The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Fight Club

View Poll Results: Thor V Storm
Thor 170 81.73%
Storm 38 18.27%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2006, 05:44 PM   #101
javon
Side-Kick
 
javon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,005
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J.Rimmer(BSC)
I just don't get the whole Storm fascination. Yes she visually has an interesting look and power set, but character wise? She's weak. She IMO is one of the weakest X-Man (personality wise).
WTF? Ororo has one of the best personalities of the X-men, and that isn't coming from the fact that she is my favorite character.

Quote:
I don't understand why everyone thinks she's a leader, emotionally strong etc. What has she done to earn this praise?
*Rubs off eyes* Now this is just getting crazy. Do you even read comics with Storm? Apparently not. She doesn't have indomitablle will for nothing. And it's not just that, it takes A LOT to make her go crazy unlike some other mutants. I truly can't believe you just said that...at all.
Quote:
Nowt. The only thing of credit I remember is resisting a few mind probes and shouting stuff.
Shouting stuff? Ororo Munroe doesn't just shout out blabberish. It depends on what your talking about. Because if your giving her cradit for "shouting stuff", then it really proves nothing because that could very well prove your "not emotionally strong" statement...wrong.
Quote:
Thor quite literally rules.
Literally? Care to explain? Because that proved nothing as to how he "rules".

__________________

javon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #102
Varient
Guru for Geeks
 
Varient's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Daxam, in a Upper-class Suburb
Posts: 13,011
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Urich
She did defeat Dr. Doom pretty handily
yup,.. and don't forget MODOK,..Thanos, The Mandarin, With assists easily beating Deadpool and helping the thing,...

__________________
Salani kahle = "Stay well" in the isiZulu Language.
Zum leben un gesund "to life and health" in German
(Whisper) "CARGIL is trying out for and trying HARD to be an X-man - I am SOOOO Jazzed about this simple thing."
Varient is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:58 PM   #103
Varient
Guru for Geeks
 
Varient's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Daxam, in a Upper-class Suburb
Posts: 13,011
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J.Rimmer(BSC)


I just don't get the whole Storm fascination. Yes she visually has an interesting look and power set, but character wise? She's weak. She IMO is one of the weakest X-Man (personality wise).

I don't understand why everyone thinks she's a leader, emotionally strong etc. What has she done to earn this praise? Nowt. The only thing of credit I remember is resisting a few mind probes and shouting stuff. She sucks plain and simple.

Thor quite literally rules.
You never read X-men right?

It shows in your casual disregard of almost two decades of detailed study of Ororo Monroe.

You could ask Any regular reader and know she is one of the deepest characters that Marvel has ever put together. I dare say that they put more into her development than the original five Xmen.

People have a GREAT feel for what she is capable of, where she has been, what she has done. her full power remains yet to be charted but by feats she shouldn't be able to beat thor - but she'd do more than bloody his nose.
Her aplication of her powers is more detailed than Thor has yet to exibit becuase Thor has five power sets to her two,... and he sit comfortable in the physical areas of his powers while she works mostly on the enviroment manip side.

You just insulted a lot of people who remember how she adopted kitty and peter as younger syblings, showed jelousy when Kitty started turning toward a dance teacher whose name I knew yesterday.

You don't know the funny moments when the xmen while fighting Iron Fist Hit Storm in the face with a bowl of potato salad and EVERYBODY ran for their lives.


You don't know the 50-11 times she stepped up expecting to die because to not do so would ensure an X-men would,.. where the writers give you a glimmer of her motivation when she did so.

Heck,... Her romance with the maker alone was hotter than ANYTHING I read about Sif or Foster.

Sir,.. I just believe you are stirring the pot to call her shallow.

For example,.. Has Thor ever lost ALL his power but continued on as a hero? Ororo did it,.. and BEAT cyclops out of the job for leadership of the xmen.

I think I'm gonna resist the soapbox a lil longer and stop here.

But I'll say again that that was insulting to people who have followed her adventures for years.


V.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg stormfem4s.JPG (32.7 KB, 53 views)

__________________
Salani kahle = "Stay well" in the isiZulu Language.
Zum leben un gesund "to life and health" in German
(Whisper) "CARGIL is trying out for and trying HARD to be an X-man - I am SOOOO Jazzed about this simple thing."
Varient is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #104
Ben Urich
Side-Kick
 
Ben Urich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 13,776
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Gee, and after all that... and Storm still sucks.

Ben Urich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:10 PM   #105
Varient
Guru for Geeks
 
Varient's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Daxam, in a Upper-class Suburb
Posts: 13,011
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Urich
Gee, and after all that... and Storm still sucks.
For example,.. Has Thor ever lost ALL his power but continued on as a hero? Ororo did it,.. and BEAT cyclops out of the job for leadership of the xmen.

Sorry but the true def of "sucky" is the "person" who is nothing w/o his powers.

You want to hate storm,.. go ahead.


V.

__________________
Salani kahle = "Stay well" in the isiZulu Language.
Zum leben un gesund "to life and health" in German
(Whisper) "CARGIL is trying out for and trying HARD to be an X-man - I am SOOOO Jazzed about this simple thing."
Varient is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #106
Ben Urich
Side-Kick
 
Ben Urich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 13,776
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Storm lost her powers but managed to beat Cyclops for team leadership.
As if beating Cyclops means anything.

Ben Urich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #107
Varient
Guru for Geeks
 
Varient's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Daxam, in a Upper-class Suburb
Posts: 13,011
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Urich
Storm lost her powers but managed to beat Cyclops for team leadership.
As if beating Cyclops means anything.
Point remains that Thor can't be depowered because at that point he becomes useless,.. Captain America,.. heck,.. ANY of his avengers buddies could beat him.

The point with Storm is that she's always been more than "Storm"
Take away her powers and she can still put a hurting on you because she had to learn more to survive.
Thor?

(chuckle)
They can't do it.

EVEN SUPERMAN IS MORE USE W/O HIS POWERS. His civilian idenity is a part of him,.. not some construct slapped on him by his dad to teach him humility.

I can't remember ANY reference in his civilain idenity where he got into a dust up without calling on the hammer.


Tsk,.. I repeat,.. Hate Storm if you got to.

__________________
Salani kahle = "Stay well" in the isiZulu Language.
Zum leben un gesund "to life and health" in German
(Whisper) "CARGIL is trying out for and trying HARD to be an X-man - I am SOOOO Jazzed about this simple thing."
Varient is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #108
KAD
Side-Kick
 
KAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 4,678
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
For example,.. Has Thor ever lost ALL his power but continued on as a hero? Ororo did it,.. and BEAT cyclops out of the job for leadership of the xmen.

Sorry but the true def of "sucky" is the "person" who is nothing w/o his powers.

You want to hate storm,.. go ahead.


V.
Has Storm ever been cursed to not be able to die and not heal from her wounds?

__________________

Drawings in progress

KAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:29 PM   #109
Ben Urich
Side-Kick
 
Ben Urich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 13,776
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Yeah, if Thor was depowered, he'd be useless. If. Since he's a God, however, that won't be happening.

Ben Urich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:21 PM   #110
The Weather God
Returned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 698
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
You never read X-men right?

It shows in your casual disregard of almost two decades of detailed study of Ororo Monroe.

You could ask Any regular reader and know she is one of the deepest characters that Marvel has ever put together. I dare say that they put more into her development than the original five Xmen.

People have a GREAT feel for what she is capable of, where she has been, what she has done. her full power remains yet to be charted but by feats she shouldn't be able to beat thor - but she'd do more than bloody his nose.
Her aplication of her powers is more detailed than Thor has yet to exibit becuase Thor has five power sets to her two,... and he sit comfortable in the physical areas of his powers while she works mostly on the enviroment manip side.

You just insulted a lot of people who remember how she adopted kitty and peter as younger syblings, showed jelousy when Kitty started turning toward a dance teacher whose name I knew yesterday.

You don't know the funny moments when the xmen while fighting Iron Fist Hit Storm in the face with a bowl of potato salad and EVERYBODY ran for their lives.


You don't know the 50-11 times she stepped up expecting to die because to not do so would ensure an X-men would,.. where the writers give you a glimmer of her motivation when she did so.

Heck,... Her romance with the maker alone was hotter than ANYTHING I read about Sif or Foster.

Sir,.. I just believe you are stirring the pot to call her shallow.

For example,.. Has Thor ever lost ALL his power but continued on as a hero? Ororo did it,.. and BEAT cyclops out of the job for leadership of the xmen.

I think I'm gonna resist the soapbox a lil longer and stop here.

But I'll say again that that was insulting to people who have followed her adventures for years.


V.

Very well said and lovely picture of storm btw

The Weather God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:42 PM   #111
Silicon Surfer
Side-Kick
 
Silicon Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,938
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Actually Thor did lose his powers once and got turned into a frog in the bargain. To reclaim his hammer and his powers he had to first become a true leader and champion of frogkind and then lift his hammer once he got to it. Fortunately he did still have superfrog strength.

Silicon Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:56 AM   #112
Cyclops
Side-Kick
 
Cyclops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a hotel room with my retarded younger brother.
Posts: 35,972
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
Point remains that Thor can't be depowered because at that point he becomes useless,.. Captain America,.. heck,.. ANY of his avengers buddies could beat him.
Thousands of years of experience as a warrior just means nothing these days, huh.

__________________
"Hey Earl. Who would win? Muppets or He-Man?"
"Just He-Man or the Masters of the Universe?"
"Just He-Man."
"...... Muppets. Goodnight, Randy."
"Goodnight, Earl."
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:57 AM   #113
Zeu
Side-Kick
 
Zeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In a zoo
Posts: 1,230
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
You never read X-men right?

It shows in your casual disregard of almost two decades of detailed study of Ororo Monroe.

You could ask Any regular reader and know she is one of the deepest characters that Marvel has ever put together. I dare say that they put more into her development than the original five Xmen.

People have a GREAT feel for what she is capable of, where she has been, what she has done. her full power remains yet to be charted but by feats she shouldn't be able to beat thor - but she'd do more than bloody his nose.
Her aplication of her powers is more detailed than Thor has yet to exibit becuase Thor has five power sets to her two,... and he sit comfortable in the physical areas of his powers while she works mostly on the enviroment manip side.

You just insulted a lot of people who remember how she adopted kitty and peter as younger syblings, showed jelousy when Kitty started turning toward a dance teacher whose name I knew yesterday.

You don't know the funny moments when the xmen while fighting Iron Fist Hit Storm in the face with a bowl of potato salad and EVERYBODY ran for their lives.


You don't know the 50-11 times she stepped up expecting to die because to not do so would ensure an X-men would,.. where the writers give you a glimmer of her motivation when she did so.

Heck,... Her romance with the maker alone was hotter than ANYTHING I read about Sif or Foster.

Sir,.. I just believe you are stirring the pot to call her shallow.

For example,.. Has Thor ever lost ALL his power but continued on as a hero? Ororo did it,.. and BEAT cyclops out of the job for leadership of the xmen.

I think I'm gonna resist the soapbox a lil longer and stop here.

But I'll say again that that was insulting to people who have followed her adventures for years.


V.

AWESOME post, dude!

__________________
Find me at Deviantart:

http://eliseugouveia.deviantart.com/
Zeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:59 AM   #114
Cyclops
Side-Kick
 
Cyclops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a hotel room with my retarded younger brother.
Posts: 35,972
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfFate
What central role did he play?

He came in and killed a secondary (maybe even lower) character, and then he had to be shut down. The Thor-Clone didn't advance the story at all, well other then to show how crazy the Pro side is getting.
Well, he cemented once and for all that the Pro-Reg side is being led by a bunch of evil bastards and literally held the readership's attention hostage. Plus, he struck the first casualty of the war. It was his actions that let everybody on both sides know that this is deadly serious and relations between certain characters can never be the same again.

Seems pretty important - far more important than being T'Challa's trophy wide.

__________________
"Hey Earl. Who would win? Muppets or He-Man?"
"Just He-Man or the Masters of the Universe?"
"Just He-Man."
"...... Muppets. Goodnight, Randy."
"Goodnight, Earl."
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:29 AM   #115
juggster-rules
Side-Kick
 
juggster-rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 676
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrusbales
This occured on the MUA thread, people were arguing as to why thor is allowed a cape and storm isn't(yeah kinda sad), and the question came out as to who was the better and more popular character, vote away....
i like thor much better than storm but if i had to choose whose more popular id have to go with storm cause the xmen is the most popular today out of all the teams and most characters.

juggster-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:33 AM   #116
Cyclops
Side-Kick
 
Cyclops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a hotel room with my retarded younger brother.
Posts: 35,972
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

But Storm isn't an X-Man anymore.

__________________
"Hey Earl. Who would win? Muppets or He-Man?"
"Just He-Man or the Masters of the Universe?"
"Just He-Man."
"...... Muppets. Goodnight, Randy."
"Goodnight, Earl."
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:24 AM   #117
MilkmanDan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 388
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
Point remains that Thor can't be depowered because at that point he becomes useless,.. Captain America,.. heck,.. ANY of his avengers buddies could beat him.

The point with Storm is that she's always been more than "Storm"
Take away her powers and she can still put a hurting on you because she had to learn more to survive.
Thor?
So, your argument is that because you've never seen Thor do something he must be incapable of doing it? Like Cyclops mentioned, Thor has been a warrior for thousands of years. At this point we have no way of knowing, what Thor would do if he lost his powers. So there's no point in comparing what we think he might do in that situation to what Storm did.

However, I agree that Storm's accomplishments during the time she led the X-Men without her powers are a clear proof of her skills, intelligence and strength of character.

MilkmanDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:51 AM   #118
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem
 
bkhedr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frak!!!
Posts: 3,529
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Thousands of years of experience as a warrior just means nothing these days, huh.
People seem to forget that

If Thor were totally depowered he'd still be one of the greatest Warriors who ever lived

heck he'd be Conan with a thousand times more experience, and Conan beat Captain America

__________________
Cedat Fortuna Peritis - Skill is better than luck

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:00 AM   #119
A.J.Rimmer(BSC)
Side-Kick
 
A.J.Rimmer(BSC)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,420
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
You never read X-men right?
Yes I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
It shows in your casual disregard of almost two decades of detailed study of Ororo Monroe.
I've been reading for 10 years, chum, and I'm trying to read more stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
You could ask Any regular reader and know she is one of the deepest characters that Marvel has ever put together. I dare say that they put more into her development than the original five Xmen.
Probably, but only because they needed to. Cyclops is a simple and extremely niche character (I love Cyclops). Jeans had substantial development (More than Storm). Beast is a tragic character, just like the thing, has been an Avenger, is a geneticist etc, but has few fans). Iceman and Angle were wasted IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
People have a GREAT feel for what she is capable of, where she has been, what she has done. her full power remains yet to be charted but by feats she shouldn't be able to beat thor - but she'd do more than bloody his nose.
Her aplication of her powers is more detailed than Thor has yet to exibit becuase Thor has five power sets to her two,... and he sit comfortable in the physical areas of his powers while she works mostly on the enviroment manip side.
But that isn't what this thread is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
You just insulted a lot of people who remember how she adopted kitty and peter as younger syblings, showed jelousy when Kitty started turning toward a dance teacher whose name I knew yesterday.
No. No I didn't insult anyone. If anyone took that as an insult, they should grow up. At no point did I say anyone who likes Storm sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
You don't know the funny moments when the xmen while fighting Iron Fist Hit Storm in the face with a bowl of potato salad and EVERYBODY ran for their lives.
Fair enough I haven't read that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
You don't know the 50-11 times she stepped up expecting to die because to not do so would ensure an X-men would,.. where the writers give you a glimmer of her motivation when she did so.
Isn't that what all X-Men would do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
Heck,... Her romance with the maker alone was hotter than ANYTHING I read about Sif or Foster.
I rate characters on character, not who they lay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
Sir,.. I just believe you are stirring the pot to call her shallow.
I knew it would be seen this way, but I'm no troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
For example,.. Has Thor ever lost ALL his power but continued on as a hero? Ororo did it,.. and BEAT cyclops out of the job for leadership of the xmen.
That was rigged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
I think I'm gonna resist the soapbox a lil longer and stop here.
That WASN'T YOU SOAPBOXING?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
But I'll say again that that was insulting to people who have followed her adventures for years.
And I'll say it again. Its a fictional character, you shouldn't be offended because you like her and I don't. Get over it.


All things aside good post. I'd give it 7/10.

Good knowledge, but you could mature a little.

__________________
bigbosh69 PS3 tag.
A.J.Rimmer(BSC) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:09 AM   #120
Mr. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 64
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

I read x-men and have for the duration of the time I've read comics, Storm always came across as extremely boring and uniteresting. For example in that awful X-treme X-men run, that just kinda highlighted my distaste for her.

Thor was always very interesting and he could hold up the spotlight of his own book, he's pretty awesome and I never had the problems that i've had with storm with him.

Thor, definetly.

Mr. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:20 AM   #121
A.J.Rimmer(BSC)
Side-Kick
 
A.J.Rimmer(BSC)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,420
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

OKAAAY next:



Quote:
Originally Posted by javon
WTF? Ororo has one of the best personalities of the X-men, and that isn't coming from the fact that she is my favorite character.
You sure? Anyway I understand why people like her (although I don't get why SO MANY people like her). I don't though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by javon
*Rubs off eyes* Now this is just getting crazy. Do you even read comics with Storm? Apparently not. She doesn't have indomitablle will for nothing. And it's not just that, it takes A LOT to make her go crazy unlike some other mutants. I truly can't believe you just said that...at all.

Shouting stuff? Ororo Munroe doesn't just shout out blabberish. It depends on what your talking about. Because if your giving her cradit for "shouting stuff", then it really proves nothing because that could very well prove your "not emotionally strong" statement...wrong.
Believe it. What I meant was (and I'll use the same example) the Shadow King attempts to take over Storm's mind and she yells "NEVER!" or some such buffoonery. The SK is then taken aback "Wow such indomitable will!" Now I'm not gonna believe someone has intomitable will just because i'm told they have it. I wanna see it. Eg Wolverine will not let ANYTHING go. He''ll chase you down and cut you up. He physically never gives up. He's a machine. Emotionally, I'll give it that Storm has will, but if you put a lot of characters in that position they'd do the same. [/QUOTE]


Quote:
Originally Posted by javon
Literally? Care to explain? Because that proved nothing as to how he "rules".
Well, he was a GOD. Then he was the KING of GODS, so he literally ruled. Also he's not a pussy for tight spaces.

__________________
bigbosh69 PS3 tag.
A.J.Rimmer(BSC) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:21 AM   #122
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Well based on the few x-men comics I was given (including the one where Storm beats Cyclops without her powers which was pretty stupid as to how it happenned imho - given she did not beat him but put him in a situation he had to withdraw from the contest) and the Thor comics such as reigning and spiral, I think Thor is the better character.

However, Storm is probably more popular among those that know of the marvel universe. Of course, then again the name Thor, given it comes from Nordic mythology, may be better known then the charcater Storm for those that do not.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 AM   #123
CanaryFan
Side-Kick
 
CanaryFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,664
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varient
Point remains that Thor can't be depowered because at that point he becomes useless,.. Captain America,.. heck,.. ANY of his avengers buddies could beat him.
.
WHAT!!! His thousands of years of battle experience would disappear with his powers? So how come that didn't happen when he lost his powers back in the 90's when all the Norse gods were missing and Thor was mortal. I remember him taking on an entire gang of armed thugs and wiping the floor with them. At the end of the fight Black Widow (Avengers leader at the time) and the rest of the team showed up to ask him to rejoin. Thor explained that he had lost his powers and wouldn't be of much use. Widow surveyed the battle field and said "You did all this without powers, you'll do!" He went on to have some pretty good fights with the Avengers without his powers

CanaryFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:57 AM   #124
Varient
Guru for Geeks
 
Varient's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Daxam, in a Upper-class Suburb
Posts: 13,011
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Surfer
Actually Thor did lose his powers once and got turned into a frog in the bargain. To reclaim his hammer and his powers he had to first become a true leader and champion of frogkind and then lift his hammer once he got to it. Fortunately he did still have superfrog strength.
SIGH.

__________________
Salani kahle = "Stay well" in the isiZulu Language.
Zum leben un gesund "to life and health" in German
(Whisper) "CARGIL is trying out for and trying HARD to be an X-man - I am SOOOO Jazzed about this simple thing."
Varient is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:01 AM   #125
Varient
Guru for Geeks
 
Varient's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Daxam, in a Upper-class Suburb
Posts: 13,011
Default Re: Storm Vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops
Thousands of years of experience as a warrior just means nothing these days, huh.
?
THOUSANDS OF YEARS AS A SUPER POWERED WARRIOR Doesn't mean much if those powers are taken away.

Like saying a bird with wings which flew every year from Hawaii to California,... Lop off it's wings and it's still going to make hawaii within the season of travel?

__________________
Salani kahle = "Stay well" in the isiZulu Language.
Zum leben un gesund "to life and health" in German
(Whisper) "CARGIL is trying out for and trying HARD to be an X-man - I am SOOOO Jazzed about this simple thing."
Varient is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.