The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: Who Should Play Lois Lane in the Upcoming Superman Film?
Yes I think that Jennifer Connelly should play Lois Lane. 14 14.58%
No, I don't think Jennifer Connelly would make a good Lois Lane. 56 58.33%
Not sure about my decision yet. 26 27.08%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2007, 08:12 PM   #51
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Default Re: Katie Holmes Out? Is Bosworth Next?

I would assume that the WB would have Kate Bosworth signed for a multi-picture deal.

I mean c'mon folks...we're not talking about the Superman version of Rachel Dawes here, we're talking about LOIS LANE! You really think they didn't sign her to a sequel?

Old 01-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #52
explode7
Banned User

Sadly yes.

explode7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:19 PM   #53
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

When i saw the title i felt sure this was a Lexlives thread

I though She did a decent job as Lois but always looked to young and lacked spunk,however the role was much more important and harder to recast than Rachel IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
If you believe that, then god bless ya. She is dong a movie with a 12million budget with Queen Latifah. She passed on Begins to do this? I don't buy it, it's either the Tom Cruise factor or Nolan didn't want her back.
If as i suspect the part was gonna be two lines and then iced i can see why she'd opt for a movie where she is the main star along with 2 other ladies

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #54
explode7
Banned User

How have you become a moderator?

explode7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #55
The Punisher
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider View Post
When i saw the title i felt sure this was a Lexlives thread

I though She did a decent job as Lois but always looked to young and lacked spunk,however the role was much more important and harder to recast than Rachel IMO

If as i suspect the part was gonna be two lines and then iced i can see why she'd opt for a movie where she is the main star along with 2 other ladies

-The Punisher

The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #56
lexlives
Banned User

Don't know if Katie Holmes was optioned for 3 films or not. The recasting has probably something to do with the Cruise thing and less than glowing reaction to her in the role. Come on now - scheduling conflict Katie full well knew the sequel would take a big chunk of time. So she signs on for another role in a small film and walks away from TDK. Don't buy it for a minute.

Batman is one of WB's 2 big successful and critically acclaimed franchises right now - the other being Potter. A third Batman film is a given and if TDK and number 3 are big then, as with Spiderman, Batman will likely go to a 4th film. Katie would be foolish to turn her back on all that potential for her career.

Katw has many of the problems Katie had. Too young and not quite right for the party and not a lot of chemistry with Bale. Exactly as Kate and Routh don't have a lot of chemistry together.

I assume this is partly the studio's doing and I credit them for that. Making a rather significant change to a film the is established already as financially and critically a success. The studio knows it has a potential huge long running franchise with Batman and they are nuturing that franchise. To make it even bettter.

BTW, options mean nothing to the actor/actress. An actor can have an option for a 3 picture deal but it is up to the studio to exercise or not that option. WB could tommorrow announce they are releasing Bosworth from her option and that would be that. The studio could go merrily on its way and cast someone else in the role.

lexlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:55 PM   #57
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

no bosworths not next she is signed for 3 films holmes rejected the offer

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #58
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning54SC View Post
we can only pray singer sees the light like nolan did

Singer is the light at at the end.

Oh Snap.

Pickle-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #59
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
I would assume that the WB would have Kate Bosworth signed for a multi-picture deal.

I mean c'mon folks...we're not talking about the Superman version of Rachel Dawes here, we're talking about LOIS LANE! You really think they didn't sign her to a sequel?
I think everyone is assuming that (hopefully) WB wouldnt bring her back, not that she wouldnt come back like Holmes. WB holds all the cards on this one. If they want her back, she's back, if they dont, she's gone. Somehow, no matter how poor she was, I dont see Singer 86ing her. That would almost be an admission on his part of faulty casting, and we all know how big his ego is... Plus it'd probably REALLY piss off Spacey, since he adores Bosworth

Old 01-26-2007, 10:36 PM   #60
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I do believe Bosworth is signed for 2 more Superman movies, were as Holmes was only signed for 1 Batman movie, so i dont think MOS will have the same problem.
WB does not have to honor the contract. Bosworth is the only one bound by it.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:37 PM   #61
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
I think everyone is assuming that (hopefully) WB wouldnt bring her back, not that she wouldnt come back like Holmes. WB holds all the cards on this one. If they want her back, she's back, if they dont, she's gone. Somehow, no matter how poor she was, I dont see Singer 86ing her. That would almost be an admission on his part of faulty casting, and we all know how big his ego is... Plus it'd probably REALLY piss off Spacey, since he adores Bosworth
What he said.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #62
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

I hope the contracts for Bosworth and teh k!d somehow get burnt in a fire.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:27 AM   #63
Eros
Side-Kick

why would they replace bosworth? You people make no sense whatever, Holmes was probably replaced becasue Wb may not of liked the attention she and Tom took away during the promotion of Begins. Bosworth has done nothing like that, and she will be back for Man of steel unless said otherwise.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:42 AM   #64
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
why would they replace bosworth? You people make no sense whatever, Holmes was probably replaced becasue Wb may not of liked the attention she and Tom took away during the promotion of Begins. Bosworth has done nothing like that, and she will be back for Man of steel unless said otherwise.
Nope she hasn't even been replaced yet to my knowledge. She couldn't do it due to scheduling conflicts.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:54 AM   #65
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

I'm just gonna ask: was Bosworth even in SR?

it's an important question. I don't think she was miscast, but rather that there was no actual Lois Lane in the movie. Singer seemed to have forgotten, that in the end, a superman story is a mystery, with two reporters trying to solve the mystery, and a third superbeing who helps them out along the way.

Bosworth is a solid actress, I don't think she should be replaced, I just think the production crew should learn about the character, and remember what the whole point of Superman is. The story shouldn't be about Superman, it should be about Lois and Clark, and eventually end with Superman.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #66
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormyT View Post
I didn't mind Katie Holmes at all. Shes an original character, a bit young perhaps but certainly in a far superior movie which helped.
Of course margot Kidder isn't as hot as some other girls who auditioned (on DVD extras) but shes super spunky and acted the part very well. She also had great chemistry with Reeves. Bostworth is easy on the eyes but her part was written all wrong and she played the character all wrong and even at that she was just so unlikable. Again, this is Superman, a legendary character. We should only settle on greatness for the main characters. Lois is such a big part of superman you'd think Singer would have given more of an effort. I firmly believe there was some sort of deal/union thing that was involved with her casting. I couldn't stop thinking of how Parker Posey was so much more like Lois Lane while watching.
They don't need to read my post to know higher standards are needed for the sequel, the box office returns and dull reviews are proof enough.
She was also nominated for a Razzie. Personally I think SR should have been nominated for more. Perhaps in a 'biggest disappointment' category, or 'waste of money' category.
I actually wanted Posey for Lois at one point, she was one of my top choices. I don't think there was any type of union deal, I think Spacey influenced Singer and I think this influenced his decision. I actually liked Kerri Russel for the role or the girl from House, but there is no question considering those other two candidates he was going for a certain look and this type of potrayal of Lois.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #67
Miranda Fox
Haters to the Left.

I really doubt they'll kick Bosworth out. Whatever you might think of her as actress, the truth is that she hasn't created the kind of hoopla around herself that Holmes did. No, not even with Orlando.

The situations aren't remotely the same.

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it!" - Pirate Captain.

Miranda Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #68
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by explode7 View Post
How have you become a moderator?
Probably the same way as I did.

member of gods among men
M.E.H.Z.E.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #69
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Agreed.

member of gods among men
M.E.H.Z.E.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:41 AM   #70
lexlives
Banned User

Quote:
I think the only way they would replace her is if she wants out. So one can hope. Its not like SR helped her career and she seems perfectly capable of getting film roles quite easily as it is. Her quote in EW did not make it sound like the filming experience for SR was all that great for her.

lexlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #71
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
I actually wanted Posey for Lois at one point, she was one of my top choices. I don't think there was any type of union deal, I think Spacey influenced Singer and I think this influenced his decision. I actually liked Kerri Russel for the role or the girl from House, but there is no question considering those other two candidates he was going for a certain look and this type of potrayal of Lois.
I personally always had a soft spot for Gretchen Mol as Lois Lane.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #72
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
I personally always had a soft spot for Gretchen Mol as Lois Lane.
I could see her as Lois, a very classic look that could fit Singer's interpretation.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #73
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

they didnt kick out holmes she rejected their offer and i think all agree she hurt batmans profit more then kate hurt supermans.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 01-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #74
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

evangiline lilly or rachel mcadams for lois if kate leaves but i hope she doesnt

R.I.P. Heath
Old 01-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #75
Dr. Fate
Banned User

Lauren Graham might have made a good Lois Lane.

Dr. Fate is offline   Reply With Quote