The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: what other colors of kryptonite should we see?
Red- in the comics, random effects; in "Smallville", makes Clark nasty 14 48.28%
Gold- removes his powers (permanently?) 3 10.34%
Blue- poisons Bizarro only (so far) 4 13.79%
Silver- in "smallville", causes paranoid delusions 3 10.34%
Other, new color- 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #101
Zor-El
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kryptonite is Real!

Krypton is real, too.
http://www.comcast.net/news/science/...itn_kryptonite

Old 04-24-2007, 09:54 PM   #102
Zor-El
Side-Kick

whoa wrong link, that one's about the kryptonite.
I have one about a planet that circles a red star and has similar temperatures to earth with the potential to support liquid water... i'll find it. gimme time lol

Old 04-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #103
Zor-El
Side-Kick

http://www.comcast.net/news/science/...24/645720.html
here it is. I knew i wasn't crazy.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 PM   #104
wellsy
All crews reporting.

Now if they could make it radioactive...

And if only Singer were from Krypton...

Phwahahahahahahaaha!

J/k!

Old 04-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #105
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

If that planet explodes, I'm taking a road trip to Kansas.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:29 AM   #106
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor-El View Post
very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsy View Post
Now if they could make it radioactive...

And if only Singer were from Krypton...

Phwahahahahahahaaha!

J/k!

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:08 AM   #107
zerohour films
Side-Kick

I was just about to post this same article.
Funny how it came out the same week as the real kryptonite article.

I guess we need to keep our eye on this planet and if it ever goes bye-bye someone needs to get to Kansas and start looking for a baby in a spaceship.

zerohour films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:49 AM   #108
Steelsheen
Iconic

anybody ever heard of Red Son?

what if supposed baby in spaceship lands in Russia? or give that the Russians are already democratic, what about China or North Korea?

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #109
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

hmm.... "kryptonite" discovered the same day that a nearly Earth-like planet orbiting a red sun is discovered.... conicidence?

Dark Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #110
nyczwillz

too baaad it doesnt glow.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:14 AM   #111
Pimpjuice16
Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
If that planet explodes, I'm taking a road trip to Kansas.
lol why so u can get krypto powers?

Her Brain Is Ludacris So When I Ahhhh....I Call It Release Therapy

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3183434

Pimpjuice16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:04 AM   #112
Uncanny
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is anyone else sick of "kryptonite" used as a weapon against Superman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
Another factor that kryptonite sucks is that the best/most entertaining fight scenes out of all five superman movies were:
1. Superman versus Zod and Co. in SUPERMAN 2
2. Superman versus Evil Superman in SUPERMAN 3

We gotta have Darkseid, Brainiac, Parasite, Metallo, or Bizarro for the next movie. Superman is an alien - these movies don't need to be so Earth grounded-only. Singer feels he has to keep everything so real. A good screenwriter can make a movie relatable with important relationship themes or keep things real even when dealing with other planets or aliens.
As long as Luthor is in the movies we will have kryptonite. Super only BIG two weaknesses are Kryptonite and Magic.

Unless the WB has Darkseid, Parasite, Doomsday, Mongul or others as the main bad guys in the movies we will have more Kryptonite.

Uncanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:55 AM   #113
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

Default Re: Is anyone else sick of "kryptonite" used as a weapon against Superman?

I would love to see the next superman film to go a whole run without kryptonite. WE GET IT, SUPERMAN IS ADVERSELY AFFECTED BY IT! WOW! Thanks for pounding it into our skulls. I agree it should be there some of the time, but it's been shoved in our face so often that it's no longer appealing. I think the next movie should be totally void of kryptonite.

And for god sakes, please have corpotate/political/scientific lex in the next movie! Can we see the savvy cunning and genius Lex Luther the way he was meant to be. If we're going to continue to see him in every movie, can we at least make him more of a threat. Lex should be mingling with corporate execs (managing his mega-wealth), the scientific community (developing new defense technology that drives his corporation) and senators (amassing his support for presidency)...not associating himself with a bunch of common criminal and goons.

Last edited by ThanosOfTitans; 05-28-2007 at 03:59 AM.
ThanosOfTitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:05 AM   #114
BareKnucklez
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotatromboner View Post
Well Singer didn't go with a super-baddie in SR so Lex had to use something. It's one of only a handful of weaknesses. Magic would just be too silly in movies.
I agree 100% magic would have been a terrible idea... Singer had no choice but to use Kryptonite...

If the plot is good it works... Sadly the movies plot sucked...

BareKnucklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:14 AM   #115
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BareKnucklez View Post
I agree 100% magic would have been a terrible idea... Singer had no choice but to use Kryptonite...

If the plot is good it works... Sadly the movies plot sucked...
hey i like the idea of magic. but not over the top magic, just sublte stuff. maybe a magical villain as a minor villain who uses magic to augment his fighting skills, strength, and speed...and allow him to fly, teleport and fire mystical projectiles. I think that would have been cool if done right.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:37 AM   #116
superbaby
Banned User

Quote:
Is anyone else sick of kryptonite constantly being used to weaken Superman? How come every villain in the movie finds this green rare rock that Superman is allergic too? It's just overused and getting old. I think it's been used in the five past Superman movies (maybe not in Superman 2? - which is probably why the second one is the best one). The idea of using kryptonite in a Superman movie is very campy and cheesy as well. It's just too easy and silly to have in the movie. Give Superman a new challenge already!

This is why we we need a superpowered villain. If the Superman Returns sequel uses Luthor, Brainiac, or Metallo, there's a good chance they are going to be using kryptonite against Supes.
if singer returned, kryptonite would be returned too. 'member, kryponite was planted everywhere in SR. the sea, the outer space, lex, the hospital, the museum, almost every corner got a piece of kryptonite.
that's just terrible.

superbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:51 PM   #117
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is anyone else sick of kryptonite constantly being used to weaken Superman? How come every villain in the movie finds this green rare rock that Superman is allergic too? It's just overused and getting old. I think it's been used in the five past Superman movies (maybe not in Superman 2? - which is probably why the second one is the best one). The idea of using kryptonite in a Superman movie is very campy and cheesy as well. It's just too easy and silly to have in the movie. Give Superman a new challenge already!

This is why we we need a superpowered villain. If the Superman Returns sequel uses Luthor, Brainiac, or Metallo, there's a good chance they are going to be using kryptonite against Supes.

Answer: Yes.

mego joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #118
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rp2f...elated&search=

This is funny. Dunn if it's been posted already, but I think it perfectly comomunicates (with a lil humor) some of the gripes we have about kryptonite being in EVERY movie.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #119
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

As much as everyone may be sick of Kryptonite, it will always be around because it's the only thing that can stop Superman.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:38 AM   #120
Timstuff
Banned User

I am tired of kryptonite, personally. I think it'd be a lot more interesting if Superman had to fight a villain who doesn't have any kryptonite-related edge over Superman, and is just plain his equal in terms of physical prowess, or possibly better. I heard a lot of people complain that they almost wanted to root for Lex Luthor in SR just because they knew how easy it was for Superman to kick his butt. People like to root for the underdog, and that's probably part of why Superman has had popularity problems for a while. He's just too strong, and in SR, there was no-one who could actually physically dominate him.

I always loved the idea of Lex Luthor always wearing a ring with a kryptonite gem, because that would be a great frustration for Superman. Even if he wanted to kick Luthor's posterior, he can't just because of a stupid little rock on Luthor's finger, which always reminds Superman to stay out of his personal space.

Last edited by Timstuff; 05-29-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:54 AM   #121
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Superman: Will I see you...around?
Kryptonite: I'm always around, goodnight Superman.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:03 PM   #122
ROBOCOP CPU001

oh i see, instead of kryptonite, they could throw custard pies at him instead, that will show him.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #123
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

They should use that screwdriver from Dr. Who...

Old 05-29-2007, 12:12 PM   #124
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOCOP CPU001 View Post
oh i see, instead of kryptonite, they could throw custard pies at him instead, that will show him.
Or they could just get a capable super villain to at least THROW a punch at him. That's a lot easier than going through the arduous task of baking a custard pie.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #125
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

I thought the idea when you get down the the original bones of it all, to have an island made of Kryptonite and Superman getting stabbed by a Kryptonite shard were good. The problem was execution.

If Kryptonite is to be used I want it embedded in Metallo, otherwise, lets get it amped up.