The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 02-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #276
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
And speaking of X1 and friendship, hell, you hardly get the vibe that Scott and 'Ro talk outside of missions. And what the hell was up with 'Ro essentially GIGGLING at the love triangle thingy in X2?
Maybe Storm figured it really won't matter much, since both chars will be dead soon anyways

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:19 PM   #277
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

Now that I think about it Scott had one line to Storm, and that was..."Storm, fry 'em." No wonder why they didn't talk.

Ironically the one scene they had together was completely silent.

I wanted to see a bro/sis'esque something out of them. We almost had something showing their relationship at the train station but was deleted.

I still say that they had it in for those two. If Singer had his way, I highly doubt that Scott would have been fully redeemed, seeing as how no writers no the director could relate to him, and Storm would been immediately written of to be in Africa. (Doing what, I have no idea because she has no family and no reason to be there...) Either way, one or the other would have gotten totally...what was the word that Logan used...oh yea DICKED.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Goddessreicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #278
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''

Non of them acted like a group of people who had been living together as a family...All of them seemed either using or trying to off each other.
Maybe it's the new definition of "one big happy family".

Resolue, dumb, uncomplaining, a man in a world of men.

Last edited by UraniaChang; 02-05-2007 at 07:51 PM.
UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #279
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessreicho View Post
I still say that they had it in for those two. If Singer had his way, I highly doubt that Scott would have been fully redeemed, seeing as how no writers no the director could relate to him, and Storm would been immediately written of to be in Africa. (Doing what, I have no idea because she has no family and no reason to be there...) Either way, one or the other would have gotten totally...what was the word that Logan used...oh yea DICKED.
Well, what would have been the point to have Logan around had they been portrayed as efficients leaders/fighters?

There IS a reason Beast wasn't in the movieverse original team.

X4 parody done X3 style: Hellfire's Wrath - The Epic Stand!!!

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...hellfire+wrath
DarthCyclopsRLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #280
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraniaChang View Post
Non of them acted like a group of people who had been living together as a family...All of them seemed either using or trying to off each other.
Maybe it's the new definition of "one big happily family".
Not that far-fetched from a typical modern new-age family. Everyone sits in their rooms watching their own TV's. Then runs downstairs to scoop up food from pots and the microwave, snear or take pot-shots at each other, and run back upstairs. And if they need each other they use the intercom, or better yet! They SMS each other.

But yes. For a group of people who have lived together and grew up together, I agree there wasn't enough of it shown. Especially not in X3 where it would have mattered the most. No wonder they didn't seem to care much that important members of the family were dying. Heck, even Storm was more concerned at comforting Logan because he was SAAAAD instead of being herself distraught at the idea that Xavier was apparently turned into mush.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #281
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, what would have been the point to have Logan around had they been portrayed as efficients leaders/fighters?
At least then it would give Logan a real reason to not want to stick around: they're good at what they do, he's a thorn in their side and he doesn't fit in. So away he goes riding off into the sunset until the next big crisis situation. Whereas in the movies Wolverine acts as if without him the X-men would all be chalkmarks on the pavement by now, and considering how the 3 of them got their asses kicked by Toad he appears right in thinking so.

Quote:
There IS a reason Beast wasn't in the movieverse original team.
Agreed. But even in X3 he still didn't do much. He certainly didn't use his scientist side. I was hoping that if there was something wrong with the cure or an unexpected side effect we'd get a shot of Beast in his lab, suddenly stepping back as he discovers a shocking revelation. Or as regards Jean's problems he'd be one of the people to help figure out what's wrong with her and what can be done about her. Instead, he's a great chars but when it comes to contributing to the team he's just another ground-pounder helping to bash heads together.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #282
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntcrawler View Post
Whereas in the movies Wolverine acts as if without him the X-men would all be chalkmarks on the pavement by now, and considering how the 3 of them got their asses kicked by Toad he appears right in thinking so.
That didn't happen, that didn't happen!!!! *drops to a crouch and start muttering incoherently while rocking back and forth*

You know what the funniest part is? In the novel, Cyke picks himself right up and MISSES Toad.

Apparently, every writer forget that the guy can keep his hand on the f****n trigger. Not to mention the secondary of his mutation which pretty much ensure he almost never misses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntcrawler
Agreed. But even in X3 he still didn't do much. He certainly didn't use his scientist side. I was hoping that if there was something wrong with the cure or an unexpected side effect we'd get a shot of Beast in his lab, suddenly stepping back as he discovers a shocking revelation. Or as regards Jean's problems he'd be one of the people to help figure out what's wrong with her and what can be done about her. Instead, he's a great chars but when it comes to contributing to the team he's just another ground-pounder helping to bash heads together.
Screenwriting 101 Lesson 1:

Science isn't EPIC OMG ROXOR!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, helping would've totally destroyed her arc. Can't figure out for the life out of me what said arc was, but what the hell...

And with that, I'm done with that Linear Algebra tedious homework. That'll pretty much be the last of the x3-bashing for tonight.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:27 PM   #283
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Apparently, every writer forget that the guy can keep his hand on the f****n trigger. Not to mention the secondary of his mutation which pretty much ensure he almost never misses...
Nevermind his uncanny ability to track targets and do trajectory calculations faster than any targetting computer. It comes down to something much more basic. To quote a line from a funny parody of Mazinger Z that I saw recently:

"HOW CAN YOU MISS WITH EYE BEAMS???

Quote:
Screenwriting 101 Lesson 1:

Science isn't EPIC OMG ROXOR!!!!!!!!!!!
What are you trying to say? Brains aren't sexy?

Quote:
Besides, helping would've totally destroyed her arc. Can't figure out for the life out of me what said arc was, but what the hell...
Her destiny, aka corporate business strategy is to DIE. So's Scott's. Everything else is designed to conveniently transport them to that point on a proverbial conveyor belt. Notice how there are few attempts, if any to save them, and the ones that are used are half-assed and fail miserably.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:22 AM   #284
PhePhe112
Side-Kick

yay! welcome back ntcrawler!

(female hype member)

\||/
/||\
PhePhe112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:37 AM   #285
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nevermind his uncanny ability to track targets and do trajectory calculations faster than any targetting computer. It comes down to something much more basic. To quote a line from a funny parody of Mazinger Z that I saw recently:

"HOW CAN YOU MISS WITH EYE BEAMS???
Well, to be fair, try hitting a baseball thrown your way by a major league pitcher with ONE beam. You wouldn't pull it off. I wouldn't pull it off.

But yeah, it's kinda funny to have a guy that - according to canon - can almost hit Quicksilver only to miss grown-ups that, huh... move around. Kinda quickly.

Quote:
What are you trying to say? Brains aren't sexy?
They can most certainly be. They just won't save the day in a comic book movie when there's brawns around.

Quote:
Her destiny, aka corporate business strategy is to DIE.
I still don't get how they managed to NOT fit the 'I burn away what doesn't work' line or at least something of the sort. At least we would've gotten the sense of imminent doom threatening all that lives.

Think about it for one second. At that point, all 'Ro and Logan had seen was her levitating a house and killing one person at a time. Not exactly doomsday material.

With no one knowing what Phoenix could pull off... Exactly what was the stake of the Alcatraz battle???

A few hundred jacka$$es not getting shot with the cure and a couple dozens scientists/civilians/guards/soldiers dying as collateral. How utterly epic.

I mean, damnit, X1's final showdown had to do with world leaders mutating. X2's had to do with the death of an entire race. X3 was just people beating the f*** out of each other in SF bay...

But noooo, since DP was there, it's all of sudden meaningful. And OMG, they're defending the whole word!!! ROXOR!!!!! EPIC, TOO!!!!

Come to think of it, Jean did have a destiny beyond getting owned by clawboy. She was there to justify why a cure plot was worthy of a final stand against the forces of eviiiiiiillllll.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:03 AM   #286
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
But yeah, it's kinda funny to have a guy that - according to canon - can almost hit Quicksilver only to miss grown-ups that, huh... move around. Kinda quickly.
Well what I meant by eye-beams is that by definition if you're able to look at it, you just managed to hit it. If it's in the center of your field of view, it has now been blasted. Only if it's moving real fast do you have to compensate, and yes according to canon no one does it better than Scott. His uncanny ability to hit things, and do multiple-bounce trick shots is supposed to be as canonical as Wolverine's claws. Imagine Wolverine using guns instead of claws. That about sums up the problem.

Quote:
They can most certainly be. They just won't save the day in a comic book movie when there's brawns around.
Wasn't that supposed to be part of the movie's theme? That brawns can't save the day all the time? Guess that lesson didn't take hold.

Quote:
I still don't get how they managed to NOT fit the 'I burn away what doesn't work' line or at least something of the sort. At least we would've gotten the sense of imminent doom threatening all that lives.

Think about it for one second. At that point, all 'Ro and Logan had seen was her levitating a house and killing one person at a time. Not exactly doomsday material.
I agree. Upon watching it for the first time you get that sense that everything is going to hell, Jean is totally out of control on a PMS rush from hell, and you have to either smother her, plead with her on your knees, or destroy her otherwise everything and everyone will be destroyed and she'll go through the planet like a hungry college student through a bag of dorritos-

That is until you tally up the final score...

The only ones who were destroyed by Jean were the soldiers who directly attacked her or the X-men at one point or another, or those members of Magneto's army who had already committed murder or were about to.

Strangely, none of the civilians or scientific staff were harmed, and none of the X-men were blown away. Mere coincidence? or was Jean's random bout of destruction not as random and total as we are lead to believe? If that's the case then perhaps she's not as evil as we were lead to believe. Death would still hurt Jean's conciousness but at that point it still seems that salvation would be possible if you could show that she essentially killed those who deserved to die.

Quote:
With no one knowing what Phoenix could pull off... Exactly what was the stake of the Alcatraz battle???
It was a political stake, but definitely nothing of military consequence. OK, so suppose Magneto and his armies manage to kill Leech and prevent the U.S. government from making any more Cure. So what? They still have other, lethal means of killing mutants at their disposal. I still fail to see how syringes full of fluid would be more frightening and deadly than depleted uranium bullets, missiles, chemical weapons or nukes. If I were mutant, given a choice between attacked with a cure gun and an M-16 (assuming my natural mutation can't protect me from supersonic projectile) I'd rather take my chanes with the cure gun rather than be turned into hamburger meat.

Quote:
A few hundred jacka$$es not getting shot with the cure and a couple dozens scientists/civilians/guards/soldiers dying as collateral. How utterly epic.

it was a subtle message about the state of the world. That even in the near future with all our advanced arsenals and technological marvels, the fate of the world is still decided with a good old fashioned physical brawl

Quote:
I mean, damnit, X1's final showdown had to do with world leaders mutating. X2's had to do with the death of an entire race. X3 was just people beating the f*** out of each other in SF bay...
I suppose then that a more appropriate ending would have all the survivors standing in a single line arms in arms singing "always look at the bright side of life?"

Quote:
Come to think of it, Jean did have a destiny beyond getting owned by clawboy. She was there to justify why a cure plot was worthy of a final stand against the forces of eviiiiiiillllll.

BTW. Is it just me or do others fail to see the connection between Jean's predicament and the Cure? Allow me to explain:

WHat sets her off is Magneto's big mouth convincing her that everyone around her just wants to cure her and rob her of her powers.... well, ok. But Jean is The Phoenix, isn't she? FOX and Ratner are trying to show us that Jean is now THE most powerful force on the planet, right? So why would Jean be afraid of the Cure? how could she be possibly threatened by a volley or syringes flying at her? She should have been totally blase about it and walked off. perhaps say something really cute with a snicker like "yeah, and who's gonna inject me with that? YOU?" and then fly off to do her thing.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #287
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
BTW. Is it just me or do others fail to see the connection between Jean's predicament and the Cure? Allow me to explain:

WHat sets her off is Magneto's big mouth convincing her that everyone around her just wants to cure her and rob her of her powers.... well, ok. But Jean is The Phoenix, isn't she? FOX and Ratner are trying to show us that Jean is now THE most powerful force on the planet, right? So why would Jean be afraid of the Cure? how could she be possibly threatened by a volley or syringes flying at her? She should have been totally blase about it and walked off.
I think I've made a few comments already about her being an idiotic wimp in the movieverse. Don't ask me why, it's just there.

The funniest part is that her 'madness' might have actually been somewhat explained. Think about it, Jean and Scott were bonded. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to have part of her essence die with Scott. Or it could've at least triggered her insanity. Something. Anything.

But then again, that would mean mentioning Cyclops, so.... NOPE.

Quote:
perhaps say something really cute with a snicker like "yeah, and who's gonna inject me with that? YOU?" and then fly off to do her thing.
Yup, only she probably would've just fried him for having the insolence of thinking she needed advice and/or guidance.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:51 AM   #288
CapBeerCino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whereas in the movies Wolverine acts as if without him the X-men would all be chalkmarks on the pavement by now, and considering how the 3 of them got their asses kicked by Toad he appears right in thinking so.
I donno - I think the 'kicked by Toad' was more of a budget thing. (I mean if there was a bigger budget I believe there would have been more villains to keep them busy) and don't forget Wolverine had his ass kicked by Sabre-tooth 10 minutes into the movie and was saved by Scott (then later was defeated by Magneto in the train and would have been in the statue of liberty, if it wasn't for Cyclops).

Just saying that TLS dumb conclusion makes the first two films look kind of lame in retrospect. They took all of Singer's flaws and brought them to the extreme.

CapBeerCino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:53 AM   #289
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ
The funniest part is that her 'madness' might have actually been somewhat explained. Think about it, Jean and Scott were bonded. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to have part of her essence die with Scott. Or it could've at least triggered her insanity. Something. Anything.

But then again, that would mean mentioning Cyclops, so.... NOPE.
We kinda got this when Professor said "You killed the man you loved because you couldn't control your power!". That's when she goes crazy and decides to kill him. Because she can't take the fact Scott is dead. Yeah, she simply forgets about him right after killing X, and then for the rest of the movie, but oh well. If they were intelligent enough to continue exploring this...but they decided to make her a living-bored-zombie. Blah.

flavio_lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:43 AM   #290
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavio_lebeau View Post
If they were intelligent enough to continue exploring this...but they decided to make her a living-bored-zombie. Blah.
You forgot the dimwitted part.

Movieverse DP wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the mutant chandelier.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #291
bexta89
Side-Kick

Went to my local Video Ezy last night, and grabbed the free mini magazine that has reviews of all the films coming out this month.

10th and Wolf will be released on DVD in Australia on the 21st of February!!!! Can't wait to get my hands on it....not rated yet though.

Oh, how times change.
bexta89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #292
Random
Side-Kick

Bump with a funny bit from Civil Wardrobe

Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #293
punk_joey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
Bump with a funny bit from Civil Wardrobe

haha!! thats funny man!

punk_joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:21 PM   #294
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick

rotflmao!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #295
batboy99
BTVS

haha brokeback mutant

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #296
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''

That's cute.

Resolue, dumb, uncomplaining, a man in a world of men.
UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #297
batboy99
BTVS

i like the emma and jean kiss in the back lol

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:37 PM   #298
gambitfire
Banned User

WTF?!

ROTFLMAO!!!!

gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #299
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

lol. love it.

Eva Green for Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix if Marvel gets the rights back for X-Men.

“It is some kind of a cosmic force that somehow felt drawn to Jean and her powers. It inhabited her body and mind, which made Jean vulnerable to losing control of her extended powers. I’ve seen what this cosmic entity can do, for I looked into Jean’s conscious mind and saw some things I didn’t like and Scott, believe me; it is unlike anything we’ve encountered of our time.” - Xavier
DarknessOfDeath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #300
genufine
Side-Kick

hey all!

before x3 came out there were all sorts of animated gifs of cyclops (from x3) which were basically on this forum.

One was from the website , where he shoots from his vizor.. and the 2nd one was from where he shoots at the ALKALI lake.

I saved both of them and use them as animated emoticons on my msn, however by mistake the 2nd one got deleted. Does anyone have that ANIMATED gif?

Please CYKE fans!!! help!!!

genufine is offline   Reply With Quote