The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 01-09-2007, 07:51 AM   #151
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBeerCino View Post
I don't know if this was ever posted, but this fan-vid is brilliant! (After you get pass the theme that was done to death)

It's the x-3 we wanted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Tiz...related&search=
That was awesome indeed!

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #152
WideAwake
Side-Kick

Great video indeed, thanks for posting
It's amazing just how much you can do with editing. It's that we know the true context of those clips, but it was almost seemless.

WideAwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:58 AM   #153
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh'sMrs View Post
It can if the CD player is shut off in the middle of a song. In my car, if I switch from CD player to radio and then back to CD player, the CD picks up exactly where it was when I changed formats.

But on topic, I don't think Cyclops is an N'Sync fan. IIRC the screenwriters said the choice of that particular song was an inside joke.
Of course it's a joke.

I seriously doubt Cyke from ANY X-verse would listen to a boy band .

But guilty pleasure songs away from the eyes of everyone but Jean (AKA hard rock - AOR) in the Cyclopsmobile, well... Doesn't exactly sound far-fetched at all

X4 parody done X3 style: Hellfire's Wrath - The Epic Stand!!!

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/...hellfire+wrath
DarthCyclopsRLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:29 AM   #154
Hulkster
Allah hu Akbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBeerCino View Post
I don't know if this was ever posted, but this fan-vid is brilliant! (After you get pass the theme that was done to death)

It's the x-3 we wanted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Tiz...elated&search=
WOW nice vid. I will show this to my friends.

Sign the Petition for Cyclops
Hulkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #155
LastSunrise1981

Post Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

I just watched the video the fan made and it was beautifully made. In a sense this video makes me somewhat bitter though. Is that a bad thing? Just simply looking at fan-made videos about what could've/should've been makes me disappointed.

Whoever made the video has a great understanding of the comics and realizes what Fox did was very insulting. The only ones who disagree with it are the Logan fanatics who know nothing about the comics and feel Jean/Logan are true love.

I say let a reboot happen, buy the rights from Fox, and get writers and a director who will not stray from the source material. If Cyclops died I wouldn't have had a problem with it if he died in an heroic manner. If he died trying to save Jean, the X-Men, and the world in general I would've accepted it.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:26 AM   #156
Hulkster
Allah hu Akbar

I feel the same way man. I'm happy and also disappointed after watching a fan-made videos. Fox should've given Cyclops some respect.

Sign the Petition for Cyclops
Hulkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:15 PM   #157
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981 View Post
Whoever made the video has a great understanding of the comics and realizes what Fox did was very insulting. The only ones who disagree with it are the Logan fanatics who know nothing about the comics and feel Jean/Logan are true love.

Includes movie information, timeline theories, character bios, and more!
Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #158
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981
Welcome back to thread, Nell, lol.

And as for Sunrise's post... Damn right it was an insult.

Now, don't get me wrong, I never bought Jott in movieverse and never was that big of a fan in the comics ever since I understood the whole "subtext" about her wanting to f**k Logan and proposing to Scott just because the guy was finally getting a bloody hint and slipping away...

BUT...

Yeah, to have Logan "redeem" her was preposterous. Storm/Xavier, OK. Logan after knowing for like 10 days? Huh, NO.

And you know what, the whole "not for them, for you." was insulting to Jean in so many ways it's not even funny.

Anyway, back on topic.

To not even have Cyke be part of DP was just ridiculous. While I did say I'm no Jott enthusiast, I DO aknowledge they meant a lot to each other for years. Rock solid fact which Fox just, you know, completely ignored.

Oh well.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #159
Ryudoz
Cleaning woman?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
... I DO aknowledge they meant a lot to each other for years. Rock solid fact which Fox just, you know, completely ignored...
I think this is the heart of the matter when you get down to it. Their personal dynamics were based largely on their relations with each other. The conflicts that arose drove their characters and even in current storylines, still do. The relationship was more than just "Scott + Jean 4ever" and the indulgence on playing up the "What if?" scenario between Jean and Logan in the movies was for me, a rather disappointing experience. And it was because of this focus it made Cyke all the more expendable in The Last Stand. Not that that particular decision has struck a nerve at all.

Ryudoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #160
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''

Quote:
Now, don't get me wrong, I never bought Jott in movieverse and never was that big of a fan in the comics ever since I understood the whole "subtext" about her wanting to f**k Logan and proposing to Scott just because the guy was finally getting a bloody hint and slipping away...
Where did you get the idea? I would love to hear how you got the "subtext".
And the part of her proposing to Scott just because he finally got a hint and slipped away makes Jean seem like a awful woman...

Resolue, dumb, uncomplaining, a man in a world of men.
UraniaChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:16 AM   #161
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraniaChang View Post
Where did you get the idea? I would love to hear how you got the "subtext".
Besides her kissing her Wolverine a couple of times when they both thought they would die??? Extreme situation, I know, but it reeked of "If Only/What If". Which, ya know, isn't supposed to happen when you love someone else. I mean, I don't think Cyclops would've been kissing any other female had he faced a (moreso than usual anyway) life-threatening situation before the merge with Apocalypse. Hell, even then, no one before the Emma affair.

And as whether Jean did or didn't quite tell Wolvie to f*** off or made great efforts to nip it in the bud when he was pursuing her, I suppose it's a matter of opinion.

About the Emma affair, well, Jean did try to make a not-so-subtle move on Wolvie in New X-Men 137 (I think - well, between 135 and 138 anyway). Who knows what would've happened had Wolvie not stopped her. I mean, stalking a half-naked guy in the woods??? Come on, she didn't just want to talk.

Not that Cyke doesn't get his share of the blame (eh), but they were both the bad guy at that point, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraniaChang
And the part of her proposing to Scott just because he finally got a hint and slipped away makes Jean seem like a awful woman...
I wouldn't say awful. Indecisive, maybe?

Considering all the love triangles involving the pair and another man, it's rather safe to say Cyke got the short end of the stick during most of their 35+ years on/off relationship. The ultimatum before Jean's proposal didn't exactly come out of nowhere.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #162
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Quote:
Welcome back to thread, Nell, lol.

And as for Sunrise's post... Damn right it was an insult.

BUT...

Yeah, to have Logan "redeem" her was preposterous. Storm/Xavier, OK. Logan after knowing for like 10 days? Huh, NO.

And you know what, the whole "not for them, for you." was insulting to Jean in so many ways it's not even funny.

Anyway, back on topic.

To not even have Cyke be part of DP was just ridiculous. While I did say I'm no Jott enthusiast, I DO aknowledge they meant a lot to each other for years. Rock solid fact which Fox just, you know, completely ignored.

Oh well.
I'm not debating the quality of the decision made, I'm arguing LastSunrise's continuing persistance to insult and degrade anyone who disagrees with him.

Let's be straight; I absolutley hate the decision to kill of Cyclops and give his role to Wolverine. There is not a single part of me that thinks "this was the way to go".

However, within the context of the movie, despite it being the wrong decision, it doesn't ruin the movie for me the way I thought it would. Some people may say that I'm grasping for straws, but I think the essence of their love is still there, in her wanting to die for what she did to Cyclops. And I don't like having blind assumptions and insults made about me because of a particular opinion I have about a movie.

I am definatley not a Wolverine fanatic, and I definatley know a little something about the comics. The creative decision (or political, or whatever it was) to kill Cyclops and put Wolverine in his role does in fact, hurt, as an X-Men fan, and I agree that it's "insulting".

Yet, I still love the movie, and despite the fact that it was the wrong decision, I still view the way everything handled to be at least a successful, alternate take (though not a truly acceptable one) on the mythos.

That's probably bad wording, because it makes it sound as though I support the decision more than I do. Quite frankly, I don't. But what's done is done, and quite frankly, it doesn't ruin the movie, or the story for me. What it does is keeps it from being as special as it truly could be if handled properly.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #163
LastSunrise1981

Quote:
I'm not debating the quality of the decision made, I'm arguing LastSunrise's continuing persistance to insult and degrade anyone who disagrees with him.

Let's be straight; I absolutley hate the decision to kill of Cyclops and give his role to Wolverine. There is not a single part of me that thinks "this was the way to go".

However, within the context of the movie, despite it being the wrong decision, it doesn't ruin the movie for me the way I thought it would. Some people may say that I'm grasping for straws, but I think the essence of their love is still there, in her wanting to die for what she did to Cyclops. And I don't like having blind assumptions and insults made about me because of a particular opinion I have about a movie.

I am definatley not a Wolverine fanatic, and I definatley know a little something about the comics. The creative decision (or political, or whatever it was) to kill Cyclops and put Wolverine in his role does in fact, hurt, as an X-Men fan, and I agree that it's "insulting".

Yet, I still love the movie, and despite the fact that it was the wrong decision, I still view the way everything handled to be at least a successful, alternate take (though not a truly acceptable one) on the mythos.

That's probably bad wording, because it makes it sound as though I support the decision more than I do. Quite frankly, I don't. But what's done is done, and quite frankly, it doesn't ruin the movie, or the story for me. What it does is keeps it from being as special as it truly could be if handled properly.
In other words you're saying that no matter what, just as long as it has the X-Men on it and is directed by a crappy director, horrible writers, and have politics ruining artistic vision you'll accept it because it's the X-Men.

About time you finally admitted it Nell.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:00 PM   #164
gambitfire
Banned User

^without meaning any offense to Nell (since i don't find the word to be that offensive), but can't something like that define you as a fanboy?

gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:15 PM   #165
genufine
Side-Kick

Attention Cyclops Fans:

This is our chance of letting FOX know that we dont want **** treatment of the character. Make sure you write to them by the address provided of Fox (its somewhere on Superherohype.com's articles) and make your opinions heard ok?

They think that Cyclops Fans DONT exist. Remember, if we're quiet, then CYCLOPS wont even be in X4. So, dont expect others to write in, do your part.

VOICE YOUR OPINION!

genufine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #166
gambitfire
Banned User

Everyone is going crazing acting there actually is going to be an X4.

I'm crossing my fingers that Marvel get's the rights back.

gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:36 AM   #167
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''

Quote:
Besides her kissing her Wolverine a couple of times when they both thought they would die??? Extreme situation, I know, but it reeked of "If Only/What If". Which, ya know, isn't supposed to happen when you love someone else. I mean, I don't think Cyclops would've been kissing any other female had he faced a (moreso than usual anyway) life-threatening situation before the merge with Apocalypse. Hell, even then, no one before the Emma affair.

And as whether Jean did or didn't quite tell Wolvie to f*** off or made great efforts to nip it in the bud when he was pursuing her, I suppose it's a matter of opinion.

About the Emma affair, well, Jean did try to make a not-so-subtle move on Wolvie in New X-Men 137 (I think - well, between 135 and 138 anyway). Who knows what would've happened had Wolvie not stopped her. I mean, stalking a half-naked guy in the woods??? Come on, she didn't just want to talk.

Not that Cyke doesn't get his share of the blame (eh), but they were both the bad guy at that point, really.

I believe I read an issue about them kissing when they thought they were about to die somewhere and flipped through those pages as fast as I could coz I found that kiss was more than unbearable...and I was more than a little annoyed towards Jean. You're supposed to think about the one you love in the last moments of your life! Not kiss another guy as if saying "well, I'm gonna die, might as well just do it coz it's probably my last chance to make out with a guy who isn't my husband, and since I'm dying, I think I shouldn't be blamed." I agree that Scott wouldn't have done such a thing when facing the same situation, and imagine just how he would feel if he found out what exactly his wife was doing when her life was in critical situation. (I'm not sure whether or not he ever found out, my memory are fuzzy)
I admit it's quite disturbing to know Jean and Logan seems unable to keep their hands and mouths off each other, especially when she is a married woman. Always wondering what is inside Logan's head, if the situation is reversed, I will bet he would have gutted any guy trying to pursuit his wife a long time ago let, alone kissing her, also I always think he's a little hypocritical coz he seems to think Scott has to be perfect and everything for Jean otherwise he doesn't deserve her at all while Jean keeps falling out of line and he seems more than happy to fall with her.

Anyway, I just hope Jean will cool her head when she was in dead mode before coming back, or she can just stay dead and let Emma have Scott. At least, Emma isn't likely to kiss Logan under any circumstances.

Quote:
The ultimatum before Jean's proposal didn't exactly come out of nowhere.
Do you remember which issue is it? The problem with X Men comics is there are too many extensions and confuse me all the time.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:53 AM   #168
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Quote:
In other words you're saying that no matter what, just as long as it has the X-Men on it and is directed by a crappy director, horrible writers, and have politics ruining artistic vision you'll accept it because it's the X-Men.

About time you finally admitted it Nell.
Um, no.

It's because that despite the horrible wrongdoings done in X-Men: The Last Stand, I find that much more was done right than was done wrong.

Many people act as if nothing at all was done right in this film, when PLENTY was done right.

There is more to the movie than Cyclops dying and Wolverine's speech to Iceman. Yes, X-Men: The Last Stand got more wrong in one movie than Bryan Singer did in 2 movies, but X-Men: The Last Stand STILL got more right than it did wrong, and in my opinion, the things that were done right were done even better at times than what Bryan Singer did.

It's about time YOU knock off the holier than thou attitude and quit with the insults because someone has a different opinion than you.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:54 AM   #169
UraniaChang
''Oculus Superior''

Quote:
Originally Posted by genufine View Post
Attention Cyclops Fans:

This is our chance of letting FOX know that we dont want **** treatment of the character. Make sure you write to them by the address provided of Fox (its somewhere on Superherohype.com's articles) and make your opinions heard ok?

They think that Cyclops Fans DONT exist. Remember, if we're quiet, then CYCLOPS wont even be in X4. So, dont expect others to write in, do your part.

VOICE YOUR OPINION!

It's not like I don't support your idea, but a) I don't really think there will be an X4, b) If their reason to mess up Cyclops (and other characters, too) is because they think that Cyclops fans don't exist, they are also probably too stupid to read anyway.

I only hope that whoever wants to film a movie based on a group of heros
won't end up filming a movie focused on one hero or two out of the entire group, if I want to see a superhero play solo, I already have Spiderman or Superman.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:17 AM   #170
LastSunrise1981

Quote:
Um, no.

It's because that despite the horrible wrongdoings done in X-Men: The Last Stand, I find that much more was done right than was done wrong.

Many people act as if nothing at all was done right in this film, when PLENTY was done right.

There is more to the movie than Cyclops dying and Wolverine's speech to Iceman. Yes, X-Men: The Last Stand got more wrong in one movie than Bryan Singer did in 2 movies, but X-Men: The Last Stand STILL got more right than it did wrong, and in my opinion, the things that were done right were done even better at times than what Bryan Singer did.

It's about time YOU knock off the holier than thou attitude and quit with the insults because someone has a different opinion than you.
Danoyse, Storm22, and plenty of others I know love this film, and I get along with them just fine.

But you just basically admitted that as long as it has "X-Men" on the front and is directed by a mindless action director, written by two hacks, and rushed into production you'll like it and buy it because it is the X-Men.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to watch Schindlers List, since you know, I actually enjoy GREAT films.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:48 AM   #171
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Quote:
Danoyse, Storm22, and plenty of others I know love this film, and I get along with them just fine.

But you just basically admitted that as long as it has "X-Men" on the front and is directed by a mindless action director, written by two hacks, and rushed into production you'll like it and buy it because it is the X-Men.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to watch Schindlers List, since you know, I actually enjoy GREAT films.
Oh shut up, PLEASE.

I didn't "admit" anything. Once again, like always, you are taking what I said and completely taking it out of context, and twisting it to suit your needs so that you can make yourself look better than me.

If that's all that I wanted, was "X-Men" plastered on the cover, then I wouldn't give a **** about the errors that were made in the film. But I do give a **** about them, and the errors bother me. I've stated that countless times.

I find that the movie has more to offer than Cyclops' death, and Rogue's curing, and a speech that Wolverine gives to Iceman. Yes, those things are all "out of character" for the X-Men mythos, but there is tons more that is totally IN LINE with everything that I love about X-Men. I'd rather not spend the time listing off every little detail in this film that I feel is "right" that outweighs the list of what I think is bad.

So please, get off of your damned high horse, I am absolutley sick and tired of your ****ing attitude around here. It's starting to truly piss me off the way you constantly twist my words around and make your stupid little snide remarks about me in an attempt to degrade me because of my opinion.

Don't even try to play the "I get along with Storm22 and danoyse" card here, either, because it wasn't long ago that you were bashing them in the very same sentences you were bashing me in, and I don't have to go back very far to find those posts.

I did NOTHING in my post to provoke you, but again, like always, you find the need to stick in your little nose and take cheap shots at me because you can't handle my opinion of this film.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:09 AM   #172
Hugh'sMrs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraniaChang View Post
Anyway, I just hope Jean will cool her head when she was in dead mode before coming back, or she can just stay dead and let Emma have Scott. At least, Emma isn't likely to kiss Logan under any circumstances.
The cover of Astonishing X-Men #14 had Emma and Logan kissing. But that turned out to be Emma just messing with Scott. First she created an illusion that she was Jean and then when she became her normal self she created the illusion that Scott was Logan. Scott said "You sick *****." Emma replied "Oh stop hiding, Scott! You know you thought of being him .. the one everyone remembers. The poster child for mutant cool. The love of her life."

Betty White, during her SNL opening monologue
Hugh'sMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #173
LastSunrise1981

Quote:
Oh shut up, PLEASE.

I didn't "admit" anything. Once again, like always, you are taking what I said and completely taking it out of context, and twisting it to suit your needs so that you can make yourself look better than me.

If that's all that I wanted, was "X-Men" plastered on the cover, then I wouldn't give a **** about the errors that were made in the film. But I do give a **** about them, and the errors bother me. I've stated that countless times.

I find that the movie has more to offer than Cyclops' death, and Rogue's curing, and a speech that Wolverine gives to Iceman. Yes, those things are all "out of character" for the X-Men mythos, but there is tons more that is totally IN LINE with everything that I love about X-Men. I'd rather not spend the time listing off every little detail in this film that I feel is "right" that outweighs the list of what I think is bad.

So please, get off of your damned high horse, I am absolutley sick and tired of your ****ing attitude around here. It's starting to truly piss me off the way you constantly twist my words around and make your stupid little snide remarks about me in an attempt to degrade me because of my opinion.

Don't even try to play the "I get along with Storm22 and danoyse" card here, either, because it wasn't long ago that you were bashing them in the very same sentences you were bashing me in, and I don't have to go back very far to find those posts.

I did NOTHING in my post to provoke you, but again, like always, you find the need to stick in your little nose and take cheap shots at me because you can't handle my opinion of this film.
Shows how much you actually know. Yes, I do get along with Danoyse and Storm22 just fine. Maybe if you stopped trying to convert people with your zealot love of X3, perhaps you would see that when they post here about what they like about the film I handle it just fine.

You, on the other hand, continue to defend it, defend it, defend it, and defend it as though anyone says anything negative about it is wrong and you're right. Sorry Nell, that's not how it goes in life and as I said, I know plenty of people who love X3 both comic book fans and non-comic book fans, and guess what? I get along with them just fine.

You practically admitted more than once that as long as it's the X-Men you don't care.

Of course you'll backtrack now that you've been caught and exposed again.

On ignore you go and I have to finish watching Schindlers List, you know, a great film.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #174
storm-x-fan
Side-Kick

Re: Cyclops Returns(Old Thread Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkster View Post
I feel the same way man. I'm happy and also disappointed after watching a fan-made videos. Fox should've given Cyclops some respect.
I agree!!

Wat sux is emma loves scot loves ejan loves wolvie!!

Old 01-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #175
DarthCyclopsRLZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm-x-fan View Post
I agree!!

Wat sux is emma loves scot loves ejan loves wolvie!!
???

I suppose it depends whether you consider Endsong canon or not...