The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 01-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #76
CrashNburn
Another Me they'll Nvr Be

Default Re: I think Sam Raimi has everyone fooled.....

I think that the surprise might be that harry fights peter at the beginning and ends up in the hospital. Then, at the end of the movie the green goblin comes in for the save to help spiderman defeat Venom and Sandman. After all of this, peter thanks the green goblin thinking that it is harry who survived. The green goblin takes his mask off revealing to be Harry's father, Norman Osborn, who didnt really die and that he saved Peter so he could have him all to himself to kill.

CrashNburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:28 AM   #77
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASHNBURN12198 View Post
I think that the surprise might be that harry fights peter at the beginning and ends up in the hospital. Then, at the end of the movie the green goblin comes in for the save to help spiderman defeat Venom and Sandman. After all of this, peter thanks the green goblin thinking that it is harry who survived. The green goblin takes his mask off revealing to be Harry's father, Norman Osborn, who didnt really die and that he saved Peter so he could have him all to himself to kill.
erm . . . lol?

Old 01-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #78
Danny No-Shame
King Of Grangetown

You know what I think everyone will be talking about after the film?

What to eat.

Danny No-Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #79
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

Pizza

Old 01-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #80
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny No-Shame View Post
You know what I think everyone will be talking about after the film?

What to eat.
LOL

Quote:
Looks like Harry's name will be the "New Green Goblin".
It has been said that 'New Goblin' was the name of Harry here.

D!

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:24 AM   #81
ENERjosh
Side-Kick

i was thinking the same thing about Franco. if he wears a goblin costume i hope its somethign better then the Dafoe/goldaar from power rangers costume. in trailer you can see that harry is hit by a pumpkin bomb thus maybe forshadowing to a face deformity? i H O P E SO cause that black suit hes wearing is not flying. no literally no pun intended.

ENERjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:29 AM   #82
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENERjosh View Post
i was thinking the same thing about Franco. if he wears a goblin costume i hope its somethign better then the Dafoe/goldaar from power rangers costume. in trailer you can see that harry is hit by a pumpkin bomb thus maybe forshadowing to a face deformity? i H O P E SO cause that black suit hes wearing is not flying. no literally no pun intended.
it did nothing to peter in SM1.

dark_b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 AM   #83
Mr Jide
Banned User

Quote:
i was thinking the same thing about Franco. if he wears a goblin costume i hope its somethign better then the Dafoe/goldaar from power rangers costume.
Well, Harry's get up makes him look like, "ski-surfer-man" but at least he doesn't look as ridiculous as that awful robo-goblin costume.

Mr Jide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #84
Naite22
Side-Kick

^ gotta agree on that one... the old goblin suit did have a slightly too familiar look of that of an evil POWER RANGER!... and that is NEVER a good thing!

Last edited by Naite22; 02-12-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Naite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #85
Nerdio

One question:

Wudnt sandman be the one to team up with spidy? He did become good in the comics and he did die(and later come back to life) when he was fiting venom and venom bit him. And harry and venom are both psysotic and both hate spider-man.

Last edited by Nerdio; 02-12-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #86
ENERjosh
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
it did nothing to peter in SM1.

except it blew his f****** mask apart, imagine human white boy skin. not genetically enhanced spider man skin + spidey suit

Old 02-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #87
ENERjosh
Side-Kick

dafoe's face was pefect!! perfect for that part. do not cover harry with another rocketeer/otto gunga submarine helmet!
ahmen.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:52 PM   #88
Venom 1988
formerly Ultimate_Venom

Quote:
except it blew his f****** mask apart, imagine human white boy skin. not genetically enhanced spider man skin + spidey suit
Thats not what he means. Harry is going to take the goblin formula, so hes basically enchaced like Peter, if not more. So I doubt the bomb will scar his face.

Best Batman Movie News Site Ever. Don't let a specific Texan fool ya!
http://batman-news.com/
Venom 1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #89
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
One question:

Wudnt sandman be the one to team up with spidy? He did become good in the comics and he did die(and later come back to life) when he was fiting venom and venom bit him. And harry and venom are both psysotic and both hate spider-man.
Not exactly. sandman and venom team up because they both share hatred for spider-man, harry on the other hand gets convinced by mj to help peter so then harry goes to the construction site and joins spideys side. sandman stops beating the crap out of spidey because his daughter and wife arrive there. It makes sense because sandman is doing these hateful and crminal like things to help hi family survive in life.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #90
dark_b
Side-Kick

why exactly is sandman angry at spiderman??

dark_b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #91
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
why exactly is sandman angry at spiderman??
Because Spider-Man tried to kill him? That would be a pretty good reason.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
lordofthenerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #92
Reikowolf
Hyperphotonic

I don't think sandman is angry at spidey.. well maybe for getting in his way and persuing him for a reason he's not aware of (killing pete's uncle)

i think red and blue spidey will not be a match for sandman.. at least not at the start of the film

it may be black spidey that will end up being what sandman fears/hates

see it now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_Lj8ty2tA

@hyperphotonic
Reikowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #93
Closerframe
Side-Kick

Bring it back...

Closerframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #94
Menthol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman333 View Post
I think the "big huge surpirse" in this whole movie is actually not Sandman being Ben's killer, or the huge anticipated "venom" showing up at the end to fight Spidey, or Harry's decision to join forces with Peter at the battle royal.........

But I really think the big surprise is that Harry will wear the entire Green Goblin suit at the end of the movie. I think he is leading all of us to believe that Harry is dressing up as a mortal kombat character throughout the movie , and the "new goblin" name.....But I actually think that the big secret is Harry is the next Green Goblin.

I mean, the secret is out, everyone knows Venom is in the movie...It's not going to be a big surprise.

But I really think after May 2007, everyone on this board will be talking about how cool James Franco was as Green Goblin.

It kind of reminds me of George Lucas and Attack of the Clones. Everyone went into the movie with anticipation about Anakin's dark side, but the big surprise turned out to be Yoda fighting at the end. And instead of where everyone was thinking Anakin would be the talk after you saw the movie, it turned out that everyone was talking about the character that was more of a secondary character that was always there, but just expanded character....kind of like Harry Osborne.

Just my two cents.
I hope that isn't the surprise! I'd much rather see Dr. Connors growing scales or a Cletus Cassidy introduction. You know something really shocking that will matter to the future of the movies to come. Besides, doesn't reports say Harry bites the dust in this one?

Old 02-12-2007, 04:04 PM   #95
Visionary
Banned User

Yeah, Harry and Venom. Can't wait.

Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #96
SKSpawn
Side-Kick

I'm still not sure on Harry's surfer outfit...Fair enough, he's not his father and would be "lucky to be half of what [Norman] is" but if you discovered your father's secret lair of weapons, tools and stuff why would you waste time making yuor own stuff? Why not just spray-paint/modify the old outfit and glider to look more like a Hobgoblin, call yourself the Hobgoblin, chuck a cloak on and fly out and attack Spider-Man/Peter as the Hobgoblin? That'd still be a New Goblin and he could still use his little sword and even a different glider really, and would probably look a bit better because he wouldn't just be a white Rocket Racer...

I imagine Harry will deliver the goods though, it's just a bit disappointing that it's not more like the comics in that respect. I liked the original Green Goblin suit from Spidey 1, coulda used a cloak though. If Harry were to wear his father's suit into the last battle then that might be pretty kewl. To be honest, Norman's "ghost" might actually be proud because Harry would be paying tribute to his father and using his technology how it was meant to be used: for good.

Either way, it won't matter much once Venom rips his heart out lol

SKSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #97
VoiceOfReason
Side-Kick

Whenever a new movie comes out, speculation tends to go off on tangents. Usually a simple approach is best. The only "tangential occurrence" that actually manifested itself in the movie was the Juggernaut's bizzatch-line in X3. Would have totally not expected that.

Regardless, in SM3, odds are, Norman is dead and always will be -- if he shows up, it'll be in Harry's memory/hallucinations. Norman was stabbed through the gut and buried later, so I think it's safe to assume he's dead (the *only* way I can see him coming back in the physical world is if Chameleon somehow made an appearance, but this in itself is a huge tangent).

With all these movies lately, I notice a trend in each and every one of them. They all have a surprise-factor somewhere. Pirates of the Caribbean had a shocker-ending, X3 had a shocker-ending, etc etc. With all the hype around X3, there will definitely be something in here guarded much more closely than Venom. Everyone knows Venom will be in this thing -- they even showed the small clip on television during the SM2 roll. He is no longer the hidden gem of the movie and so it's reasonable to expect that there will definitely be something to keep fans talking once the movie is over. Venom will attract a rather big audience, but this is great news from a marketing standpoint because now they have a chance to create some buzz via some previously unknown shocker. You walk in anticipating Venom and walk out with even more hype. The chances of this strategy happening here is high because it's by far the most hyped SM movie so far.

I predict a new character will make an advent.

Last edited by VoiceOfReason; 02-12-2007 at 06:03 PM.
VoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #98
BrollySupersj
Burning RED!

This is a good theory. And I really want it to be true. Hopefully if harry does wear the costume, he'll have made some cool looking adjustments to it.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #99
weezerspider
Side-Kick

I would love for The 1st GG suit to make an appearance at the end. I'm pretty neutral on this one. It could happen, It may not. Both sides make sense.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #100
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closerframe View Post
Bring it back...
Maybe not that exactaly, but the sketch it was based off of. I don't have it, but the concept art for GG that this suit was based off of was pretty bad ass. It looked freakier and a lot more goblin like, the studio ended up going with a dumbed down version of the design for $$ purposes, but I've been hoping that they go with something simmilar to the concept sketch since I saw it.

Does anybody have the drawing? I know it was posted on here quite a bit a while ago.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote