Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:50 AM   #51
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: 2009 Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_ghost View Post
Yep.
That's true. Cameron did choose WETA to use his developed VFX technologies and WETA's own image based MO-CAP technology to be used for the VFX.

Pretty sweet if you ask me . And he's gonna shoot for "just" 31 days.
My guess , it's mostly blue screen work.

I know that alot of sets were built for the superman movie , but it is something that i have been wondering for some time now. Why not just shoot the entire movie on a blue/green screen.
It obviously helps with reducing you're budget meaning you can spend more time and more money for the VFX.
you dont understand. singer likes to have real sets. he liked the details on the sets which cost a lot of money. i think this is great because details are very important as specially if the peopel ino the theater dont see them. lets not forget that they build one of the most complex sets in history(supermans space ship). but the scene were deleted. but it doesnt matter. i just like that they used the budget to build everything real. it doesnt matter if we didnt see this ...the fact that they did it is what makes me happy.
for example they build this again detailed set of teh yacht. and when we see them on the sea the background(sky and sea) is 100% real. i mean why would they go really on the sea they can make everything now real. the ligthing was 100% real.

Last edited by dark_b; 01-12-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #52
GreenKToo
In the fire

I dunno, but its on these lists for 2009 though.

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/releases/year.php?2009

this one too.
http://www.movie-source.com/year.asp?year=2009

and another.
http://www.comingsoon.net/moviereleases/summer09.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlives View Post
BTW, this list is confirmation that a Superman Returns sequel for 2009 has not been greenlit/gotten a go-ahead yet - despite the perception of some who erroneously think it has.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 01-12-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:41 AM   #53
ervann
Super Deformin'

Just read that Cameron's Avatar on a budget of $295m. Phew.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #54
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Default Man of steel shooting in Hawaii?

Quote:
I would like you to meet the face of Searider Productions. Yes, she has other teachers who work along side her, and all of them have earned our deep and lasting gratitude. But she is the girl from Wai'anae who came home and put her heart and soul into helping these kids dream big dreams, and become the best they can be.

She is Candy Suiso.

Candy and I have talked about what is next. What do the Nick Smiths have as a future in Hawai'i? We decided that we really need one of them to be the next George Lucas and bring a whole media industry home to Hawai'i.

Well, Hawai'i's answer to George Lucas has found Candy and the Seariders and he remains committed to them.

He is Chris Lee, best known as the former head of Columbia-Tristar Pictures and Executive Producer of Superman Returns. Chris is not from Wai'anae, but he shares the same heart and wants to bring Superman Returns II and his other projects to Hawai'i. He reflects on how we have lost many opportunities, such as the production of the Steven Spielberg/Tom Hanks mini series Band of Brothers. One reason is that while we have relied so much on the natural beauty of our islands, we have not benefited from the talent of our students. We need both to build this new industry.

I would like to introduce Chris Lee.

In my discussions with Chris, it is evident that an education system that believes all students must go on to college is no longer relevant. We need to look at our students' unique talents and develop those job opportunities that will sustain them into the future.

Chris has called upon us to embrace what he calls "learning from Wai'anae" and look at what Candy Suiso has done with the Searider Productions program.
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...971604285.html

Thanks to crazy El

Old 01-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #55
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Man of steel shooting in Hawai?

Hawaii was responsible for some of Superman Returns, possibly CGI in post production. I think they are hungering for more.

There are rumors that production will not continue in Australia and rather Canada and other locations.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #56
Papa Burgundy
Banned User

bring on the stupid hawiian button up shirt jokes.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #57
PSU442
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post

There are rumors that production will not continue in Australia and rather Canada and other locations.

i thought the sets were still standing want waiting..... i guess they could be shippable.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #58
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

should keep it bright

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #59
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU442 View Post
i thought the sets were still standing want waiting..... i guess they could be shippable.
I don't think so, I believe they even took down the farm set from what I've heard.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #60
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider View Post
should keep it bright
That's what they are going for...

Old 02-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #61
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider View Post
should keep it bright
haha good one!

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Old 02-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #62
Mentok
Side-Kick

Some sets are still in some stage of standing. All of the set material (that they didnt destroy) is in storage in Australia.

Fox Studios also has SR2 inked in for using the stages again. I doubt they will take the production to Hawaii simply for budget reasons. Canada is a possible but from what I understand Singer, the producers and W.B are going back to shoot at Fox in Australia.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:53 AM   #63
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentok View Post
Some sets are still in some stage of standing. All of the set material (that they didnt destroy) is in storage in Australia.

Fox Studios also has SR2 inked in for using the stages again. I doubt they will take the production to Hawaii simply for budget reasons. Canada is a possible but from what I understand Singer, the producers and W.B are going back to shoot at Fox in Australia.

shooting in Hawaii is laughable. Is it not the most expensive state in the US to do anything in? And as much as I'd love SRII to be shot in Canada (probably hongcouver), our Dollar here has been climbing vs. the US dollar for the last couple of years.

If they are trying to save on budget, Hawaii and Canada are two places that would make saving money questionable at best.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #64
blueboy
Side-Kick

Default Superman DELAYED?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19331

United Artists' Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner have greenlit their second film, an original thriller that Bryan Singer will direct as his next feature, reports Variety.

The untitled film re-teams Singer with The Usual Suspects screenwriter Chris McQuarrie. Singer and McQuarrie will produce.

Set in WWII, the project is similar to "Suspects" in that it is a multi-character ensemble piece.

Singer and McQuarrie took the project directly to Wagner and Cruise, who agreed to finance it almost immediately.

The film will delay Warner Bros.' hope of mounting a sequel to Superman Returns in the near future, adds the trade. Singer's Bad Hat Harry production company has an overall deal at WB, where he is developing several films that include that sequel and the Harvey Milk biopic The Mayor of Castro Street. Singer is also directing "Football Wives," a series pilot for ABC and ABC TV Studio.

The new project begins production this summer.

*Project does sound pretty interesting though*

Old 03-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #65
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Re: Superman DELAYED?

Already old news

Old 03-13-2007, 11:57 PM   #66
Catman
Banned User

Or maybe WB will fire Singer and release the film in `09 with another director.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:02 AM   #67
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

There seems to be no question, the Superman sequel is being delayed. I'm not gonna go all lexlives on this but this is very curious. I thought the sequel was planned all along for 2009. Then with the Routh comments today about a possible super villain and no Zod it sounded like things were moving along, but now this. WB seems to always have a gameplan with these superhero films, releasing them every 3 or 2 years apart from each other. If the studio was completely satisfied with SR, I don't think there would be any question the sequel would be rolling out in 2009. Unless, Singer has so much say over there he can alter the schedule of the release of the film as he sees fit. I'm really not too sure what to make of all this.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #68
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Could it be 2009 is a long ways from now and working on that film plus preproduction shouldn't be a problem

Old 03-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #69
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets replaced.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:05 AM   #70
Catman
Banned User

Singer is gonna get the ax. Trust me! I was the VERY first person to say that Kevin Spacey would be cast as Lex Luthor. Which I have prove of, BTW, and now I'm gonna predict that Singer is getting the ax.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:05 AM   #71
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Kind of different with Spacey as he was the fan favorite before Singer got the gig.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #72
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Singer may be out?

Old 03-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #73
J.Howlett

If he shoots this new film this year, along with continuing pre-production on the Returns sequel, he can reasonably start shooting the sequel next Spring.

It's not that big a deal. More than likely, this new film of his, he's been working on for a while now....

Old 03-14-2007, 12:07 AM   #74
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Could it be 2009 is a long ways from now and working on that film plus preproduction shouldn't be a problem
I would think Singer could do another film in between SR and the Superman sequel and still have the sequel come out in 2009. Nolan did this with The Prestige and kept on schedule with TDK. I just don't get why Variety states so clearly though that now the sequel will be delayed.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:08 AM   #75
Octoberist
point blank

Honestly, it depends on WB.

I want to say this: Superman Returns is not my favorite superhero flick. It's underwhelming, however, it's not a piece of trash either. It's an admirable and harmless effort, but ultimately kinda dissapointing. Well, in my opinion.

With the new Hulk, I can see why they are going with a new director (agree with it or not) but I don't know if Superman is at that same level of critisim.

It's hard to say, but honestly, if Singer got the axe, I wouldn't be surprised. However, I do believe that Singer is a talented guy nevertheless, and I hope that things do work out well for him either way.