The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 11-18-2006, 07:53 PM   #26
thorstone
Side-Kick

Default Re: If it were Doomsday-- how would you want him?

Think of Doomsday's roll in the plot as more analogous to the rancor in Return of the Jedi... or the Samael character in Hellboy.

It's an insane abomination of science, it's the monster; the failure of someone (Darkseid if it were a trilogy) playing god.

Darkseid particularly would be one to create living weapons.

thorstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:38 AM   #27
Iceburgeruk
Side-Kick

Like juggernaut doomsday could work as the primary villain. As long as the plot is solely about this thunderous unstopable thing that is inevitably gonna kill supes. You have the majority of the plot with doomsday crossing the continent slowly getting closer to supes and then in the last 45 mins he touches down in metropolis and the fight IS ON!

Iceburgeruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #28
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

The way I see it. Some piece of the hunk of NK debris floating in space mutates and that is how Doomsday is created. He falls back from space after some sort of explosion in space...or whatever, and Supes and him fight because Doomsday is mindless killing machine.

I don't think Doomsday needs to be extra complicated, nor do I think he needs a trilology of stories. He does need another villian who is smarter, and I think some form of Brainiac will be good.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #29
thorstone
Side-Kick

Brainiac wouldn't be able to control him-- and I'd cringe to hear the name, "Brainiac" come out of any actor's mouth.

Luthor will inevitably be in the movie, but what if Zod were there as well.

Zod = Khan
Doomsday = Genesis
Superman's son = Kirk's son

Last edited by thorstone; 11-20-2006 at 03:22 PM.
thorstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #30
Iceburgeruk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress
The way I see it. Some piece of the hunk of NK debris floating in space mutates and that is how Doomsday is created. He falls back from space after some sort of explosion in space...or whatever, and Supes and him fight because Doomsday is mindless killing machine.

I don't think Doomsday needs to be extra complicated, nor do I think he needs a trilology of stories. He does need another villian who is smarter, and I think some form of Brainiac will be good.
I would prefer though if the character was coerced into coming to earth and attacking supes. I think the whole henchman role or mind control doomsday would make him seem less threatening.

Have that he isn`t following orders he is simply (without him knowing) moved into the correct place to come into contact with supes by the main villain.

Iceburgeruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #31
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo
I would have Doomsday, Braniac and of course Lex as the villains for the sequel;

Doomsday was genetically engineered by someone with the financial backing of Lex, who oversaw the whole thing in an attempt to get rid of Superman. Lex is being controlled by Braniac and then Superboy, uh i mean Superman has a dust up with Doomsday.

Some other stuff happens too

Don't know what will happen to Jason.

I think they should go with Braniac manipulating Lex and helping him create Metallo for Supes to fight in this sequel. In the 3rd film Braniac would battle Supes....and he would create Doomsday for the final climactic battle. Unfortunately IMO.....Jason should probably be killed either in this 2nd film or most likely in the 3rd film.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:52 PM   #32
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorstone
Brainiac wouldn't be able to control him-- and I'd cringe to hear the name, "Brainiac" come out of any actor's mouth.

Luthor will inevitably be in the movie, but what if Zod were there as well.

Zod = Khan
Doomsday = Genesis
Superman's son = Kirk's son
Why not have Brianiac be a construct designed for human defense. LOL...this is right out of JLU, but he doesn't have to be an entity out on his own pursuits. He could control him if he knew what made him tick.

I guess the thing I want to see is Supes fighting with someone who wants to kill him. I want to see him go toe-to-toe. Yet, anyone stupid enough to go toe-to-toe with Superman needs someone else in charge.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:56 PM   #33
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburgeruk
I would prefer though if the character was coerced into coming to earth and attacking supes. I think the whole henchman role or mind control doomsday would make him seem less threatening.

Have that he isn`t following orders he is simply (without him knowing) moved into the correct place to come into contact with supes by the main villain.
How would that happen though? I mean, judging by SR the only alien contact made has been from Superman. I just can't see an alien capable of fighting Superman coming to earth and being subservient to anyone not on their power level, which is why I think Brainiac is the perfect leader in this circumstance because he is smarter.

I mean the question when it comes to a Superman villian is who is stupid enough, willing enough, or crazy enough to go toe-to-toe. So, IMO I think it would have to be a mindless robot set on nothing but destruction...following someone else's orders.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:03 AM   #34
Speedball
Don't. Blink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentok
New Villian....

THERE'S my Lex Luthor.
I hate that man. I hate him with a passion. Not because he's rich, but because his ego is about a big as the Empire State Building.

Speedball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #35
romeogbs19
Side-Kick

I don't think it'll be Doomsday -- esp. since Warners is making an animated movie using Doomsday and the Death of Superman storyline. It would seem repetitive if not pointless since the only reason you'd use Doomsday woud be to incorporate the death/rebirth element. I don't mind seeing Bizarro (though Braniac is prob. the best first option); I do think using an entirely new character wouldn't be out of the question, however ...

romeogbs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #36
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

They could being doing DoS to re-introduce Doomsie.

I would say outside the comic/fanboy(girl) sect, most don't know who Doomsday is. So, if he's in the cartoon and the movie it shouldn't be that big a deal.

I don't know though, but out of all Supes main villians Doomsie always gets the shaft because no one wants to look beyond the plot device...lol

Old 11-21-2006, 09:24 PM   #37
GreenKToo
In the fire

I agree...just because its Doomsday it doesnt mean we have to have the ''death of'' story.
Quote:

I would say outside the comic/fanboy(girl) sect, most don't know who Doomsday is. So, if he's in the cartoon and the movie it shouldn't be that big a deal.

I don't know though, but out of all Supes main villians Doomsie always gets the shaft because no one wants to look beyond the plot device...lol

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:33 PM   #38
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

I don't want Doomsday in SMINO 2.

And besides, he's in the Bruce Timm death of superman movie so they probably won't want to go with the same villain from that new movie.

They'll use Jason as the villain and he'll be like the omen child or some crap.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #39
GreenKToo
In the fire

lots and lots of people will never see the timm movie that will see the sequel,so I dont think it would hurt at all to have Doomsday in the ''Man of steel''....Actually I would really prefer Darkseid over Doomsday,but as long as Zod is not the main villian i'm happy.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #40
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesyeed
I don't want Doomsday in SMINO 2.

And besides, he's in the Bruce Timm death of superman movie so they probably won't want to go with the same villain from that new movie.

They'll use Jason as the villain and he'll be like the omen child or some crap.
ohhh come one. i thought we use INO only for catwoman.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:51 PM   #41
Jimmy, GL
Wants a GL movie

I don't want to see Doomsday in any Superman movie. They kinda already did the "Superman's dead" thing in SR. Superman fell from the sky and was out like a light for about 3 days. Repetition is bad but then again it seems like that's Singer's style with these movies. (Lex and his land scheme. It should have been oil )

Jimmy, GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:42 PM   #42
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy, GL
I don't want to see Doomsday in any Superman movie. They kinda already did the "Superman's dead" thing in SR. Superman fell from the sky and was out like a light for about 3 days. Repetition is bad but then again it seems like that's Singer's style with these movies. (Lex and his land scheme. It should have been oil )
I wouldn't mind seeing Doomsday fighting Superman if they both beat each other to death and STAYED DEAD (no more overblown messianic references, please). That would create the perfect excuse to bring Jason out of hiding - which is where he should be for the next two pictures, now that Lex knows who his real father is and that the kid won't be really super-powered until puberty hits. By the time that happens, Jason would be about 17 or 18.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:15 AM   #43
darthlaney
Kryptonian Son

Superman Returns 3, after they get rid of the crappy Brainiac (I'll destroy you with my intellect) story that everyone wants and decide they need villians that can actually stand up to Superman on a physical level to please todays movie audiences (the main reason many didn't like SR, it was far to intellectual for the American audience, also a reason it did much better Internationally).

I would favour the Doomsday origin story from the comics, genetically engineered by Kryptonian science over a number of years, being born and killed over and over again until they create the unstoppable version we now know, to be the ultimate survivor or a tool for their exploration of the universe. When he gets out of control on Krypton, they (maybe Jor-El) send him into the Phantom Zone to get rid of him.

Darkseid discovers this and breaks him out. Doomsday is manipulated by Darkseid, becoming a weapon of mass destruction aimed directly at Earth and eventually Superman.

Last edited by darthlaney; 11-23-2006 at 02:19 AM.
darthlaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:50 AM   #44
Jimmy, GL
Wants a GL movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaney
Superman Returns 3, after they get rid of the crappy Brainiac (I'll destroy you with my intellect) story that everyone wants and decide they need villians that can actually stand up to Superman on a physical level to please todays movie audiences (the main reason many didn't like SR, it was far to intellectual for the American audience, also a reason it did much better Internationally).

I would favour the Doomsday origin story from the comics, genetically engineered by Kryptonian science over a number of years, being born and killed over and over again until they create the unstoppable version we now know, to be the ultimate survivor or a tool for their exploration of the universe. When he gets out of control on Krypton, they (maybe Jor-El) send him into the Phantom Zone to get rid of him.

Darkseid discovers this and breaks him out. Doomsday is manipulated by Darkseid, becoming a weapon of mass destruction aimed directly at Earth and eventually Superman.
Why would they use that Braniac story? I think they'd go with the giant supercomputer taking over all other technology and controlling the world story. That would be a much better story. This would be stemming from th TAS version of Superman of course. If they used that version Braniac would be able to stand up to Supe's.

Jimmy, GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:51 PM   #45
romeogbs19
Side-Kick

Quote:

You know, after you said that, it makes a WHOLE lot more sense to use Doomsday. It would be a GREAT marketing vehicle for WB if they use Doomsday in the movie and have him for a DVD -- it could be a double whammy in many ways. Sure, the DVD is supposed to come out next year, but they could delay it or hype it again like crazy when the movie hits -- it'd be a nice way to cash in, so maybe Doomsday is the best fit ... besides, it terms of a recognizable villain from the Superman universe that can put up a solid PHYSICAL fight --he's really the ONLY one.

After SR and Lex -- I for one don't want another brains vs. brawn setup.

romeogbs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #46
darthlaney
Kryptonian Son

Unhappy Re: If it were Doomsday-- how would you want him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy, GL
Why would they use that Braniac story? I think they'd go with the giant supercomputer taking over all other technology and controlling the world story. That would be a much better story. This would be stemming from th TAS version of Superman of course. If they used that version Braniac would be able to stand up to Supe's.

This sounds great, they should put Richard Prior in it too. They could call it Superman 3 and have Clark Kent fight an evil version of Superman for his soul. They could then make a sequel to it and have Superman fight a Nuclear powered clone.

C'mon man, we want something new.

Last edited by darthlaney; 11-23-2006 at 06:48 PM.
darthlaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:31 PM   #47
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b
ohhh come one. i thought we use INO only for catwoman.
LOL, well maybe if lex wasn't so terribly written and there was no superboy I'd be more lenient, but no I can't give a free pass. Every thing about me as a superman fan won't allow me to.

Last edited by The Kid; 11-23-2006 at 07:33 PM.
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:22 AM   #48
Robin91939
Master Tim

-R

Old 11-24-2006, 09:16 AM   #49
GreenKToo
In the fire

it could be awesome if done right.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #50
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburgeruk
Like juggernaut doomsday could work as the primary villain. As long as the plot is solely about this thunderous unstopable thing that is inevitably gonna kill supes. You have the majority of the plot with doomsday crossing the continent slowly getting closer to supes and then in the last 45 mins he touches down in metropolis and the fight IS ON!
diddo, just like in the DOS book.

First half is all about the police, then military, then the JLA getting their asses handed to them, intercut with Superman explaining why he is the way he is, and why he is who he is in tV interview with the highschool students.

Then things really start to happen as Doomsday gets closer and closer to mmmmtrrrppplssss (to watch wrestling, just like in the comic book), then the last 45 mins should be Supes vs. Doomsday from suburban Metropolis, right to the foot of the daily planet. Buildings better topple, windows shatter, gas mains explode. The city should be decimated by the end, and the final blow should be titanic.

DD should have no motivation what so ever. He should be a mindless beast of death and destruction, kind of like an evil King Kong. And narrative wise, this should balance off with Superman's TV interview, and his relationship with Lois, as they both realize that Supes will not be walking away from this fight.