The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 11-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #26
Superman Pwnage
Banned User

Default Re: Lana Lang casting thread

No to Rachel. One forehead chic is enough..

Besides I think Kate pulls it off better.

Rachel may have a good personality for Lois but it wouldnt have shown in Singer's film anyways any more than Kate's did, given the way the character was written. Thats why recasting Lois is pointless, they just need to write her a bit differently.

Superman Pwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:42 AM   #27
FanboyX_Returns
Banned User

Spoiler Re: Lana Lang casting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Pwnage
Hahahhaha

Priceless.
Dont knock the Notebook until you seen it my friend... I mocked it to, and now after I saw it I can honestly say I was wrong.

It was a very good movie..

FanboyX_Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #28
Superman Pwnage
Banned User

I was forced to watch some scenes from it. I refused to watch the entire damn thing. It was cruel and unusual punishment.

It needed an airplane crashing into a stadium

Old 11-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #29
04nbod
I need to debrief you

i cried at the end of the notebook even though the ending was completely obvious. I would not be surprised if anna paquin was asked and rachel mcadams looks too much like kate bosworth.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #30
Superman Pwnage
Banned User

Paquin doesnt look anything like Lana. They need a redhead or blonde.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #31
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Would bringing Lana in on the sequel complicate things, or be a nice contrast to Lois

???

Just curious what you think about Lana being introduced. I figure with Lois and Richard still together, why should Clark be all lonely?

Lana could characterized as a contrast to Lois. Something that maybe Clark needs to be around at the moment imo. It would be interesting to me, don't know however if it would be too complicated with the triangle that's already going on.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #32
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: Would bringing Lana in on the sequel complicate things, or be a nice contrast to

Lana should come back with his son Ricky just to find out Ricky's Superman's son too.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #33
ck51100
Side-Kick

Default Re: Would bringing Lana in on the sequel complicate things, or be a nice contrast to

I am not sure JC. I like the idea, but at the same time SR had such a screwed up and complicated triangle going on I don't know if it would work.

But the Ricky vs. Jason angle is interesting....no wait it isn't....I wasn't thinking.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #34
Justice Bringer
Banned User

It seems doubtful Richard and Lois will last beyond the next film so it may be unnecessary to complicate things with another girl.

Love triangles are confusing enough, I'd avoid love a rhombus.

Justice Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:27 PM   #35
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Lana should come back with his son Ricky just to find out Ricky's Superman's son too.
LOL!

i'd usually welcome Lana but not for the next film. i feel that the SR barely established itself as a movie that could stand on its own, i want it to focus on that first, focus on the core characters and the story, one they got that down pat then they can start bringing in the other secondary characters.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #36
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

They might use Lana if they show some more of Clark in Smallville, they have reference scenes in Batman vs Superman from the Asylum Script. I know they turned to this script as reference for Returns.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #37
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

I like Lana as a character, but in the current continuity it would be a bad idea.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #38
storyteller
Side-Kick

Love is not what superman needs. Why bring in Lana when the thing keeping Lois and superman apart is Richard and then Clark. Also many people are not married or in a relationship and arent at all lonely.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #39
El Payaso
Banned User

I thought Lana could be the one loving Clark for what he is, to balance Shallow Lane who despises Clark and loves the suit and the supe-powers.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #40
Dr. Fate
Banned User

After the unappealing Lois Lane given to us by Kate Bosworth, I could use some Lana Lang.

Dr. Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:07 PM   #41
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Dr. Fate brings up an interesting point that is one serious problem with introducing Lana. As unlikable as Lois was, if you bring in Lana, there is a damn good chance she could steal the show and make Lois into an ANTAGONIST in the audiences eyes who want Clark with Lana.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #42
ck51100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Dr. Fate brings up an interesting point that is one serious problem with introducing Lana. As unlikable as Lois was, if you bring in Lana, there is a damn good chance she could steal the show and make Lois into an ANTAGONIST in the audiences eyes who want Clark with Lana.
The way around that is to cast Kristen Kruek....everyone hates her
Awww crap, did I suggest that. I really should think before I type.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #43
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Superman/Clark would have to be a dumbass to pass up a beautiful woman who knows his secret and loves him for his true self that grew up in SV.

Who's to say in the SR universe he even HAS to end up with Lois? I know that's the likely way the series will wrap up but why not introduce Lana who will spark something inside of Clark. Maybe it will even get Lois a little more curious about Clark? Meh. Bring on Lana I say!

Old 04-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #44
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Superman/Clark would have to be a dumbass to pass up a beautiful woman who knows his secret and loves him for his true self that grew up in SV.

Who's to say in the SR universe he even HAS to end up with Lois? I know that's the likely way the series will wrap up but why not introduce Lana who will spark something inside of Clark. Maybe it will even get Lois a little more curious about Clark? Meh. Bring on Lana I say!
We really are on the same wave length. I was just suggesting something very similiar in the Richard White thread.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #45
ck51100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post

I think that isn't a bad idea....Based on SR I really struggle to see how it could end up with Lois and Clark together in a believable fashion. Might as well bring on Lana. At least that might make the Lois/Clark angle interesting.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #46
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

*idea*

Flashback scene with a young Clark being caught using his powers by Lana

hee hee

Old 04-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #47
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Only if it leads to something. The flashbacks in Superman Returns were poor because they had no relevence to the plot and lead to nothing. It was pretty much just to take up time.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #48
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Everyone jumped on the bandwagon that his flashback didn't make sense but I will be in the percentage that agrees with it having meaning.

He is returning home. He looks across the very same field he discovered his biggest power of all... FLIGHT

It brought back a memory where he discovered it by stopping just before hitting the ground through the barn.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #49
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon

I don't think it would work for the SR-verse, but I bet someone said something similar to your first post before they made SIII.

If they could re-create the feeling of Clark and Lana from SIII, I'd be game.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:25 PM   #50
Mister J
Say 'Cheese'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Agreed about the flashback in the field. It was an early reflection of the gifts that would enable him to be Earth's greatest protector. As he had just returned 'home' and pondering his next move, recalling a more simpler time in his life seemed natural. I liked it. *shrugs*

Regarding Lana, I think her presence would truly complicate things. The Lois/Superman interaction was limited enough as it was and nothing is anywhere near resolved. There's still the matter of negotiating this messy ass triangle that presents the very real problem (to me, at least) of having Superman further inserting himself into an established family and ultimately fracturing it. Beyond that, there still needs to be a beyond-platonic dynamic established between Clark and Lois. Have Lana showing up and being all 'the perfect friend from back home/potential love interest' makes Lois that much more unlikeable and she was tolerable at best in SR.

I can't get on board with it not inevitably being about Superman and Lois at the end. Having Clark and Lana be focused on as a couple is something that should stay on Thursday night.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote