Old 10-21-2006, 06:18 PM   #76
S7ilver
Side-Kick

Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
Someone is bored.
Thor wins hammer down.

ask popular wise on a planet wide scale,... i'd say storm takes it because of the x-movies.
I'd say Storm would take it even without the X-Movies, but they do help.

And yes, we all know Storm would have her ass handed to her everyone, there's not much debate on that.

S7ilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #77
HandOfFate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Someone is bored.
Thor wins hammer down.
I would agree with you if this was a fight between Thor and Storm.

but it's not....

Quote:
ask popular wise on a planet wide scale,... i'd say storm takes it because of the x-movies.
If you voted then you should have voted for Storm.

For some reason this has become a Vs. fight when it was originally posted as a popularity contest.

The way I see it, Storm has been feature a hell of lot more in the media then Thor (comics, movies, cartoons, games, etc...).

Hell even her marriage, while unpopular to some was talked about in newpapers.

That says a lot in my opinion.

Last edited by HandOfFate; 10-21-2006 at 06:45 PM.
HandOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #78
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ockham
What, you don't believe me? Well here's scans of Storm killing the Hulk (it's canon, and in continuity):

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sch72cf.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sch88vy.jpg

BTW, I'm glad someone noticed I was kidding about my take at Storm vs. Thor...

Pffft! Lucky for them Hulk was being controlled by Onslaught at the time.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:13 PM   #79
Cyclops
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfFate
Slight correction. We're pitting somebody whose been dead for almost 2 years against someone who is reduced to a supporting character in a semi poorly-written book.
Since Bucky is no longer dead, death means nothing in the Marvel Universe. And from what I've heard, Thor ain't nearly dead anymore.

"...... Muppets. Goodnight, Randy."
"Goodnight, Earl."
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:05 PM   #80
The Weather God
Returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr
More creative with her powers: Do you have any idea all the things Mjolnir can do?
Um storm's weilded one before so i could care less, without the axe he is no comparison to the versity of storm's weather minipulation.

Quote:
She's a leader: well whoop dee doo. He's the prince of an entire race of warrior gods. I'm pretty sure that trumps leading a team of X-men.
Doesen't matter, he haves more power so he deserves to lead a more powerful team, storm has lead her team just as well as thor i'm most certainly sure of.

Quote:
She's extremely powerful: We'll see what good all that power does her when Thor fries the alleged 'goddess' with a bolt of lightning. The irony alone is worth it. (also unlike Thor, she wouldnt survive being electrouted)
What i meant was that she was one of most powerful characters in the x-men universe not that she's a more powerful character then thor which i've mentioned several times in the past.

Quote:
She's a strong black woman: He's a strong white man

Quote:
One of the most loyal and trusted: Whosoever holds this hammer IF HE BE WORTHY....
Storm's been a thunder goddess so that makes him no better in that case.

Quote:
That fact enough for ya? Thor is superior in everyway. That being said you are allowed your opinions and I will grant that Storm is more popular but I think that has more to do with her being an X-man (ie in a book with Wolverine) then it does with her being such a great character
Nope, that's still your opinion and not mine sorry, and if wolverane is the reason storm is so popular then why hasen't jean been in as many games as storm? or any of the other x-men characters like cyclops? My whole point was why storm was put in the game. That's because she is a more popular character then thor even tho they have the same type of powers which you've agreed with me until you added your little wolverane reason at the end. Anyway like i said storm deserves a cape just as much as thor does so i see no reason as to why he deserves a cape so much more then storm.

The Weather God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:28 PM   #81
gambitfire
Banned User

Just found this thread before all the hardcore Avenger fans go mad!!

I think the pitting them in a fight is just no fair, Clearly Thor wins But i mean come on He's a freaking GOD!!

IMO that is where as a character he loses interest to me anyways.

Storm is a more relatable character and interesting, because you're immortal and have thousands of years of stories to tell does not make you that more interesting as a comic book character; to me that's just milking it and coping out as a story teller, sometimes not always.

Also let's not forget what Storm represents which outweights Thor anyday.

So i give this one to Storm.

Last edited by gambitfire; 10-21-2006 at 11:36 PM.
gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:18 AM   #82
Varient
Guru for Geeks

?
hmmmn?

I don't think you could electrocute a concious storm.

Just like you can't freeze or cook,... it's canon that SHE HAS to CONTROL HER IMMEDIATE ENVIROMENT constantly because her powers are tied up into her emotions.

So,... elemental attacks don't work too well against her.

Varient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:19 AM   #83
Varient
Guru for Geeks

Oh.

BTW,... Squirrel Girl would whoop both in a one on one.

Varient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:28 AM   #84
Ben Urich
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh.

BTW,... Squirrel Girl would whoop both in a one on one.
She did defeat Dr. Doom pretty handily

Ben Urich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:15 AM   #85
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weather God
]Um storm's weilded one before so i could care less, Wielded one what? I know she didnt lift Mjolnir without the axe he is no comparison to the versity of storm's weather minipulation. Not even close to being true. And its a hammer (are you perhaps confusing 616 Thor with Ultimate Thor? Could this be your malfunction?")

Doesen't matter, he haves more power so he deserves to lead a more powerful team, storm has lead her team just as well as thor i'm most certainly sure of. What team? He is a warrior prince of a race of warrior gods. How does leading a team of X-men compare to that?

What i meant was that she was one of most powerful characters in the x-men universe not that she's a more powerful character then thor which i've mentioned several times in the past. True. She's not more powerful than Thor

Storm's been a thunder goddess so that makes him no better in that case. Again when was this? Was it canon? Was she acctually a goddess, like Thor is actually a god, or did someone just decide to start calling her a goddess one day?

Nope, that's still your opinion and not mine sorry, and if wolverane is the reason storm is so popular then why hasen't jean been in as many games as storm? or any of the other x-men characters like cyclops? My whole point was why storm was put in the game. That's because she is a more popular character then thor even tho they have the same type of powers which you've agreed with me until you added your little wolverane reason at the end. Anyway like i said storm deserves a cape just as much as thor does so i see no reason as to why he deserves a cape so much more then storm.

If all this comes down to is Storm deserves a cape, then Ok she can have one. Still doesnt put her in Thor's league

"Kneel before Zod!"

Last edited by bkhedr; 10-22-2006 at 03:21 AM.
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 05:57 AM   #86
Ockham
novice scientist

Quote:
Again when was this? Was it canon? Was she acctually a goddess, like Thor is actually a god, or did someone just decide to start calling her a goddess one day?
This question was not for me, but I'll answer anyway... Storm briefly became the Goddess of Thunder in Asgard when the X-men/New Mutants visited there in mid-'80s. And yes, it is canon.

Here she claims the Eitri-made uru hammer which was said to be equal to Mjolnir and the Stormbreaker (Eitri is the fellow who made these latter two hammers as well):

http://img350.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hunder31kg.jpg

Here Hela herself greets Storm as "the Goddess of the Storm":

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?im...hunder54vs.jpg

... and here Storm kicks her ass :

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?im...hunder76vv.jpg

Furthermore, several web pages list Storm as one of the few 616 people who are capable of lifting Mjolnir. I haven't seen it myself, though, so I cannot say whether it's true or not...

Ockham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:57 AM   #87
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

so she's worthy. (maybe) Doesnt make her an actual goddess. I doubt Hela would have refered to her as goddess of the storm, or even taken her seriously, if she didnt have the hammer and the power that comes with it (ie the power of Thor)

And Thor would still kill her with ease. Lets not forget that when all is said and done he could just grab her and snap her like a toothpick

As for her lifting mjolnir I am pretty sure that has never happened and the authors of those sites confused the uru hammer she used in those scans with the real mjolnir

"Kneel before Zod!"

Last edited by bkhedr; 10-22-2006 at 07:02 AM.
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #88
The Weather God
Returned

Quote:
so she's worthy. (maybe) Doesnt make her an actual goddess. I doubt Hela would have refered to her as goddess of the storm, or even taken her seriously, if she didnt have the hammer and the power that comes with it (ie the power of Thor)

And Thor would still kill her with ease. Lets not forget that when all is said and done he could just grab her and snap her like a toothpick

As for her lifting mjolnir I am pretty sure that has never happened and the authors of those sites confused the uru hammer she used in those scans with the real mjolnir
Thor could still beat her but let's not forget that this is not what this topic is about. Those scans prove that storm is just as loyal and worthy as thor will ever be and that she's an awsome character to ever be choosen to weild such power. In my opinion she is a better character and doesen't need to be god to prove that. Thor has always had his power and that's why you would think he's so much better but what would he be without his power? The way storm was when she lost her powers? she was still an awsome character without her weather powers, and that has been proven before, when she went back to still lead the x-men without her powers. Can thor still lead his warrior god team without his powers? I'm sure that still remains to be seen, but whenever you get through with trying to prove in fact that thor's a better character(because you think so) it will still come down to opinion because not everyone likes the same thing.

The Weather God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:25 PM   #89
Silicon Surfer
Side-Kick

I don't remember that story very well but I think that it was Loki that enchanted that hammer. It did not have the worthiness enchantment nor did it actually make Storm a goddess. It was part of a scam by Loki although I don't recall why. It almost certainly was not the equal of Mjolnir in power despite the claims although I don't think that there was ever a test.

Silicon Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:38 PM   #90
KAD
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Surfer
I don't remember that story very well but I think that it was Loki that enchanted that hammer. It did not have the worthiness enchantment nor did it actually make Storm a goddess. It was part of a scam by Loki although I don't recall why. It almost certainly was not the equal of Mjolnir in power despite the claims although I don't think that there was ever a test.
It wasn't a scam Storm was the official Godess of Thunder for a short period of time while Thor croaked.

Drawings in progress

KAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:19 AM   #91
HandOfFate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD
It wasn't a scam Storm was the official Godess of Thunder for a short period of time while Thor croaked.
He speaks the truth.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:23 AM   #92
KAD
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfFate
He speaks the truth.
I wondered if anyone else would get the croaked part.

Drawings in progress

KAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:34 AM   #93
kane9321
oakland's finest

storm would last maybe....6 seconds tops

kane9321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:02 AM   #94
Cyclops
Side-Kick

Yes, her wedding made newspapers. And then what? Bam! Supporting cast status.

Whereas a mere clone of Thor is a central figure in a big, over-extended, absolutely ridiculous crossover event that has more than outstayed its welcome.

Think about that. Thor's so massively important that even a clone of him is commanding massive attention from Marvel's biggest crossover ever.

"Goodnight, Earl."
Old 10-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #95
A.J.Rimmer(BSC)
Side-Kick

Quote:
To each their own dude

to me Storm is bland and boring

Thor has had his own ongoing since how long ago?

Thor has done everything from trudge through Mephisto's realm, going to hell and back, fighting super powered street thugs, traveling the spaceways and throwing down with galactus, traveling through time, discovering Ego, Ruling the world for 170 years then going back in time and undoing it, having not one but two functional intresting mortal guises/secret identities, founding Marvel's premiere superhero team. (and so much more, and always while being interesting)

Storm on the the other hand....well she's an X-man. Oh she's a supporting character in Black Panther

I just don't get the whole Storm fascination. Yes she visually has an interesting look and power set, but character wise? She's weak. She IMO is one of the weakest X-Man (personality wise).

I don't understand why everyone thinks she's a leader, emotionally strong etc. What has she done to earn this praise? Nowt. The only thing of credit I remember is resisting a few mind probes and shouting stuff. She sucks plain and simple.

Thor quite literally rules.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:35 PM   #96
Ockham
novice scientist

I finally made up my mind and voted for Storm. She is a good leader, has an interesting background, instills loyalty in her followers -- and is worthy of it, never gives up, has strong beliefs, is impossible to manipulate, has a complex relationship with her powers, and so on. She never gives the impression of being just some "forced" representative of a strong woman/black person to make the comic more "politically correct" -- at least not until this mess with BP Still, I don't dislike Thor either. Thor's slight flaw, IMO, is that when he is with the Avengers his status gets often downplayed and he becomes just a strong bruiser for Cap and Ironman to guide as they please. However, in his solo adventures he is stellar...

Last edited by Ockham; 10-23-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Ockham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #97
HandOfFate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Whereas a mere clone of Thor is a central figure in a big, over-extended, absolutely ridiculous crossover event that has more than outstayed its welcome..
Sadly, that more of an opinion then fact. Some people will buy just about anything these days.

Quote:
Think about that. Thor's so massively important that even a clone of him is commanding massive attention from Marvel's biggest crossover ever.
Also you should keep in mind that Storm will now be palying a part with BP and Cap in Civil War.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:04 PM   #98
Cyclops
Side-Kick

Clone-Thor's central role in Civil War is an opinion?

And "will be" playing a part with BP and Cap.... so basically she will be continuing her role as supporting character to Black Panther. Not a shock.

"Goodnight, Earl."
Old 10-23-2006, 03:02 PM   #99
Havok83
Side-Kick

I voted Storm. I dont really like Thor

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:26 PM   #100
HandOfFate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Clone-Thor's central role in Civil War is an opinion?
What central role did he play?

He came in and killed a secondary (maybe even lower) character, and then he had to be shut down. The Thor-Clone didn't advance the story at all, well other then to show how crazy the Pro side is getting.