The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 11-02-2006, 06:35 AM   #1
Ironman69
Side-Kick

Default Should JASON become a villian?

He grows up, different, odd, alone....sickly. Finds out his parents are lying to him about who he is. All the while his powers grow and grow..then he snaps. Total disdain for life...for truth, justice and the American way! Like an ANTI-CHRIST. I keep thinking of the Damien character from The Omen, only Jason can be much more sinister AND with true superpowers!
Maybe, as the movie climaxes to a violent end, Superman is forced to make a hard choice: Does he save his only son? Or, does he have to kill him to save humanity? YEAH!!

Last edited by Ironman69; 11-02-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Ironman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
BobbyinNashvill

Default Re: Should JASON become a villian?

Pretty good dilemma. I'd be interested in it. However, you'll have to age everyone a good bit, right?

Old 11-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
Brendan
Dead By Dawn

Its too far fetched. I know a lot of DC comic readers are used to these kind of crazy stories but I don't think a Superman movie like this would be very popular.

Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
Aquaman
::explosions::

Reminds me of Superboy Prime. Hey! Maybe he could punch reality a few times and have Superman's suit suddenly be brighter. That might make everyone who's complaining about the suit just shut up.

Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
TheCalling
Man of Steel

Jason as a villain? Sure, possible.
And in the third movie we can have Supes say "Jason... *heavy breathing* ... I AM YOUR FATHER!"

WWW.MADEBYMARCEL.COM
TheCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #6
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalling
Jason as a villain? Sure, possible.
And in the third movie we can have Supes say "Jason... *heavy breathing* ... I AM YOUR FATHER!"

Or he could start wearing a hockey mask.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #7
DarKush
Side-Kick

Singer wouldn't have the stones to do it, but I think the idea of turning Jason into a villian would be cool.

DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:54 PM   #8
sepharih
Resident Censor Hater

Here’s how I’d do it. For the coming sequel, you set it up where Jason, starting to come of age, is beginning to come into conflict with himself and his fathers ideals. He’s not evil, but we can see elements in him which are all too human, and unlike his father he doesn’t quite possess the same benevolence that he does. Because of this, we begin to see that the power is somewhat of a corrupting force, and that without Supes there to guide him he might have begun to go off track.
In the movie, the new villain (I would guess Brainiac) recognizes that it’s impossible to actually physically destroy Superman without Kryptonite (which hopefully will not appear in the film) and instead decides the most efficient course is to simply remove him from the equation by transporting him to a place where he will be unable to interfere with his plans.
By accident (or maybe not) Jason winds up being the one who is hit with this teleportation beam and/or thrown into this portal he creates and Supes subsequently defeats the enemy in a rage for the loss of his son. Unable to bring Jason back, the final act shows Supes and Lois mourning for the knowledge that they may never see their son again, but holding out hope that one day they might just find him.

Then...

Cut To:

Close up on Jason as his eyes open. We pan backwards to reveal him lying on a black marble like floor with his arms chained to the base. He slowly rises to his feet and surveys his surroundings. The room is dark muted, but in the outside windows we see a sky tinted red. Jason looks down at his chains and attempts to struggle with them, but finds that even with his newly found strength he is unable to pull himself free.

SPEAKER (OFF CAMERA)
I see you have awoken young one.

The voice is dark and low pitched with almost palpable malevolence. Hearing the voice, Jason turns towards the speaker, his chains rattling.

JASON
Where...where am I. Where’s my--

SPEAKER (OFF CAMERA)
Silence.

Jason stops speaking, and fearfully gazes at the unseen speaker.

SPEAKER (OFF CAMERA)
Listen to me very carefully boy. You now live and breathe solely at my discretion. You exist for one purpose alone...to carry out my will. Your training will be long, arduous, and now that your powers have begun to emerge, you will...perhaps...be capable of surviving.
Eventually, when you are ready, you will champion my army against your old world...to further my glory.

JASON
...Who are you?

SPEAKER (OFF CAMERA)
I? I am your new lord and master.

We turn towards the direction Jason has been gazing to discover an imposing humanoid grey hulk covered in reflective tinted armor sitting in a tall massive stone throne. His face is a stern gaze of evil, almost rocklike in appearance, with twin glowing red orbs for eyes that gaze directly through us.

SPEAKER
For future reference, I am called DARKSEID.

FADE TO BLACK
Thus setting up Darkseid for the next film, as well as the inevitable confrontation between Jason and Superman. It may actually be possible to make a genuine character out of that kid yet.

sepharih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #9
Ironman69
Side-Kick

I still think the idea of Jason becoming a SUPERVILLIAN is the best way to go..

Old 12-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #10
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

As Jason begins to grow up, he becomes more powerful, but due to the difference between Kryptonian and human DNA, his mind begins to deteriorate. Eventually, he begins to become more unstable, and grow older and more powerful by each passing day. Then one day, his transformation is complete as BIZARRO!!!!

Hey, this idea may suck, but it isn't like Singer did any better.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #11
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Yes.

and i have a feeling that it is the road that Singer will take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson
Is it real? Or a wig? Maybe he wears a wig in the movie cause he is bald and then at the end of the movie he rips off the wig and throws it at Superman.
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #12
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

If he does that, he is then going against his own movie. The point of Jason in SR is to show that Superman is not alone. If he makes him a villain, he is then alienating Superman once again. I don't see Singer doing this. I didn't like SR, but I see what he was going for, and this is something I doubt will happen.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #13
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan930
If he does that, he is then going against his own movie. The point of Jason in SR is to show that Superman is not alone. If he makes him a villain, he is then alienating Superman once again. I don't see Singer doing this. I didn't like SR, but I see what he was going for, and this is something I doubt will happen.
That was the point of SR yes , so you 're right about what it would do to Superman ..unless of course the context change ..and we have no way of knowing how Superman is going to grow in his life in general ...And especially we have no way of knowing if Jason as a vilain would be permanent..and even more if his powers would be permanent ( that would be not the first time a character in the Superman movie universe "lose" his powers )

The point of Jason becoming evil would be a great metaphor about some of the vengeful mentality of the of youth growing post 11/9 ..it could have reasonnance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson
Is it real? Or a wig? Maybe he wears a wig in the movie cause he is bald and then at the end of the movie he rips off the wig and throws it at Superman.

Last edited by Maze; 12-08-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #14
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze
That was the point of SR yes , so you 're right about what it would do to Superman ..unless of course the context change ..and we have no way of knowing how Superman is going to grow in his life in general ...And especially we have no way of knowing if Jason as a vilain would be permanent..and even more if his powers would be permanent ( that would be not the first time a character in the Superman movie universe "lose" his powers )

The point of Jason becoming evil would be a great metaphor about some of the vengeful mentality of the of youth growing post 11/9 ..it could have reasonnance.
We have no way of knowing how he will grow, but I think him and Jason are gonna grow closer in the next movies, and if Singer gets three movies (I wouldn't hold my breath on it yet), I could see him setting up Jason as possibly being the next Superman by killing off Superman. I see this direction more likely than Jason turning to the darkside, even on a temporary basis.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:04 PM   #15
Ironman69
Side-Kick

I love the idea I said in the opening post about Superman having to choose between saving his evil son from death, or saving our world ( humanity ). That would be such a dramatic, heart-wrenching & tough decision I think we all would want to see.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #16
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Did he not give Jason the "son becomes the father, and the father the son" speech. This tells me that Superman will die, and Jason will be the next Superman, as per the Kryptonian legacy.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:32 PM   #17
Denny67
Side-Kick

Jason should die to avert potential for any real bad ideas as posted above ^^^

I am sure Hollyweird would accept such pitches as potentially a profitable and a “new hip way” to market a classic.

Once again they would be wrong.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:39 PM   #18
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I am not saying that is what should happen. I hated SR, but if Singer keeps the seat, I see him going in this direction. It is a stupid way to go, but that is what I think he is hinting at.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #19
nocomics
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan930
We have no way of knowing how he will grow, but I think him and Jason are gonna grow closer in the next movies, and if Singer gets three movies (I wouldn't hold my breath on it yet), I could see him setting up Jason as possibly being the next Superman by killing off Superman. I see this direction more likely than Jason turning to the darkside, even on a temporary basis.

I also go along with setting this up for superman to be killed,and his son to take over his role. I would hope they use the doomsday scenerio of superman deciding the fate of metropolis or his own life(can add doomsday is about to kill his son,so supes sacrifices himself). Would have it supes and son tag-team dooms,but son decides to prove himself and takes on dooms himself,gets almost dead,here comes dad and bam dooms/supes die..Or something like that.
They can easily explain Doomsday with the story they used in SR. Could always say supes encountered dooms on his journies,but escaped. He didn't tell anyone he fought him,cause he didnt want anyone to lose hope in him,cause he had to escape...

nocomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:20 PM   #20
Rorschach2012
$

no i just hope he isnt in the next one even if its awkward

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:58 AM   #21
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

They should follow the Chris Kent storyline from the comics. It's been wonderfull so far.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:09 PM   #22
project13
Side-Kick

The Eradicator might brainwashed Jason, thus turning him into Krypton Boy.

project13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #23
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepharih View Post
Here’s how I’d do it. For the coming sequel, you set it up where Jason, starting to come of age, is beginning to come into conflict with himself and his fathers ideals. He’s not evil, but we can see elements in him which are all too human, and unlike his father he doesn’t quite possess the same benevolence that he does. Because of this, we begin to see that the power is somewhat of a corrupting force, and that without Supes there to guide him he might have begun to go off track.
In the movie, the new villain (I would guess Brainiac) recognizes that it’s impossible to actually physically destroy Superman without Kryptonite (which hopefully will not appear in the film) and instead decides the most efficient course is to simply remove him from the equation by transporting him to a place where he will be unable to interfere with his plans.
By accident (or maybe not) Jason winds up being the one who is hit with this teleportation beam and/or thrown into this portal he creates and Supes subsequently defeats the enemy in a rage for the loss of his son. Unable to bring Jason back, the final act shows Supes and Lois mourning for the knowledge that they may never see their son again, but holding out hope that one day they might just find him.

Then...

Cut To:

Close up on Jason as his eyes open. We pan backwards to reveal him lying on a black marble like floor with his arms chained to the base. He slowly rises to his feet and surveys his surroundings. The room is dark muted, but in the outside windows we see a sky tinted red. Jason looks down at his chains and attempts to struggle with them, but finds that even with his newly found strength he is unable to pull himself free.

SPEAKER (OFF CAMERA)
I see you have awoken young one.

The voice is dark and low pitched with almost palpable malevolence. Hearing the voice, Jason turns towards the speaker, his chains rattling.

JASON
Where...where am I. Where’s my--

SPEAKER (OFF CAMERA)
Silence.

Jason stops speaking, and fearfully gazes at the unseen speaker.

SPEAKER (OFF CAMERA)
Listen to me very carefully boy. You now live and breathe solely at my discretion. You exist for one purpose alone...to carry out my will. Your training will be long, arduous, and now that your powers have begun to emerge, you will...perhaps...be capable of surviving.
Eventually, when you are ready, you will champion my army against your old world...to further my glory.

JASON
...Who are you?

SPEAKER (OFF CAMERA)
I? I am your new lord and master.

We turn towards the direction Jason has been gazing to discover an imposing humanoid grey hulk covered in reflective tinted armor sitting in a tall massive stone throne. His face is a stern gaze of evil, almost rocklike in appearance, with twin glowing red orbs for eyes that gaze directly through us.

SPEAKER
For future reference, I am called DARKSEID.

FADE TO BLACK

Thus setting up Darkseid for the next film, as well as the inevitable confrontation between Jason and Superman. It may actually be possible to make a genuine character out of that kid yet.
The highlighted/bolded/italicized is incorrect. Lois never slept with Darkseid. She got 'round with ole Mr. Mxyxztplk. This is a theory I am working on. Later, I'll post it in full.

anyhow,this is a very GOOD arc for the kid. Please Singer! Darkseid could be the strong finish this trilogy needs! Plus Bizarro was retconned by Returns, was he not?

-Morzan

Last edited by Victarion; 01-24-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:47 PM   #24
dark_b
Side-Kick

a fight between son goku and son gohan. damn i would like to see this ....to bad the story woudl suck IMO.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #25
project13
Side-Kick

Post Re: Should JASON become a villian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan930 View Post
As Jason begins to grow up, he becomes more powerful, but due to the difference between Kryptonian and human DNA, his mind begins to deteriorate. Eventually, he begins to become more unstable, and grow older and more powerful by each passing day. Then one day, his transformation is complete as BIZARRO!!!!

Hey, this idea may suck, but it isn't like Singer did any better.

I don't think it sucks. I think it would be good for Jason trying to be the hero, as long as he doesn't become Match(Superboy's clone).

project13 is offline   Reply With Quote