The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:09 AM   #76
Freddy_Krueger
Side-Kick

Default Re: Superman DELAYED?

From what I understand, Singer is a multi tasker and works on several projects at once. Note that the article still refers to him as developing the SR sequel. Will the sequel get pushed back a bit? Probably. But doing another project in between isn't out of the ordinary. Look at Christopher Nolan, making The Prestige between BB and The Dark Knight. Or Steven Spielberg, a guy who can make a release for two films in a single year.

If you can't attack SR without attacking Bryan Singer's sexuality, then just keep your thoughts to yourself.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:11 AM   #77
J.Howlett

I don't think it's delayed one bit. It's quite conceiveable for Singer to work on both projects at the same time....Flawless just had a great example with Nolan work on the Prestige and right into The Dark Knight.

Singer's probably got a team working exclusively on the Returns sequel while he works on his new thriller. Remember, Singer was also busy executive producing House while very deep into production on Returns.

Everyone relax....

Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 AM   #78
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

edit

Old 03-14-2007, 12:15 AM   #79
J.Howlett

Also, Singer was also working on Logan's Run during Returns production. Clearly, the guy loves to multi-task....

Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 AM   #80
Catman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
If he shoots this new film this year, along with continuing pre-production on the Returns sequel, he can reasonably start shooting the sequel next Spring.

It's not that big a deal. More than likely, this new film of his, he's been working on for a while now....
It took Singer two years to make Superman Returns. Why would he make the sequel in less than a year? His new movie just got greenlit. By the time it is cast and sets are build, etc, he won't start shooting till late 2007.

And, comparing Singer to Nolan is nonsense. You can't compare directing a Batman movie to directing a Superman movie. Nolan can make TDK in a year. Singer can't make Superman that quickly. Especially with all the CGI shots and s--t.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 AM   #81
Catman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Also, Singer was also working on Logan's Run during Returns production. Clearly, the guy loves to multi-task....
Logan's Run is in development hell. So, why even bother bringing it up.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #82
J.Howlett

Because, he was still working on it while shooting Returns. It's relevant to this discussion. It just clearly shows that Singer, like alot of directors, like to multi-task on a number of projects at one time.

This news does not state that he is off the sequel...especially with Routh saying he's talked to Singer about what's going on with the sequel recently.

Again, everyone relax....

Old 03-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #83
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Ok, lets say the SR sequel is delayed. If WB was so gung ho about a Supes sequel why would they allow it to be delayed so that Singer can make a film for another studio?

Old 03-14-2007, 12:22 AM   #84
Freddy_Krueger
Side-Kick

Batman Begins had about the same amount of production time as Superman Returns. There's only about 6-8 months of actual filming. The rest goes towards pre-production and post-production.

My thinking is that Singer just wants to do a non-superhero film before diving in headfirst for SR2. Think about it. He's been working on nothing but comic book movies for seven years. X-men, X2, worked on X3 before dropping out and finally SR. His last non-superhero movie was Apt Pupil and that was a while ago.

If you can't attack SR without attacking Bryan Singer's sexuality, then just keep your thoughts to yourself.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #85
J.Howlett

Again, he's not off it. He'll be working on a number of projects while shooting this new film....and more than likely one of them will be the Returns sequel.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:24 AM   #86
J.Howlett

Exactly, Freddy.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:28 AM   #87
Nokio
Side-Kick

Yeah I say Delay Superman and do the JLA movie! As for Singer getting replaced? I'm thinking yeah. With SR underperforming I said this and I hope so. As for who to replace Singer? I don't know yet, but i hope he doesn't come back.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:57 AM   #88
Superman4ever
Side-Kick

Already debunked by Supermanhomepage.com http://supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=3269

Old 03-14-2007, 12:58 AM   #89
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
It took Singer two years to make Superman Returns. Why would he make the sequel in less than a year? His new movie just got greenlit. By the time it is cast and sets are build, etc, he won't start shooting till late 2007.

And, comparing Singer to Nolan is nonsense. You can't compare directing a Batman movie to directing a Superman movie. Nolan can make TDK in a year. Singer can't make Superman that quickly. Especially with all the CGI shots and s--t.
It took Singer two years to find actors to play Superman, Lex, Lois, Perry, Jimmy, Ma, Richard and Jason, design sets, costumes, wigs, NKI all that stuff's out of the way.

Not really, If Singer starts filming at the end of 07 he can finish at the beggining of 09. Besides, if it's anything like Suspects, it will be a pretty small film.

Calling Kevin Spacey is exactly the same as caling Bale. He was pretty much the favourite from the start.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:58 AM   #90
Mr.Egyptian.
Side-Kick

False Alarm

Quote:
False Statement in Variety Report on Singer's Next Film

Variety reports that United Artists has green-lit Bryan Singer's next movie, in which he will team up once again with "The Usual Suspects" screenwriter Chris McQuarrie. The report also claims that the World War II film will "delay Warner Bros.' hope of mounting a sequel to Superman Returns in the near future."
The Superman Homepage has found out that this claim is false, with Warner Bros. and Bryan Singer reportedly on track to start filming the sequel to "Superman Returns" around March of 2008 as previously planned.
http://supermanhomepage.com/news.php

Old 03-14-2007, 01:02 AM   #91
Freddy_Krueger
Side-Kick

Hmmm...interesting. It's not like Variety is 100% accurate; it wouldn't be the first time they've been given false information.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:30 AM   #92
Seen
It's Been Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
How do you know? The Variety article says shooting will commence in the summer, not the fall.

Quote:
Chris Nolan was hired as director of Batman Begins in the spring of 2003. The film was released in June of 2005. Two years. More than that, actually. So your point?

And btw, Singer was developing Logan's Run concurrently with developing Superman Returns and directing and producing the pilot episode of House. The dude can multitask. Let him do his job.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:53 AM   #93
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

It's not false, it was a logic speculation
But it's not true. The speculations will end soon. I expect an official announcement about the sequel at the ShoWest or at least during the summer.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:20 AM   #94
David33
Side-Kick

Hopefully,the Superman sequel will be cancelled.

http://singerssupermansucks.blogspot.com/

Marvel Comics rock!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 04:29 AM   #95
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by David33 View Post
LOL "the last days of the haters"
IMO we'll know very soon the truth. If they want to do the sequel in the 2009 they have to announce it now.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:31 AM   #96
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David33 View Post
Hopefully not! Just because you didn't like SR doesn't mean others are as like minded as you. I thought SR was awesome, can't wait for the sequel!

Last edited by Downhere; 03-14-2007 at 04:57 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:38 AM   #97
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

I hated Superman Returns but to say you want the sequel cancelled is silly. I want a sequel really bad because I am hoping Singer finally makes his OWN Superman movie and not a piece of **** Superdad Donner homage. Come on Singer you know what to do just ****ing do it.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 AM   #98
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Thank god this news is false, this is my most anticipated movie at the moment and we already have to wait over 2 years for this, waiting longer for some other movie would have severly pissed me off.

Anyway Mcquarrie is a director now isnt he? The Way Of The Gun was excellent and i'd be surprised if he just went back to writing.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-14-2007, 05:14 AM   #99
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Ave

Well, the fact that the sequel is delayed is false apparently , but the Singer/Mc Quarrie thriller is going ahead (i liked too the Way of the gun . but it was not a hit if i remember well . Plus maybe liked mc Quarrie wanted to write anew .. and i say that he is right to do it again! lol

Seriously good news all around now when one think about it: Singer Superman sequel , a new thriller from the team of Usual Suspect

Last edited by Maze; 03-14-2007 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:43 AM   #100
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

There seems to be a lot of confusion over this,i'll wait till WB actually makes a statement one way or another.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Closed Thread