The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2006, 07:50 PM   #26
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,834
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

bump

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #27
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Helix
Strong-Guy
Sasquatch
Dazzler

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:56 PM   #28
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,419
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Helix (tough choice. I think I can see a way for Fist to win, but the question is if he'd get the time to do it)
Strong Guy
Sasquatch
Dazzler (I think she'd be able to disrupt Mastermind's concentration)

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #29
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,834
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Results So Far:

Helix currently beating Iron Fist 11-1
Strong Guy currently beating Green Goblin 11-1
Blizzard currently tied with Sasquatch 6-6
Mastermind currently beating Dazzler 8-4

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:10 PM   #30
Midnight Ice
Side-Kick
 
Midnight Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Watching the Watchmen
Posts: 3,746
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Sorry for not debating. Here are my votes though:

Iron Fist
Strong Guy
Sasquatch
Mastermind

__________________
Go Louisville Cardinals!!
Midnight Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:51 PM   #31
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,834
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Results So Far:

Helix currently beating Iron Fist 11-2
Strong Guy currently beating Green Goblin 12-1
Sasquatch currently beating Blizzard 7-6
Mastermind currently beating Dazzler 9-4

(The only participants who haven't voted in this thread are Trigger, DarkHellRider, and AnnoyingSilence)

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #32
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,834
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Final Results:

Helix defeated Iron Fist 11-2
Strong Guy defeated Green Goblin 12-1
Sasquatch defeated Blizzard 7-6
Mastermind defeated Dazzler 9-4

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #33
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,306
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Score one for the good guys!

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #34
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Knew it was an uphill battle anyway

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:09 AM   #35
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,834
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1



BRACKET 1,

Match 3:

Prodigy - Slingers (HARLEKIN) bio



vs.

Donald Pierce (ICEMAN/PSYLOCKE) bio




Match 4:

Night Thrasher (WOLVERINE25TH) bio



vs.

Iron Man (PHAEDRUS45) bio


Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:41 AM   #36
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 53,667
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

I'm not up to two super-long posts in one day so I'll keep this one sweet.



Donald Pierce's abilities according to Wiki:

Quote:
Donald Pierce is a cyborg with superhuman strength. His reflexes and agility are also inhumanly fast. These attributes are derived from his artificial body. His body has great resistance to damage and even if it is destroyed, as long as his head is intact he will probably survive. There is nothing left of his original human body except the head, and how much of the head is even original is unknown. It is unknown if he still has his original brain or if he uploaded his memories, intelligence, and thought engrams into a cyborg computer brain.
Aside from his physical advantages, Donald Pierce is a genius in robotics, cybernetics, and electronics. In these fields he has developed technology that exceeds that of conventional science by approximately two centuries. He also has vast financial resources (a requirement for membership in the Hellfire club).
This guy will be using his prep time well. Cybernetic brain, oodles of cash and Hellfire Club membership means he'll know whatever he needs to know to win this fight by the time it comes around.

This part was also interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive source (wiki)
Predictably, Prodigy is defeated by Iron Man and apprehended by SHIELD agents.
I'll leave it there for now unless my esteemed opponent comes up with a good argument.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:04 AM   #37
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,834
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

BRACKET 2,

Match 3:

Sunfire - Famine (JEWISHHOBBIT) bio



vs.

Sabastian Shaw (DARTHPHERE) bio




Match 4:

Magnus - Exiles (HELLSTORMER) bio



vs.

Ezekial (PHAEDRUS45) bio


Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #38
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Prodigy (Slingers) vs Donald Pierce

You've basically got the jerk of the Slingers versus the ***** of the Hellfire Club. Both of these lads are superstrong, and have a degree of superhuman reflexes. The fun thing about Prodigy though is that he's a lot more versatile in his movement. Whenever you see Donald Pierce show up, he has to engage his foe in hand-to-hand combat to be effective. Prodigy can use an old tactic called hit and run, thanks to the fact that he has the ability to leap as high and far that it almost constitutes flying.

Now it comes to the actual fighting portion. Both are dirty fighters, and if you think Prodigy, being a hero, isn't much of a dirty fighter, read the Slingers series. The man is a grade A jerk and has little qualms with pushing the boundaries of what he can and can't do. If he figures out Pierce can survive headless, then we're talking immediate decapitation baby. Which is exactly something that we shouldn't forget. The prep-time aspect. Prodigy is a no-name obscure superhero, Donald Pierce is a high-class, well-regarded member of the Hellfire Club. If you bet on which one of the two has the better luck in finding info on the other, I'd place my bets on Prodigy.

But the most important part of it all though is quite simply the fact that to Prodigy, the ends do justify the means, and the world's pretty black and white. He's the hero. Pierce is the villain. That means Prodigy is going to go in there and utterly pound the **** of the cyborg. Which is exactly what I want to point out from good old wikipedia:
Quote:
He was beaten by Wolverine in hand-to-hand combat even though he is several times stronger than Logan.
Donald Pierce isn't a martial artist, nor is he even really trained in any type of fighting art. Prodigy is a wrestler, and a good old brawler, a brawler that will stop at nothing to get what he wants. The added fact of him probably being as strong, if not stronger than Pierce makes me come to only conclusion: Pierce's a dead man.

WINNER=PRODIGY

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #39
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 53,667
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Rebuttal: Prodigy (Slingers) vs Donald Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin
You've basically got the jerk of the Slingers versus the ***** of the Hellfire Club. Both of these lads are superstrong, and have a degree of superhuman reflexes. The fun thing about Prodigy though is that he's a lot more versatile in his movement. Whenever you see Donald Pierce show up, he has to engage his foe in hand-to-hand combat to be effective. Prodigy can use an old tactic called hit and run, thanks to the fact that he has the ability to leap as high and far that it almost constitutes flying.
He still has to be able to get away from the guy in the first place and that depends on who has the faster reflexes, not how far you can get once you’ve broken free. Someone attached to a bungee cable may (?) be able to temporarily escape from Bruce Lee in a fight and get away very far and use the hit and run tactic in this way but it doesn’t actually help. Whenever the two of them come together they will both get the chance for a few quick hits before the guy escapes again. It doesn’t mean that the guy jumping in will get the better of the exchange at any point. I’d advise him to use the ability to get the hell out while he still can.

If he was superior to Pierce there would be no need to use this tactic. Giving Pierce time is also unwise as he is by far the more intelligent man and can out-think the kid while he waits for him to return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin
Now it comes to the actual fighting portion. Both are dirty fighters, and if you think Prodigy, being a hero, isn't much of a dirty fighter, read the Slingers series. The man is a grade A jerk and has little qualms with pushing the boundaries of what he can and can't do. If he figures out Pierce can survive headless, then we're talking immediate decapitation baby.
Pierce is a fully fledged villain, no claims to the contrary, so he can only outdo Prodigy in this respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin
Which is exactly something that we shouldn't forget. The prep-time aspect. Prodigy is a no-name obscure superhero, Donald Pierce is a high-class, well-regarded member of the Hellfire Club. If you bet on which one of the two has the better luck in finding info on the other, I'd place my bets on Prodigy.
There’s finding info of the type that we get on the internet and there’s finding info that can be crucial to winning a fight. Yes, Pierce is famous but the Hellfire Club is an ultra secretive organisation. Everyone’s heard of them on a surface level but getting useful inside information is something that is way beyond this guy. Prodigy is obscure in the way that an ordinary human is. That doesn’t mean that it’s difficult in the technological age for a resourceful man with money and contacts to find the information he needs.

Prep time to a high school jock and to a high ranking Hellfire Club member and mechanical genius with access to technology from 200 years into the future, vast financial backing, and a huge network of useful underworld contacts is two different things. Whatever info Pierce finds on Prodigy he has the resources to act on it to combat the guy’s weaknesses.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin
But the most important part of it all though is quite simply the fact that to Prodigy, the ends do justify the means, and the world's pretty black and white. He's the hero. Pierce is the villain.
I follow this argument up to here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin
That means Prodigy is going to go in there and utterly pound the **** of the cyborg.
Not sure how this follows from the above though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin
Which is exactly what I want to point out from good old wikipedia:
Quote:
He was beaten by Wolverine in hand-to-hand combat even though he is several times stronger than Logan.
Quote:
Predictably, Prodigy is defeated by Iron Man and apprehended by SHIELD agents.
The use of the word predictably is what makes this quote the more damning of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin
Donald Pierce isn't a martial artist, nor is he even really trained in any type of fighting art. Prodigy is a wrestler, and a good old brawler, a brawler that will stop at nothing to get what he wants. The added fact of him probably being as strong, if not stronger than Pierce makes me come to only conclusion: Pierce's a dead man.
When you say Prodigy is a wrestler you mean he was captain of his college wrestling team. We’re not talking master of his art here. In other words there’s no reason why I couldn’t beat him in a fight. His wrestling skills are not on a level where they will have any impact on this match.

Most, if not all, fighting styles (including wrestling) take advantage of weaknesses in the human body attacking pressure points, using nerve holds etc. Getting a cyborg into a move that would cause even the most durable human to submit will not hurt a cyborg who doesn’t suffer from the same physiological weaknesses.

Quote:
Ritchie Gilmore is a typical jock, captain of his college wrestling team, and one of the most popular guys in school.
This sums up our boy. He’s just a juiced up jerk of a kid with little in the way of brains going up against a veteran foe of the X-Men who has seen it all.

A few other Pierce tributes:
Quote:
Powers and Abilities:
cybernetic adamantium enhancements augment his strength, speed, agility, endurance, and reflexes, cybermorphic limbs, release plasma and electromagnetic force, self-propelled flight capabilities
Quote:
he has phenomenal strength, heightened sensory abilities, and the ability to send electrical charges through his arms, among other things
Quote:
He created a body out of adamantium, among other things, for himself. His arms have morphing capabilities, and his left eye is completely bionic, with external circuitry

WINNER: Donald Pierce

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:43 PM   #40
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,834
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

LOCATION: ATTILAN

Attilan is the ancestral home of the Inhumans, a highly advanced offshoot of the human race. About seven thousand years ago, the Inhumans grew tired of centuries of persecution by their more primitive parent race, and decided to create a place of refuge for themselves. Under the leadership of King Myran, the Inhumans chose as a site for their city a small island in the northern Atlantic Ocean, located about two hundred miles southwest of Iceland. The city, which took several decades to complete, was named Attilan, a name derived from Atlantis, the former pinnacle of civilization on Earth that had vanished beneath the sea about three millennia before. Attilan has been the sole center of the Inhuman population ever since.
For millennia, the Inhumans dwelled in Attilan, isolated from contact with mainstream humanity except for an occasional encounter with a lost Greek or Viking sailing vessel. Finally, in the mid-Twentieth Century, with the advent of steamships and airplanes, the Inhumans began to fear discovery by the human race. When one of his subjects was captured by human beings, young king Black Bolt determined that the Inhumans must move their civilization to some place more secure. Employing anti-gravity generators, the Inhumans moved their entire city and its foundation in one piece. The new site of Attilan, a hidden valley in the Himalayan Mountain range in China, was excavated by the Eternals, another variant offshoot of humanity. The Himalayan site of Attilan became known as "the Great Refuge." The Himalayas did not prove to be remote enough to enable the Inhumans to retain their secrecy, however, and soon the Inhumans' existence became known to several of the governments of the outside world, although not to the general public. While in the Himalayas, all of Attilan's ancient architecture was accidentally destroyed by Black Bolt and the city has been extensively redesigned and rebuilt.

(SINCE WE JUST HAD THE LAST LOCATION BE THE BLUE AREA OF THE MOON, THIS IS ATTILAN IN THE HIMALAYAS. EVERYTHING IS THERE, EXCEPT THE PEOPLE.)

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #41
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,306
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Sebastian Shaw takes down Sunfire.


Sebastian Shaw is a formidable mutant that absorbs kinetic energy and rechannels it to physical strenght, also making him much more "hard" hehe and gains more endurance.

Sunfire as Famine retains all the powers of the original SUnfire which include absorbing solar energy which allows him to fly and ionize matter to create plasma blasts. As Famine he is able to stimulate the optic nerve into believing oneself to be starving.

In Attilan the two meet up, these two have some knowledge of each other and probably have fought before. The one distinct advantage Sunfire has is his ability to fly. Sunfire would be shooting plasma blasts at Shaw causing some damage but since its all kinetic (moving) energy, Shaw would be able to become stronger and endure more of his attacks. The trick here is for Sebastian Shaw not to be affacted by Sunfires optic attack, and that would prove most difficult. As Sunfire would probably stick to the air, Sebastain Shaw would be forced to hurl objects from the ground to try to force him down, and he would be successful at this.

Once on the ground, Sebastian Shaw would be able to use his stored up physical strenght and lay a beatdown on Sunfire that he would wish he was still in Japan making Playstations. Tough match, but Sebastian Shaw is a very formidable foe and not one to take lightly, more powers doesnt equal better character remember that.

Sebastian Shaw wins.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #42
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,834
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

IRON MAN VS. NIGHT THRASHER:

Ok, let's get the information on Night Thrasher out of the way:

"Immune to telepathy, skilled martial artist, advanced body armor."

There you go, that's it. First, his being immune to telepathy isn't a factor in the match-up at all. It's the last two that will play any importance on this match. And, if you think about it, with Tony's ability for flight, even Dwayne's skilled martial arts really won't even play a factor. So, that leaves us with one thing: Advanced Body Armor. Now, against many other foes, this might be something to take into account. But, let's look at the armor of Tony Stark.

Oh ..... yeah .... That's the thing. While Night Thrasher has only two sets of armor (which, he'd obviously bring his Mach II armor to the fight, and Tony would know that), Tony Stark has numerous styles to choose from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man%27s_armor

Wow...look at all that armor. And, here is the thing. Dwayne won't know what kind of fight he'll be expecting. While Tony will realize that Dwayne would be a fool to bring anything other than his heavier Mach II armor, Dwayne is going to be a deer caught in Iron Man's headlights.

Tony will know EVERYTHING about Night Thrasher. It's all in either the Avenger's database, or Tony would be able to easily access the appropriate information for a number of places. So, anything Night Thrasher's armor could do would, more than likely, be well documented.

Meanwhile, Tony Stark has developed numerous fail safes throughout the years on information about his own suits of armor. Everyone is aware of his need for privacy in his innovations....Dwayne wouldn't be able to even touch the tip of the iceberg on everything Tony has going for him.

This brings me to why I don't need to go into detailed explanations about how I will defeat Night Thrasher. Mainly, Night Thrasher won't know how. High in the himilayas, Dwayne won't know what's coming. And, coming from an opponent who's gone toe-to-toe with such great characters, like Dr. Doom, this will be an easy victory.

Winner: Iron Man

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #43
Hellstormer
Side-Kick
 
Hellstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45

Match 4:

Magnus - Exiles (HELLSTORMER) bio



vs.

Ezekial (PHAEDRUS45) bio

You know what's funniest, the fact that the picture of Ezekial has "Deceased" at the bottom, meaning he wasn't good enough to beat someone. So how exactly can he beat someone as good as Magnus? Now to be completely honest, we didn't really get to see a lot of Magnus before...you know. But what was showns was impressive to say the least. Any organic matter he touches instantly turns to steel and since Ezekial really can't get information, neither can Magnus really since he was an Exiles pre-Crystal PLace, all Magnus has to do is get skin contact and he has a vast amount of magnetic power (maybe even beyond Magneto himself) which pretty much means he could take this guy pretty easy.

__________________
------Comic Vine------
Dc vs. Marvel is back and here for good.
Buy Wolf-Man
R.I.P. Heath, you got the last laugh...
Hellstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:26 AM   #44
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Prodigy (Slingers) vs Donald Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman/Psylocke
He still has to be able to get away from the guy in the first place and that depends on who has the faster reflexes, not how far you can get once you’ve broken free. Someone attached to a bungee cable may (?) be able to temporarily escape from Bruce Lee in a fight and get away very far and use the hit and run tactic in this way but it doesn’t actually help. Whenever the two of them come together they will both get the chance for a few quick hits before the guy escapes again. It doesn’t mean that the guy jumping in will get the better of the exchange at any point. I’d advise him to use the ability to get the hell out while he still can.
Thing is, Prodigy just needs to hit hard enough to make sure Pierce won't be able to retaliate by the time the next hit comes in. Prodigy is that kind of guy, swoop in, punch the **** out of the guy, move out of the way and continue it again. He's going to wear Pierce down. Sure, Pierce is the more intelligent one of the two, and he's certainly going to be getting a few hits in, but that doesn't give him the automatic win either. In order to outsmart someone, you're going to need the time to think up a strategy. Prodigy won't be letting up on Pierce for a second, hitting, pounding and making sure he doesn't get up again.

Quote:
There’s finding info of the type that we get on the internet and there’s finding info that can be crucial to winning a fight. Yes, Pierce is famous but the Hellfire Club is an ultra secretive organisation. Everyone’s heard of them on a surface level but getting useful inside information is something that is way beyond this guy. Prodigy is obscure in the way that an ordinary human is. That doesn’t mean that it’s difficult in the technological age for a resourceful man with money and contacts to find the information he needs.
Info, really, that doesn't go beyond a few articles on the internet. Neither is going to benefit a lot from prep-time, since information will be scarce. I'll give you that Pierce will be able to act a lot better on the info he has, though.

Quote:
Not sure how this follows from the above though.
I'm just saying that Prodigy won't be holding back.

Quote:
The use of the word predictably is what makes this quote the more damning of the two.
It's A) the opinion of a Wikipedia editor, and b) not all that odd that he'd lose to Iron Man. Pierce would lose to Iron Man just as easily.

Quote:
This sums up our boy. He’s just a juiced up jerk of a kid with little in the way of brains going up against a veteran foe of the X-Men who has seen it all.
Just because he's a juiced up jerk doesn't mean he can't win this. Sure, Donald's got him in the experience, but Prodigy's got the recklessness of youth. The recklessness that makes Prodigy capable of tearing off Pierce's arms if he gets pissed, and Prodigy gets pissed often.

What it really comes down to is if one thinks Prodigy is superior in physical prowess or not, and I think he is. Pierce has shown no extraordinary feats of strength or speed, relying primarily on his cybernetics, and more notably, his pals the Reavers, to take care of a foe. Prodigy's whole thing is that he has vast superhuman strength and likes to punch a lot.

And he's going to like punching Pierce's head off.

WINNER=PRODIGY

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:25 AM   #45
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,834
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Ezekial vs. Magnus-Exiles:

My absolute toughest match so far, and possibly the most difficult one I'll have all first round. It would take a one in a million chance to beat Magnus; but, if there is a chance to take him out, it's in this type of setting.

First, since these involve different timelines in each character's existance, they would both not have any information about each other. But, Ezekial actually would have an advantage in this area. For Magnus, the name "Ezekial" wouldn't mean a damn thing. But, someone as smart and knowledgable as Ezekial would be able to associate the name "Magnus" with Magneto. Putting two and two together, he'd realize he's probably facing someone with similiar powers.

Ezekial would know that he'd get one chance to take this character out. Using the shadows, he'd hide and stalk his prey. Not above killing to maintain his own survival, he'd go for the deathblow. I admit, he'll only get this one shot. If it doesn't work, Magnus would take him out no problem. But, Ezekial has the same powers as Spider-Man...just with more experience. He'd be quick on the attack.

So, I put this contest totally with the voters. Simply stated, if you think Ezekial would be able to get this one chance at Magnus, give him your vote.

Winner: Ezekial

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:30 AM   #46
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,834
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstormer
You know what's funniest, the fact that the picture of Ezekial has "Deceased" at the bottom, meaning he wasn't good enough to beat someone. So how exactly can he beat someone as good as Magnus? Now to be completely honest, we didn't really get to see a lot of Magnus before...you know. But what was showns was impressive to say the least. Any organic matter he touches instantly turns to steel and since Ezekial really can't get information, neither can Magnus really since he was an Exiles pre-Crystal PLace, all Magnus has to do is get skin contact and he has a vast amount of magnetic power (maybe even beyond Magneto himself) which pretty much means he could take this guy pretty easy.
Rebuttal:

I already gave the voters my one shot at winning this thing. But, I will point out that Ezekial evaded death for a long, long time. And, the only reason he did die was because he couldn't allow to have Peter die in his place.

As for the match, Ezekial, like I said, would go into it knowing he'd get one chance. The entire battle area is going to be metal the Magnus can use to finish Ezekial off. Ezekial will have one weapon; a weapon that would be used to kill Magnus. It will involve stealth and cunning. But, I do argue the fact that the name, Magnus, would give away somewhat Ezekial would have to do to walk away from this match.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #47
Hellstormer
Side-Kick
 
Hellstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45

As for the match, Ezekial, like I said, would go into it knowing he'd get one chance. The entire battle area is going to be metal the Magnus can use to finish Ezekial off. Ezekial will have one weapon; a weapon that would be used to kill Magnus. It will involve stealth and cunning.
He can't be stealthy if Magnus just takes the entire field and crushes it into a ball.

__________________
------Comic Vine------
Dc vs. Marvel is back and here for good.
Buy Wolf-Man
R.I.P. Heath, you got the last laugh...
Hellstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:56 PM   #48
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,834
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstormer
He can't be stealthy if Magnus just takes the entire field and crushes it into a ball.
Rebuttal:

But, the question would be if he'd actually do that. Plus, I doubt he'd be able to crush the entire area of Attilan. I've seen Magneto do some crazy stuff....but, never be able to destroy an entire city with his powers.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:27 PM   #49
Hellstormer
Side-Kick
 
Hellstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
Rebuttal:

But, the question would be if he'd actually do that. Plus, I doubt he'd be able to crush the entire area of Attilan. I've seen Magneto do some crazy stuff....but, never be able to destroy an entire city with his powers.
Welll from the two appearences of Magnus he seemed to be pretty damn powerful and not above killing if it's towards the greater good and doesn't harm innocents so he might not do it if Attilan is populated. If not, Ezek's screwed.

Btw, Ezekial seems like an interesting character, did he have like a storyline or something that I could read?

__________________
------Comic Vine------
Dc vs. Marvel is back and here for good.
Buy Wolf-Man
R.I.P. Heath, you got the last laugh...
Hellstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #50
Kitsune
Fox of Ages
 
Kitsune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: This is your moment of Zen
Posts: 5,922
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 1

Iorn fist, because if he couldn't overwhelm Helix's abilities, it would mean HElix is too powerfull.
Stong Guy, because Goblin should still be in the grave.
Sasquach because Blizard is just a punk who wares an icemaker.
and Mastermind, because Dazler isn't known for mental strength.

__________________
The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won, than by the stories it loves and believes in.-H Goddard
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.