The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 02-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
Ultron-5
Banned User

Default The Batman & Robin Hype

How hyped were you guys for Batman & Robin back before it was released in 1997? What was your reaction to images, the trailers and tv spots, and the marketing in general?

Ultron-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #2
Ultron-5
Banned User

Default Re: The Batman & Robin Hype

The last premiere of the Burton/Shumacher series.

Ultron-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

I remember thinking Ivy looked cool and very comic book accurate. Mr. Freeze looked good to me, too, at the time. But I don't think I was very hyped for the movie because Batman Forever didn't wow me back in '95. And Batman being recast for a second time was also off putting.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 02-03-2015 at 09:22 AM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:34 AM   #4
Cain
"...I prefer 'Doc'"

I was much more hyped for Batman Forever. Like The Joker already mentioned the initial letdown of BF (I like it more now than I did then) and then Kilmer getting recast with a TV actor kept me away from getting fully hyped for B&R while it was in production.

I don't remember thinking much of it until the first trailer hit and it looked a bit better than what I expected. Then opening weekend came...

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, TMNT, Multiversity, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Sensation Comics, Batgirl, Grayson, Gotham Academy, Batman '66, Aquaman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League, Justice League 3001, X-O Manowar, Unity, Rai, Ivar Timewalker, Ninjak, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:54 PM   #5
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I remember being 10, first seeing the trailer in the Warner Brothers store (remember those?). Prior to seeing the trailer I wasn't happy about the news that Batman had be recast again, but the trailer sold me on it being a good movie that dealt with more of a Bat-family dynamic. I got excited when I saw it and tried to hang around the store long enough for it to play again.

The use of Elfman's score on a Schumacher trailer can be really deceiving...

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote