No. You can only play them on your Wii.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #102
Lackey
Me

Default Re: Virtual Console Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bruce
Can you put your Virtual Console games on a SD card and run the games from the card?

You can put them on an SD card, but you can't run them from there.

If you copy a console game to an SD card and then delete it from the Wii memory, you won't be able to play the game again until you copy the game back to the Wii memory. Kinda sucks, I hope Nintendo comes out with some firmware updates to smooth over all these little annoyances.

Also, if you copy a game to an SD card and then take it to another Wii, it won't play unless that person has downloaded the same game once before.

Lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #103
DACrowe
Side-Kick

What are the Wii lists everyone has for VC?

I have Super Mario Bros. (can't stop playing it), Street Fighter II (have to try it out) and Sonic the Hedgehog. I still need Super Mario World and Duck Hunt whenever those get out. I'll also wait patiently for Super Mario Bros. 3, A Link to the past, Star Fox SNES, Mario Kart SNES and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (by far the best in the Sonic series).

I still wonder why so many of those games haven't been comissioned for virtual console yet?

Is anyone downloading N64 games? I would, but fortunately I still have my N64 so I can play the greatest hits with the original controller, but even so putting Super Mario 64 on my Wii is looking very tempting (albeit I don't want to have to buy a classic controller though).

DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #104
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I have DK, F-Zero, and Baseball.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #105
Future Prez
Side-Kick

I have DK, Sim City and the Legend of Zelda. I also feel that if I paid for something, I should be able to play it wherever I feel like it. That includes my Wii game files. Whether it be my future purchase of SSB on VC or my Brawl file, I should be able to take my gaming to go, especially onto other Wiis.

If I'm mistaken, please alert me, as this is a issue which I really care about.

"Jeter is playing golf today. This is better!"-Red Sox Parade

Future Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:21 PM   #106
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Nintendo does it so people aren't sharing games.

I wish you could return VC games within 3-5 days or something. Or maybe pay 50 pts. to "rent" it.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:32 PM   #107
Future Prez
Side-Kick

Well, I can understand that concern, but I'd still like an option for bringing my file of a game over my friend's house. If I unlock characters before he does in Brawl, we'll wanna use the new ones w/o having to bring the system. Some may call me lazy as the system is so tiny, but I consider it a matter of convience.

"Jeter is playing golf today. This is better!"-Red Sox Parade

Future Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:15 PM   #108
CantThinkOfAName
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker
er...I've never said anything against the Wii, other than the name is stupid (which I still hold to be true)...I owned a Gamecube too...I thought the DS was stupid at first till I actually used one and have freely admitted I was proven wrong on it too...the only time I can ever recall insulting nintendo on a whole was way back in the genesis vs snes days, as I was always a Sega type of guy, but history has proven who was right on that front as well...so all in all, you need to settle the hell down
The DS hate alone is enough warrant my anger

Old 01-04-2007, 11:17 PM   #109
CantThinkOfAName
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Prez
Well, I can understand that concern, but I'd still like an option for bringing my file of a game over my friend's house. If I unlock characters before he does in Brawl, we'll wanna use the new ones w/o having to bring the system. Some may call me lazy as the system is so tiny, but I consider it a matter of convience.
They're talking about Virtual Console games. You can't take those games to a friends house, you can only play those on your own Wii. The Actual Wii games can be copied onto an SD card and played on others' consoles.

I can understand not allowing the VC games to be copied, otherwise they wouldnt make much money. But the limited space on the Wii itself worries me about how many games i can get. It sounds extremely annoying that Id have to keep on deleting and copying and downloading games over and over, even if you don't have to pay for them again. The limit is making me more cautious on how many VC games I'd get, so I hope Nintendo does something about it to make it more convenient.

Last edited by CantThinkOfAName; 01-04-2007 at 11:20 PM.
CantThinkOfAName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:08 AM   #110
CantThinkOfAName
Side-Kick

You know Im hoping eventually Sega will put out Sega Saturn games cuz that would definitely rock

Old 01-05-2007, 01:14 AM   #111
GekigangerV
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantThinkOfAName
You know Im hoping eventually Sega will put out Sega Saturn games cuz that would definitely rock
Although I would like to see that too isn't there only 512mb internal memory on the Wii? So just a couple of those games would pass that limit. Unless there is an external memory add on later I doubt we will see Saturn games on the Wii. I always wanted to play Panzer Dragoon SAGA in English since my Japanese isn't too great I feel I am not getting the most out of the Japanese version my brother bought me.

On a slightly related note, I would like to get some SEGA CD downloads since I always wanted to get Final Fight CD.

GekigangerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:49 AM   #112
jaydawg
Side-Kick

I can't believe you still have that quote.

Anyways, the only game I have so far is Gunstar Heroes, which is pretty much the highlight of the VC, a game I missed and have the chance to try again. Doesn't hurt that its the most highly rated game on the VC too.

I was thinking of downloading SFII, but for some reason, there aren't any reviews on it yet, so I'm a bit wary of dling it. Super Mario and Mario 64 was on my mind too, but since I already have the GB Deluxe version, and all-star on my comp, I'm not doing it yet. $5 is a small price to pay though. Other than that, I didnt get Mario 64 in the N64 days, but I never cared for it the few times I did play it.

As for what I'm waiting for, Mario Kart 64 tops the list. I had the Diddy Kong Racing alternate back in the day instead, but all the parties involved multiplayer MK and for good reason. I still say its the high point of the series. Other than that, of the planned titles, Vector Man and Ocarina will get spots on my wii. I really hope Goldeneye, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Comix Zone and Sin and Punishment make the list. Having some Saturn titles for download would kick ass too.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:29 AM   #113
DACrowe
Side-Kick

I've played the Street Fighter game. I think it is all right and good for two guys just reliving the good ol' days one on one. Unfortunately it is not the deluxe version. The differences are that this version is missing some characters like Sagat, Vega, CAmmy and most importantly M. Bison. It is the original version but the later version were better. With that considered I'm not sure it was worth 8 bucks but I am not crying over it or anything though.

DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:09 AM   #114
Joker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantThinkOfAName
The DS hate alone is enough warrant my anger
I took it all back

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #115
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

I refuse to buy the Street Fighter II available when you know it's just a matter of time when they give you the opportunity to download Super Street Fighter II which was the high point of the SF2 games.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #116
jaydawg
Side-Kick

True. I would jizz myself if they released SF Alpha. It actually was a SNES title.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #117
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Ok, I'm at work, so whoever gets a chance please post what is added today.

*Crosses fingers for Super Mario World.*

Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #118
GekigangerV
Side-Kick

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=10917

Soldier Blade, Dungeon Explorer and Gradius this week.

Looks like nothing for me this time either.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #119
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Gradius is a great game though.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #120
jaydawg
Side-Kick

When the **** are they going to release Mario Kart 64!???!?!?!?

Old 01-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #121
Joker
Banned User

nothing this week

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #122
GekigangerV
Side-Kick

http://wii.ign.com/articles/753/753583p1.html

Some SEGA games that will be coming out this quarter.

Streets of Rage, Bio-Hazard Battle, Gain Ground, Comix Zone, and Bonanza Bros

Hurray for Streets of Rage and Comix Zone!

Old 01-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #123
jaydawg
Side-Kick

COMIX ZONE!!!! Sweet Jesus! Man, Wario Ware, Lost Planet, Comix Zone..... good stuff happening Q1 07.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:28 AM   #124
Galactus
Devourer of Worlds

Ocarina of Time one of 36 games coming to VC in Q1
Tuesday 9-Jan-2007 10:08 AM Mario Kart 64, Street Fighter II and Super Mario World also among the line-up
Within the next two months, you will be able to download some of the best Nintendo games ever made onto your Wii, including Super Mario World and Ocarina of Time, Nintendo has revealed.

Releases have been reasonably slow on the Virtual Console so far but things look like they'll be much better in coming weeks, with Nintendo promising 36 games to arrive by the end of March.

20 Nintendo titles on the way will include the aforementioned titles, along with Super Street Fighter II: World Warrior and Super Probotector on the Super NES.

The Mega Drive section will get nine new games, including Streets of Rage, Bio-Hazard Battle, Bonanza Bros. and Comic Zone.

And Soldier Blade, Double Dungeons and New Adventure Island are three of the seven games promised from the Turbografix.

It seems we'll finally be given some proper classics to play (Super Mario Bros. 1 is great but a tad aged now) and with many of you guys expressing concerns of a possible games droubt in the CVG Comments forums, the VC will serve as a nostalgic gap filler.

Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:29 AM   #125
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Kart 64, Super Mario World, and Super Street Fighter 2!!!!

WOOHOO!