have a vast variety of spells, some of which can give information on certain people. Sinister, though, has had no contact with Belasco or been involved in any confrontations with him. Although, he might have some clues with the name and get an idea from the picture provided.

Unless there is some proof of this, it's highly doubtful. The people who've had access to Avalon are those who would want to know everyone who's been aboard. I'm sure there are defenses and stuff in order to make sure those aboard are who they say they are. And, there is no reason that Mr. Sinister would risk himself needlessly.

When you have opposing telepathic powers, I always call it a push. It really can't be known who is more powerful than another, unless we have proof in the comics. Belasco is so powerful, I would bet he can beat Sinister...but, I cannot say for sure, so I won't make it my argument. I just say that it should be negated for the ease of the voters.

No proof at all. Plus, Avalon had numerous devices throughout the years. It could not be as easy as being in disguise. There are too many people who can shapeshift or use a special device to change appearance. Avalon would be aware. Plus, as you say, "who knows ... what Apocalypse could have told him," and we don't; thus, we should not suppose without proof. In court, that would be thrown out. Same here. I could suppose that Belasco, also being so interested in the X-Men's activity, frequently visited Avalon through spells, visited the boy's room, just to take a crap in it.
To basically conclude this debate, I will simply state this.

Sinister will not win by any battle per se. his only chance is through manipulation, mind take over or ring out.

If you believe that he can mentally control belasco, then he should win.

If you believe that he has a chance of getting a ring out by shooting him out to space then he also wins.

This is given that this battle could be quite long given Sinister's ability to hide and work behind the scenes.

For every other scenario, Belasco will most likely take it.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #1259
hippy fascist
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
X-Cutioner vs Beta Ray Bill

This is a tough match for X-Cutioner. Bill has a lot of raw power. But Denti has fought plenty of powerful mutants in the past. In fact, all of his technology, armor, and weapons are from advanced alien civilizations
Mere mutants are nothing by comparisson to the level of power bill can wield. X-Cutioner has NEVER faced anyone on bills level whereas bill (as a result of the various intergalactic wars he has been involved in) will have certainly come up against pretty much any weapon X'cutioner can throw at him.
ī
Quote:
Prep-time doesn't help Bill. Denti may be able to find something on Bill. But it probably won't tell him much more than he's similar to Thor. Location also doesn't help Bill, nor does it help Denti much (although there may be some info he could get his hands on).
Gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Location is a HUGE advantage for bill due to the fact he can breath in space. All he has to do is smash a hole in the wall of whatever chamber they are in (something bill would be able to do without much effort) and X'cutioner head would pop like an balloon.

Quote:
But, as powerful as Bill is, Denti is not out of this match. He has advanced armor which will not only provide protection from physical and lightening attacks, but includes a strong forcefield to boost that protection. Combine that with his teleportation technology, and X-Cutioner can 'jump' around Bill, striking from random directions.
The problem with this is that Denti has no knowledge of the station. Like nightcrawler he needs to have an idea of where he is teleporting too otherwise he could easily miscalculate and end up in the vacuum of space. No matter how quick he is with his teleporter one second out there would kill him.

In terms of the forcefields, bill has broken through plenty of those with ease in his time. Stormbreaker is perfect for exactly this purpose.

Quote:
And what can Denti strike with? His main weapon is his power lance. This lance uses psionic energy and can deal damage to organic and inorganic objects. And, since it uses psionic energy, it should also disrupt Bill's nervous system and/or brain function.
Itīs got to breach billīs MAGICAL forcefields. A standard electronic one would be a possibility but not magic. Bill will be well protected and this will simply be akin to a mosquito buzzing around his head dipping in for bites. A pain in the ass rather than a real threat.

Quote:
That's a key item. No doubt Denti has a number of advanced weapons like guns and knives that can supposedly shoot through or damage most things. But it's the psionic lance that may prove most effective. Denti and Bill face off against each other. Denti knows that Bill is similar to Thor in strength and powers so he won't mess around. Bill will either swing his hammer or blast Denti with energy. X-Cutioner just teleports behind Bill and drives his lance right into his neck, blasting his nerves, spine, and brain with psionic energy. And even superstrong beings like Juggernaut fall when their brains are disrupted.
But she has to bypass his shields which she clearly wouldnīt be able to. Also as a corbinite bills central nervous system is wired up differently to the likes of thor. Thereīs no guarantee it would even effect him at all.

Quote:
A tough fight for Denti. But X-Cutioner is used to fighting powerful individuals. And he's a master of cunning fighting and cheap shots. He'll know that, going up against someone with a ton of power, taking them down as fast and easy as possible is the best strategy.

X-Cutioner wins
`
Heīs used to fighting powerful mutants, not gods. Even the likes of rachel grey at full power would have difficulty with bill. Cunning and tactics are great weapons but they can only take you so far. Bill can and will wipe the floor with X-cutioner.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:26 AM   #1260
hippy fascist
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
This is going to be an odd rebuttal because everything stated here is true. Bill is very very powerful. X-Cutioner has great advanced alien tech. And if Bill and Denti get into a face-to-face, drawn out battle, Bill will likely win.

But Denti is no fool. He's fought plenty of strong mutants. And, even if they haven't been as strong as Bill, he'll know that Bill is much stronger (Thor level) and plan accordingly. And the best plan is the sneak attack.

A quick teleportation and Denti is behind Bill driving his lance into his spine. (It's a technique that works on even the most experienced fighters.) And X-Cutioner can just keep teleporting around randomly striking over and over. And he can transport away any time he needs to.

Not to mention that Denti may be able to use the station against Bill to hurt him, or at least distract him.

This is by no means an easy match. But with a little cunning, Denti can finish it quickly before Bill gets a chance to come at him with everything. 'Lopsided' matches like this have been won by the underdog before, and with Denti's experience, this will be no different.

X-cutioner wins
Itīs simply not acheivable. You say denti can use the station against bill, but that takes a lot of time. Time during which bill can simply smash his hammer into a wall-floor and rip a whole in the station suffocating X-cutioner.

Not to mention the sheer level of combat experience bill has. As stated before, heīs taken direct blasts of power cosmic and shrugged them off. Dentiīs lance is nothing by comparisson and wonīt be able to pentrate his shields.

You put up a hell of a fight but Denti is simply out of his league here.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:42 PM   #1261
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Voting May Begin!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #1262
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

*Beta Ray Bill - (Good attempt on Wieg's behalf...but, Bill shouldn't have a problem with this match.)

*Belasco

*Pluto - (Lord Templar might have had my vote; but, it looks like I might just get to fight him again with two matches that didn't get debated. See you next week, more than likely, Ahura!)

*Korath

Old 06-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #1263
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Beta Ray Bill- Good try but Bill is just in another league

Pluto

Korath

Belasco- Sinister is very powerful, but Belasco also brings powerful magic to the table, which definately changes things. IMO powerful magic oftentimes trumps science and I think Belasco has the edge to win this.

kytrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:20 AM   #1264
Harlekin
Business

Beta Ray Bill
Belasco -
I could have been convinced, but I wasn't. For the record: Poccy and Sinister are NOT friends.
Pluto
Korath

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:36 AM   #1265
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Beta Ray Bill

Sinister

Pluto

Korath

Old 06-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #1266
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

X-Cutioner
Belasco (I think Sinister will give him a run for his money)
Pluto (Lord Templar could do it attacking with all avatar's at the same time, but the Pluto debate is convincing)
Morg (I think he has enough power to take on a lone Pursuer)

Quote:
Old 06-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #1267
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Pluto
Morg
X-Cutioner
Sinister

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #1268
Trigger
Loeb Killed Me Off

Beta Ray Bill
Belasco- I hate to admit it, but magic really does trump science.
Morg
Pluto

Old 06-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #1269
hippy fascist
Banned User

Beta Ray Bill
Belasco (I reckon the next season magic should be left out, it's just too powerful)
Korath
Pluto

Old 06-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #1270
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Final Results:

Beta Ray Bill defeats X-Cutioner 6-2
Belasco defeats Mr. Sinister 6-2
Pluto defeats Lord Templar 8-0
Korath defeats Morg 5-3

Old 06-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #1271
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Bracket 3,

Match 1:

Spiral (WIEGEABO) bio

vs.

Wallflower - House of M (JEWISHHOBBIT) bio

Match 2:

Beta Ray Bill (HIPPY FASCIST) bio

vs.

Belasco (PHAEDRUS45) bio

Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #1272
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Bracket 4,

Match 1:

Alex Powers (HARLEKIN) bio

vs.

Super Skrull (PHAEDRUS45) bio

Match 2:

Pluto (AHURA MAZDA) bio

vs.

Korath (PHAEDRUS45) bio

Old 06-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #1273
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

In the Marvel Comics universe, Hell's Kitchen is the home base of the superheroes Daredevil and The Punisher, and the birthplace of Nick Fury.

To read up on this location, you can look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell%27...n%2C_Manhattan

Old 06-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #1274
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Quote:
Match 2:

Pluto (AHURA MAZDA) bio

vs.

Korath (PHAEDRUS45) bio

This is match up between the Olympian God of Death and a Kree warrior.

This was a rating of Pluto's powers

Intelligence: Normal (4/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 75 (9/12)
Speed: Superhuman (6/10)
Stamina: Godlike (9/10)
Durability: Demi-godlike regenerative (12/14)
Agility: Superhuman (6/7)
Reflexes: Superhuman (6/7)

Fighting Skills: Excellent hand-to-hand combatant, skilled in use of axe and sword
Special Skills/Abilities: None known
Superhuman physical powers: In addition to the above listed physical abilities, Pluto possesses virtual immortality; the ability to manipulate vast cosmic/mystical energies for numerous purposes including powerful force bolts, creating nearly impenetrable force fields, creating interdimensional apertures to transport himself across dimension, creating mystical flame (to which he is himself immune) or weapons of mystical flame; he can also weaken an opponent with his touch
Superhuman Mental Powers: none
Special Limitations: Pluto is more powerful in Hades than in other realms, due to his ability to manipulate the energies of the underworld
Source of Superhuman Powers: Pluto is a member of the race of superhumans known as the gods of Olympus
Personal Weaponry: Battleaxe made of nearly indestructible adamantine through which he can focus his force bolts if he so chooses
Other Accessories: Can create various weapons as needed out of mystical flame, such as a spear or sword, whose touch can paralyze an opponent, Helmet of invisibility, enabling its wearer to be invisible to even other Olympians

Korath is a brilliant geneticist. After implementing the Pursuer template on himself, Korath gained enhanced strength and durability to an unknown degree, uses full body armor, uses jet propelled boots which allow him to fly, and has increased advance scanners that can pick up anomalous brain patters or power levels. He also employs the use of two "beta batons," which fire very powerful energy blasts capable of knocking out an Eternal, like Sersi. He also claims to be trained in the ways of Ancient Kree.

Regarding prep time, neither will have much information on the other. The kree do not know the Olympian Gods. there is an off chance that the lymians maigt have learned of the Olympians through their somewhat tenuous relationship with the Eternals. I will say right off, this is not likely but it is possible.

Pluto will be wearing his MAGICAL hemet of invisibilty (built by the Cyclops (sons of Gaea ((Mother Earth) and Uranus (the Sky)) in mythological times) and will therefore be completely undetectable to a Kree who would have no clue about it. He will first touch Korath and as such will weaken him greatly and then with superhuman speed of which Korath has none will use his adamantium axe on him. Of course the touch itself is enough to overcome Korath's defenses.

Also note that Pluto is class 75, has a magical helmet, is invulnerable, can regenerate at immense speed and has thousands of years of experience. Not to mention he is a master of magics and can cause weakness with a touch.

Winner - Pluto

Old 06-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #1275
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

I'm doing Super Skrull vs. Alex Powers later...but, how cool that we have two characters with the powers of four other characters fighting each other.