The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > The Comics

Old 12-04-2006, 07:31 AM   #1
IronMan_2005
Banned User

Angry Looks what they might do to Tony Stark *spoilers*

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFrida...Fridays24.html

Quote:
NRAMA: MVS – Most Valuable Star/Character?
JQ: Without a question, Iron Man. Tony is now the most interesting character in the Marvel U to me. With al of the Civil War titles and his handling at the hands of the Knaufs, Tony Stark’s comic book star is on the rise! It’s a shame he’s going to d—whoa, almost blew that one out of the water.
I'm going to be very pissed if they do kill him off, infact I'm going to boycott everything Marvel, including comics, movies, videogames, etc.
Marvel is going to lose a fan if they pull a stupid stunt like that.

IronMan_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:34 AM   #2
Morg
Hayden addict
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Looks what they might do to Tony Stark *spoilers*

Don't post possible spoilers in titles

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:11 AM   #3
Ironman24
Golden Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan_2005

I'm going to be very pissed if they do kill him off, infact I'm going to boycott everything Marvel, including comics, movies, videogames, etc.

There's been rumors that they were going to kill Stark off since Civil War started, Stark even saying he wouldn't survive Civil War, I hope they don't kill him off, but so many fans want Tony Stark killed, Marvel may do it.

Ironman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
tetra1

They should kill Tony and have Steve Rogers take over as Iron Man.

Just to watch all the Cap fanboys and Iron Man haters go insane.

Last edited by tetra1; 12-04-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
Genixx
Side-Kick

if they kill him it will probably be cuz he is an evil clone. i doubt they will kill such a major player in the marvel world.

Genixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
deathshead2
Side-Kick

I rather see spider-man die then IM.

deathshead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
Lord Blackbolt
Side-Kick

he's got a movie coming.....if he does die...you can expect Marvel to bring him back anyway just in time for the movie

Old 12-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #8
ssj wolverine
Plenty have tried pal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathshead2
I rather see spider-man die then IM.
You have got to be kidding me. You would rather see the face of Marvel Spiderman die then a loser like Iron Man?

Old 12-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #9
deathshead2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj wolverine
You have got to be kidding me. You would rather see the face of Marvel Spiderman die then a loser like Iron Man?
well people have to understand besides for his old tv show on fox I pretty much hate spider-man everywhere else. Well that and Iron man was the first comic I ever got so he is my fave hero. Oh and to finish I hate spider-man 2 more than batman and robin. SM2 sucks.

deathshead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:51 AM   #10
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

maybe the writers wil have him be clinically dead then revived that would cover it

Old 12-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #11
samurai black
Mighty Dark Avenger

When i read the preview for Mighty Avengers, i was thinking that wasn't stark underneath the armor. maybe he doesn't die, but does get severley injured. I'm not a huge fan of IM,but wouldn't want to see him die off after a strong presence in the MU this past year. Maybe it will be a fake death and he'll become the head of shield.

"I've been up in the office, you might know him as Clark. But just when you thought the whole world fell apart. I take off the blazer, loosen up the tie. Step inside the booth, Superman is alive."- Jay-Z: Kingdom Come
samurai black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:32 PM   #12
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai black
When i read the preview for Mighty Avengers, i was thinking that wasn't stark underneath the armor. maybe he doesn't die, but does get severley injured. I'm not a huge fan of IM,but wouldn't want to see him die off after a strong presence in the MU this past year. Maybe it will be a fake death and he'll become the head of shield.
hmmm
that sounds like a possible storyline

Old 12-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #13
Ironman24
Golden Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj wolverine
Why is Iron Man a loser? He's one of the most influential hero's in the Marvel universe, I don't go around slamming Spider Man or the Fantastic Four because I'm not a fan, Iron Man is at the height of his popularity, with a animated movie and animated series, action figures, and a movie thats shaping up to be a great film.
All I ask is think for you speak and remember Iron Man has loyal fans just like Spider man and any other comic hero, please show a little respect to them, you wouldn't like it if I went over to the Spider Man boards and called him names.

Ironman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:41 AM   #14
Caliber
Side-Kick

Iron Man proably won't die. Tony might just give up his suit and try to avoid fighting as Shields director.

The very meaningless of life forces man to to create his own meaning- Stanley Kubrick

Avvy by Hunter Rider
Caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:49 AM   #15
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

D- could mean anything. Like denounce the Iron Man name, destroy the super hero registrations after a change of heart, date men, etc.

Don't be JQ stupid ideas.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:29 PM   #16
ROB
Side-Kick

Wink Re: Looks what they might do to Tony Stark *spoilers*

yeah i agree kevin probly meant to say that so we would all asume the worst. I beat hes laughing his ass off now

ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:26 PM   #17
wolvie2020
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan_2005

There is no way in hell that they'd kill Stark. Especially when Robert Downey Jr. has just been cast to play him in the new film. AND Quesada has talked about how great it is. Quesada's into money, and to kill Stark before the movie comes out will only lose sales as new readers will be totally confused.

In fact, I thought that this thread would be about the OBVIOUS question that Marvel are throwing to people right now... Will Stark be head of SHIELD when this is all over... And OUT of the Iron Man suit? I think that he'll be head of SHIELD, but I think that he'll still be IM. Even if he gives it to someone else, I think that he'll be back in it after a short while.

Check out my officially licensed Pop Culture Clothing & Art!
www.urbanspecies.co.uk
wolvie2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #18
Lt. Figgnuts
Back...from the graaaave!

Firstly, my first impression is that's a red herring. I mean, Joe Q may make some dumb decisions regarding the characters, but the guy is not the kind of idiot that's going to ruin what would probably be CW #7's biggest twists.

Does that mean Iron Man won't die? Not necessarily. The whole "Tony Stark as SHIELD director" has been pretty heavily foreshadowed, so at this point I wouldn't be suprised to see that happen (although I'm sure there's probably already an actual SHIELD exec that's more qualified for the position, but oh well).

My thoughts are that Tony Stark won't be Iron Man, at least temporarily, after the end of Civil War. That might mean death, but that means they have to figure out how to resurrect him in time for the movie (because he's got to be back in the armor in time for the flick, see?). That suggests to me that maybe he'll retire (either to do the SHIELD thing or just in general), or as someone else said, he'll be injured/incapacitated (a la Bruce Wayne).

He may not be wearing the armor by next March, but I doubt it'll be 'cause he's in the grave.

Lt. Figgnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #19
The Geek Vault
Come at me bro

I heard that it is stated by Wizard that Stark will be in the suit. Maybe he'll be stuck in the iron man suit? "My power has cursed me"

Old 01-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #20
atreestump
deflowerer of your child:

Well whatever happens I don't care tony is not a very close guy to me. idk it's probably just me but he never seemed that important to me that is all

atreestump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:18 PM   #21
kguillou
Side-Kick

the thing is all signs are pointed towards Tony's death. I would be convinced myself if there wasnt the iron man movie and dvd coming out. Thats bad promotion to kill of your character wen his movie comes out right? So im not so sure Marvel's gonna kill him. Maybe he'll be crippled??

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #22
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
the thing is all signs are pointed towards Tony's death. I would be convinced myself if there wasnt the iron man movie and dvd coming out. Thats bad promotion to kill of your character wen his movie comes out right? So im not so sure Marvel's gonna kill him. Maybe he'll be crippled??
maybe so the reason he needed armor at all is because he IS CRIPPLEDin the first place the extremis storyline negate that part of shellheads character somthey have to fix that

Old 01-27-2007, 09:56 PM   #23
Majestic_Lizard

Ironman will probably get killed, but one of his suits (which recently became self -aware) will take his place.

The Civil War storyline is simply a gimick to sell books. Most of the characters have been acting out of character in it. Reed Richards would not make a clone of someone and then give the clone a labotomy. Ironman wouldn't attempt to corrupt the US Constitution. Spider-man would not be dumb enough to go along with it.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:09 AM   #24
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic_Lizard View Post

The Civil War storyline is simply a gimick to sell books. Most of the characters have been acting out of character in it. Reed Richards would not make a clone of someone and then give the clone a labotomy. Ironman wouldn't attempt to corrupt the US Constitution. Spider-man would not be dumb enough to go along with it.
amen to that like i've asked before if mark millar dosen't like writing about american super heroes why work for marvel in the first place?

Old 01-30-2007, 06:47 PM   #25
Maxinsc
Side-Kick

I hope Iron man will be okay

Maxinsc is offline   Reply With Quote