Storm 38 18.45%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #51
HandOfFate
Side-Kick

Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrusbales
LOL, it's even better, I should have named this thread, "storm sucks, Thor rules" lol
That's real grown up there.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #52
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

lighten up dude
its a joke

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #53
HandOfFate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr
lighten up dude
its a joke
Sure it is....

Last edited by HandOfFate; 10-21-2006 at 04:27 PM.
HandOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #54
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

bah
you're no fun

and storm sucks

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 10-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #55
javon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrusbales
seconded
Well it's obvious your gonna 'second" every bad opinion apposed to Storm, we get it...now you should to.

javon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #56
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

bah
you're no fun

and storm sucks

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 10-21-2006, 04:29 PM   #57
S7ilver
Side-Kick

Quote:
To each their own dude

to me Storm is bland and boring

Thor has had his own ongoing since how long ago?

Thor has done everything from trudge through Mephisto's realm, going to hell and back, fighting super powered street thugs, traveling the spaceways and throwing down with galactus, traveling through time, discovering Ego, Ruling the world for 170 years then going back in time and undoing it, having not one but two functional intresting mortal guises/secret identities, founding Marvel's premiere superhero team. (and so much more, and always while being interesting)

Storm on the the other hand....well she's an X-man. Oh she's a supporting character in Black Panther
That's the great thing about opinions I guess, even though Storm has done many of those things you've detailed throughout the X-men history while having to deal with human fears and limitations at the same time.

Personally, I have no problem with Thor, he's pretty much god and can do whatever he wants, who wouldn't want to be him. That's not why you read a comic and like a character though, at least not why I do. Storm's just a very interesting character to me and making a poll about which one you like more is just stupid and probably shows that the OP just wants to feel better about his "Thor or Storm" attitude while this forum shows only a tiny percentage of what the fans of Marvel think. Sorry if that's not how you feel but most versus threads are created by people who don't feel confident in their favorite characters.

S7ilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #58
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ilver
That's the great thing about opinions I guess, even though Storm has done many of those things you've detailed throughout the X-men history while having to deal with human fears and limitations at the same time.

Personally, I have no problem with Thor, he's pretty much god and can do whatever he wants, who wouldn't want to be him. That's not why you read a comic and like a character though, at least not why I do. Storm's just a very interesting character to me and making a poll about which one you like more is just stupid and probably shows that the OP just wants to feel better about his "Thor or Storm" attitude while this forum shows only a tiny percentage of what the fans of Marvel think. Sorry if that's not how you feel but most versus threads are created by people who don't feel confident in their favorite characters.
no worries dude
we dont have to agree

I just get fired up when its Thor vs anybody

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 10-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #59
javon
Side-Kick

Oh, is that your favorite character or something? If so, I didn't know until I just looked at your avvy.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #60
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

your point being?

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 10-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #61
Ockham
novice scientist

Storm's lightning bolt is powerful enough to kill the Hulk whereas Thor's can only hurt him (to my knowledge). So it's obvious that Ororo has the better control over weather. Therefore, she could prevent Thor from flying and, by flying herself, keep a safe distance. Or better yet, she could allow Thor to fly after her and then literally take away his wind and make him fall to his death. So if this was about combat, Storm would win.

And when it comes to who's the best character... Well, Loki himself was seriously considering to abandon his evil ways, even his goal to rule Asgard, for one of these two weather-controllers. And it sure wasn't the old goldilocks. Storm was readily accepted as the new thunder-god not only by Loki but by ALL Asgardians. Even Hela recognized her as the God of Thunder. Storm is a goddess even to gods. That's how strong a character and great a leader she is. So, character-wise, Storm is the one as well.

Kidding... a little.

Ockham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #62
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ockham
Storm's lightning bolt is powerful enough to kill the Hulk whereas Thor's can only hurt him (to my knowledge). So it's obvious that Ororo has the better control over weather. Therefore, she could prevent Thor from flying and, by flying herself, keep a safe distance. Or better yet, she could allow Thor to fly after her and then literally take away his wind and make him fall to his death. So if this was about combat, Storm would win.

And when it comes to who's the best character... Well, Loki himself was seriously considering to abandon his evil ways, even his goal to rule Asgard, for one of these two weather-controllers. And it sure wasn't the old goldilocks. Storm was readily accepted as the new thunder-god not only by Loki but by ALL Asgardians. Even Hela recognized her as the God of Thunder. Storm is a goddess even to gods. That's how strong a character and great a leader she is. So, character-wise, Storm is the one as well.

Kidding... a little.
I doubt that any knowledgable marvel comics reader (storm fans included) would agree with you about how the battle would go. You clearly dont know much about Thor. Storm manipulates the weather. Thor is the GOD of Thunder. The two are not equal. Thor's hammer is enchanted by Odin himself (you ever heard of Odin? he pwns all the X-men and their villains combined) to enhance his natural weather control abilities. Storm can call down lighting. Thor can control both natural and mystical lightning (among other things). Also Thor doesnt ride the wind. He throws his hammer and holds on. It carries him along. Really he doesnt fly at all. Come to think of his hammer, here's a thought, he can use it to teleport Ororo into deep space and let the vacuum kill her. bah I dont even know why I am taking all this time to reply

Want to know how the fight would go?
Thor would throw Mjolnir at her (mjolnir is enchanted by Odin to never miss its mark) and it would kill her. Kill her? Hell it would blow her apart. End of Story

As for her being a better character, ok. I dont agree but I dont really care.

No way in hell does she beat Thor in battle though.

"Kneel before Zod!"

Last edited by bkhedr; 10-21-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #63
javon
Side-Kick

Quote:
your point being?
It was just a damn question, you don't have to get smart with me.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #64
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

oh
sorry dude
I thought I read sarcasm

Yes Thor is my favourite character

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 10-21-2006, 04:57 PM   #65
Silicon Surfer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thors lightning and weather control are both far stronger than Storms. In addition he is immune to lightning and cold and too strong to be affected by wind. Storm can't do anything to even make Thor take the fight seriously. He's absolutely invulnerable to everything her powers can do.

Silicon Surfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #66
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:

Kidding... a little.

Storm? Kill the Hulk?

Not in THIS life, brother!

Old 10-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #67
Doombringer
the Omega

Quote:

Kidding... a little.
Bwahaha!

Keep tryin' me jerk off, keep tryin' me... wanna impress her? Impress her with me. Impress her with ME!...- Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #68
Doombringer
the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy
I think you and Terry Hulk Hogan are the only two people ive ever heard who incorporate the word brother in their vocabulary.

Keep tryin' me jerk off, keep tryin' me... wanna impress her? Impress her with me. Impress her with ME!...- Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Old 10-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #69
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

lol

whacha gonna do brother???!!

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 10-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #70
Ockham
novice scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy
Storm? Kill the Hulk?

What, you don't believe me? Well here's scans of Storm killing the Hulk (it's canon, and in continuity):

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sch72cf.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sch88vy.jpg

BTW, I'm glad someone noticed I was kidding about my take at Storm vs. Thor...

Old 10-21-2006, 05:46 PM   #71
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Quote:
What, you don't believe me? Well here's scans of Storm killing the Hulk (it's canon, and in continuity):

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sch72cf.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sch88vy.jpg

BTW, I'm glad someone noticed I was kidding about my take at Storm vs. Thor...
god I thought that was rubbish the first time i read it

thanks for bringing up bad memories ockham

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 10-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #72
Doombringer
the Omega

That was as much Cable's doing as it was Storm's.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #73
Ockham
novice scientist

Quote:
god I thought that was rubbish the first time i read it

thanks for bringing up bad memories ockham
Sorry

I too think that Storm would be ridiculously outmatched in a fight vs. Thor. So, just for kicks, I tried to come up with some pseudo-plausible argument in Storm's favour. Then I remembered her (and Cable's, as pointed out) little encounter with the Hulk during the Onslaught-saga: I thought that there's a great "bait" to lure people into thinking that I'm actually being serious

So my humour sucks... sue me.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:06 PM   #74
HandOfFate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer
That was as much Cable's doing as it was Storm's.
It's actaully an interesting showing. IIRC, Cable shut down his mind while Storm stopped his heart.

Oddly enough, Storm even caused the Hulk to feel cold by dropping the temp around him.

Last edited by HandOfFate; 10-21-2006 at 06:12 PM.
HandOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:07 PM   #75
Varient
Guru for Geeks

Someone is bored.
Thor wins hammer down.

ask popular wise on a planet wide scale,... i'd say storm takes it because of the x-movies.

Varient is offline   Reply With Quote