The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Fight Club

View Poll Results: Thor V Storm
Thor 168 81.55%
Storm 38 18.45%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #26
Doombringer
the Omega
 
Doombringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 455
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

I cant believe you even needed to prove that to some people

__________________
You wanna see something permanent BUH BUH BOOM!- Quint, JAWS

Keep tryin' me jerk off, keep tryin' me... wanna impress her? Impress her with me. Impress her with ME!...- Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #27
The Weather God
Returned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 698
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrusbales
See, this thread proves my point that Thor is much better than Storm in Every way, Thanks people
No it doesen't because they think it's a storm vs thor battle in a matchup. Just look at the replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin
So nobody actually reads the first post anymore? It's not about who would win, lads and lassies. It's about who's more popular and who's the better character?
This one proves that no one bothered to even look at the first post because they woulden't be saying, thor could defeat storm easly.
_______________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer
I cant believe you even needed to prove that to some people
Everyone know's that storm's a more popular character, this is an opinion battle anyway so it doesen't matter to me.


Last edited by The Weather God; 10-21-2006 at 11:14 AM.
The Weather God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #28
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Thor >^infinitum Storm for me.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #29
Venom.Symbiote
Side-Kick
 
Venom.Symbiote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 626
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeu
Storm is so out of her league here its not even funny.

I love the character at least as much as I dislike Thor but I have to say she has as much chance of defeating him as a toddler has of wrestling down a Velociraptor.
Now there's a fight I'd like to see. I even know the toddler that I want in the fight. I don't like him much.

Anyway back to topic. I think Storm would try to use some kind of hurricane force winds to keep Thor at bay and Thor being an honorable god wouldn't even use his weather manipulating powers to defeat her. I think he wouldn't consider her a challenge if he did and we all know how much he likes to fight.

Venom.Symbiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #30
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem
 
bkhedr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frak!!!
Posts: 3,529
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

What in the hell possesed four people to vote for Storm?

when will the madness end?

(and I know we are talking about the quality of the character more than when we are talking about who would win in a fight, but even still!

__________________
Cedat Fortuna Peritis - Skill is better than luck

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:35 PM   #31
Cyrusbales
Side-Kick
 
Cyrusbales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,124
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

OK THEN PEOPLE!!!!!

WHO DO YOU LIKE MORE OUT OF Storm and Thor then? A popularity vote quickly? Who is the better character, regardless of power etc....

Cyrusbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:38 PM   #32
Doombringer
the Omega
 
Doombringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 455
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weather God
No it doesen't because they think it's a storm vs thor battle in a matchup. Just look at the replies



This one proves that no one bothered to even look at the first post because they woulden't be saying, thor could defeat storm easly.
_______________________________



Everyone know's that storm's a more popular character, this is an opinion battle anyway so it doesen't matter to me.
A more popular character to who? The general public who dont know jack about either or and choose based off what they see in the movies? People who know both characters in depth and still pick Storm is just odd to me when Thor is everything Storm could ever possibly be and then some. Hes far more interesting IMO. True its a personal preference and im not against anyones opinion but choosing Storm over Thor in any regard wether it be vs, popularity, etc. is just baffling. I fully read its not a vs thread, but i still believe Thor to be the more superior character in every way bias aside. Shes a mutant and hes a god. That right there should be a no brainer. The whole ordeal reminds me when people pick their favorite to win in a vs battle just because they are their favorite. Nevermind if the other guy would no doubtly trample the other. Different strokes for different folks i guess but to me i just cant see how people would pick Storm over Thor. My 2 cents. Im sure ill get bombarded by Storm fans () for saying this but, whatever...

__________________
You wanna see something permanent BUH BUH BOOM!- Quint, JAWS

Keep tryin' me jerk off, keep tryin' me... wanna impress her? Impress her with me. Impress her with ME!...- Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #33
Doombringer
the Omega
 
Doombringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 455
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

"OK THEN PEOPLE!!!!!

WHO DO YOU LIKE MORE OUT OF Storm and Thor then? A popularity vote quickly? Who is the better character, regardless of power etc...."

Thor no question.

__________________
You wanna see something permanent BUH BUH BOOM!- Quint, JAWS

Keep tryin' me jerk off, keep tryin' me... wanna impress her? Impress her with me. Impress her with ME!...- Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #34
Cyrusbales
Side-Kick
 
Cyrusbales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,124
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer
"OK THEN PEOPLE!!!!!

WHO DO YOU LIKE MORE OUT OF Storm and Thor then? A popularity vote quickly? Who is the better character, regardless of power etc...."

Thor no question.
good good!

Cyrusbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #35
The Weather God
Returned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 698
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer
A more popular character to who? The general public who dont know jack about either or and choose based off what they see in the movies? People who know both characters in depth and still pick Storm is just odd to me when Thor is everything Storm could ever possibly be and then some. Hes far more interesting IMO. True its a personal preference and im not against anyones opinion but choosing Storm over Thor in any regard wether it be vs, popularity, etc. is just baffling. I fully read its not a vs thread, but i still believe Thor to be the more superior character in every way bias aside. Shes a mutant and hes a god. That right there should be a no brainer. The whole ordeal reminds me when people pick their favorite to win in a vs battle just because they are their favorite. Nevermind if the other guy would no doubtly trample the other. Different strokes for different folks i guess but to me i just cant see how people would pick Storm over Thor. My 2 cents. Im sure ill get bombarded by Storm fans () for saying this but, whatever...
I believe this entire post is base off of pure opinion, because i haven't seen thor in any movies, not many video games, or advertized as much as storm, and i never put any bashing toward your opinion so i would love the treatment to be returned. Just because thor is a god of lightning, doesen't nessesarly make him a better character then storm. Storm has been worshiped as a goddess and has had an omega level potential before(considering herself a goddess). You are trying to justify your opinion into fact. Storm in my opinion is way more then thor would ever be because she is a leader, a strong black women, extreamly powerful, more creative with her powers, and one of most loyal and trusted member of the xteam. Now you can run around and say thor is a better character but dont expect everyone to agree with you. My entire point in the other thread was that storm was a more popular character then thor, and that's why they still put her in that game. Not true? then why is she in the game if she haves the same powers as thor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer
"OK THEN PEOPLE!!!!!

WHO DO YOU LIKE MORE OUT OF Storm and Thor then? A popularity vote quickly? Who is the better character, regardless of power etc...."

Thor no question.
This post proves my point.

I'm done here


Last edited by The Weather God; 10-21-2006 at 02:25 PM.
The Weather God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:26 PM   #36
Silicon Surfer
Side-Kick
 
Silicon Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,901
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Thor is definately the better character

Silicon Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:02 PM   #37
javon
Side-Kick
 
javon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,996
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor


Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin
So nobody actually reads the first post anymore? It's not about who would win, lads and lassies. It's about who's more popular and who's the better character?
And look at the follow up posts .
Quote:
Originally posted by DoomBringer
"OK THEN PEOPLE!!!!!

WHO DO YOU LIKE MORE OUT OF Storm and Thor then? A popularity vote quickly? Who is the better character, regardless of power etc...."

Thor no question.
And this proves what? Hell, half of the people who voted did it apon who's more powerful and would win a fight. And why so angry? This is what the thread is for right? Oh I forgot, you didn't post it because of the two people arguing about who's more popular, you posted it to see how many people would pick who-thus, turning into a versus thread. Some people just have nothing else to do .
Quote:
Originally posted by Majik3187
As much as she is called a goddess, technically Storm is not a goddess and she wouldn't last long with Thor.
Sigh....



This is just REDICULOUS. Even if half of the dumbasses who posted KNEW that the thread was meant for who's more popular, they still did it upon who could win a fight between the two. I guess thats why the Hype is known as the "post one thing and turn it into something else" forum. The majority of us already know that Thor would own Storms ass like a sack of pecans, but instead of looking at the actual meaning for the thread, you turn it itno something else. GET-A-LIFE.

__________________

javon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:02 PM   #38
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem
 
bkhedr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frak!!!
Posts: 3,529
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weather God
I believe this entire post is base off of pure opinion, because i haven't seen thor in any movies, not many video games, or advertized as much as storm, and i never put any bashing toward your opinion so i would love the treatment to be returned. Just because thor is a god of lightning, doesen't nessesarly make him a better character then storm. Storm has been worshiped as a goddess and has had an omega level potential before(considering herself a goddess). You are trying to justify your opinion into fact. Storm in my opinion is way more then thor would ever be because she is a leader, a strong black women, extreamly powerful, more creative with her powers, and one of most loyal and trusted member of the xteam. Now you can run around and say thor is a better character but dont expect everyone to agree with you. My entire point in the other thread was that storm was a more popular character then thor, and that's why they still put her in that game. Not true? then why is she in the game if she haves the same powers as thor?



This post proves my point.

I'm done here
More creative with her powers: Do you have any idea all the things Mjolnir can do?

She's a leader: well whoop dee doo. He's the prince of an entire race of warrior gods. I'm pretty sure that trumps leading a team of X-men

She's extremely powerful: We'll see what good all that power does her when Thor fries the alleged 'goddess' with a bolt of lightning. The irony alone is worth it. (also unlike Thor, she wouldnt survive being electrouted)

She's a strong black woman: He's a strong white man

One of the most loyal and trusted: Whosoever holds this hammer IF HE BE WORTHY....

That fact enough for ya? Thor is superior in everyway. That being said you are allowed your opinions and I will grant that Storm is more popular but I think that has more to do with her being an X-man (ie in a book with Wolverine) then it does with her being such a great character

__________________
Cedat Fortuna Peritis - Skill is better than luck

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:30 PM   #39
javon
Side-Kick
 
javon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,996
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr
She's a strong black woman: He's a strong white man
LMAO.

__________________

javon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:48 PM   #40
Cyrusbales
Side-Kick
 
Cyrusbales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,124
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr
More creative with her powers: Do you have any idea all the things Mjolnir can do?

She's a leader: well whoop dee doo. He's the prince of an entire race of warrior gods. I'm pretty sure that trumps leading a team of X-men

She's extremely powerful: We'll see what good all that power does her when Thor fries the alleged 'goddess' with a bolt of lightning. The irony alone is worth it. (also unlike Thor, she wouldnt survive being electrouted)

She's a strong black woman: He's a strong white man

One of the most loyal and trusted: Whosoever holds this hammer IF HE BE WORTHY....

That fact enough for ya? Thor is superior in everyway. That being said you are allowed your opinions and I will grant that Storm is more popular but I think that has more to do with her being an X-man (ie in a book with Wolverine) then it does with her being such a great character

lol, good stuff!

Cyrusbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:50 PM   #41
Doombringer
the Omega
 
Doombringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 455
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr
More creative with her powers: Do you have any idea all the things Mjolnir can do?

She's a leader: well whoop dee doo. He's the prince of an entire race of warrior gods. I'm pretty sure that trumps leading a team of X-men

She's extremely powerful: We'll see what good all that power does her when Thor fries the alleged 'goddess' with a bolt of lightning. The irony alone is worth it. (also unlike Thor, she wouldnt survive being electrouted)

She's a strong black woman: He's a strong white man

One of the most loyal and trusted: Whosoever holds this hammer IF HE BE WORTHY....

That fact enough for ya? Thor is superior in everyway. That being said you are allowed your opinions and I will grant that Storm is more popular but I think that has more to do with her being an X-man (ie in a book with Wolverine) then it does with her being such a great character
*Ding Ding* Beautiful just beautiful. That whole post pretty much sums up exactly what i mean. Storm fans, weather god and javon, didnt mean to "bash" your character or opinion. I knew that post of mine would bite me in the ass with you Ororo fans, i just had to see where you guys are coming from because I just cant see how some of you think Storm is a better character than Thor, thats all. Yes yes its your opinion, Its just that your opinions all perplex me. Just trying to understand like i said.

Javon- what the hell do you mean that proves what? Cyrusbales asked a question, i quoted it (not in the traditional SHH! quotation cause i already clicked reply instead of quote), then answered. Read the post before mine before going all off with the accusations. I aint angry, just trying to understand your opinions.

And Wheather God- im sorry but those examples of Storm's "greatness" pale in comparison to Odinson as bkhedr briefly pointed out. If thats what you're going by when you say Storm is better than more power to you. Please go on with your opinions by all means... ill just sit here and continue to try and grasp what you're thinking.

__________________
You wanna see something permanent BUH BUH BOOM!- Quint, JAWS

Keep tryin' me jerk off, keep tryin' me... wanna impress her? Impress her with me. Impress her with ME!...- Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #42
javon
Side-Kick
 
javon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,996
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr
Thor is superior in everyway. That being said you are allowed your opinions and I will grant that Storm is more popular but I think that has more to do with her being an X-man (ie in a book with Wolverine) then it does with her being such a great character
As much as I agree with the other suff you said, I think it's both. Her character alone is what made her one of the most popular heroines in Marvel.
Quote:
Originally posted by DoomBringer
Javon- what the hell do you mean that proves what? Cyrusbales asked a question, i quoted it (not in the traditional SHH! quotation cause i already clicked reply instead of quote), then answered. Read the post before mine before going all off with the accusations. I aint angry, just trying to understand your opinions.
Ooops, sorry about that DoomBringer. I quoted the wrong person, didn't mean to do that. I thought you actually wrote that.

__________________

javon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:01 PM   #43
Doombringer
the Omega
 
Doombringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 455
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Its all good dude.

__________________
You wanna see something permanent BUH BUH BOOM!- Quint, JAWS

Keep tryin' me jerk off, keep tryin' me... wanna impress her? Impress her with me. Impress her with ME!...- Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #44
S7ilver
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 496
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Thor would obviously kick Storm's ass in a fight, but Storm is a much better character then Thor could ever be in my opinion. Power is nothing in a comic book, it's given and taken in an instant at a writers choice, but character and popularity can't be, both of which Storm trumps Thor in.

S7ilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #45
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem
 
bkhedr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frak!!!
Posts: 3,529
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

To each their own dude

to me Storm is bland and boring

Thor has had his own ongoing since how long ago?

Thor has done everything from trudge through Mephisto's realm, going to hell and back, fighting super powered street thugs, traveling the spaceways and throwing down with galactus, traveling through time, discovering Ego, Ruling the world for 170 years then going back in time and undoing it, having not one but two functional intresting mortal guises/secret identities, founding Marvel's premiere superhero team. (and so much more, and always while being interesting)

Storm on the the other hand....well she's an X-man. Oh she's a supporting character in Black Panther

__________________
Cedat Fortuna Peritis - Skill is better than luck

"Kneel before Zod!"

Last edited by bkhedr; 10-21-2006 at 04:12 PM.
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #46
Cyrusbales
Side-Kick
 
Cyrusbales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,124
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr
To each their own dude

to me Storm is bland and boring
seconded

Cyrusbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:13 PM   #47
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem
 
bkhedr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frak!!!
Posts: 3,529
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

while you were seconding I was adding to my post

__________________
Cedat Fortuna Peritis - Skill is better than luck

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #48
Cyrusbales
Side-Kick
 
Cyrusbales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,124
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

LOL, it's even better, I should have named this thread, "storm sucks, Thor rules" lol

Cyrusbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #49
HandOfFate
Side-Kick
 
HandOfFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin
So nobody actually reads the first post anymore? It's not about who would win, lads and lassies. It's about who's more popular and who's the better character?
Sad but true.

__________________
I've forgotten more then you'll ever know
HandOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #50
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem
 
bkhedr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frak!!!
Posts: 3,529
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

lol

works for me Cyrusbales

__________________
Cedat Fortuna Peritis - Skill is better than luck

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.