VS.

BRACKET 4:

Pluto (AHURA MAZDA) bio

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #1353
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 2

Basically, any information you find about Stamford is fair to use. Remember, this location is populated; so, that might effect your battle somewhat.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #1354
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Debating May Begin!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 04:01 AM   #1355
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45 View Post
BRACKET 3:

Belasco (PHAEDRUS45) bio

VS.

BRACKET 4:

Pluto (AHURA MAZDA) bio

Again Phaed and I face each other. We have knowledge of each other's strategies but any knowledge our characters would have would be 3rd hand at best.

Pluto is a Death God who sits in a council made up of the other Death Gods (which surprisingly includes Mephisto) while Belasco is a demon serving what he claims to be the Elder Gods (none of the major ones who are Set, Cthon, Atum and Geia). Pluto will know he is facing a supernatural creature with magical powers (given all demons have them) and Belasco will know he is facing the Olympian God of Death.

Now onto the powers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Pluto possesses all of the conventional superhuman attributes of an Olympian. Pluto is superhumanly strong, considerably more so than the majority of the Olympians. Among his race, his strength is equaled only by Neptune and Ares and is exceeded only by Zeus and Hercules. Pluto's body is also virtually tireless, granting him almost limitless superhuman stamina equaled only by his nephews Ares and Hercules and by his brothers Neptune and Zeus. Pluto's body is highly resistant to all forms of physical injury.He has proven capable of withstanding powerful impact forces, temperature extremes, and powerful energy blasts all without sustaining injury.

However, it is possible to cause him injury, but he is capable of completely recovering with superhuman levels of speed. The speed and extent of his healing powers far exceeds that of most other Olympians. Like all other members of his race, Pluto is immortal in the sense that he is immune to the effects of aging. He hasn't aged since reaching adulthood and is also immune to all known diseases.

Pluto controls vast magical powers which he can use for numerous effects including generating powerful energy blasts, temporarily increasing his physical attributes, granting superhuman powers to other beings or objects, creating highly durable force fields, interdimensional teleportation, etc. As a Death God, Pluto has a pact with Death that allows him to claim the souls of any worshipper of the Greek Gods and take them to his Underworld as his servants. He is capable of draining the energy and lifeforce from those that he touches, skin to skin, with his hand, even other gods. The various Death Gods have their own alliance, though there is some internal competition as well, as seen when both Hela and Plu.to tried to claim the soul of Odin after his death.

Pluto also is in possession of a helmet that renders him invisible and undetectable, even to his fellow gods. He also owns several adamantine axes. These axes are nearly indestructible and Pluto can use these axes to channel his magical energies.

Although he typically prefers to use minions, Pluto is a formidable hand to hand combatant. He is particularly skilled in employing his energy manipulating capabilities during combat situations.
Here are a few of the things he had done in the comics:

Notably, in his second Thor appearance, he fought Thor in an alternate future on earth which is not in Hades, and he fought both him and Sif. Thor was able to survive but not defeat Pluto. Again they battled in Asgard when Pluto came to get Odin's body and he was in the process of defeating him (having used his touch to greatly weaken Thor making him unconscious) when the Norns shattered his axe using a spell from behind their well. Pluto still had the better of him until Odin awakenned, Hela having restored him and Pluto left.

In his first appearance, having tricked Hercules, Pluto was able to sheathe himself in mystic flame which made him impervious to harm. Thor was only able to save himself by controlling the weather and using Mjollnir to drain the mystic energies. he however was not able to defeat Pluto in hand to hand combat.

In both appearances Pluto had full access to his armies and was teleporting back and forth.

There is one bad appearance which I can only say was bad writing given it happenned in Hades and Ulik was bullying Pluto. Pluto did not do anything....I have no explanation for it except for very bad writing. Please note especially this appearance happenned in Hades where Pluto is supreme.

I am sure my adversary will fill you in on Belasco's powers.

Having got that out of the way I will move on to the battle proper. This will be a very interesting and tough one. Belasco claims to be invulnerable except for his sword whch can harm him. However something else should harm him and that is Pluto's touch which can drain energy off of any creature. This includes Gods.

Physically the combat would be interesting except that Pluto is significantly stronger (class 70) and faster (Olympian speed versus no super speed) and more endurant. Belasco may however be invulnerable to Pluto's axe.

The magic battle is also not likely to be conclusive because Belasco is not in dr. Strange's league and Dr. strange was incapable of defeating Pluto when engaging him with the Defenders (they won by awakening Zeus onto Pluto's dealings which caused Pluto to run). On the other hand, I do not see Pluto overpowering Belasco just by magic.

There is however another big advantage and that is Pluto can render himself invisible and undetectable.

They are both likely to engage in a mystical battle at first (in fact if they both had access to their armies they would both be sending in those at first). Eventually they will engae in a physiacl battle. Belasco may be an expert swordsman but he does not have a chance given that Pluto is incredibly stronger then him and amazingly faster. No matter how good a swordsman, you cannnot fight against someone who is hitting with a force greater then a moving train, faster then your eye can see, and done invisibly. However, as much as Pluto's blows may cause some displacement to Belasco (I just mean that he would fall back with the impact) they will not harm him. Pluto will realise this and use his touch. This touch affects all forms of life including Gods and it will affect Belasco. It should render Belasco unconscious as it did a fully powerred Thor.

This will be a good battle and one where both combattants will be tested and the area decimated but Pluto will inexorably come out on top of this one.

Winner - Pluto

Old 08-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #1356
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Pluto vs. Belasco:

A cool match-up! This is heavy hitter vs. heavy hitter. First, neither gets an advantage or disadvantage due to the location. Neither will know much about Stamford, but they won't care about it being occupied with citizens, either. Hell hath come to Stamford!!!

Here is the bios:

Belasco's Bio:

Quote:
Belasco is one of the most powerful sorcerers on Earth and possesses a wide knowledge of spells, allowing him to shoot mystical rays, control the minds of humans and animals, and transform himself and others, among other things.
He was also endowed by the Elder Gods with immortality and apparent invulnerability. The exception to this is his own sword, which was forged by the Elder Gods themselves. It was this which cut off his right arm under unrevealed circumstances.
He has also come to possess a wide knowledge of the advanced technology left by the Atlanteans in Pangea.
Additional skills: He is an exceptional swordsman and battle tactician and recently seen wielding a battle axe with great skill.

Pluto:

Quote:
AbilitiesManipulation of magical energies,
Superhuman strength, stamina and durability,
Immortality,
Regenerative healing factor,
Energy-draining touch,
Ability to manipulate the spirits of the dead under his control,
Helmet grants Invisibility.
Belasco has one main advantage...this location is occupied, and any animal or person is his to use to his advantage. He'll use it to the fullest extent. So, while in previous battles Pluto has had his armies constantly backing him up, this time he does not. In fact, it's Belasco with a vast army of anyone or thing he comes into contact with.

Now, Pluto has been a very tough opponent to beat; but, so has Belasco. While my opponent can point out where Pluto has almost defeated members of the Avengers or Thor and company, Belasco has defeated the X-Men, also. And, his one weakness is something that Pluto will not have access to.

Later, I'll provide more in the terms of debate, but thought an opening argument to one of my matches was finally due.

Winner = Belasco

Old 08-13-2007, 05:18 AM   #1357
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Pluto vs. Belasco - Rebuttal

Quote:

A cool match-up! This is heavy hitter vs. heavy hitter. First, neither gets an advantage or disadvantage due to the location. Neither will know much about Stamford, but they won't care about it being occupied with citizens, either. Hell hath come to Stamford!!!
i think we are in agreement here.

Quote:
Here is the bios:

Belasco's Bio:

Quote:
Belasco is one of the most powerful sorcerers on Earth and possesses a wide knowledge of spells, allowing him to shoot mystical rays, control the minds of humans and animals, and transform himself and others, among other things.
He was also endowed by the Elder Gods with immortality and apparent invulnerability. The exception to this is his own sword, which was forged by the Elder Gods themselves. It was this which cut off his right arm under unrevealed circumstances.
He has also come to possess a wide knowledge of the advanced technology left by the Atlanteans in Pangea.
Additional skills: He is an exceptional swordsman and battle tactician and recently seen wielding a battle axe with great skill.
I would like to add something to the above which I just found:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel.com
His powers had become linked with that of Limbo, as evidenced when Illyana assumed more magical power and took on a demonic form, reverting Belasco to a human appearance, and vice versa when Illyana cast off her demonic form.He similarly remained vulnerable to Illyana's Soulsword, the manifestation of her mystic potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marveldirectory.com
When they fought their climactic battle in limbo, Magik took on a demonic form while simultaneously Belasco reverted to human form, losing most of his power and his invulnerability in the process.
Based on the above it is evident that his powers are based on energy he gets from the limbo dimension. Therefore Pluto's energy draining powers are likely to have a devestating effect given they could revert Belasco to human form as well. Another thing to note is that belasco's main comic book adversary is not some uber powerred sorceror or individual but majik who has repeatedly defeated him. Even ka-zar defeated him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marveldirectory.com
This time he had intended to turn Ka-Zar and Shanna into demons who would serve as parents to a new demonic race. He also planned to find Illyana and use her to bring the Elder Gods to Earth. However, Ka-Zar seized Belasco's sword which the Elder Gods had forged, and impaled him with it just as Shanna recited a spell from a book of Belasco's that caused Belasco and the sword to vanish.
Quote:
Belasco has one main advantage...this location is occupied, and any animal or person is his to use to his advantage. He'll use it to the fullest extent. So, while in previous battles Pluto has had his armies constantly backing him up, this time he does not. In fact, it's Belasco with a vast army of anyone or thing he comes into contact with.
That would be surprising given he has never controlled alarge mass of humans and was unable to control quite a few like Ka-zar. His mind controlling is limited. Plus he is fightuing an invisible opponent who he cannot sense but who can sense him.

Also if he was such a good mind controller how is it Ka-zar defeated him again as well. He has no mind resistant powers. I would just like to be shown an example of Belaco controlling a large population of humans on Earth.

Quote:
Now, Pluto has been a very tough opponent to beat; but, so has Belasco. While my opponent can point out where Pluto has almost defeated members of the Avengers or Thor and company, Belasco has defeated the X-Men, also. And, his one weakness is something that Pluto will not have access to.
You forgot to mention the Defenders (the A team with Strange) and he only met defeat through the aid of a skyfather, either Odin or more often Zeus. Actually that is wrong given he carries his sword on him and therefore Pluto has access to it. When it comes to a physical battle Belasco who has only normal human strength and normal human speed would be facing an opponent with Olympian speed and class 75 strength (enough strength to trade blows with Thor).

In any case, Pluto would just need a touch and it would be over. Belasco is not immune to that touch and his energies are drainable.

Another thing to note is that Pluto is a third generation descendant of an elder goddess, Gaea, and actually knows about Atum and the demogorge so he is very knowledgeable of the Elder Gods of which theer were only 5 I believe.

Quote:
Later, I'll provide more in the terms of debate, but thought an opening argument to one of my matches was finally due.
Thankyou for posting something.

Winner = Pluto

Last edited by Ahura Mazda; 08-13-2007 at 05:22 AM.
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #1358
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Voting May Begin!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:18 AM   #1359
Harlekin
Business

Pluto

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #1360
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Pluto

kytrigger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:37 AM   #1361
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Pluto

Old 08-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #1362
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Pluto

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #1363
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Pluto

Old 08-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #1364
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Pluto - Even if his touch didn't work on Belasco, I don't think Belasco has enough power to put Pluto down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #1365
POWdER-man
Ancient but wise

Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgular
A census-taker tried to test me once. I ate his liver with McNuggets and a vanilla milkshake. Rabble rabble
"On the internet you can choose to be anything you want. So why do so many choose to be idiots?"
POWdER-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #1366
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Final Results:

Pluto defeats Belasco 7-0