The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 09-08-2015, 04:04 AM   #1
Rena Wesley
Newbie First Class

Default why Batman is my favorite superhero

In my opinion, Batman is one of the coolest superheroes out there. Not only is he a genius with photographic memory, hes able to fight crime in Gotham City without actually possessing any real superpowers. How does he do it? His physical prowess and enormous wealth helps, but he also gets the job done with the latest and greatest technological gadgets.

Rena Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
Golgo-13
Daisy Ridley's Toy

Default Re: why Batman is my favorite superhero

Batman has been ranked the most popular superhero in US pop culture. What intrigues me the most about Batman - despite him being a complete badass - is his psychological state. He's borderline as crazy as the psycho's he catches. It as the old adage states "It takes a wolf to cach a wolf.."

Every morning a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle, or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you're a LION or a GAZELLE when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING!
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
Spider-Aziz
Side-Punch

I love how he's quite crazy, but still kind of sane.

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:28 AM   #4
Rena Wesley
Newbie First Class

Now if only the software we're having installed will work perfectly fine I'd feel like I'm Batman.
I always liked that he's a little dark and not at all a goody two shoes like some superhero I know.

Rena Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #5
Babillygunn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena Wesley View Post
Now if only the software we're having installed will work perfectly fine I'd feel like I'm Batman.
I always liked that he's a little dark and not at all a goody two shoes like some superhero I know.
I actually consider him to be one of the most strictly moral heroes out there. He is the very picture of uncompromising morality. (At least in most depictions). In that way he is very much a goody two shoes. But he is also very dark. True, he's not the Flash, but he's not Punisher either.

Babillygunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:49 AM   #6
ThePhantasm
Deathmatch Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I love how he's quite crazy, but still kind of sane.
just like me

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #7
Webhead38
Side-Kick

I like Batman because he can be profiled in so many different ways. You can take him to very dark concepts, while making him work on the opposite end of the spectrum with lighter material. That kind of flexibility makes him more relatable to a wider range of people.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:29 AM   #8
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

I have always loved the Pulp Noir Hard Boiled Detective genre, and Batman has that in spades. I love the old timey gangster genre, Batman has that. Batman is psychologically fascinating to me, his obsessiveness which leads him to perfect his body, physically and mentally, and prepare for any scenarios (one reason I'm loving Scott Snyder's recent run is that he finds great ways to challenge Batman.

Batman is the World's Greatest Detective, he's Sherlock Holmes blended with James Bond (suave, expert in hand to hand combat, awesome gadgets and vehicles) and he's a ninja:

He has the greatest Rogue's Gallery of any hero, imo, each villain unique and colorful with their own paticular psychological obsession.

Batman has so much versatility, his stories can be a mystery, a sci fi action adventure, even a horror themed story. He can be down on the streets, taking on the mob, street dealers, low level thieves and punks, and just as easily be pit against a deadly assassin, a powerful alien, or a God level meta human. His stories can have a sense of humor or be dead serious, dark and gritty. Just the environment of Gotham itself appeals to me in terms of what I like in fiction. And the supporting characters, Gordon, Barbara, Dick, Tim, Alfred, etc. are all great in their own rights.

Those are some of the main reasons Batman is my favorite comic hero. Also, he has a really big heart when you get down to it, and he's very flawed and relatable.

wnjcwjkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #9
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Batman was my first movie experience ever in 1989. Batman brought me into the world of comics and superheroes. He was my favorite for years but as I discovered other paper heroes, other comic book characters and strips, he has really become more of a gateway drug. I own 45 Batman trades/hardcovers.... more than any other character in my comic book collection. These stories range from Detective 27 in 1939 to the 21st century (just before the Morrison run). I love all of his supporting characters and his world and I will be forever thankful for what this little bit of magic (Batman) has done for my life. The thing is... if I have to have a favorite superhero, I guess it is Batman... but if I have to have an absolute favorite comics character, I cannot decide (I love everything from TMNT, TinTin, Dick Tracy, Superman, all the Marvel characters, Hellboy, Blacksad - you name it... I AM AN UBER GEEK)... But I will always love Batman and his films, his comics, his world and his supporting characters.

Jerry and Joe were gentlemen. Bob Kane was a thief and a glory-hound who was more concerned about profit and prestige. I cannot bring myself to believe the same things about Stan Lee in regards to his two main contributors, Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko. I'm inclined to believe Stan's version of events as he has usually been very willing to credit his co-conspirators, but the truth is because different versions of credit exists, we will never truly know.
Comics N' Toons is offline   Reply With Quote