The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Cybertron

Old 01-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #1
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default G1-The animated series DVD

So I decided to order the entire series on DVD and it arrived last week has anyone else gotten it ? and i thought we could use this thread to talk about the series since we don't have a section yet and news is slow

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
lars573
Side-Kick

Default Re: G1-The animated series

So is that a new set or the suck-tastic old DVD's? I've heard that the DVD's of G1 use crappy looking uncorected animation.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
ShadowBoxing
Banned User

Yeah...I gots it.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
DOG LIPS
El Señor Presidente

I ordered mine about the same time hunter did, but I got this set. It came with a badass keychain, and a black envelope full of TF-art postcards. I barely noticed, but on the back of the postcard-holder in chrome writing it says; "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)
DOG LIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
Substance D
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOG LIPS View Post

I ordered mine about the same time hunter did, but I got this set. It came with a badass keychain, and a black envelope full of TF-art postcards. I barely noticed, but on the back of the postcard-holder in chrome writing it says; "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
I want this version.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Cool dvd package. When was it released? I have all three seasons on dvd but bought it sometime last year.
Did you guys notice that Bumblebee was the center of attention in season 1, then in season 2 he took a back seat to characters like Powerglide, and Warpath...?

Old 01-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #7
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I already have the Madman release in Australia, although I am still waiting for the newer version of the movie. God I love that episode when some of the Autobots go back to Cybertron and bump into Shockwave.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #8
Psionic Force
Side-Kick

Quote:

I have that as well. It rocks!

Isnt there already a thread about this? I am pretty sure there is.

Psionic Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
OptimusPrimeRib
Side-Kick

Default Re: G1-The animated series DVD

So where did you guys order those from. I've seen the tin-case set on ebay for a pretty low price, but the seller is always from Asia.

OptimusPrimeRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 PM   #10
DOG LIPS
El Señor Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeRib View Post
So where did you guys order those from. I've seen the tin-case set on ebay for a pretty low price, but the seller is always from Asia.
Yeah, I got mine off eBay from a seller in China. I picked the most expensive shipping and insurance and it came out to about $68 total. I got it in the mail a few days later. Keep in mind the tin box is not a US product. The menu is also not in English, but it's pretty easy to figure out, and the episodes play in English. It comes with a badass key chain and a black sleeve full of post cards with Tf art on them. I'm sure you can eventually find a seller in the states though, but if you really want it, it's damn worth the $60-$70 total with shipping and insurance. Most sellers that are selling the US release of the box sets want twice or three times as much.

"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)
DOG LIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #11
OptimusPrimeRib
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I got mine off eBay from a seller in China. I picked the most expensive shipping and insurance and it came out to about $68 total. I got it in the mail a few days later. Keep in mind the tin box is not a US product. The menu is also not in English, but it's pretty easy to figure out, and the episodes play in English. It comes with a badass key chain and a black sleeve full of post cards with Tf art on them. I'm sure you can eventually find a seller in the states though, but if you really want it, it's damn worth the $60-$70 total with shipping and insurance. Most sellers that are selling the US release of the box sets want twice or three times as much.
Thanks for the info, I'm just always a little worried when somthing ships from another country. I would difinitely shell out $70.00 for that set. You also answered my next question about the menus and languages. That's it I'm heading over to Ebay.

OptimusPrimeRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #12
Wolvenom2099
Side-Kick

I have this myself & I have to say it is awesome, I paid $29.00 for mine and you just can't beat the price.

Quote:

Old 02-14-2007, 09:26 PM   #13
tzar
Side-Kick

Well as soon as I get them I'll be back.

We Spartans have descended from Hercules himself, taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Spartans - the finest soldiers the world has ever known.
tzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #14
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

I have the entire series and the Reconstructed version of the movie on DVD as well. I love the show.

I am not sure if anyone would be interested (or even if it has been done before) but would you guys be interested in a G1 episode review thread? If there is we enough people willing to participate it might be worth doing

Old 05-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #15
Prognosticator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider View Post

So I decided to order the entire series on DVD and it arrived last week has anyone else gotten it ? and i thought we could use this thread to talk about the series since we don't have a section yet and news is slow
Holy CRAP, Hunter!

...did you order that from, *gulp* overseas?

It doesn't look like an American distribution package.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #16
Prognosticator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
So is that a new set or the suck-tastic old DVD's? I've heard that the DVD's of G1 use crappy looking uncorected animation.
I have the American G1, Season 1 and ALL of the animation was digitally restored and color corrected! It even has a documentary comparing the old to new,

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeRib View Post
I was always weary of ordering the Asian box sets of TF as its not always a guarantee if they'll play in region 1 dvd players.

Quote:
Sounds like a good enough deal. But are the Asian-released eps restored??

Old 06-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #17
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Quote:

The only problem I have with the way Metrodome packaged that is they put the movie in the wrong place. Still that is easily corrected.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #18
Lord Blackbolt
Side-Kick

They should put into the DVD set the Headmaster series in English...with the original American actors.

Lord Blackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:20 PM   #19
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:

were can you order it and how much does it cost?

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #20
The Shredder
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
were can you order it and how much does it cost?
Basically what I would like to know as well.

Nice packaging.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:43 AM   #21
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I got it off amazon,it was £65

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #22
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
I got it off amazon,it was £65
I'm going to look into getting it thanks.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #23
Overman27pj
Side-Kick

Quote:

This is the set I got...It only cost $60 bucks, its offically released in China, so the menus are a trick to learn, but once you memorize them it is fine...16 DVDs, every episode from seasons 1-3, plus the movie. Amazing.

It has some real cool art, and the tin it comes in is awesome.

The postcardholder is awesome.

Overman27pj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #24
Overman27pj
Side-Kick

hunter, does your have any bonus material? Mine is straightforward.

Overman27pj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 PM   #25
Inferno
Side-Kick

I got the AUS$110 17 disc version. 16 discs for the episodes plus 1 disc with all the add extras. Came in a cool tin case as well. And in english (always good when you cant speak another language).

They just released a special edition of the movie to, so I'll be picking that up on the weekend

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote