The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 11-25-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
ervann
Super Deformin'

Default How would you do Darkseid for this Superman movie franchise?

It's generally agreed that Darkseid's universe is too big to be introduced into a sequel, although as far as menace goes it doesn't really get bigger than him. And he can provide the kind of earth-or-nothing ordeal that only Superman can overcome - a great way to finish the trilogy.

So the question is how do you do or re-do Darkseid to suit this current Superman movie franchise?

ervann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: How would you do Darkseid for this Superman movie franchise?

Simple: You don't. If Darkseid is ever in a movie, it should be a Fourth World movie. Superman is beneath him.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Default Re: How would you do Darkseid for this Superman movie franchise?

I'd wait till a Justice League movie before bringing in Darkseid.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
Kebab gud
Side-Kick

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...1#post10674771 <-- my movie idead with darkseid...

Kebab gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:53 AM   #5
Billy Batson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochimus

SHAZAM!

Billy Batson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #6
thegameq
Side-Kick

Anything that involves Darkseid would have to be huge and epic. Essentially the story should span at least two films. Frankly, I don't see it happening.

Hollywood has got the hots for these films, but when they get the projected costs of SFX they balk about the costs as if they thought they were making a documentary. If they balked at the cost of the Phoenix Saga and are probably going to balk at the cost of truely including Galactus in FF2, I highly doubt a full blown invasion, Darkseid Saga will ever take place. Also, something on that scale would involve other heroes from the DC Universe.

thegameq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #7
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

My idea has Darkseid getting his hands on NKI, creating Braniac and Superman luckily geting them caught in the phantom zone. However they break free with Zod and co as well, leading to a Batman/Superman movie.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:12 PM   #8
Damiean Dark
Banned User

Never gonna happen.

Damiean Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:04 PM   #9
Victarion
Dolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Simple: You don't. If Darkseid is ever in a movie, it should be a Fourth World movie. Superman is beneath him.
What are the odds of a Fourth World/JLA flick? JLA would be corny on the big screen.

The way you do a villain with as much omnipotence as Darkseid in Superman is simple:

Have seeds of Darkseid in MOS, and fullblown Apokoliptkiss in SR3.

-Morzan

Last edited by Victarion; 01-24-2007 at 08:05 PM. Reason: vulgarity
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:11 AM   #10
redcaped
Side-Kick

Even the world of Darkseid suffered from this cosmic behaviour. We have the people of Earth, Mr. Mxy's team, Darkseid's empire, Kryptonians, Lex's plans, but nature is key.

Last edited by redcaped; 03-18-2007 at 05:48 AM.
redcaped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #11
thorstone
Side-Kick

If you do Darkseid-- then Justice League characters are going to show up in the film anyways so it might as well be the start of a JL trilogy.

I don't want him done in CGI-- he could be CGI enhanced with molten insides glowing through his eyes and mouth but I'd prefer they put someone big (who can act) in a suit for this one.

What would you think if New Krypton became Apocalypse and Darkseid were born from Superman's spilled blood? Would you accept that kind of major change?

Personally-- if they were going to use New Krypton to birth a character, I'd prefer it be Doomsday (so not to bastardize Darkseid's origins). I think if Darkseid is coming to Earth-- he should use the throne of Metron as his divine chariot.

thorstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #12
thorstone
Side-Kick

If you do Darkseid-- then Justice League characters are going to show up in the film anyways so it might as well be the start of a JL trilogy.

I don't want him done in CGI-- he could be CGI enhanced with molten insides glowing through his eyes and mouth but I'd prefer they put someone big (who can act) in a suit for this one.

What would you think if New Krypton became Apocalypse and Darkseid were born from Superman's spilled blood? Would you accept that kind of major change?

Personally-- if they were going to use New Krypton to birth a character, I'd prefer it be Doomsday (so not to bastardize Darkseid's origins). I think if Darkseid is coming to Earth-- he should use the throne of Metron as his divine chariot.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #13
thorstone
Side-Kick

I don't want him done in CGI-- he could be CGI enhanced with molten insides glowing through his eyes and mouth but I'd prefer they put someone big (who can act) in a suit for this one. Ron

Old 03-18-2007, 07:57 PM   #14
thorstone
Side-Kick

I don't want him done in CGI-- he could be CGI enhanced with molten insides glowing through his eyes and mouth but I'd prefer they put someone in a suit for this one. Ron Pearlman perhaps.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:10 AM   #15
ervann
Super Deformin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorstone View Post

You just answered yourself

ervann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #16
GreenKToo
In the fire

I would love to see Darkseid at some point, but I doubt it happens anytime soon. I think Brainiac will be the villain in the M.O.S. and a couple of years after that we will (hopefully) get to see Darkseid in the J.L.A. film

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:39 PM   #17
redcaped
Side-Kick

The Superman from animated series and JL comic series is being reduced in power to a 40%. JLAssembled should only have a guest appearance in one \S/equel because Earth is too small for this team. I would have this proclaimed character we're talking about concerned most of all with a quest that will drastically change him.

Last edited by redcaped; 03-20-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:21 AM   #18
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I was gonna say the same thing. You don't. At least not for the sequel. Only difference. I say do it on a 3rd movie as 4 may not even happen in the age of trilogies.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #19
redcaped
Side-Kick

Press pause after the cigar is dropped, that's how his eyes shoud be in a movie.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #20
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I don't think he could be done for this franchise, he is far too outrageous. If g-d forbid Singer did put him in one of his Superman movies he would be bastardized to the point of no return.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 04-18-2007 at 11:41 AM.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:05 PM   #21
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Maybe in the third film a deal is made between Doomsday and Darkseid, introduce Parasite who at first is an enemy for Supes but for the good of Earth takes power from one of the baddies freeign Superman to whoop the other one

Old 04-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #22
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I think there is only one way to do Darkseid, and that is practically to do it EXACTLY the same as the comics. It would have to be a two movie set up though, and i think Michael Clark Duncan in a suit would be perfect.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:30 PM   #23
Victarion
Dolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochimus View Post
Not necessarily. You could still use the alien invaders from the very first TAS episode that the Martian Manhunter came to earth to warn the heroes of.

Darkseid would be awesome on so many levels, and a fitting conclusion to the trilogy, ala Venom with Spider-Man 3. Plus, having Supes called Braniac "Braniac" kinda sounds stupid. Darkseid, on the other hand, has a nice ring to it.

Not that I'm against Braniac for a villain, its just the way the name sounds when spoken.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:29 PM   #24
darkseid26
Banned User

i'd wait for a jl film for darkseid but i think that may take a few years

but i'm all for darkseid he is awseome,

i would like to see him on film!

darkseid26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:13 PM   #25
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

How would I do Darkseid for a Superman sequel? Easy! I'd color him yellow and pronounce his name "Mongul."

Because that's exactly the character you'd end up with if you powered him down enough for his character to fit within a 2 1/2 hour movie and still have room for Superman's cast; plus bringing him down to a level of power that Superman can overcome at the climax (ala the way he's shown in the more recent comics and the cartoons).