Black Knight (Dane)
Iron Clad
Black Panther
Radioactive Man - back and forth on this one

Old 11-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #253
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Durok - great defence by kytrigger though - Ahura's characters are all uber powerful
Black Knight - location gives him the edge
Iron Clad - doesn't need to last too long before the rays come out
Black Panther - Harlekin's comeback begins - this actually made me want to go read some BP
Radioactive Man - location favours Radioactive Man this time

Old 11-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #254
hippy fascist
Banned User

Results So Far:
Durok The Demolisher currently beating Trevor Fitzroy 10-7
Black Knight-Dane currently beating Captain Britain-Kelsey 16-1
Iron Clad currently beating Half-Life 11-6
Black Panther currently beating Magik 13-4
Radioactive Man currently beating Thunderbird-Exiles 11-6

hippy fascist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #255
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Final Results:

Durok The Demolisher beat Trevor Fitzroy 10-7
Black Knight-Dane beat Captain Britain-Kelsey 16-1
Iron Clad beat Half-Life 11-6
Black Panther beat Magik 13-4
Radioactive Man beat Thunderbird-Exiles 11-6

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #256
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

Good match Kytigger, that was a very tough debate. I got lucky.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #257
hippy fascist
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
Radioactive Man beat Thunderbird-Exiles 11-6
Good debate weigeabo, if it wasn't for the people I think it would have been tied again. I look forward to our next match

Old 11-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #258
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

T-Bird/R-Man was a hell of a match.

For me, it's on par with my Strong Guy/Constrictor match. And the only reason I'd say that was a harder match is because it did tie a second time and went to Spart's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #259
Harlekin
Business

Nicely debated Wieg. I'm going to make sure T'Challa goes far, especially since I liked Illyana and would've gladly seen her go to the next round. The Panther is just that more of a badass though.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #260
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

BRACKET 1,

Match 11:

Black Tom Cassidy (KYTRIGGER) bio

vs.

Nocturne - Exiles (HELLSTORMER) bio

Match 12:

Agatha Harkness (HIPPY FASCIST) bio

vs.

Thor Girl (WOLVERINE25TH) bio

Old 11-17-2006, 12:45 PM   #261
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

BRACKET 2,

Match 11:

Spider - Exiles (HELLSTORMER) bio

vs.

Black Cat (HELLSTORMER) bio

Match 12:

Captain Britain - Brian Braddock (DARTHPHERE) bio

vs.

Falcon & Redwing (DARKHELLRIDER) bio

Old 11-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #262
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

BADLANDS

This mystic realm was fashioned by the Demon-Bear as an idealized version of the American southwest.

(This location was not originally intended for Week 6. It was suppose to be The Cage; but, I discovered little can be found about the location, other than it took away all superpowers when running. So, I didn't think it fair to take away everyone's powers. As I don't have any matches this week, I came up with the first substitute location that I came to. Location was changed, and just figure you are out in the American Southwest, idealized version. No inhabitants, except the normal animals and bugs that you'd expect to find. If your character can find out any more information on this area that may be of help, then it's fair game.)

Old 11-17-2006, 01:17 PM   #263
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
Good match Kytigger, that was a very tough debate. I got lucky.
Good match to you too. You picked a good character and had an even better debate.

kytrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:59 PM   #264
hippy fascist
Banned User

Agatha Harkness Vs Thor Girl

Ok so, tracking down accurate descriptions of agatha's power was difficult but I've finally found one and I was pleasently surprised

Quote:
Known Powers:
Sorcery: The ability to tap this universe's infinite store of ambient magical energy and manipulate these to a variety of effects. A skill derived from three major sources: personal powers of the mind/soul/body, powers gained by tapping the universe's ambient magical energy and employing it for specific effects and finally, powers gained through the tapping of extra-dimensional energy by invoking entities or objects of power existing in mystical dimensions tangential to her own. The latter means of power is usually gained by the recitation of incantations.
Thor Girl is no stronger than any normal asgardian. She lost her cosmic power meaning that when agatha starts sending TIDAL WAVES of magical energy in her direction at the very least it's going to take her out of commision

Quote:
Some of these effects include forming magical energy bolts with a high degree of potency and control. Erect energy shields or screens with a high degree of imperviousness to both physical and magical damage, create illusions, teleportation across the face of the Earth or into a mystical dimension, thoughtcasting over short or vast distances in a manner virtually identical with telepathy, levitation and astral projection.
We are talking about someone who can wield magic on a par with the likes of doctor strange. Magical shields, teleportation, bolts of raw energy... thor girl is certainly outclassed without her previous powers!

Quote:
Agatha has a vast knowledge of sorcerous spells and incantations invoking names and aspects of various extra-dimensional objects and beings of power. Through these incantations the mage is able to call upon these extra-dimensional power sources for very specific effects without taxing her personal abilities.
As in rather than reciting the incantation for a shield in between attacks, it will be running in the background as she unleashes hell upon thor girl. To take on agatha is to take on an army of spirits and demonic entities.

Thor Girl used to be a seriously powerful character, but after the power downgrade she just can't compete at this level.

WINNER: AGATHA HARKNESS!

Last edited by hippy fascist; 11-17-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #265
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
BADLANDS

This mystic realm was fashioned by the Demon-Bear as an idealized version of the American southwest.

(This location was not originally intended for Week 6. It was suppose to be The Cage; but, I discovered little can be found about the location, other than it took away all superpowers when running. So, I didn't think it fair to take away everyone's powers. As I don't have any matches this week, I came up with the first substitute location that I came to. Location was changed, and just figure you are out in the American Southwest, idealized version. No inhabitants, except the normal animals and bugs that you'd expect to find. If your character can find out any more information on this area that may be of help, then it's fair game.)

That couldve been interesting.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #266
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick

Just for clarification, Agatha's cat would not be joining her in the fight. Only Agatha would be transported to the Badlands.

No pussy allowed in the Badlands!!!

Old 11-17-2006, 04:29 PM   #267
hippy fascist
Banned User

Quote:
Just for clarification, Agatha's cat would not be joining her in the fight. Only Agatha would be transported to the Badlands.

Either way, agatha's power levels are off the charts, and it doesn't prevent her from summoning spirits/demons to aid her, thor girl's toast.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:02 PM   #268
Hellstormer
Side-Kick

Quote:
BRACKET 2,

Match 11:

Spider - Exiles (HELLSTORMER) bio

vs.

Black Cat (HELLSTORMER) bio

Yea vote for Spider!

Seriously do I have to even debate they're my characters I tihnk I should be allowed to tall everyone to vote for Spider and expect them to do it....

Fine, Black Cat's rally outmatched her, this is homicidal Peter Parker with a symbiote costume meaning the only thing that could really hurt him is sonic waves which, last time I checked, Black Cat doesn't carry. Neither would have information about one another but still this Peter Parker is a sidistic bastard that'll go for the easy kill the minute the match starts. He'll run in there find her slit her throat and walk away 'nuff said.

Winner=Spider

R.I.P. Heath, you got the last laugh...
Hellstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:10 PM   #269
Hellstormer
Side-Kick

Quote:

BRACKET 1,

Match 11:

vs.

This is gonna be a fun battle. Ok let's lay down the powers first. We have Nocturne who has, according to Wiki, "Ability to possess others, can fire "Hex Bolts," enhanced agility, low level telepathy". Now what exactly are hex bolts are like pure energy or like fire or...what. I don't kow maybe someone could shed some light on that?

Now Black Tom on the other hand has, Wiki, "Generates destructive concussive force through a wooden medium
(formerly) Control and manipulation of all manner of plant life".

Now this particular Tom I believe is Pre-M which means he's gonna be a tough cookie with all those plants around him. Nocturne was pre-Crystal place so she won't have info beyond her common knowledge but wait when she came to 616 uuniverse she infilitrated Black Tom's team so she knows the extent of his powers and understand that she cannot posess him, but he'll know just as much about her. As soon as she comes into the ring she'll have to isolate him from plants and nail him with hex bolts, which I assume have some kind've fire to them, if she can get him far enough away and hit him with those hex bolts, keep her distance and use her agility she can easily beat him but it'll take time and she might not come out in the best of shape.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:44 PM   #270
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
????????????????????????????

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:13 PM   #271
Hellstormer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit
????????????????????????????
Yea I think she should be automatically disqualified and Spider should advance.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #272
hippy fascist
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstormer
Now what exactly are hex bolts are like pure energy or like fire or...what. I don't kow maybe someone could shed some light on that?
scroll down and read the first paragraph on powers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Witch

Old 11-18-2006, 12:51 AM   #273
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Quote:
BRACKET 1,

Match 11:

vs.

This is a good match up, but one tht Black Tom should definately win.

First, let's go over Black Tom's powers. This is the newer version of him right before HOM and he can control all plant life. While the old Tom (pictured above) was awesome simply for the fact that he carried a shillelagh, the newer version is much more powerful and even more dangerous because he's completely psychotic. Of course I would be too if I looked like this:

Anyway, on with the debate. To get prep time out of the way, I believe both characters have no real advantage here. Both were on the saem Brotherhood team for a while and both know each other's powers pretty well, so I would call that a toss up.

Now going into the battle, Black Tom knows that Nocturne has great agility and that her teleporting would make her very hard to hit her. That's why he would make multiple copies of himself with teh surrounding trees. Nocturne could definately dodge one Black Tom for a while, but it's much harder to dodge several Black Tom's, especially when each is just as free thinking as the original. They aren't mindless zombies attacking, they can each create their own independent plan to take her down.

With that being said, it is also almost completely impossible for her to actually harm Black Tom as well. Even is she did get lucky and get in a good strike, he can instantly reform himslef from the plant life. And remember, plant life doesn't just mean trees either. He can control and use the trees, bushes, and even underground roots which are pretty much everywhere.

Basically, Nocturne is surrounded, and while I am sure she could dodge all of his attacks for a little bit, she would eventually get hit, and then she's screwed. Black tom also has the ability to "suck" the life energy out of someone, and once he hit her, he would instantly start draining her of her energy. While she might be able to get away once, she would definately be weakened and he could easily get to her again.

Whiel her hex bolts would help her dodge for a while, I don't see anyway, they would actually help her defeat Black Tom since he would just reform again if anythign happened to him.

Also, while she does have some psychic control powers, Black Tom has proven incredibly hard to control. She tried to control him once and it took all of her energy to get him to just release his grip. And while she was doing that, he was being attacked by others AND being sucked into a black hole which gave her a big advantage.

Overall, Nocturne is a good fighter and could definately dodge Black Tom's attacks for longer than most, butthere is no real way she could hurt him. Eventually she would get hit by one of his multiple angle attacks/clones and she wold be done for.

Winner- Black Tom

Old 11-19-2006, 12:06 PM   #274
kytrigger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstormer
Now this particular Tom I believe is Pre-M which means he's gonna be a tough cookie with all those plants around him. Nocturne was pre-Crystal place so she won't have info beyond her common knowledge but wait when she came to 616 uuniverse she infilitrated Black Tom's team so she knows the extent of his powers and understand that she cannot posess him, but he'll know just as much about her. As soon as she comes into the ring she'll have to isolate him from plants and nail him with hex bolts, which I assume have some kind've fire to them, if she can get him far enough away and hit him with those hex bolts, keep her distance and use her agility she can easily beat him but it'll take time and she might not come out in the best of shape.
Rebuttal

While it would defiantely benefit Nocturne to keep Black Tom away form all plants, that is almost impossible to do. The plants don't have to be visible to be controlled, so he can control the roots in the ground just as well.

As for the hex bolts, I'm pretty sure they are just "bolts" that if they hit him will make him unlucky in one aspect (like if he's chasing her and gets hit, he;ll trip.) Or if they're inside adn she hits the ceiling with one, it might collapse on him. I don't think there is any fire property to it though. At least that is how I've always thought of hex bolts (and looking at the bio posted by Hippy that is what I assume is true. Either way, these won't do enough damage Black Tom seeing as how he can regenerate with new plant life if he even got hurt. While they might allow Nocturne even more time to evade him, she will go down eventually.

Winner- Black Tom Cassidy

Old 11-19-2006, 12:35 PM   #275
Hellstormer
Side-Kick

Rebuttal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytrigger

While it would defiantely benefit Nocturne to keep Black Tom away form all plants, that is almost impossible to do. The plants don't have to be visible to be controlled, so he can control the roots in the ground just as well.
Well the area is the Badlands, which as magical properties that Nocturne can use and is bases after the American Southwest whihc has very sparse plantlife so I don't think it would be that hard to keep him away from a few patches of grass and her hex bolts bend probability (Thanks Hippy) so she could maybe make all the plants around him die

Winner=Nocturne