The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #351
Bishop2
Side-Kick
 
Bishop2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rac View Post
And Magneto would have ripped Wolverine's adamantium out. Leave everyone dead, powerless, shait, broken or just plain miserable.
I'd pay to see that.

Of course, judging by recent scenes in the comics, the skeleton would probably just wind up getting up and walking around like nothing happened.

__________________
PROTIP: Sometimes people have opinions that are completely different from yours for entirely valid reasons.
Bishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #352
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick
 
DarthCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Where 80s action flicks are still rad
Posts: 5,343
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2 View Post
I'd pay to see that.

Of course, judging by recent scenes in the comics, the skeleton would probably just wind up getting up and walking around like nothing happened.
rotflmao.

__________________
Wilhelmina Slater... You are a horror movie I wish would never end.

X4 parody done X3 style: Hellfire's Wrath - The Epic Stand!!!

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...hellfire+wrath
DarthCyclopsRLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #353
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''
 
UraniaChang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scottsylvania
Posts: 3,522
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

It seems that Wolverine has officially become the most powerful (in a ridiculous, totally unreasonable way) mutant in X-men world...I wonder whether Phoenix will be able to kill him or not.

__________________
Cyclops-Intoxicated

Resolue, dumb, uncomplaining, a man in a world of men.
UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #354
LastSunrise1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraniaChang View Post
It seems that Wolverine has officially become the most powerful (in a ridiculous, totally unreasonable way) mutant in X-men world...I wonder whether Phoenix will be able to kill him or not.
Watch it, before you know it Loganbabe and Danoyse will be here putting you down for saying Logan is overexposed. Yes, Logan has become the most powerful and most overrated character in the X-Men world in terms of the films.

There's no denying that he's a cool character, however, it would've been nice to see a balance between him and Cyclops. Not saying Logan should be ignored but there's more to the X-Men than Logan obviously. There's more to the X-Men than just Cyclops too, unfortunately the studio suits didn't see it that way and characters like Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Iceman, Angel, Sabretooth, and Lady Deathstrike suffered because of it.

At least we have the comics, the animated series, and graphic novels that portray the X-Men in the light that they should've been portrayed as. I moved into a new apartment and I've just began to unpack my comics, graphic novels, and video collection.

First X-Men comic I just came upon is about the Legacy Virus and how Colossus sacrifices himself by injecting the virus into him.

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #355
PhePhe112
Side-Kick
 
PhePhe112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in my dreams with james marsden
Posts: 1,589
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

i miss this thread and all the hope that was with it. stupid fox, yes, i'm still bitter lol.

__________________
i <3 james marsden.

(female hype member)

\||/
/||\
PhePhe112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:19 AM   #356
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''
 
UraniaChang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scottsylvania
Posts: 3,522
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981 View Post
Watch it, before you know it Loganbabe and Danoyse will be here putting you down for saying Logan is overexposed. Yes, Logan has become the most powerful and most overrated character in the X-Men world in terms of the films.

There's no denying that he's a cool character, however, it would've been nice to see a balance between him and Cyclops. Not saying Logan should be ignored but there's more to the X-Men than Logan obviously. There's more to the X-Men than just Cyclops too, unfortunately the studio suits didn't see it that way and characters like Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Iceman, Angel, Sabretooth, and Lady Deathstrike suffered because of it.

I'm merely point out the fact- if regenerating from a metal skeleton isn't unreasonable then what else is?
I've never denied that Wolverine is a cool character, but all other XMen are all cool in their own way so there's nothing so special about him that we have to see Wolverine all the time, and Wolverine IS overexposed, I seem to find him EVERYWHERE in the XMen comics, (Does the guy really need his own series? Thank God that Superman belongs to DC or they might even write something unbearable like Wolverine vs. Superman.) let alone he even occasionally runs into other superheors in their comics. Why the comic/script writers can't find a balance between keeping him stay cool and also making room for other characters to shine?

Invincible character is boring, trying to make an actually non-invincible character act like one is ridiculous.


Quote:
At least we have the comics, the animated series, and graphic novels that portray the X-Men in the light that they should've been portrayed as. I moved into a new apartment and I've just began to unpack my comics, graphic novels, and video collection.
I so envy you for this, buying XMen stuff overseas is reeeeally expensive, but I just download the 92' XMen cartoon collection so I'm temporarily released from my bitterness towards X3.

Quote:
First X-Men comic I just came upon is about the Legacy Virus and how Colossus sacrifices himself by injecting the virus into him.
But they bring him back in Astonishing XMen, so don't be too sad about this!

__________________
Cyclops-Intoxicated

Resolue, dumb, uncomplaining, a man in a world of men.

Last edited by UraniaChang; 03-07-2007 at 05:26 AM.
UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #357
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick
 
DarthCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Where 80s action flicks are still rad
Posts: 5,343
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraniaChang View Post
Invincible character is boring, trying to make an actually non-invincible character act like one is ridiculous.
Eh. Been clashing with some Storm fanatics over that issue. Apparently, they think the character can be saved from her current day clusterf**k by becoming even more powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraniaChang
But they bring him back in Astonishing XMen, so don't be too sad about this!
Yeah, but there's a rather good chance Peter just might die in the current arc. I'm hoping Kitty's the only one to croak (not that I hate her, it's just that everyone else on the team is cooler), but the possibility is still there...

Oh well, at least we can rather safely assume Cyke will survive, what with - Firecrotch's - I mean, Jean's inevitable return to the 616 verse...

__________________
Wilhelmina Slater... You are a horror movie I wish would never end.

X4 parody done X3 style: Hellfire's Wrath - The Epic Stand!!!

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...hellfire+wrath
DarthCyclopsRLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #358
Bishop2
Side-Kick
 
Bishop2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
Yeah, but there's a rather good chance Peter just might die in the current arc. I'm hoping Kitty's the only one to croak (not that I hate her, it's just that everyone else on the team is cooler), but the possibility is still there...

Oh well, at least we can rather safely assume Cyke will survive, what with - Firecrotch's - I mean, Jean's inevitable return to the 616 verse...
I actually think Cyke is one of the top three most likely to die in the current arc and Peter is easily the least likely. However, the two most likely are, by far, Emma (of course - now that we know about her massive guilt complex, it'll be all the more tragic) and Beast (who Whedon doesn't really seem to give much of a damn about).

Whoever dies will inevitably return later, of course.

__________________
PROTIP: Sometimes people have opinions that are completely different from yours for entirely valid reasons.
Bishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #359
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick
 
DarthCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Where 80s action flicks are still rad
Posts: 5,343
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2 View Post
I actually think Cyke is one of the top three most likely to die in the current arc and Peter is easily the least likely. However, the two most likely are, by far, Emma (of course - now that we know about her massive guilt complex, it'll be all the more tragic) and Beast (who Whedon doesn't really seem to give much of a damn about).
Well, I personally don't think Peter will croak. Possibility of both of him and Kitty doing so is still there, though.

Oh, and there's no doubt Cyke and Emma make the top 3 in Joss' mind. I'm just not sure the editors went for it. *shrugs*

Imagine this:

Jean: "I am not fire an life incarnate anymore blah blah blah I'm Jean, not Phoenix, I have prevailed over blah blah blah Where's Scott?

X-Men: Huh... he sort of kinda died.

Jean: Oh. What about that wretched homewrecker? Can I at least get some sort of violence fix?

X-Men: She sort of kinda died too.

Jean: ...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2
Whoever dies will inevitably return later, of course.

__________________
Wilhelmina Slater... You are a horror movie I wish would never end.

X4 parody done X3 style: Hellfire's Wrath - The Epic Stand!!!

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...hellfire+wrath
DarthCyclopsRLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #360
Bishop2
Side-Kick
 
Bishop2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
Well, I personally don't think Peter will croak. Possibility of both of him and Kitty doing so is still there, though.
So wait, are you saying that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Kitty has already been killed off, or is known to be dying or something? Because that would be SO awesome. Joss made her into a real stone-cold *****.

__________________
PROTIP: Sometimes people have opinions that are completely different from yours for entirely valid reasons.
Bishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #361
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981 View Post
Watch it, before you know it Loganbabe and Danoyse will be here putting you down for saying Logan is overexposed.
Oh ****ing stop it.

You do this **** on purpose just to instigate and get a rise out of people don't you?!

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #362
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick
 
DarthCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Where 80s action flicks are still rad
Posts: 5,343
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2 View Post
So wait, are you saying that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Kitty has already been killed off, or is known to be dying or something? Because that would be SO awesome. Joss made her into a real stone-cold *****.
Not quite.

So far, Kitty's a$$-kicking feats in Whedon's run have been... how to put it politely... rather situational and somewhat arbitrary. While Whedon wrote the other characters fairly, it's fairly obvious that most of his run has essentially been tailor-made for Kitty.

Now, the catch is, not every writer is head-over-heels in love with the character. Odds are that they won't write entire arcs just for the sake of her kicking a$$.

For Whedon's run to end up as Kitty's glorious swansong seems to be the most logical scenario. Not only would it prevent any other writer to dilute/f**k up Whedon's work, but it would make him the ultimate Kitty writer.

Quite a few of us see it happening. *shrugs*

__________________
Wilhelmina Slater... You are a horror movie I wish would never end.

X4 parody done X3 style: Hellfire's Wrath - The Epic Stand!!!

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...hellfire+wrath
DarthCyclopsRLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #363
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''
 
UraniaChang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scottsylvania
Posts: 3,522
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Mmm...why can't they kill Wolverine for once and let us have some issues without him going topless (which I find pretty gross)...
But I hope that they'll leave Cyclops and Colossus the hell alone, one of them just came out of being braindead and the other has just been brought back!
I don't mind them killing off Kitty though...she has been the center of this series for enough long time...

__________________
Cyclops-Intoxicated

Resolue, dumb, uncomplaining, a man in a world of men.
UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:44 AM   #364
gambitfire
Banned User
 
gambitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 6,494
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

^Wolverine dying?! That might just be the first issue i actually buy since AOA!

gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:04 AM   #365
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''
 
UraniaChang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scottsylvania
Posts: 3,522
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

If they actually make an issue of him dying, then it does need celebration...and seeing your name brings back one of my old questions- just where has Gambit gone to? It seems that half of the team has scattered one way or another.

__________________
Cyclops-Intoxicated

Resolue, dumb, uncomplaining, a man in a world of men.
UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #366
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick
 
Goddessreicho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,747
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

I updated my sequel. This new chapter is mostly all about Scott. I decided to do something brand new and never done before with his character. I would like for some reviews from some hard core fans. Hit the link in my sig.

Having said that, thanks so far Urania. Your reviews have been a big big help. I hope you like this new part.

__________________
The best theory on Red Matter I've yet heard:
The death-knell of a billion red-shirts lost in duty, focusing their agony for a singular plot-point. -- The Internetz


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007


Goddessreicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:08 AM   #367
gambitfire
Banned User
 
gambitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 6,494
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraniaChang View Post
If they actually make an issue of him dying, then it does need celebration...and seeing your name brings back one of my old questions- just where has Gambit gone to? It seems that half of the team has scattered one way or another.

These 2 drunken stoned idiots walk into a bar (BTW they work for Marvel) and one moron says to the other moron:

Moron 1: DUDE, I just had the craziest idea!!

Moron 2: Shhyea?

Moron 1: WOULDN'T IT BE AWESOME if Gambit was Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Moron 2: DUDE!?!

Moron 1: DUDE!! *Nods Head*

Moron 2: Dude..... *Nods Head*

and that was the end of that................









I hate Marvel right now.

Last i heard Gambit and Sunfire where in China somehwere (i think it was China).

gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #368
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''
 
UraniaChang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scottsylvania
Posts: 3,522
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

The Horsemen of .... and in CHINA?!!!
Oh, please...my second fav male character is totally wasted...

__________________
Cyclops-Intoxicated

Resolue, dumb, uncomplaining, a man in a world of men.
UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:24 AM   #369
gambitfire
Banned User
 
gambitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 6,494
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Yes apparantley as far as Marvel is concerned if your an X-Men and your name isn't Wolverine, then your easily dispensable.

gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:31 AM   #370
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''
 
UraniaChang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scottsylvania
Posts: 3,522
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

And since Marvel can't simply kill off Gambit coz they can't risk the wrath of his fans so they just have to come up with this kind of stupid idea to get him off the picture. Would it kill them to keep Gambit in the current storyline? You know like move Wolverine over little to make room for him, Wolverine is not that HUGE anyway.

__________________
Cyclops-Intoxicated

Resolue, dumb, uncomplaining, a man in a world of men.
UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:07 AM   #371
gambitfire
Banned User
 
gambitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 6,494
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

I think there are a couple of baboons at Marvel who actually dislike the character, what a mature way of handling it no?


gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:32 AM   #372
Loganbabe
Don't want your future
 
Loganbabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,844
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraniaChang View Post
You know like move Wolverine over little to make room for him, Wolverine is not that HUGE anyway.
From the main 616 X-Men teams, Wolverine is only in one of them (Astonishing), so he didnīt take Gambitīs place.
And even in Astonishing he isnīt the main character, Cyke, Emma and Kitty are.

__________________
***We need you to hope again***
Charles Xavier
Days of Future Past
James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:51 AM   #373
gambitfire
Banned User
 
gambitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 6,494
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraniaChang View Post
And since Marvel can't simply kill off Gambit coz they can't risk the wrath of his fans so they just have to come up with this kind of stupid idea to get him off the picture. Would it kill them to keep Gambit in the current storyline? You know like move Wolverine over little to make room for him, Wolverine is not that HUGE anyway.

Fortunatley he's no longer on every team like he was not too long ago.


He is however making cameos like crazy left and right in other marvel titles.


gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:34 AM   #374
Bishop2
Side-Kick
 
Bishop2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitfire View Post
Fortunatley he's no longer on every team like he was not too long ago.
Oh yay, he's not on the Avengers anymore. Well, at least not the "New" or "Mighty" ones - he's still on the "Adventures" team. (I.e. the only one worth reading right now.)

That seems to be all he's lost so far. :\

__________________
PROTIP: Sometimes people have opinions that are completely different from yours for entirely valid reasons.
Bishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:55 AM   #375
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''
 
UraniaChang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scottsylvania
Posts: 3,522
Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Are we sure that Wolverine has no hidden power? Like cloning himself? Or how can he show up everywhere?
I'm sure the storylines of those X-teams coincide from time to time. There can't be just ONE Wolverine.

__________________
Cyclops-Intoxicated

Resolue, dumb, uncomplaining, a man in a world of men.
UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.